174 replies to this topic

#41 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

I usually drop at or below 240 so it didn't really affect me. That 265 on IS though is big for them.

#42 Kheg VanHellSink

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

couple of things..
first IS PUG teams do NOT play as a unit... and they get killed all the time and seem to think LRMs are a good idea... so they louse all the time because there just not as good.
but when pilots are about equil. Clan still has a distinct advantage.
the 25 tones IS has extrea... not realy enuph... just let the Clans have 10 mechs and IS 12 mechs as it should be
and as the game stats show this would be actually fair. Ton for Ton most Clan mechs are about 2 times as good as the IS mech... this works for lore and game play.

#43 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostKheg VanHellSink, on 17 December 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

couple of things..
first IS PUG teams do NOT play as a unit... and they get killed all the time and seem to think LRMs are a good idea... so they louse all the time because there just not as good.
but when pilots are about equil. Clan still has a distinct advantage.
the 25 tones IS has extrea... not realy enuph... just let the Clans have 10 mechs and IS 12 mechs as it should be
and as the game stats show this would be actually fair. Ton for Ton most Clan mechs are about 2 times as good as the IS mech... this works for lore and game play.

That has been requested since CW1 and they've stated its not feasible to implement 10v12

#44 CCSReko

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

Ok CLAN Warriors !
THAT IS ENOUGH WHINING !
I started playing MWO less then a year ago and played most of the time as a Quick Play PUG. I have in the last 2 months hitched my wagon to a dam good Loyalist unit. We are smallish (24 members atm) but we win. Not all the time, but more then not. Now when I put my first toe into Faction Play, I freelance pugged, I then merc pugged, and lost more matches then i thought was statistically possible to loose.(on both sides) The point is, I wasn't very good, I couldn't get good because as a stand alone PUG, with no help, no support, no communication, I was on my own out there. Then I started getting into drops where someone actually coordinated us PUGs and we won, and then again with communication, and some coordination we won again. The light donned, mechs, weapons, quirks, combat I D artilery etc, are USELESS IF YOU DON"T COMMUNICATE ! We have been hit with some fairly tricky changes from the developers but as in the style of Clanners the Universe thru, we will/have addapted changed our play tactics, and we still are winning more then loosing....BECAUSE OF COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK and a determination to take the COMPLIMENT PGI gave us and stomp the Inner Sphere Pilots to dust. The compliment is unvoiced, but as I see it, it says...We the Clan Warriors are so dam good, that any and all short falls are seen as a challenge to overcome, so shorter range, higher heat, longer burns, more jamming, I guess PGI wants to see just how good we are. Can we keep over coming with tactics and skill?, we obviously don't need the weight or the quirks to keep winning. I know I don't have all the info or all the answers, but I've heard the whining, and I gotta be honest, Clanners, we're bigger and better then that. If all you want to do is whine about the unfairness, then maybe PGI has found their Inner Sphere crossover pilots they are looking for to fill out the other sides community. (Balance the populations so to speak)

Edited by CCSReko, 17 December 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#45 CDaemon04

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostCCSReko, on 17 December 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

Ok CLAN Warriors !
THAT IS ENOUGH WHINING !
I started playing MWO less then a year ago and played most of the time as a Quick Play PUG. I have in the last 2 months hitched my wagon to a dam good Loyalist unit. We are smallish (24 members atm) but we win. Not all the time, but more then not. Now when I put my first toe into Faction Play, I freelance pugged, I then merc pugged, and lost more matches then i thought was statistically possible to loose.(on both sides) The point is, I wasn't very good, I couldn't get good because as a stand alone PUG, with no help, no support, no communication, I was on my own out there. Then I started getting into drops where someone actually coordinated us PUGs and we won, and then again with communication, and some coordination we won again. The light donned, mechs, weapons, quirks, combat I D artilery etc, are USELESS IF YOU DON"T COMMUNICATE ! We have been hit with some fairly tricky changes from the developers but as in the style of Clanners the Universe thru, we will/have addapted changed our play tactics, and we still are winning more then loosing....BECAUSE OF COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK and a determination to take the COMPLIMENT PGI gave us and stomp the Inner Sphere Pilots to dust. The compliment is unvoiced, but as I see it, it says...We the Clan Warriors are so dam good, that any and all short falls are seen as a challenge to overcome, so shorter range, higher heat, longer burns, more jamming, I guess PGI wants to see just how good we are. Can we keep over coming with tactics and skill?, we obviously don't need the weight or the quirks to keep winning. I know I don't have all the info or all the answers, but I've heard the whining, and I gotta be honest, Clanners, we're bigger and better then that. If all you want to do is whine about the unfairness, then maybe PGI has found their Inner Sphere crossover pilots they are looking for to fill out the other sides community. (Balance the populations so to speak)

LÖL "I started playing MWO less then a year ago"-thats way too optimistic. (member since 3.Dec.16)
Youre technically correct, though.

The comms issue adds up to the clan issues. you cant expect from someone who doesnt know where the throttle and the brake is to drift.

Edited by CDaemon04, 17 December 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#46 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

so part of the issue is really, there is no kiddie pool in FP, we all get thrown in together.

#47 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 December 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

Counter proposal:

Provide a viable, realistic alternative means to "encourage" a chunk of clanners to switch side so thing even out population-wise.

I was under the strong impression that taken as a whole, there are more inner sphere players.

...And i just left IS to try clan career, but yes, clan PLEASE STOP WHINING! Look at the win loss ratios in faction play and that should stop all IS is too advantaged banter cause clan is cleaning house! come on guys!

PGI is trying to do things to make it more competitive. I don't blame them one bit for trying.

Edited by Redwo1f, 17 December 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#48 Lantanium Buhallin

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

Sorry my eanglish. But you are seriusly? Quirks and 265 tonns? Dear PGI, you ever thought for a second about what's happening now on FP??? 24 Battlemasters kill everything... This makes the game simply impossible!
Please review the balance

Edited by Lantanium Buhallin, 17 December 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#49 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

All the mechs IS has, and he's worried about......

battlemasters?!?!?!

#50 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostKheg VanHellSink, on 17 December 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

just let the Clans have 10 mechs and IS 12 mechs as it should be
and as the game stats show this would be actually fair. Ton for Ton most Clan mechs are about 2 times as good as the IS mech...

Okay, seriously dude. Math.

If 10 clan mechs is equal to 20 IS mechs, then 20 v 12 is not, in fact, a fair fight. If you can't even stay consistent in your own arguments, how is anyone suppose to give them any weight?

View PostCDaemon04, on 17 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

LÖL "I started playing MWO less then a year ago"-thats way too optimistic. (member since 3.Dec.16)
Youre technically correct, though.

Could be a second account. Heck, check my profile, Member since 2012, but my computer couldn't run the game. I went through beta watching a mech slide show before deciding I was hurting my team too much and stopped. The profile doesn't tell you everything.

But yeah, 240 is normal CW tonnage. it's really the 265 for the IS that makes a difference. Keeps the lights outta play making the streakmechs less of a killer, which helps even the playing field. Now if only more IS mechwarriors would actually work together, we could see some grand 'ole victories.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 17 December 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#51 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

CCSReko has the right attitude... whine for 5 min if you must as you redo your dropdeck....then get on TS or discord, group up, communicate and resolve to kill every Freeborn you see with one hand tied behind your back (for the time being) if you must. If you are losing a lot as a clansmen right now it is probably because you are doing the same thing too many IS pilots are....solo PUGGING (it's a brutal business right now). Organized IS units had no problem winning at 250/250 last week vs. Clan units of similar skill levels. I highly doubt they are doing worse now. If they are struggling more now it's likely because they are facing more units than normal....activity has picked up and in the old system units attacked and PUG's defended. Now, it's totally random who you face. In the old system you could also lose to a 12 man that was attacking a planet and you could likely avoid them if you just dropped on a different planet next time. No guarantees with this system

Solo dropping on both sides is really PGI's version of Russian roulette....the only difference is the chance you draw a 12 man opposing you and which 12 man it is. Clan PUGs are dropping knowing that their are 2 bullets in the PUG revolver...they will probably draw IS PUGs and it will be a reasonable match...if they draw a team they get slaughtered. The same is goIng on for IS PUGs....except there are 4 or 5 bullets in that six-shooter. Alot of elite, good and ok units are aligned Clan right now....they all will stomp pugs well and I see lots of IS PUG drops....therefore, lots of massacres happening now....if all these units all flipped alignments the IS would likely have to be nerfed and the Clans buffed.

#52 Redwo1f

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMaple Ridge, B.C. , Canada

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Hey, that 12 vs. 10 might be reasonable tho, just pondering it. I think it would more normalize the win/loss ratios anyway...but i don't know how they could implement it. Idk, but it might be worthy of testing on non-public server to see what happens.

#53 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostRedwo1f, on 17 December 2016 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hey, that 12 vs. 10 might be reasonable tho, just pondering it. I think it would more normalize the win/loss ratios anyway...but i don't know how they could implement it. Idk, but it might be worthy of testing on non-public server to see what happens.

Again PGI has stated they could not work the code to effectively do this...

#54 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

I distinctly remember stomping the clans in most pug FW matches I played a few months ago......Especially if our team all brought laservomit mechs.

#55 Wilhelm Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

View Postshameless, on 17 December 2016 - 08:21 AM, said:

for the record, there is no Mercstar anymore...

O, RLY?

Better check your facts... Posted Image

#56 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostWilhelm Kerensky, on 17 December 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

O, RLY?

Better check your facts... Posted Image

Even if it does exist it isn't as huge as it once was...

#57 Kheigar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

So people say "stop whining, redo your deck", also the same people mostly say "don't bring trial mechs to FP".
But what do I do if I don't have neither funds nor mechs available to free those frigging 10 tons? Me and my friends who joined clans recently are simply put out of FP. With justification "because we can". I don't really want to jerk QP to get another 27M to master a shadowcat. Or farm another several million c-bill to buy a second HBR instead of KDK, or ACH instead of SCR.
Adding tonnage is OK, cutting down tonnage with no warning is bullcrap.

#58 Lantanium Buhallin

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

Nothing helps against Quirks, when 12 people at Quirks mechs, they do not oppose such weapons or lasers or ballistics. PGI again ask rebalances Quirks!!!

Edited by Lantanium Buhallin, 17 December 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#59 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostKheigar, on 17 December 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

So people say "stop whining, redo your deck", also the same people mostly say "don't bring trial mechs to FP".
But what do I do if I don't have neither funds nor mechs available to free those frigging 10 tons? Me and my friends who joined clans recently are simply put out of FP. With justification "because we can". I don't really want to jerk QP to get another 27M to master a shadowcat. Or farm another several million c-bill to buy a second HBR instead of KDK, or ACH instead of SCR.
Adding tonnage is OK, cutting down tonnage with no warning is bullcrap.

This is the dichotomy of FP. When it was originally "sold" to us 2+ years ago, it was supposed to be end-game content. Not, alternate cbill farming for people that don't have quality mechs. But PGI never set up any sort if attunement phase if you will. So now allcomers come in and want to use it for their own purposes. So you'll have to excuse some of the old farts that did the time build their repertoire of mechs (or just bought some mechpacks), your position can come off as "I am not prepared, but I wanna play too".

Just so you know, this isn't the first time they've dorked with the tonnage (and its always short notice). You'll get used to this as you hang around.

As for grinding cbills, QP is still minute-for-minute a faster way to get paid. As soon as you die in one game, hop in another, well appointed mech.

Also consider that very soon you won't even need 3 of a kind...

#60 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

240 isn't a nerf!

I run my clan deck at 225, and you know what, I still have spare mech's at the end of most games. Am I that good of a player, no, am I a better player than you? Apparently so if you can't survive on 240.

My IS deck on the other hand is underarmed at anything less than 255.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users