- - - - -

I Wanted To Shout Out My New Tier Level.

40 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

I happened to notice two days ago that I leveled. Then I lost it.

I went from playing heavy mechs that I do well into playing some new Novas to adjust to the new Clan 50 ton rule on scouting which takes away the Stormcrow.

I had been debating only playing the mechs I do well in just to level but I'm not sure this is the way to do it.

I did get to play a game with JC Daxion!

Posted Image

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

heh, you played well that match.. me.... ahh well.. :P

But don't worry about it, level mechs and have fun.. I've been leveling spiders finally getting to speed tweak.. yippy!

#3 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:36 AM

This might not last long so I took a picture.....

Posted Image

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

AARRGHHHHHHH

Posted Image

#5 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Keep it up, even in a loss you can advance that bar, just try to keep your match scores above 200 and you'll be out of tier 5 in no time.

#6 Mjoellnir

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 27 December 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Keep it up, even in a loss you can advance that bar, just try to keep your match scores above 200 and you'll be out of tier 5 in no time.

Doesn´t work for me. Never got a green symbol after a lost match with > 200 score. Best i can get is that yellow one after a defeat but score has to be >300.

Edited by Mjoellnir, 27 December 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#7 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostMjoellnir, on 27 December 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

but score has to be >300.

Maybe that's the cutoff then, 200 was from memory but I may be mistaken.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

I am pretty sure it is 250 on a loss for a maintain, but for all I know that could vary depending on what tier you are in (maybe with higher tiers having higher required score) to "help" people out of too high/low tiers

#9 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

I haven't paid attention to the game scores lately, but I do know I have to get ~500-600 damage to get an = with a loss, and ~900 to get a ^ on a loss at T2.

Edited by MaradrX, 27 December 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

I hate to admit this. But it has taken me since April to get this far......

#11 Grimm Shado

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

LikeUntoGod, thank you for admitting. I picked up MWO I think Thursday night (12/22) to try out over the long holiday weekend. Still trying to understand how the game works, I read a few things here or on reddit saying "Tier 5 is only for players who fail to grasp the fundamentals of playing effectively, new players who don't suck will go into Tier 4 right away".

I don't know if that's true or not, but I have fun playing the game and try my best to learn and cooperate with my team as much as possible. I have been finding trying hard to stick to a couple guys at least, or the main group if possible tends to improve my survival times and match outcomes.

#12 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostGrimm Shado, on 28 December 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

LikeUntoGod, thank you for admitting. I picked up MWO I think Thursday night (12/22) to try out over the long holiday weekend. Still trying to understand how the game works, I read a few things here or on reddit saying "Tier 5 is only for players who fail to grasp the fundamentals of playing effectively, new players who don't suck will go into Tier 4 right away". I don't know if that's true or not, but I have fun playing the game and try my best to learn and cooperate with my team as much as possible. I have been finding trying hard to stick to a couple guys at least, or the main group if possible tends to improve my survival times and match outcomes.

Thanks man, and it is LUG for short.

I've never played a PC game using a keyboard and mouse to play. I've never played a shooter game for a number of reasons. I was so lost with no help except for here.

I have been working on bad habits like running off by myself thinking I could do something on my own. Trying to "save" someone. Learning the maps etc etc.

I used to go out quickly hopefully in a small blaze of glory but over time I realized the biggest thing was to simply not get killed soon. The players getting "kills" are often getting them because they are still in the game and it is a one shot kill.

At least no one talks about "carrying me" anymore.

#13 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 28 December 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

I hate to admit this. But it has taken me since April to get this far......

Hey, don't let a tier number affect how you play the game - I've bee T5 since the tiers were implemented, and no matter how good or bad I'm doing, it doesn't budge. If you are having fun and your bar is filling up, you're doing something right.

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 28 December 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

I have been working on bad habits like running off by myself thinking I could do something on my own. Trying to "save" someone. Learning the maps etc etc.

I used to go out quickly hopefully in a small blaze of glory but over time I realized the biggest thing was to simply not get killed soon. The players getting "kills" are often getting them because they are still in the game and it is a one shot kill.

At least no one talks about "carrying me" anymore.

I used to immediately skitter around behind enemy lines to see what damage I could do, but being a light and being alone is just a recipe for a quick death. Now I play a lot more like a medium, sticking with the majority and flanking/supporting as needed.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 28 December 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#14 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 27 December 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

AARRGHHHHHHH

Posted Image

Hehe
Don't worry, first time i hit t1, i got lurmed right back to tier2 too.

#15 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

The tier thing is very intresting. I'm making steady progress to tier 1.
Posted Image

But, compare our scores from leaderboar. You win a lot more and what's even more strange, your average match score is very comparable. How it that possible?? The way I figure match score is much dependant on damage. There should be no way you are bouncing between tier 5 and tier 4 while I'm climbing steadily on tier 2.

Spoiler

#16 Temu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

i'm a decent T4 pilot.. lower end T3 LOL the one thing i'm "decent" at is LRM's, which won't do me any good come T2/1 I've been farming credits so i'm steadily rising in T3 toward T2.. but once i go back to energy/ballistic i'll prob start dropping back toward T4. with just energy/ballistic i pretty much yo-yo between T4 and T3... i'll have some good runs (including in T3) then get completely stomped for a string of games and back at T4. (the bar seems to move faster (up and down) on new accounts then it does on mine)

#17 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 29 December 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

The tier thing is very interesting. I'm making steady progress to tier 1. Posted Image But, compare our scores from the leaderboard. You win a lot more and what's even more strange, your average match score is very comparable. How it that possible?? The way I figure match score is much dependant on damage. There should be no way you are bouncing between tier 5 and tier 4 while I'm climbing steadily on tier 2.
Spoiler

Well, God hates me. Which is OK because I hate her right back.....

P.S Now I'm more depressed......:P

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 02 January 2017 - 11:02 AM.

#18 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 27 December 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

I am pretty sure it is 250 on a loss for a maintain, but for all I know that could vary depending on what tier you are in (maybe with higher tiers having higher required score) to "help" people out of too high/low tiers

It shouldn't matter - the cut-off seems to be 250 across the board. Which is not how PGI explained the system, but the numbers still seem pretty solid.

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yeap yeap yeap......My Unit picked a bad time to take an IS contract.....

Posted Image

#20 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

Rollercoaster ride....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users