363 replies to this topic

#321 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostSmell Da Glove, on 18 January 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

actually this doesn't seem to terribly awful. It can go pretty fast (255/30)x16.2 = 137.7

you can do semi decent hit and run close range mech (which is the majority of IS lights any how). All torso mounted hard points except on 2 variants means that you can be a little tanky but having consistent arm shields. I man it's nothing to write home bout but then we knew that there weren't a lot of good IS options left
Oh, it's not going to be BAD - it's a buffed spider.

But it IS boring compared to any of the couple of dozen other possible options.

#322 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 13 January 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

3060 tech will be fun. I really want to see how they balance that though.

IS will probably get:
Full range of Ultra ACs. (Will IS Ultras be burst or do they get pinpoint Ultra 20s?)
Full range of LB-X and ER Lasers as well.
Heavy Gauss and Light Gauss.
Medium Range Missiles.
Maybe Rotary Autocannons. (3062. would be necessary for Templar and Argus)
Maybe C3 networks. (C3 systems seem mandatory for many IS Omnimech variants. But their effect should be fairly different from tabletop since our Mechs are capable of doing most things a C3 would do)

Clans will probably get:
Light and Heavy Machine Gun. (probably exclusive. IS versions are not around till 3068)
Full range of Heavy Lasers.
ATM launcher. (cool weapon, but since we can not have LB-X with changeable ammo types the ATM will probably be not as versatile as it should be)

Both sides:
Maybe finally Arrow IV. Those would make scouts a lot more interesting besides the usual harassing.
Laser AMS.
Maybe updated electronics. ECM and Active Probe variants.

I do not expect to see X-Pulse or ER Pulse Lasers in that patch. Both are not level 2 tech for the 3060 timeline. No regular variants of any Mech use them. The same goes for LRM Streaks. Rockets could be implemented, but there are not many Mechs 3060 using them.

I know there is a lot more cool stuff. But PGI will look in the Tech Readouts and Hardware Handbooks and you will not find the more exotic equipment there.

Is anyone else in for the guessing game?

Edit: Forgot the Streak SRM varints for the IS. No reason not to use those.

For those clan and IS new weapons you have mentioned.. I only have to say, Aleluya!
But, do we have to forget about all other weapons created after 3060's ?

#323 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 January 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

It would be awesome to see these two great mechs go head to head:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh yeah, please!

#324 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

#325 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

Can has Viking?

EDIT: Fafnir and Blood Asp would be good though. As Kanajashi said, they'd be good for showing off new IS and Clan tech.

Edited by xSONOHx, 18 January 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#326 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

New guns seems most intresting incoming change to me. I have omnimechs so even few new guns means a lot of more variety to try out, even if some are only fit for light mechs.

Also once the skill tree change hits live, I will probably have a lot of free general XP and credits, because I've not¨been shy to buy modules since they have been are never on sale anyway and it's too bothersome to swap them from one mech to another as you play different mechs.

I will probably get the skills developed just like my current builds are set up, so I don't think that will change the gameplay much at least for me.

I hope some 65% sales will come along at some point. I have so much free mechbays I can't ever fill them with normal full prices.

#327 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

View Postleony, on 18 January 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

For those clan and IS new weapons you have mentioned.. I only have to say, Aleluya!
But, do we have to forget about all other weapons created after 3060's ?

As I said, I am just guessing here. But since they stated 3060+ I expect nothing from TRO 3075 and beyond and most other weapons are Level 3 or experimental Tech meaning you could use them for your own custom variants in tabletop but would not find them on the official ones.

But I forgot the IS Targeting Computer. The Argus for example has that, so it might be there too.

#328 MuffledOrk

Rookie

• Raging Lotus
  • Raging Lotus
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:09 AM

New tech? they haven't finished fixing the current tech, what ever happened to clan ac's and lbx's being 1 weapon with switchable ammo?

plus until pinpoint accuracy goes its just going to continue to be pinpoint alpha online anyway

#329 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I still vote Mk II over Blood Asp. It will sell better.

#330 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostCK16, on 19 January 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

I still vote Mk II over Blood Asp. It will sell better.

They will sell very well indeed, but probably PGI won't put them in the same pack (I wouldn't).

PS: MKII first, of course.

Edited by Odanan, 19 January 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#331 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 18 January 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

As I said, I am just guessing here. But since they stated 3060+ I expect nothing from TRO 3075 and beyond and most other weapons are Level 3 or experimental Tech meaning you could use them for your own custom variants in tabletop but would not find them on the official ones.

But I forgot the IS Targeting Computer. The Argus for example has that, so it might be there too.

So no PPC capacitator from MAX tech?

#332 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:39 AM

So What about the Behemoth? (Stone Rhino)

http://www.sarna.net...Rhino_(Behemoth)

Edited by spud35, 19 January 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#333 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostOdanan, on 19 January 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

They will sell very well indeed, but probably PGI won't put them in the same pack (I wouldn't).

PS: MKII first, of course.

I would rather have the Blood Asp for the high-mounted hardpoints.

#334 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Ok the IS and Clan 'Mechs Could be the Elemental Battle armor and its IS counterpart theToad.

Toad http://www.sarna.net...d_(Battle_Armor)

Elemental http://www.sarna.net...l_(Battle_Armor)

Edited by spud35, 19 January 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#335 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

View Postspud35, on 19 January 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Ok the IS and Clan 'Mechs Could be the Elemental Battle armor and its IS counterpart theToad.

Toad http://www.sarna.net...d_(Battle_Armor)

Elemental http://www.sarna.net...l_(Battle_Armor)

LOL, imagine the hit detection issues those would have, they would make light mech hit-box / hit-detection issues look like nothing.

#336 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

View Postspud35, on 19 January 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

So no PPC capacitator from MAX tech?

I think the probability for PPC capacitators is low as long as we do not reach the WoB Jihad timeline.

TRO 3075 opens up to all the Tech formerly considered L3 or experimental. Light/Heavy PPC, Snub Nose PPC, Thunderbolts, Multi Missile Launcher, Plasma Rifle, HAGs, Improved Jump Jets, Light Active Probes... a lot of stuff. According to Sarna and some of the books a lot of this stuff was around at the end of the 3060s, but not widely used and I am not aware of official Variants using this equipment besides some Solaris Mechs maybe. Since PGI sticks mostly to canon Mechs I would not expect them to invest their ressources in tech beyond their timeline. But maybe they will surprise us. Then again, the more new stuff they bring in the more they will have to balance.

#337 Hobodak

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

That´s all not so importend at the moment, the dedicated skill tree post is still missing. (promissed for the january 16th week ) And the week is nearly over. So pretty please give us at least some note if its delayed.

#338 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 20 January 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Then again, the more new stuff they bring in the more they will have to balance.

So what? Balance is transient, I always say that. The devs have to shake things up every now and then just to keep the wheels rolling. Some players will always find some good builds that everybody and their moms will be running, which would force some balance changes to level the playing field more or less. These changes will result in new meta builds, new buffs or nerfs and so on. This is a never-ending cycle, so it is pointless to be afraid to implement something new for no other reason than to preserve some state of things that would not last long anyway.

#339 Xando

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostHobodak, on 20 January 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

That´s all not so importend at the moment, the dedicated skill tree post is still missing. (promissed for the january 16th week ) And the week is nearly over. So pretty please give us at least some note if its delayed.

Looks like there was an edit of the announcement.

"A post was initially planned for release prior to the PTS, but with changes and improvements to the Skill Tree build still underway, a post coinciding with the PTS will be more reflective of the build you'll see."

#340 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

My AS7-S with a LFE and an LB20-X AC?
Oh yesssss :D
(at least i hope so)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users