Roadmap For January, February, And Beyond

363 replies to this topic

#41 PaddyG

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

As a new player, nothing excites me more than the prospect of new stuff right around the corner! I'm haven't been here long enough to get disappointed by unfulfilled promises yet haha.

With the new weapons, hopefully IS omnimech tech, and skill trees it should open up more avenues for IS and clan pilots alike to tune their beasts... but the devil's in the details.

Also any new additions to game modes and CW, icing on the cake for myself.

#42 Rathnor1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

PGI would you please give an update on how the MWOWC Ultimate pack prizes will translate to the new mechpack system? I imagine you will soon be bombarded with emails asking the same.

Thank you.

#43 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

I really like the Clan / IS engine balancing,especially in light of the skill tree / quirk revamp that will lead to reductions on ST health and myriad other quirks for IS mechs.

#44 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostPaddyG, on 13 January 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

As a new player, nothing excites me more than the prospect of new stuff right around the corner! I'm haven't been here long enough to get disappointed by unfulfilled promises yet haha.

With the new weapons, hopefully IS omnimech tech, and skill trees it should open up more avenues for IS and clan pilots alike to tune their beasts... but the devil's in the details.

Also any new additions to game modes and CW, icing on the cake for myself.

Understand IS omnis will likely follow Clan omni rules w/locked components, so their opponents will not need to aim for the CT, all will need to be done is focus down a side torso. Of course pilots will be torso twisting but that is 3 potential torso where only one torso needs to be destroyed to take out the mech, while for Clan it is either CT or BOTH side torsos, or a side torso + then CT...

#45 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

I just had to log in to mourn the Firemoth. It's not PGI's fault I got my hopes up, but some of Russ' tweets seemed like he was hinting at it. It was so going to be an insta-buy for me.

#46 PaddyG

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

Understand IS omnis will likely follow Clan omni rules w/locked components, so their opponents will not need to aim for the CT, all will need to be done is focus down a side torso. Of course pilots will be torso twisting but that is 3 potential torso where only one torso needs to be destroyed to take out the mech, while for Clan it is either CT or BOTH side torsos, or a side torso + then CT...

Ah, so if there are indeed IS omnimechs, and they have locked XL engines... that would actually be a worse deal for them.

Edit: Still cool to have swappable hardpoints however.

Edited by PaddyG, 13 January 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#47 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostBeaching Betty, on 13 January 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Ok thats cool but what does it do? I never heard of that before...

It means that your mech's feet react to what they are standing on like a slope or rock.

Take a look at the IK picture in this link.

https://mwomercs.com...y-these-exists/

#48 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Heavy machine guns and rocket launchers? Wait, no....

Wasp? Howler? Sold!

Edited by stealthraccoon, 13 January 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#49 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

ROFL!!!!!!!!! So those who were diehard against making the isXL with slightly different penalties...ROFL...

I need another fraking sixpack...

Edit.. and if PGI continues down this road, if that is not enough imagine a 30-40% movement penalty...Posted Image

I would rather them give IS XL's the ability to survive a torso loss than continually messing with mechs I love. Better to buff than to nerf, disappoints less people. Or maybe BATTLE VALUE to balance things out instead!

#50 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Oh stop crying over the XL heat efficiency nerf for a Side torso destruction. They could simply level the balance by making the IS mechs survive a ST loss or outright kill the clan mechs when they lose a side torso.

#51 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 January 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Oh stop crying over the XL heat efficiency nerf for a Side torso destruction. They could simply level the balance by making the IS mechs survive a ST loss or outright kill the clan mechs when they lose a side torso.
You mean, completely ignore all the lore, at which point why bother having it as Battletech?

#52 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostOvion, on 13 January 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

You mean, completely ignore all the lore, at which point why bother having it as Battletech?

He is going to come back with "when has this game ever had lore". saved you the reply.

#53 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 January 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Then it is no longer a BattleTech game. Seriously though, when they jump the timeline forward and IS gets Light Fusion engines and near-clan tech, I hope that they remove all the Clan XL nerfs, or there will be little point to take Clans any longer

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 13 January 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

He is going to come back with "when has this game ever had lore". saved you the reply.

Seriously, from what I have read, there are about as many people whining about clan XLS as there are Hillary / Bernie supporters whining about the Trump win. And I plan on playing as a well-connected merc that has access to Clan and IS mechs.

#54 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

Why not? apparently a bunch of the lore has already been ignored.

As I've said before, Lore has no place in this game if it affects gameplay or balance in a negative manner.

Edited by AnimeFreak40K, 13 January 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#55 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostS0ulReapr, on 13 January 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Then it is no longer a BattleTech game. Seriously though, when they jump the timeline forward and IS gets Light Fusion engines and near-clan tech, I hope that they remove all the Clan XL nerfs, or there will be little point to take Clans any longer

Why do IS pilots think that the light fusion engine is a saving grace. It is still trash (that is my Clanner talking). The light fusion engine will be a welcomed upgrade

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 13 January 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#56 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

You mean the lore, the table top rules where dice were used to determine hit/miss, then if a hit, actually location?

The engine crit rules were made when the only there was only the STD engine, 6 engine slots. So yeah, if you crit 3 slots/half of the slots the engine scrams and shuts down. For TT with dice, there was no real reason to modify that rule, but then MWO is not a board game with 10sec or 2.5sec rounds, it is a FPS where most weapons hit the spot you are aiming for.

Edit, not crying about the cXL penalty increase, except for when I do play Clan mechs. I simply find it hilariously, and I am sure no one really saw THAT change coming.

For a FPS/live action game, and imho it is a bad balance design.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 January 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#57 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 13 January 2017 - 09:27 PM, said:

Why do IS pilots think that the light fusion engine is a saving grace. It is still trash (that is my Clanner talking). The light fusion engine will be a welcomed upgrade

It's a welcomed upgrade over the standand engine, but it doesn't really compete with the Clan XL.

Your refusal to ignore facts is legendary.

#58 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 13 January 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

It's a welcomed upgrade over the standand engine, but it doesn't really compete with the Clan XL.

nice personal jab thrown in their.

Still trash engine

View PostDeathlike, on 13 January 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

The earths atmosphere is made up of a very thin layer of gas, which is comprised of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, and 0.8 argon, and traces amounts of other gases. all those are facts that I acknowledge so your statement is false.

Posted Image

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 13 January 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#59 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

3060 tech will be fun. I really want to see how they balance that though.

IS will probably get:
Full range of Ultra ACs. (Will IS Ultras be burst or do they get pinpoint Ultra 20s?)
Full range of LB-X and ER Lasers as well.
Heavy Gauss and Light Gauss.
Medium Range Missiles.
Maybe Rotary Autocannons. (3062. would be necessary for Templar and Argus)
Maybe C3 networks. (C3 systems seem mandatory for many IS Omnimech variants. But their effect should be fairly different from tabletop since our Mechs are capable of doing most things a C3 would do)

Clans will probably get:
Light and Heavy Machine Gun. (probably exclusive. IS versions are not around till 3068)
Full range of Heavy Lasers.
ATM launcher. (cool weapon, but since we can not have LB-X with changeable ammo types the ATM will probably be not as versatile as it should be)

Both sides:
Maybe finally Arrow IV. Those would make scouts a lot more interesting besides the usual harassing.
Laser AMS.
Maybe updated electronics. ECM and Active Probe variants.

I do not expect to see X-Pulse or ER Pulse Lasers in that patch. Both are not level 2 tech for the 3060 timeline. No regular variants of any Mech use them. The same goes for LRM Streaks. Rockets could be implemented, but there are not many Mechs 3060 using them.

I know there is a lot more cool stuff. But PGI will look in the Tech Readouts and Hardware Handbooks and you will not find the more exotic equipment there.

Is anyone else in for the guessing game?

Edit: Forgot the Streak SRM varints for the IS. No reason not to use those.

Edited by Duvanor, 13 January 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#60 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hmm, it seems like the Clans will benefit the most from this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users