Wasting Time In Fw

120 replies to this topic

#41 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

You won't get much sympathy when you are playing with EVIL. If choose to play with a unit with EVILs reputation don't be surprised if there are consequences.

#42 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:07 AM

I dont want any sympathy at all, what I want is people to play the game mode.

AWOL have faced Evil a few times when we were IS, we got beaten but we keep fighting as hard as we could, its called pride, even if you cant win, give it your all.

Back when I first started playing CW as it was called in the days of yonder I remember the first really good smashing I was on the receiving end of by 228's. It was Boreal and every mech they brought had IS ER LL, they smashed us worse than what we did to the team today, 48-0, I got less than 100 damage on 4 mechs, much as I hate to admit that.

It pissed me off at the time but had the added effect of making me want to get better to be able to counter that and more importantly win. If all you do is see the other team and groan thinking you are going to get smashed you have lost an important part of warfare, the psychological one. So instead of whinging and using douche moves, learn to play better and beat them. If you cant do that you have already failed and will continue to do so.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 14 January 2017 - 03:20 AM.

#43 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

Nope, it was a reaction to loosing very badly the match before when we played them.

I get your point Carl... I do! But I would not rule the other out. We know who has been acting out, killing teammates, farming to the max and being unkind about in in Chat on Forum and Twitter.
Sorry to hear that you have had to have this experience. However I see a cause and reaction behind this pattern. Nevertheless it is always fun playing against you AWOL. Cheers 07

#44 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:57 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

I dont want any sympathy at all, what I want is people to play the game mode.

AWOL have faced Evil a few times when we were IS, we got beaten but we keep fighting as hard as we could, its called pride, even if you cant win, give it your all.

Back when I first started playing CW as it was called in the days of yonder I remember the first really good smashing I was on the receiving end of by 228's. It was Boreal and every mech they brought had IS ER LL, they smashed us worse than what we did to the team today, 48-0, I got less than 100 damage on 4 mechs, much as I hate to admit that.

It pissed me off at the time but had the added effect of making me want to get better to be able to counter that and more importantly win. If all you do is see the other team and groan thinking you are going to get smashed you have lost an important part of warfare, the psychological one. So instead of whinging and using douche moves, learn to play better and beat them. If you cant do that you have already failed and will continue to do so.

Perhaps you could suggest to the people that you drop with also follow the CoC. If you drop with a team that does not always act in accordance with the CoC , don't be surprised when your opponents are not inclined to follow it either. I believe the phrase is biter bit.

#45 Contrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

Waiting outside a gate for 30 Minutes instead of opening it and finish the game in 15 minutes by just rushing (Even if it is a lose) is pathetic. You waste time for yourselfe and dont farm any cbills either.

#46 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 14 January 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

I get your point Carl... I do! But I would not rule the other out. We know who has been acting out, killing teammates, farming to the max and being unkind about in in Chat on Forum and Twitter.
Sorry to hear that you have had to have this experience. However I see a cause and reaction behind this pattern. Nevertheless it is always fun playing against you AWOL. Cheers 07

Fair enough Danjo, point taken. I guess you get a different view of people when you drop with them and see how they are from the inside.

Im not angry at the other team, disappointed would be closer to the truth, I just like shooting the mechs and thats why im here, other than my sci-fi geekisim from following BT for a few decades and playing pretty much all the other games, this one for me is the best by far because of the human factor involved.

#47 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

When you know that units are employing the non attack while in the Attacking mode ... bring a multi Light drop deck. Especially if you are running in a unit. Just pack a few 35 ton Lights and then load up the rest of your deck with Assaults. That way you can jump over the wall and engage the enemy.

Run the enemy all way back to their drop zone and farm them in small mechs. Bonus points for running the same paint job so that the surats cant call targets on you as you engage them.

#48 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:36 AM

Carl, I gotta say that while I understand and sympathize with you, I can't agree with you on how much you are letting this bother you. pugs and teams alike used to do this to KCom and our tactic had to shift to adjust to this. We started bringing jump mechs the first couple of waves so if we needed to, we could just jump over the gate and go get them. Eventually, we just took that option away from them and jump the gate right at the start regardless of their plans to open it or not. I know it can be frustrating the first couple of times it happens but rather than come on here and put people down, try to adapt to the situation. Once they see that the tactic doesn't work, they will stop doing it...at least they have to us.

Also, yea...EVIL...playing with them, as others have said, isn't going to get you much sympathy (I mean really, SCAR has stated the goal of EVIL is to make the game as miserable as possible to everyone until it either fails or PGI makes the game better...as if he had that much power) but I know you so I am looking past that :). Those guys are all very good and people are going to look for whatever way they can to try to pull out some sort of small pyric victory out of the situation they have found themselves in. They will gen rush, run and hide, stay in their spawn, not open gates...don't let it bother you, adapt to the tactic and defeat it. Then you won't need to come in here and complain about others, other \s will come in here and complain about you.

#49 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

Ah the drama of CW. How I do miss it.

#50 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 13 January 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

So AWOL and Evil are in a group together and playing defense on Vitric Forge and while I will admit we did stomp the team we are playing against the match before, like 48 to 12 they have decided not to open the gates or fight and just sit there and waste our time for the match.

Bad play.

PGI, defenders need a way to be able to open the gates and go out and get them.

Please fix Nao

I should add all of the players on the IS side were all on the FRR hub and opened the gates with 1 min left in the match, poor form.

Is this what teams can expect from bad teams?

You're reading the situation wrong.

Potato teams get spawncamped. They're starting to learn that themselves. Keeping the gates closed protects them from being spawnfarmed.

Granted, FF OFF for the generators is kind of lame....they do it so the team that knows it's going to get stomped doesn't shoot them (or potatoes test firing into them). They don't have a problem with FF as far as players are concerned.

#51 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 14 January 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#52 Naelbis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

Poor, poor EVIL and company..the puggies should have just gone in and let themselves be stomped. How dare they waste your time!

#53 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Carl Vickers said:

Is this what teams can expect from bad teams?

When you face impossible odds, you do what you think you can. Some people are also tired of being smashed by you. They're upset enough to 'troll' you for 25 mins.

Edit:nvm...The gens used to have friendly fire I swear... You also have these things called jump jets. I saw EVIL spend an entire match on rooftops one time, and that was super annoying because the scenario was similar we had no way to engage them.

I did consider spending a polar Dom match just sitting in spawn. Waste only 1:30 rather than the around ~12 mins that map takes to win...But I am a man possessed of toxic optimisim, if I think there's even a chance I can win a game I'll still go for it. I'm saying I probably wouldn't play that way, but I can understand where people are coming from. There's this perception that you guys in the l33t units are unbeatable. I know it's not true, but some people don't.

Edited by Starbomber109, 14 January 2017 - 12:18 PM.

#54 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostFuerchtenichts, on 14 January 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Little correction, EVIL as well as AWOL and you are MERC. So do not speak of CLAN when you mean MERC. Posted Image

this is actually true. some mercs give all of the clanners a bad name, it really isnt that fair to the clan loyalists.

#55 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 13 January 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

By your logic then the Jarl should be responsible for for all that happens in the FRR hub as he speaks for that.

Slippery-slope much?

View PostPat Kell, on 14 January 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Carl, I gotta say that while I understand and sympathize with you, I can't agree with you on how much you are letting this bother you. pugs and teams alike used to do this to KCom and our tactic had to shift to adjust to this.

I remember doing this to KCOM on hellbore with a pug group! The best part was, when we said "come and get us" you actually did! That was actually an awesome brawl at the dropzone and actually increased my respect for KCOM. We were trying to keep you in the match to let another drop have an easier time and ended up with a helluva messy brawl!'

... and no one from KCOM cried about it.

#56 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

View Postnaterist, on 14 January 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

this is actually true. some mercs give all of the clanners a bad name, it really isnt that fair to the clan loyalists.

Just for the record - through a cursory look at the top 200 Merc units, I believe 5 of them are EVIL alternates.

EVIL - 15008 IS Kills, 0 Clan kills
EV2L - 4273 IS kills, 0 Clan kills
EVlL - 0 IS kills, 2595 Clan kills
KMDD - 135 IS kills, 602 Clan Kills
EV1L - 0 IS kills, 433 Clan Kills

When 84.2% of your kills come for one side, I don't think you really count as a Merc anymore. EVIL are de facto clan loyalists.

#57 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 14 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Just for the record - through a cursory look at the top 200 Merc units, I believe 5 of them are EVIL alternates.

EVIL - 15008 IS Kills, 0 Clan kills
EV2L - 4273 IS kills, 0 Clan kills
EVlL - 0 IS kills, 2595 Clan kills
KMDD - 135 IS kills, 602 Clan Kills
EV1L - 0 IS kills, 433 Clan Kills

When 84.2% of your kills come for one side, I don't think you really count as a Merc anymore. EVIL are de facto clan loyalists.

They are "de facto" MERC loyalists. I get what you mean but for me a loyalist chooses to be either CLAN or IS. This decision is based on different factors then choosing to be MERC. That's why IS/CLAN loyalists sometimes have more in common than this is reflected in this forum.

Of course we also have a second IS/CLAN Mech technical balance topic. But this is another story and has been adressed by PGI (and in this forum) since the release of MWO and has to be taken care of in future.

In my opinion most of the current problems in FP arise from the fact, that the first topic wasn't as much taken care of up till now. The biggest "de facto" faction at the moment is MERC. PGI tries to balance FP by making MERC players switch between IS/CLAN (e.g. different drop tonnage IS/CLAN). Up till now this hasn't been successfull because as soon as it is more interesting for a MERC player to switch the majority will follow. It's just like a sinus curve and hurting the overall game because it interferes the tech. balancing that is done in parallel.

So, as a first step be aware who and what you are MERC or LOYALIST and CLAN or IS. Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 14 January 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#58 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 14 January 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

Fair enough Danjo, point taken. I guess you get a different view of people when you drop with them and see how they are from the inside.

Im not angry at the other team, disappointed would be closer to the truth, I just like shooting the mechs and thats why im here, other than my sci-fi geekisim from following BT for a few decades and playing pretty much all the other games, this one for me is the best by far because of the human factor involved.
my alt has dropped with them and was executed by them because I chose to play by the book rather than playing to farm. They were rude and insulting over coms all the way. However that may only be my impression, but definetly one that stuck, combine that with their public relations on forums or twitter and you'll understand why I lost all respect.
And yeah, I absolutely get your disappointment. I'd feel the same. Although I doubt it would have happend without them on board.

#59 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

OP - just gid gud and l2p. ;) Your opponent used a perfectly valid tactic as per the rules of the game. There nothing in there mentioning anyone storming blindly into the 12 enemy mechs, mind you.

They tried to lure you out, probably hoping for some jump capable mechs to cross the gate to gain an advantage. Get over it, your choice of mechs was just bad for this stile of play. Almost as much as as full wave of Laser vomit on Vitric, Tourmaline or Terra. Adapt and conquer.

I agree though, that by pure logic the defenders should have a way to open the gates - or a one-way goat-path out of their fortress.

#60 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Posting in an epic QQ thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users