#21 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

What about...

Mech packs that come with a 'special' variant of another variant.

Archer ARC-2R and ARC-2R(S) ?

I have several mechs like this...

Cheers

#22 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 25 January 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

What about...

Mech packs that come with a 'special' variant of another variant.

Archer ARC-2R and ARC-2R(S) ?

I have several mechs like this...

Cheers

I expect those are going to be counted as separate mechs just like champs will be.

#23 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

Isn’t existing XP being converted into something called legacy XP? Which has been touted to work the same as GXP? If so, it wouldn’t matter which one of your flightless aircraft EBJ’s you actually earnt XP on as it will all be in the same pool.

Edited by chucklesMuch, 25 January 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#24 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 25 January 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Isn’t existing XP being converted into something called legacy XP? Which has been touted to work the same as GXP? If so, it wouldn’t matter which one of your flightless aircraft EBJ’s you actually earnt XP on as it will all be in the same pool.

afaik, your GXP and all the XP you spent on modules will be converted to that.. but not regular mech XP.

#25 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

The only time i have this is when i buy the special mech from the collectors bundle.

I'm also curious.

#26 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

What's going to happen?

Well I predict lots of slat for my home made kettle chips....

Posted Image

Edited by Metus regem, 25 January 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#27 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

My guess would be per variant. It would have to be otherwise there isn't going to be enough XP. Shouldn't have to go back and re do 3/4 of your mechs again. That would suck. Especially the whales who own 300+ The Specials probably be counted separately as well. Bonus for spending extra :P

Edited by Kharonn, 25 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#28 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

The answer to this thread should be very simple.

In the current game if you have 10 hunchback 4G Mechs, they share a single XP pool and they all level simultaneously in the same way.

In the upcoming tree, your Hunchback 4G-specific Mech XP will be refunded, and again when you visit the skill tree you'll see all 10 of your Hunchback 4G Mechs getting leveled simultaneously and in the same way whenever you do some leveling.

Why is this a wonderful for anyone?

#29 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

REMEMBER: You are leveling the Pilot, not the Mechs. That's why Mechs retain their XP when you sell and buy them back, and why multiple iterations of the same mech variant all level simultaneously. You are leveling your pilot's ability to operate that specific variant type - not that serial number-specific vehicle.

#30 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostDovisKhan, on 25 January 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

Consider this, if what you say is correct, then it results in

Every mech gets 500 000 + mastery exp and skills nulified

I didnt even mention this option because it sounds too good to be true, which if it does sound too good - it won't happen

So as much as I'd like you to be right, I don't think we're getting a treat like that

Its not a treat. Mechs that have already earned the XP will ofcourse keep that xp to spend again going from 0 skill to max skill.for the first time. When you want to respec a mech and go back by deleting an already aquired set of skills it will cos you cbills and a new draw of xp from the same pool to do so.

View Postkesmai, on 25 January 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

I say it is going to be refunded on a variant basis.
So multiple mechs of the same variant will not get you multiple xp refunded.

If they have a way to track xP gained on a mech by mech basis even if its the same variant it will be on a mech by mech basis. If they dont xp will be refunded in a shared pool accross that variant for you to spend as you see fit across multiple mechs of the same variant.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 25 January 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

So what happens in this situation - i have 2 BNC-3Ms, and i have about 2.5 million XP on the variant. In the new system , will each one of them have 2 and a half million XP to play with? Will it be split between them? What? Ill be fsking furious if excess mech XP is just deleted... Ive played that chassis a lot, i deserve a bunch of free resets for it.

Probably get a pool of 2.5m xp to share between the two as you see it. Its totaly likely that gathered up xp by a variant will be shared by all multiple mechs of the same variant but its when you spend it that it simply goes to each individual mech.

Any more questions? I dont find this concept difficult to grasp at all so ask away.

Edited by l33tworks, 25 January 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#31 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostDovisKhan, on 25 January 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Because I'd assume most people won't get that desired build from the 1st try and there will be a flood of topics in outrage

There has already been a flood of topics in outrage regarding the new skill tree, almost as many as there have been regarding the unacceptable "placeholder" thing we have now, more like a "skill-twig."

People express outrage about everything around here, no matter what anyone does or doesn't do. It's funny, because I don't think PGI reads any of it, but people keep posting their "fixes" like this is some kind of conference hotline to Russ' office or something. I guess it makes for conversation and entertainment, and people have to vent, I suppose.

I don't know what comes next, but I've got some pretty good guesses.

1) PGI will introduce a skill tree system that will be tedious to grind, but much more convenient if you're willing to pay real money.

2) Reasonable people will understand that "the grind," by definition, should be tedious. They will also understand that monetizing short-cuts through the grind are how this private endeavor makes its money, and that if this private endeavor doesn't make its money, we don't have a game.

3) The vast majority of cry-baby idiots in this community will rage and fume over this fat ball of nothing burger.

My recommendation, as always...

#32 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 January 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

REMEMBER: You are leveling the Pilot, not the Mechs. That's why Mechs retain their XP when you sell and buy them back, and why multiple iterations of the same mech variant all level simultaneously. You are leveling your pilot's ability to operate that specific variant type - not that serial number-specific vehicle.

How do you not realise this is completly out the window now that we will be able to have the exact same variant levelled and quirked differently.

#33 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 January 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

If that was the case then I would carry all my skills with me from Mech to Mech and would not have to level each of them again.

No, I refuse to accept your scenario. For immersion purposes, I have my own Tech who knows my preferences as if they were her own. She has an exceptional ability to get the best performance possible out of every chassis, variant and weapon system. She knows what I like and she knows how to give it to me. I just pay my currency and she does the rest. Posted Image

#34 Plastic Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 25 January 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

How do you not realise this is completly out the window now that we will be able to have the exact same variant levelled and quirked differently.

Thanks...there was something tickling my brain about the 'mech pool' not working going forward...this is what I was thinking about. So you get your 20k points back for your all your mastered LCT-1V's but to pay-quirk one for stealth and pay-quirk another for speed...it costs 36k points? (spitballing here)

HEY...also what about the mechs who are mastered and walking around with a ton of unspent XP. I have a stalker that I pull out when I just want to stomp the poo out of something and it's got thousands of XP just sitting there.

What happens to her unspent XP? I guess we won't know until it drops.....

Cheers

Edited by Plastic Guru, 26 January 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#35 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostPlastic Guru, on 26 January 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Thanks...there was something tickling my brain about the 'mech pool' not working going forward...this is what I was thinking about. So you get your 20k points back for your all your mastered LCT-1V's but to pay-quirk one for stealth and pay-quirk another for speed...it costs 36k points? (spitballing here)

HEY...also what about the mechs who are mastered and walking around with a ton of unspent XP. I have a stalker that I pull out when I just want to stomp the poo out of something and it's got thousands of XP just sitting there.

What happens to her unspent XP? I guess we won't know until it drops.....

Cheers

I'm guessing if you have a ton of unspent Mech XP, you'd be able to afford to spec out a few different versions of this chassis.

Right now, since I have two JM6 Firebrands, I didn't have to earn twice as much XP to skill them out. Once they were leveled, the chassis began accruing excess XP which couldn't be spent, but was technically earned by each mech individually.

When the new trees come out, I expect to get the 57250 xp from unlocking all the skills for the chassis as legacy XP. The excess XP which I had accrued is then available to be spent on any individual mech of that chassis. We've been told the overall grind to level up to max will be similar as it is now, but the numbers may be different.

The big pool of excess XP won't be split up when the tree launches, and the legacy XP will be able to be spent on any chassis as far as I can tell.

Anyway, any of this could change at any time.

#36 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

That is not even the big question.

The big question is: Will we be able to have two or more different skillbuilds for the same variant at the same time?

#37 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:40 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 26 January 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

The big question is: Will we be able to have two or more different skillbuilds for the same variant at the same time?

It's not really a big question, Russ used that as an example in the reveal of the new skill tree. You can have two variants of the same mech that are skilled out entirely different because in the new system the skill tree is mech specific, not variant specific as it is now.

What is going to happen is this:
Currently the XP pool is variant specific, doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, or 10 of a variant there is one pool. If you have earned 2.5 million XP on the KDK-3 you have 2.5 million XP, that doesn't change if you have 1, 2 or 10 KDK-3 it's still 2.5 million that all is in one pool more than one variant just means that they have different percentages of that 2.5 million contributed to the pool. That pool is going to be refunded (the earned XP). They are not going to refund XP that wasn't earned (e.g. you didn't earn 5 million XP if you have 2 KDK-3s, you earned 2.5 {i.e. one has 1.5 millon xp and one has 1 million}. Same with 10, you earned 2.5 million, not 25 million).

This is simple if you think about it. Buying multiple variants doesn't multiply your XP earnings. Talk about easy exploit...just buy 10 of the variant that you have the most XP on today and boom you now have 10 times the XP for the new system! It's not going to work that way.

New system you'll have your refunded XP to re-skill your mechs. But now each mech has it's own skill tree, even if they are the same variant. So if it costs 75K XP to skill a mech, it's going to cost that much for each of the 1, 2, or 10 KDK-3. So one is 75K, two is 150K, three is 225k, etc. So yes, it is going to cost more to XP multiples of variants in the new system, unlike today.

Edited by MrJeffers, 26 January 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#38 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 26 January 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

I may add:
What happens if quirks change again, or the quirk system gets another revamp after the introduction of the new skill system?
Will we get free resets, like captain skills in wows, or will we be stuck with paying money for reskilling after a bigger change?

#39 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 25 January 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Why do you have like 8 Cauldron Borns when there's only like 3 variants (excluding loyalty)

ARE YOU THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT BUYS LIKE 4 OF THE SAME MODEL KITS, BUILD 1 AND HIDE THE OTHER 3 IN A BOX OR SOMETHING
Posted Image

Lots of people that play FW have multiples of the same mech. I have 11 Timberwolves (3A, 3S, 2D, 2C, 1 Prime), 5 hellbringers (2 Prime,A,B,), 5 ebons (2 prime, A,B,C), 6 warhammers (3 6D, 2 6R, 7S) 5 grasshoppers (3 5P, 2 5H), you get the picture

#40 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostBombast, on 25 January 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

I'd assume this is why all spent XP is being returned as GXP, rather than chassis XP. So they'd only have to give you one mechs worth of XP.

Kind of why I'm being safe and getting extra XP on some of my more preferred mechs.

I would bet there is no way we're getting gxp for anything other than modules. I have mechs with millions of XP if they do this I would never even think about XP again. Haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users