#41 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostGreyrook, on 20 July 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

When a weapon is "destroyed" in battle, will it be lost and have to be repurchased a la MW4:Mercs, or can it be salvaged at a lower cost as a part of mech repairs? Probably doesn't matter for a medium laser, but more expensive weapon systems could put a serious drain on resources if it's always getting targeted and destroyed like the Hunchback's primary ballistic weapon.

Once you buy an item, you have it till you sell it...You will probably have to repair it though...

View Postdeadeye mcduck, on 20 July 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

What will salvage rights be for mercenaries? (if there will be salvage, if not dis-regard).

There is no salvage

View PostJacob Davion, on 20 July 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

The hardpoint system in appliance to the Banshee. There are no weapons on its arms. That being said, does that mean I can mount any weapons on there that I like? :) Or no weapons at all? :(

No weapons at all

View PostCheveyo, on 20 July 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

From Dev Blog 4:
BattleMech Efficiencies

this is the basic layout of the tree for any of the ’Mechs or variants that we launch with (or when we initially introduce the base model and chassis of any brand new ’Mech). Players need to spend XP to unlock all of the upgrades on each tier in order to be able to access the next tier. The jump jet related upgrades on tier 4 would be removed for any ’Mech that doesn’t have jump jets. In order to access Elite I, the player needs to not only unlock all upgrades on tiers 1-4 of this model, but they have to do the same for every initial variant. After they access and spend XP to unlock Elite I, tier 5 is then accessible for all initial variants. Elite II is accessed in a manner similar to Elite I. The player must have unlocked tier 8 on each of the initial variants.

Does that mean that a pilot is forced to buy and play every different chassis of a mech to be able to fully upgrade his preferred chassis?

http://mwomercs.com/...le-warfare-cont

Your answer is actually in the paragraph above the one you quoted :)

Experience Points (XP)

"XP is a cumulative point system used to unlock BattleMech Efficiencies by performing in game actions correctly. All earned XP is divided by a percentage between General XP and BattleMech Chassis XP.
General XP can be spent on any BattleMech efficiency, while BattleMech Chassis XP can only be earned on the current active player BattleMech."

So you can play your favorite the whole time. But you won't level the ones you don't like as fast, since you are only spending general on the ones you don't like.. (instead of spending both general AND "earned" with that mech XP)...At least that is how I am reading it.. :wacko: Assuming the Devs haven't changed it, or I am reading it wrong :D

View PostSKiD07, on 20 July 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have a question on role warfare. Is it possible to switch roles once one role has been selected or is it possible to develop skills in two different roles?

The reason for this question is that it may not always be possible to be in the appropriate 'mech for any given match due to weight limitations or there being too many of one type on a team necessitating a change in role to keep the team stable without sacrificing hard earned skills in another role.

Also, as far as 'mech warfare is concerned, how is damage handled with the legs of a mech?

In Mechwarrior 2 if a 'mech lost a leg it could still move forward on one leg by hopping but at a slower pace and could not move in reverse, however, in Mechwarrior 3 as a 'mech's leg was damaged it would eventually affect the performance of the leg on the 'mech's speed till it was blown off which at that point would cause the 'mech to become unbalanced in fall over, while in Mechwarrior 4 if a 'mech's leg was "destroyed" it would still be there causing the mech to drag the crippled leg.

Also, I believe in the Battletech simulators that Virtual World offered at its venues back in '94 (been a long while) it was possible to have both legs blown off and still be in the game without the ability to move or rotate the torso forcing you to have to eject or kindly ask someone to come find you and finish you off.

I was also thinking of another gameplay element, Economic Warfare, that could make things interesting later down the road. The idea would be to affect a faction's supply of readily available hardware and 'mechs by cutting off supply lines or capturing depots providing a small bonus to the attacking faction increasing the availability of the type of supplies that was captured in the faction's stores. Might make raiding beneficial aspect of the game for those with less time on their hands. Would the game studio consider something like this as long as it didn't throw off the balance of the game?

From what the Devs have said there isn't really a "role slot". You can play a match with no scout (probably just wouldn't want too :D)...
Since the skills in your mech's modules will determine what you are best at, you would probably have to go back to mechlab to be able to swap out skills (modules)....Unless the lobby has some kind of quickmechlab :D.

Mech's legs don't get blown off. they limp when a leg is destroyed. At a Very slow pace.

I am not in beta...These answers are from Q&As, blogs, movies. and Dev posts :D
Might look for quotes later :D

#42 Tuhalu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

The new mech designs are certifiably sweet. Are there any plans or thoughts for working with Catalyst to bring those designs back to the tabletop in the form of miniatures?

#43 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostNairdowell, on 20 July 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Great job guys, keep it up!

1 - NARC - Do NARC beacons have a time limit, if so how long (can understand if yes for balance)? Do missiles attracted to NARC beacon aim for that side of the mech (I doubt they are true homers, (hit LT with NARC, all missiles which hit hit LT), but will they hit the side the beacon is on (can understand if no for balance)?

2 - ECM - Will other mechs besides the Raven be able to mount ECM if they have the space/tonnage?

5 - In the videos, the auto-shutdown makes a mech slump and the cockpit is twisted over. Does the same thing happen if voluntarily shutdown (scouting, ambush)?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Second These :)

What are the full effects of the ECM?

What are the full effects of the BAP (Beagle Active Probe)?

How will the AMS (anti missile system) work in MWO? How effective is it? Will it only shoot down missiles aimed at you or will it shoot down missiles within a certain range, even if they aren't aimed at you?

What does a player have to do to be able to use Tech 2 equipment? Is it just a matter of C-bills or do you have to research, spend XP, unlock a skill, battlemech effiency?
Like Gauss, XL engines, Endo Steel, ER weapons, Double Heatsinks etc.

Is TAG and ArrowIV going to be in? Like the Catapult varient.
Is TAG going to work for long range missiles as well?

May we please get an update on what pilot skills and mech efficiencies are in current beta build? Please?

Commander like skills at least?
Been awhile since a blog came out about them :)

Ever since this post fire-support-role I have been wanting to know more about the fire support role :wacko:
Mostly because I was planning to be a commander :D

Thank you :D

Edited by Shadowscythe, 20 July 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#44 Munro

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Will we be able to save different configurations of a variant in the mech lab so that we can change load outs on the fly versus having to remove each armament individually each time we want a different setup?

#45 FaIIen

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Will this game be balanced in terms of competitive play or public play? As in all games certain strategies tend to be more popular depending on what type of play it is and their strengths.

How will matchmaking aid in creating fair and even teams on the battlefield, while all lights vs heavies may sound fun for a one time go... For public play, that could be a nightmare.

#46 Sirous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 368 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Joining as a party option, will we be able to tell on the minimap who is in our party and others on our team. We are all one big team and all but it would be nice to see where my friends on comms are on the map, so if they run into trouble it will be a lot easier to find them.

Also if we do have a friends list can we change the colors of their individual Icons in the minimap to know where each one is at any given time.

#47 Soupstyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

I know you have mentioned that the XL engines can blow if damaged. But what about critical hits? Are there going to be critical hits?
Will the ability to damage normal engines (center torso) or XL engines (any torso) via crits, aka reducing movement speed and heat efficiency be in the game?

#48 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostSoupstyle, on 20 July 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I know you have mentioned that the XL engines can blow if damaged. But what about critical hits? Are there going to be critical hits?
Will the ability to damage normal engines (center torso) or XL engines (any torso) via crits, aka reducing movement speed and heat efficiency be in the game?

Yes there are critical hits after armor is stripped....

From what I can remember there isn't a snake eyes chance of crit from BT TT kind of thing

#49 Tori Migaku

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

how big is the game currently?(file size)

#50 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:28 AM

Will our actions in the storyline alter the established future timeline? can we fail to save Lucian? can we push back the clans?

#51 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Are you looking at adjusting the way mechs register and display glow after taking damage?

Currently it appears many think the amount and location of heat/damage glow is too vast.

#52 Steel Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

On the Electronic warfare side of things, I have a few questions.

1. Will there be IFF spoofing for sufficiently experienced EW speciialists? I think this would be a valuable skill for us'ns who like that kind of cloak and dagger stuff.

2.What is the possibility of an in game voice chat system that could possibly get jammed with the right skill set/ equipment? I know that getting a third party setup, like ventrilo and all, would get around that, but it would make things interesting by making pre-contact organisation and communications another one of those indispensable skills that you cannot buy in the market.

3. Will there be a good passive sensor system for us little guys who like to run out ahead and lie doggo, feeding info back to the big nasties in our lance.

4. Narc missile beacons, TAG, and artillery beacons. Will we have these, and what will their level of functionality be? I remember in Mech 4, the narc was about as useless as mounting an AC20 on an Urbie. I want all three of these toys, and I want them to have a use!

5. AMS/ LAMS. What will their level of functionality be?4

6. Will there be a way to run counter jamming if some miscreant is using their Guardian ECM to poke your lances eyes out?

Here is another thought (even though it wasn't BT canon): remotely deployed sensor pods. Mount them in a leg hard point, and run out and drop them in likely avenues of approach to your position. Even if they are just simple seismic sensors picking up an Atlas blundering around, it could give some nice prior warning of someone trying to turn your flank.

That is about all I have for now. Just want us midget drivers to be more than simple back biters.

OHohoh!!! I almost forgot. Will there be some kind of thermal/ ir imaging for night missions?

Edited by Steel Smurf, 21 July 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#53 Steel Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

View Postl33tworks, on 21 July 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

Are you looking at adjusting the way mechs register and display glow after taking damage?

Currently it appears many think the amount and location of heat/damage glow is too vast.

I would like to weigh in on this by pointing out something I noticed in a couple of the vids that are out.

In one (I think the new centurion video) it shows an Atlas being hit by what appears to be an AC, and the point of impact glows. I know I am not a dev, but I really don't think that Ballistic damage should glow at all, outside of an HEI type of round. Missle damage glow should be a minimum as well. I spent ten years on M1A1 tanks, and have seen heavy armor it with both ballistic rounds and missiles (obviously not lasers). the point of impact does not glow with any sort of heat transfer. Scorch marks and big bloody chunks taken out of the armor, but no glow.

#54 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostSteel Smurf, on 21 July 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

I would like to weigh in on this by pointing out something I noticed in a couple of the vids that are out.

In one (I think the new centurion video) it shows an Atlas being hit by what appears to be an AC, and the point of impact glows. I know I am not a dev, but I really don't think that Ballistic damage should glow at all, outside of an HEI type of round. Missle damage glow should be a minimum as well. I spent ten years on M1A1 tanks, and have seen heavy armor it with both ballistic rounds and missiles (obviously not lasers). the point of impact does not glow with any sort of heat transfer. Scorch marks and big bloody chunks taken out of the armor, but no glow.

I think the devs are going for the visual effect on this one.

it will work well if we have the glow at the point of impact but not all over.no splash.damage glow and look the type weapons would cause more glow than others. Etc X ammount of damage dealt does not equal Y ammount of glow.

I.also think the darker out of sunlight maps should have the glow much more pronounced but daylight maps severely reduced.

#55 BigRob

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

I just want to know if there will be full on Eyefinity support.

#56 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

For the mechbay how many slots will we have? Will there be a max? And lastly will some be locked at launch, only "unlocked" by payment? And will you be able to purchase more slots with mech credits?

EDIT/PS will we be able to crouch in this game like in MW3? i loved how you could duck behind cover or dodge an ac by crouching. :D

Edited by Blaze32, 21 July 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#57 Aileena

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Will there be any controllers we *aren't* allowed to use?

Because of my braindamage I pretty much have to use a neuroheadset to be able to get on par with the ability of all the non-disabled players.

Sadly though, Evenbalance/PunkBuster and a bunch of other protections see the driver software for the headsets as some form of cheat or somesuch and bans for it.
I'm getting really tired of both being shat on because of my disability as well as being denied the chance to play many games on the same level as the other players.

Also, if you disallow the use of neuroheadsets and thereby make it impossible for me to play effectively, how would I go about requesting a refund for my Founder Pack?

#58 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

1) Will the minimap be adjustable in any way? I. e. will we be able to zoom in an out for getting a better overview or more details on it?

2) Is there a chance that some random map features will be added along the way (not talking about random maps, only small randomized details to make the experience on a single map different any time you play it, as described in this topic)?

#59 Steel Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostAileena, on 21 July 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

Will there be any controllers we *aren't* allowed to use?

Because of my braindamage I pretty much have to use a neuroheadset to be able to get on par with the ability of all the non-disabled players.

Sadly though, Evenbalance/PunkBuster and a bunch of other protections see the driver software for the headsets as some form of cheat or somesuch and bans for it.
I'm getting really tired of both being shat on because of my disability as well as being denied the chance to play many games on the same level as the other players.

Also, if you disallow the use of neuroheadsets and thereby make it impossible for me to play effectively, how would I go about requesting a refund for my Founder Pack?

Besides the disability, I think this should be allowed due to the fact that if you look at BT canon, a mech is controlled with a neurohelmet. That would put you closer to canon than any of us! DEVS!!!! Let this warrior fight!!!!

#60 DarkJaguar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Will 'Through Armor Criticals' be implemented at all? I love the dynamic of that 'really lucky shot on the joint between armor slabs'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users