190 replies to this topic

#81 MGEEZ

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

I can't believe we would be so cheap and stupid to swap modules... How stupid of me to buy mechs and mech bays instead. I'm sorry for spending money on your product PGI. How very cheap of me.

#82 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 11 March 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

So it's okay for the Clans to keep all of thier quirks, but IS isn't allowed to? Lol Clammers really need to get with reality. No one will play IS if they are gimmped into the ground like it seems this update will do to them.

But hey it's okay, the ubermench Clanners get more Lebensraum.

I you read my skill tree proposition a ways back I said that both Clan and IS should lose their quirks initially.

#83 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

apparently i am a cheapskate.

#84 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostLucky Rookie, on 10 March 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

So1ahma's skill tree design ...

This proposal looks well built.

Edited by Volkodav, 11 March 2017 - 10:05 PM.

#85 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostLucky Rookie, on 10 March 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

So1ahma's skill tree design is superior to PGI's in every way. Let this be known.

I don't know about this proposed skill tree or MWO or anything, all I know is I wanna f*cking play Homeworld now...

#86 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

View Postebolachan, on 11 March 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

apparently i am a cheapskate.

we're all cheapskates.

"Do you want to buy a mech pack~" Russ

View PostS0ulReapr, on 11 March 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

I you read my skill tree proposition a ways back I said that both Clan and IS should lose their quirks initially.

Well from the sound of things that's not the case.

#87 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

So, people who were buying every single mechpack and mastering their mech the most optimal way (swapping modules) are cheapskates now? Hahaha, whoa, I'm so glad I've stopped buying mech packs long ago.

#88 Insomnium80

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 11 March 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Errr you got the better deal being a cheapskate.

Players who bought modules deserve compensation for this 3rd reduced cbills cost (the pts2 reduction was more than enough), for every 6 of the same module get a mechbay instead of cbills ? to spend all the rest of these cbills from modules we will have no use for.

I do agree, that the cost is fine and in my opinion it could be even a tad higher. But the thing is that as long as I have played you have never been able to buy mechbays with c-bills, so that is not a problem. What I'm looking to achieve is parity on the amount of grind people do, the more you play, the more total c-bills and xp you have accumulated and that should be rewarded whether you bought mechs or modules. The system is changing radically considering you don't need 2/3 of the mecs you actually bought to master a mech and this solution would compensate for exactly that. So mechbays are not an issue here.

What we all need to understand is that a lot of people are frustrated because they have 100+ mechs and they don't have nearly enough c-bills banked, but if they would have the option to sell 1/3 or so of their mechs and be able to master all the rest they could be much happier, at least it would be a more level field when comparing how many hours people have actually played and even how much money they have put into the game in the form of mechs.

#89 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

View PostAppuagab, on 11 March 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

So, people who were buying every single mechpack and mastering their mech the most optimal way (swapping modules) are cheapskates now? Hahaha, whoa, I'm so glad I've stopped buying mech packs long ago.

I know, the nerve of Russ to say that. Lesser men have been burned at the stake for less. What makes him so special?

#90 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostMGEEZ, on 11 March 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

I can't believe we would be so cheap and stupid to swap modules... How stupid of me to buy mechs and mech bays instead. I'm sorry for spending money on your product PGI. How very cheap of me.

How many mechs without engines do you have ?

View PostInsomnium80, on 12 March 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

What we all need to understand is that a lot of people are frustrated because they have 100+ mechs and they don't have nearly enough c-bills banked, but if they would have the option to sell 1/3 or so of their mechs and be able to master all the rest they could be much happier,

I would definately Support Mechs being able to be sold back at a much higher % for the 1st 7 days after SPtree launches. only sell about 3-5 of my 100ish mechs myself if that was the case but I can understand others would benefit from it more and might make a lot of people less angry.

#91 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

Just another point of view to show the very loud fraction of moduleswappers how ridiculus and unreasonable their lament is.

Have you ever heared the players at the other end of the population [few mechs/all modules] lamenting? No? Well they could!

The C-Bills they invested in modules was lacking for other mechs they could have bought and refittet. Because they the did not they were not able to play and master these mechs. So if they would behave in the same manner as the module swappers do - they could start to demand to get all these mechs they could have theoretically bought and to get all the XP they could theoretically have earned.

So reflect on your behaviour! If you start making such demands - instead of beeing happy that you can now even further level your mechs - we all soon could demand to get every mech ingame, an inifnite amount of C-Bills and an infinite amount of XP.

But then we could simply abandon getting C-Bills and XP per match as leveling and looting would be pointless. As it seems to some of us playing the game rather feels like a burden and they would be better off not having to play the game at all. They seem to play this game as little as possible yet have to look at all those mastery badges once a while. It does not matter to them that this situation is only due to their very special play style and it does not matter to them that they get on everyones nerves with their immature overreacting behavior about a skill tree system that is so much better than the old place holder skill tree we had before.

Sure this is a massive change - but it is a needed one. And as I pointed out this change may affect the both extrem/outer parts of the population more than the rest. Yet it's plain wrong to say your mechs will be unplayable - you rather should think about that it is impossible to play more than 205 mechs a day with 7mins. avg playtime. And that maybe... just maybe it might be fun to revisit some old mech chassis you stopped playing after the old master level was reached. Put on the equivalent of the old master level points, experiment and expand to the new higher master level. Alone by doing so with your most favourite designs you will earn the C-Bills needed to master the number ~100th mech when you reach it in the progess.

Edited by Ryoken, 12 March 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#92 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 March 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

I would definately Support Mechs being able to be sold back at a much higher % for the 1st 7 days after SPtree launches. only sell about 3-5 of my 100ish mechs myself if that was the case but I can understand others would benefit from it more and might make a lot of people less angry.

The simplest thing is to just give each mastered mech 91 skill points out of the gate, elited mechs get like 75-78 skill points. Then 1/2 refund on all modules, and gxp spent on non-mech skills.

This way everyone, moving forward, gets the equivallent utility for existing mechs but the grind exists for unleveled mechs.

Edited by MovinTarget, 12 March 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#93 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

The players have to stop crying. PGI has always worked like thisPosted Image yes the new skills tree does not affect the gamePosted Image

#94 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 12 March 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

The simplest thing is to just give each mastered mech 91 skill points out of the gate, elited mechs get like 75-78 skill points. Then 1/2 refund on all modules, and gxp spent on non-mech skills.

This everyone, moving forward, the equivallent utility for existing mechs but the grind exists for unleveled mechs.

I was thinking of a very similar method for handling this. The percentage of XP for Mastering a variant you have prior to the pilot skill tree patch awards you with the equivalent percentage of the maximum Skill Points for that variant after the patch.

#95 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 12 March 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

I know, the nerve of Russ to say that. Lesser men have been burned at the stake for less. What makes him so special?

I don't often find cause to defend Russ or PGI in general, but you are being ridiculous. Yes, you, and everyone else that only own the minimum amount of modules and engines for your account, forcing you to move them between mechs all the time ARE cheapskates. I did the same thing prior to having earned enough to begin purchasing more modules and engines for my account so that I didn't have to move as many around too, and yes, I was a cheapskate while I did that. It only takes a small amount of common sense to discern that Russ was not being insulting with his comment about that. Now if he had made a negative comment referring to players not spending actual real world money on the game, then yes, I could see cause to take offense, but that is NOT what he did in any way.

#96 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostMGEEZ, on 11 March 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

You are implying Russ said things that he did not say. Being a cheapskate and being stupid are two completely different things. He did not say anyone was stupid. You are a cheapskate if you choose to spend all the extra time to move modules and engines around between mechs instead of buy more. I did that as well before earning enough C-Bills to buy more of them and save time for myself, and I was a cheapskate until that point. Also, just to keep things clear, your purchase of mech bays is not relevant to this topic, as that cost you MC, and not C-Bills.

#97 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 12 March 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

You are implying Russ said things that he did not say. Being a cheapskate and being stupid are two completely different things. He did not say anyone was stupid. You are a cheapskate if you choose to spend all the extra time to move modules and engines around between mechs instead of buy more. I did that as well before earning enough C-Bills to buy more of them and save time for myself, and I was a cheapskate until that point. Also, just to keep things clear, your purchase of mech bays is not relevant to this topic, as that cost you MC, and not C-Bills.

Unless he was choosing between buying mechbays or more cbills with that MC, in which case he still doesn't have much of an argument if consider the exchange rate... that right there is the very definition of a fool and his money are soon parted...

#98 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Posted Image

Edited by PFC Carsten, 12 March 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#99 MGEEZ

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 12 March 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

How many mechs without engines do you have ?

I have a few mechs without engines. I mainly swapped XL engines.

View PostPihoqahiak, on 12 March 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

It is relevant based on the more mechs you have the more mech bays you have to purchase. But, I guess that supporting PGI with mech bay purchases is a bad idea. It isn't a good business decision to insult paying customers purposely or not. The more mechs less modules crowd will have spent more money on the game than the opposite crowd. Why should I have to grind more C-bills to master the mechs I have already mastered? Did I purchase new mechs with MC? No. Am I allowed to be unhappy with PGI? Absolutely.

#100 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Unless something changed, all the modules are automagically refunded for their full purchase cost plus 1 mil. for LTD modules. If so, what is your problem anyway? Whether you swap modules or not, it makes absolutely no difference. Russ may be wrong about calling people cheapskates, but this is all there is to it. By the way, I only bought, like, five modules and I swap them, engines, omnipods and whatnot all the time, and from time to time I still manage to stockpile basically unnecessary components that I sell. So yes, I am a cheapskate. Waste is the way of the enemy, quiaff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users