676 replies to this topic

#161 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

the Skill Tree is still happening, it's just going to be delayed another month or two. it's still gonna HAVE to be out before these hit.

#162 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostNew Breed, on 14 March 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

don't see much reason to stay clan after those tech updates

don't forget clan tech is still better. for example your er lasers will still out range and out damage IS. Ultras will way more and have less range. ATM and MRM are fairly simaler except ATMs have more options and MRMs fire more in a selvo eg a ATM 9 can out range a MRM but it will do less damage then a MRM 10 but the ATM could use shorter range missiles giving it 2 or even 3 damage per a missile giving it less range then a MRM but more damage. also having 40 missiles could be a bit over kill i dont take an srm 6 unless i have Artemas or it sits vertically on the mech clan machine guns are still all lighter, and streaks whey more and have less range.

#163 Tilakkam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

I am fine with IS new toys and i dont need your light tag or cap - just unnerf Clan heat.

#164 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Aaaww we could've used more weaponry on the clan side for the sake of greater variety.

Can i haz X-Pulse lasers/HAGs/plasma rifles/AP gausses/LACs and whatever is lacking from both tech bases? :Y

I really, really wonder how HAGs would work in this game too... Posted Image

EDIT: Inb4 people calling me out for being a clan apologist that wants more clan toys cuz "muh ez button".

Edited by TimberWolf87, 14 March 2017 - 08:22 PM.

#165 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

View PostTimberWolf87, on 14 March 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Aaaww we could've used more weaponry on the clan side for the sake of greater variety.

Can i haz X-Pulse lasers/HAGs/plasma rifles/AP gausses/LACs and whatever is lacking from both tech bases? :Y

I really, really wonder how HAGs would work in this game too... Posted Image

EDIT: Inb4 people calling me out for being a clan apologist that wants more clan toys cuz "muh ez button".

X-Pulse is IS, but I'd like to see the IS with those, too. And mech mortars.

I'd like to see ER-Pulse for the Clans, however. I mean, Micro lasers? Really? HAG is disappointing it isn't in, but being conveniently one year before its release, I guess we cannot have it.

#166 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 March 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

X-Pulse is IS

I know, I actually said "and whatever is lacking from both tech bases" so i was actually looking forward to some IS toys too, especially said X-Pulse lasers. :U

Also ER pulse would've been quite the addition and i don't even want to think about how streak lerms would've worked in this game.

Oh god streak lerms would've been hilarious. :Y

Edited by TimberWolf87, 14 March 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#167 ZachMan119

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 115 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia somewhere...

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 14 March 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Micro-pulse lasers, huh? Maybe if the Clans had gotten the Piranha...

But hey, ATMs! Maybe they'll give everyone functioning LB-X autocannons and get rid of those funky placeholder 'standard' Clan Autocannons!

Does anyone think the IS Ultras will have the same burst-fire mechanic?

If the REG ACs (Clan and IS) fired as the current IS ACs does and the UACs (Clan and IS) would use the burst, that would give clanners a reason to bring the REG ACs

#168 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

Uziel, Annihilator, Cougar, MC mk2. Well folks, Mechwarrior 5 just got fully funded...

#169 Creepus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 March 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

uh.... they're called ATMs, Creepus.

Nope, they are diffrent. ATM shoots single misile which does a huge area damage.

Edited by Creepus, 14 March 2017 - 09:52 PM.

#170 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

In this thread: so many "Clanners" revealing themselves to only be in it for the tech advantage. Ha!

#171 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 March 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

In this thread: so many "Clanners" revealing themselves to only be in it for the tech advantage. Ha!

Ah, but you will get more toys than the Clanners soon and Clans aren't even going to get HAGs.

#172 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostCreepus, on 14 March 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

Nope, they are diffrent. ATM shoots single misile which does a huge area damage.

No.... No that is not the case. You might be thinking of those Thunderbolt missiles from MW4?

Advanced Tactical Missiles, or ATMs, fire in sets of 3, and come packaged automatically with Artemis. ATM3, 6, 9, and 12. At close range, they do 3 damage per missile. At long, defined as up to around 810 meters, 1 damage per missile. At medium they do 2 damage per missile. So an ATM12 is doing 24 damage per launcher at medium range. Medium should be around 540 meters. At close range, an ATM12 is dealing 36 damage. The IS MRM max out at around 450 meters, are totally unguided, cannot take Artemis, and historically have quite a bit of spread to them.

So the ATM functions as an SRM, LRM, and pseudo MRM, all in one package. Except with tighter clustering due to integrated Artemis. Will it be dumbfired or fly like SSRM or LRM? That has to be seen.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 March 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#173 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

I saw MRMs and read the description and said "Medium range rocket barrage? Cool." Then I saw the numbers and I haven't stopped laughing since. This is going to be amazing

#174 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostCreepus, on 14 March 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

The Advanced Tactical Missile system (ATM) was developed by Clan Coyote from 3054 to 3060 and allows its users to choose between three different types of ammunition. ATMs also include an integral Artemis IV Fire Control System.

The standard ammo deals two points per missile, like a short-range missile, but has a longer range, albeit with a minimum due to the multi-stage nature of the missiles.

The Extended Range ammo has a correspondingly longer range, with the same multi-stage missile's minimum range, though it deals only one point of damage per missile.

The High Explosive version has a much shorter range since it trades the booster for increased power. This removes the minimum range and allows the missile to deal three points of damage.

Nope, no AOE effect there, I suspect you are thinking of the Arrow missile.

Edit, Pariah ninja'd me.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 14 March 2017 - 10:37 PM.

#175 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostSchrollski, on 14 March 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Trying to rise above the sea of biased bullsh*t. So, which clan will replace Clan Smoke Jaguar?

The only true Clan of feline inclination, obviously.

Come join the Nova Cats. We have pot insane parties with fire pits and drums! We are also like... the anti-Jaguars. Seriously. About the only people who managed to stay mad at us were the Jaguars. And we helped exterminate them. Posted Image

Well, and Dark Age Draconis Combine. But that never happened.... The Dark Ages was just a horrible story..... It never happened. Never.... Never.....

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 March 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#176 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

I just remembered. . . . with the Light Gauss, and now, the Rotary AC/5 coming in. It means we can have two Thunderbolts: the 9M with its ER Medium Lasers and Light Gauss Rifle. With this variant, the cockpit will be on the left side instead of the right. The 9NAIS will give us all the available new weapons - Streak 6, 3 ER Medium Lasers, a Targeting Computer, and a RAC/5.
In the words of the late Jackie Gleason: "How sweet it is"
Namely, there'll be other variants I'm looking forward to. . .for both Clan and Inner Sphere!

Among them, the Hellbringer E and H variants. As well as the Timber Wolf H and Executioner E and H.
THANK YOU, PGI! I never lost faith with you guys ever. True, I complain just like the rest, but somehow they come through with something.

#177 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

View PostMjr Disaster, on 14 March 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Fine, then reset all the Clan tech to the same stats as the TT, DHS that are actually 2x as efficient, ERPPC's that do 15 damage to a single location, Lasers with the same burn duration as the IS, single projectile autocannons. Given the huge leg up the IS is getting it would only be fair.

Lolwhut? A huge leg up? Sorry, can't hear you over the fact that your tech is still better. Please explain to me how getting slightly closer to general tech parity somehow makes the IS more powerful than the Clans? You still have the better DHS, Endo, Ferro, engines, weapons, and now that you have Battlemechs you have access to the ability to customize some of your best mechs just like the IS does. None of our tech matches up to your basic invasion tech. You still have better range, damage, and weight. Now, I'm all for making DHS actually DOUBLE heat sinks instead of 1.5x heat sinks, but we saw the result of the other things you want and it was game breaking. Get back to the salt mines, my steak is a little bland.

#178 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostSchrollski, on 14 March 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

Weren't you guys abjured?

In the immortal words of Khan Severen Leroux, "Like... totally worth it, man."

Plus, we are still a Clan. We are just residing in the Inner Sphere, now. Still have friends in the homeworlds, too.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 March 2017 - 11:11 PM.

#179 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Actually, if i recall, the Nova Cats were so impressed AND so beaten by the Draconis Combine during the battle of Luthien their entire clan went Bondsman.

...which means... adding the Nova Cats would just give the IS a Clan chunk ;)

#180 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 March 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

Actually, if i recall, the Nova Cats were so impressed AND so beaten by the Draconis Combine during the battle of Luthien their entire clan went Bondsman.

...which means... adding the Nova Cats would just give the IS a Clan chunk Posted Image

Nice try. Posted Image

They were impressed by the honor code and skill of the Draconis Combine, as were the Drac pilots towards the Nova Cats. It created a bromance of epic proportions (which just further makes the Dark Age shenanigans make even less sense).

Later on, in the Battle of Tukkayyid, the Nova Cats, despite suffering insane losses on planetfall due to heavy IS aerospace cover, pound for pound, did far and away more damage to the ComGuard defenders than any other Clan. Being so badly crippled from the get go, however, they stood no real chance of meeting their objectives.

When the SLDF 2.0 was formed, the Clan recognized that the very act of invasion created the Star League, and therefore the Clans' mission of creating the new Star League was attained. It no longer made any sense to attack the IS due to this fact, and they decided to join the Star League as members. They did this by staging superficial competitions against the IS so that they could formally be integrated into Operation Bulldog, and help eliminate the absolute black, oh so stereo-typically mustache twiddling evil bad Smoke Jaguars. Who just so happened to have a long standing feud with the Nova Cats because once, long ago, the Nova Cat Khan said her relationship with the Smoke Jaguar Khan was toxic and had to end. The Jaguar Khan didn't know how to take no for an answer, and things rapidly escalated. >_>

Aaannnywho, after the Nova Cats helped the SLDF eliminate the Jaguars, the Grand Council had a split vote. It resulted in abjuration, not annihilation, because the Nova Cats did play honorably, fought bravely, and the logic behind their switch to the SLDF, while not widely agreed upon, did make some modicum of sense.

When this happened, the Nova Cat/Draconis Combine bromance kicked in, and the DC give the Cats a place to crash. Nova Cats still, however, held a great standing with the Diamond Sharks (due to their mutual love of selling goods and services), a good standing with the Snow Ravens (and their mutual love for aerospace), and a status of mutual respect from the Ghost Bears (because the Cats fought with skill and honor).

Clan Nova Cat history, cliffnotes edition 2017

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 March 2017 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users