Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#141 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostClanner Scum, on 16 March 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

With the new tech it'll be just fine.

New tech can't fix poor geometry with a hard locked IS XL...

#142 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 March 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Welcome to how I had to feel Gas, you can't get them all. And someone will always have an issue with your choices.

Also word of advice, open up to more then just 1 vote for the options, have an other vote for anyone's whose mech is not there, turn off view the voters. No need to really care who voted for what.

Also, yes you will need to include.nostalgic options ad well....sorry to say it but if it is an all inclusive poll they gotta be there as.well.

Also post the link all over, twitter, reddit, discord ect. Tweet it to NGNG, MWO, and Russ. The Link needs to be spread around

I think multiple choices should be allowed now

#143 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for the poll! Even if I am unhappy with some of the votes (so far), the poll includes many sensible options and it is the users' fault alone if a bad Mech is voted for, especially as you add poll options according to users' suggestions which is a very good thing.

#144 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

Can someone please tell me what the appeal for the Avatar is, other than nostalgia? Same goes for the Dervish; isn't that basically a trebuchet?

#145 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

Meh. Votes need to be guided if you want a fair distribution of good and bad 'Mechs for each faction.

#146 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 16 March 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can someone please tell me what the appeal for the Avatar is, other than nostalgia?

Aside from being an early IS Omni, I really can't think of one...

Large flat ST's with a hard locked IS-XL engine is not going to end well for the Avatar...

Hard locked Medium Lasers in the CT are not horrible, but not fantastic either...

In it's favor how ever, only the R, I and U variants will not be MWO complaint with the tech advancements... That said she is locked to a 280 series engine, meaning 69km/h post speed tweek...

#147 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

I'm not voting, because I dont care about future mechpacks cause I'm just a filthy cheapskate.

#148 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 16 March 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can someone please tell me what the appeal for the Avatar is, other than nostalgia? Same goes for the Dervish; isn't that basically a trebuchet?

Avatar is an IS Omni, that's about the only appeal I can think of with that.

The Dervish though, there's a lot of people that play this game that prefer the 3025/Succession Wars era, and mechs like the Dervish, Crusader, Charger, etc, mean a lot to those people.

Problem is, everyone is so flipping used to the Clan power creep that they deride anything else as being driven by pure nostalgia and that such mechs are DOA and add nothing to the game.

If people could play only 3025 era mechs on the live server, as in with a 3025 only game mode or whatever, then chances are opinions would change.

Problem is such a game mode would probably require player-run servers so they could setup the options to properly fit the 3025 era.

Games like CoD and BF have dedicated player run servers that cover all kinds of play options. Player servers could be something that PGI could monetize way better that just...

"Hey, wanna buy a mech pack?"

"Hey, wanna buy some MC?"

"Hey, wanna buy some premium time?"

#149 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 16 March 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Avatar is an IS Omni, that's about the only appeal I can think of with that.

The Dervish though, there's a lot of people that play this game that prefer the 3025/Succession Wars era, and mechs like the Dervish, Crusader, Charger, etc, mean a lot to those people.

Problem is, everyone is so flipping used to the Clan power creep that they deride anything else as being driven by pure nostalgia and that such mechs are DOA and add nothing to the game.

If people could play only 3025 era mechs on the live server, as in with a 3025 only game mode or whatever, then chances are opinions would change.

Problem is such a game mode would probably require player-run servers so they could setup the options to properly fit the 3025 era.

Games like CoD and BF have dedicated player run servers that cover all kinds of play options. Player servers could be something that PGI could monetize way better that just...

"Hey, wanna buy a mech pack?"

"Hey, wanna buy some MC?"

"Hey, wanna buy some premium time?"

We have a lot more nostalgic 3025 mechs than mechs driven by performance though, so in the interest of fairness, its okay if the IS gets some good mechs instead.

And a 3025 mode isn't going to be a thing on public servers, so I wouldn't bother trying to push for that.

#150 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Why do people what so many underwhelming IS mechs?

If you are voting solely on nostalgia and we get more subpar IS mechs as a result. Please DON'T post future complaints about clan mechs being better...

#151 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostMalrock, on 16 March 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Why i have to vote in all the polls. I don't know enough about most of these to have any clue. I really just want more warhammers so i want to vote for the warhammer IIC . Would it be possible for a vote to be included for a generic category of say something else? Or can some one point out all the nice ballistic mechs on the list for me in each category other than for Clan assault of course?

IS
Light - Hollander, it's a walking Gauss Rifle.
Medium - Blackjack (Omni) has good Ballistic options.
Heavy - Most of them, really. Dragon Fire looks to have the best Ballistic options.
Assault - Fafnir, the IS Kodiak. The Nightstar, Devastator and Gunslinger are all good alternatives.

Clan
Light - Piranha, but only if you want 12 MGs.
Medium - Lobo, I guess. None look too great for Ballistics.
Heavy - Rifleman IIC, obviously.
Assault - Blood Asp, because it's (probably) better than the Warhammer IIC! Posted Image

#152 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

No Rakshasa? I like this Phranken-Timby.

#153 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 March 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Hatamoto is added, No-Dachi doesn't make sense at all since there is no melee.

They need to add that now that we have new tech coming so I can have my precious AXM-3S and HCT-6S.Posted Image

#154 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 16 March 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

IS
Light - Hollander, it's a walking Gauss Rifle.
Medium - Blackjack (Omni) has good Ballistic options.
Heavy - Most of them, really. Dragon Fire looks to have the best Ballistic options.
Assault - Fafnir, the IS Kodiak. The Nightstar, Devastator and Gunslinger are all good alternatives.

Clan
Light - Piranha, but only if you want 12 MGs.
Medium - Lobo, I guess. None look too great for Ballistics.
Heavy - Rifleman IIC, obviously.
Assault - Blood Asp, because it's (probably) better than the Warhammer IIC! Posted Image

Lol, that Dragon Fire!

On the Ballistic side of things the http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Onslaught has 7 ballistic hardpoints - the ballistics in the torso might on the low side.

#155 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 16 March 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

I am dismayed by the lack of Devastator(and a few others). Also, WTF people only 4 votes for the glorious Stone Rhino!?!

If the Stone Rhino had been in the poll when I voted that's what I would have voted for in the C Assault slot. Instead I went with the Turkina since it's the only one of those I've played with in a game (Mechcommander 1 expac).

#156 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostBrimbooze, on 16 March 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

If the Stone Rhino had been in the poll when I voted that's what I would have voted for in the C Assault slot. Instead I went with the Turkina since it's the only one of those I've played with in a game (Mechcommander 1 expac).

FYI, you can delete your votes and re-do them. I did that when the Hollander / Solitaire / Pouncer were added.

#157 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostBrimbooze, on 16 March 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

You can revote, and you can also pick more than one mech now.

#158 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

Why no firefly?

#159 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

Wow, the Coyotl is up to a grand total of 9 votes! That's 8 more than I thought she'd get!

Though the Black Lanner leading the pack with 54 is a bit concerning.... 55t mech with 11.5t of usable pod space when fully armoured is not good.... This is doubly damned by the fact that the Coyotl has 15.5t of usable pod space, and is 15t lighter, moves at the same constant ground speed with out factoring in MASC on the Black Lanner....

#160 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 March 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

We have a lot more nostalgic 3025 mechs than mechs driven by performance though, so in the interest of fairness, its okay if the IS gets some good mechs instead.

And a 3025 mode isn't going to be a thing on public servers, so I wouldn't bother trying to push for that.

View PostchucklesMuch, on 16 March 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Why do people what so many underwhelming IS mechs?

If you are voting solely on nostalgia and we get more subpar IS mechs as a result. Please DON'T post future complaints about clan mechs being better...

Okay so let's just throw out all the underperforming mechs then since people are clearly only concerned with power creep and one-upping whatever was released previously.

That would be probably 90% of all IS mechs.

Problem solved.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users