Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2299 replies to this topic

#2101 Smutty

• PipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:40 AM

Hammerhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaands

#2102 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

I am absolutely sure that PGI has considered IS Omnimechs and the reason they haven't released such a cash cow is because they already know how bad they will be. Maybe if IS players hadn't whined so much to ensure Clan Omnimech were gimped in terms of how they could be built out, then maybe the IS could have had Omnimechs too but there is just no hope for them to be good mechs if they use Clan Omnimech build rules and Clan players would be foaming at the mouth if they got special treatment.

On the other hand I guess they could just quirk them to hell and back. I mean we already got 70 ton IS mechs carrying the same armor as 100 ton Clan mechs so why not right?

Still I think all you who want IS Omnimechs will end up severally disappointed in their performance and this shitstorm that PGI would have to deal with because of it would be on the scale of Armageddon because I know all of you saying, "I don't care if they are bad, I just want IS Omnimechs" will change your tune within a half an hour of release.

#2103 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 24 February 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

there is just no hope for them to be good mechs if they use Clan Omnimech build rules

Nonsense. Mechs like the Raptor or the Men Shen would be fine and don't need any special treatment.
All PGI needs to do is pick the right IS Omnis and ignore the bad units.

On the other hand I guess they could just quirk them to hell and back. I mean we already got 70 ton IS mechs carrying the same armor as 100 ton Clan mechs so why not right?

Oh yeah, the mighty Cataphract, terror of the Clans, meta overlord, dominator of the game. Posted Image

#2104 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

Maybe if IS players hadn't whined so much to ensure Clan Omnimech were gimped in terms of how they could be built out

Source? What did "IS players" whine about to get Clan OmniMechs specifically gimped?

I'll admit, I wasn't here for Clan launch, arrived back around Clan Wave II / Resistance I but what changed about the construction rules for OmniMechs since they released, that was due to "IS players" whining?

#2105 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

Still I think all you who want IS Omnimechs will end up severally disappointed in their performance and this shitstorm that PGI would have to deal with because of it would be on the scale of Armageddon because I know all of you saying, "I don't care if they are bad, I just want IS Omnimechs" will change your tune within a half an hour of release.

I play Nightstars unironically. I played Locusts and Mist Lynxes unironically before they were good. My favorite Marauder is the 5D, the worst one of the bunch.

I know exactly what I am getting into with IS Omnis and still want them anyway.

Now, please, go apologize for the Clans somewhere else.

Edited by Y E O N N E, 24 February 2019 - 12:11 PM.

#2106 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

The faster we get IS omni's the more fun to have in the mechlab, I just want something different than IS battlemechs.

#2107 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

Stone Rhino...

I do find it surprising that so many IS players want forced XL heavy/assault IS omni mechs...

#2108 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Stone Rhino...

I do find it surprising that so many IS players want forced XL heavy/assault IS omni mechs...

You're looking at it the wrong way.

We want 'Mechs that can boat 11-14 Medium Lasers.

#2109 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 24 February 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

We really do Posted Image

#2110 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

You're all wrong - next mech should be the Naga. Or the Hollander.

#2111 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:12 AM

I just want my clan annihilator...

#2112 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

View PostGrus, on 24 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Stone Rhino...

I mean, I don't have issues running XLs in heavies and assaults as long as they are mobile enough.

Seriously... we have quirks. If they are too weak or too soft, they will get help. I'm not sure how all of a sudden a mech that we "know" is going to be bad is any different from other mechs that we know/knew would be bad but got released anyway.

And yeah, the Raptor/Black Hawk KU would be great, but I also just really want that Sunder. Yeah it has an XL but its the right speed, and they can just give it extra durability to make up for the locked XL. Easy.

#2113 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

I am absolutely sure that PGI has considered IS Omnimechs and the reason they haven't released such a cash cow is because they already know how bad they will be. Maybe if IS players hadn't whined so much to ensure Clan Omnimech were gimped in terms of how they could be built out, then maybe the IS could have had Omnimechs too but there is just no hope for them to be good mechs if they use Clan Omnimech build rules and Clan players would be foaming at the mouth if they got special treatment.

Lolololol

It wouldn't take much to make the heavy/assault XL omnis viable. Lights like the Raptor would be fine as is.

Seriously. They have made garbage viable before. Where there is a will there is a way.

Remember that Timber Wolf, Summoner, Nova, Stormcrow, Arctic Cheetah, Dire Wolf, and Warhawk have all been competitive at one point or another, even following the release of Clan Battlemechs, they still had roles in certain situations where you could not pick a better option.

#2114 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

I mean, I don't have issues running XLs in heavies and assaults as long as they are mobile enough.

Seriously... we have quirks. If they are too weak or too soft, they will get help. I'm not sure how all of a sudden a mech that we "know" is going to be bad is any different from other mechs that we know/knew would be bad but got released anyway.

And yeah, the Raptor/Black Hawk KU would be great, but I also just really want that Sunder. Yeah it has an XL but its the right speed, and they can just give it extra durability to make up for the locked XL. Easy.
gee... if only clan mechs could get such a simple durability boost like that...

#2115 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:10 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 February 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Clan XLs die on ST loss now? When was this?!

#2116 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 February 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Clan mechs have cXL, and lighter weapons to balance things out.

Also, see the quirks on the Gargoyle, Warhawk, and HGN-IIC

#2117 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 25 February 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Clan XLs die on ST loss now? When was this?!

They do if you shoot it off after they fire...

#2118 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:14 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 February 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

They do if you shoot it off after they fire...

Lol you mean because you lose heat cap and might blow up/shutdown if you are already running hot? So wait, you are saying that dying on ST loss is a universal issue? How can you say that XL locked heavy/assault IS omnis would be a problem then? Inconsistent logic here.

#2119 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Lol you mean because you lose heat cap and might blow up/shutdown if you are already running hot? So wait, you are saying that dying on ST loss is a universal issue? How can you say that XL locked heavy/assault IS omnis would be a problem then? Inconsistent logic here.

Has anyone told you your tinfoil hat is very fashionable?

If it wasn't such a min/max on IS to run XL on heavy/assault then you would see it more often. Clans dont have a choise in the matter for every omni mech we have. IS has that choise for every mech they have.. and most go with the LFE for obvious reasons. LFE is just better for a IS mech to carry due to the low heat of their loadouts. Thus less likely to die to overheat like a cXL. If you start having IS omni mechs, IMO, with God quirks for durability, they will simply out perform its similar clan (tonnage) equivalent.

#2120 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostGrus, on 25 February 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Has anyone told you your tinfoil hat is very fashionable?

If it wasn't such a min/max on IS to run XL on heavy/assault then you would see it more often. Clans dont have a choise in the matter for every omni mech we have. IS has that choise for every mech they have.. and most go with the LFE for obvious reasons. LFE is just better for a IS mech to carry due to the low heat of their loadouts. Thus less likely to die to overheat like a cXL. If you start having IS omni mechs, IMO, with God quirks for durability, they will simply out perform its similar clan (tonnage) equivalent.

Then scale back the "god" durability quirks until they don't out perform similar clan equivalents? It's not that complicated.

I still run XLs on some heavies and assaults if they have decent hitboxes and move quickly enough. It rarely ever bites me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook