Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#641 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Still missing a Clan Jade Falcon assault.

Do we really need a Jade Falcon assault? That seems pointlessly specific. I mean, until the Javelin is added, we don't have a Davion light. I doubt that really bothers anyone, so why is a Jade Falcon assault special?

#642 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

Actually, the IS Medium bunch is all fairly close and the only group without either an easily out-ahead top 3 or any 'mech with over 100 votes.

Maybe we should just push for an IS Medium 5 'mech pack?

Put that down!

#643 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostKanil, on 29 March 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Do we really need a Jade Falcon assault? That seems pointlessly specific. I mean, until the Javelin is added, we don't have a Davion light. I doubt that really bothers anyone, so why is a Jade Falcon assault special?

Cause us Clansmen are a petty bunch! We will out of spite not use certain mechs, even if they are superior....like me I don't really touch Hellbringers or Ebon Jags >.>

#644 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostKanil, on 29 March 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Its just more complete. The Turkina is pretty well known too, and its another 95 tonner (we only have one and the Executioner is completely different). And.. we are getting the Javelin, so Davion light covered!

#645 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Its just more complete. The Turkina is pretty well known too, and its another 95 tonner (we only have one and the Executioner is completely different). And.. we are getting the Javelin, so Davion light covered!

What about our Kuritan medium? Wolf Trap when?

I mean, I'm not opposed to a Jade Falcon assault 'mech (especially a 95 tonner), but I don't see the point in adding a 'mech just to tick off the "Jade Falcon Assault" checkbox.

#646 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostKanil, on 29 March 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

What about our Kuritan medium? Wolf Trap when?

I mean, I'm not opposed to a Jade Falcon assault 'mech (especially a 95 tonner), but I don't see the point in adding a 'mech just to tick off the "Jade Falcon Assault" checkbox.

I don't know why I thought the Kintaro was a Kurita medium. Hm, good point... Wolf Trap Komodo or Daimyo. Damn...

#647 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

I don't know why I thought the Kintaro was a Kurita medium. Hm, good point... Wolf Trap Komodo or Daimyo. Damn...

It's kinda. I mean it's ComStar castoff stuff, like the Crab.

We could also have the Strider... or we could just... not.

#648 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostCK16, on 29 March 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yes I know, that is my expectation. Honestly for Clans after the Nova Cat and Warhammer IIC idk what else we really need for our line ups. Almost every base will be covered well, atleast I heavy and Assault bracket. Anything aftet those 2 becomes nostalgic or side grades imo. Lighter well alot there to fill in and Mediums some decent options but yea...after Nova Cat I would be sitting a happy Clansmen

Warhammer IIC is your 80 ton choice to cover all the bases? Phoenix Hawk IIC covers most of the bases, and has JJs. Its 100% better, the Warhammer IIC just has more nostalgia associated with it. If we got the WHM IIC it would still leave bases uncovered for the Phoenix Hawk IIC to cover.

#649 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 29 March 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

We have 3 65 ton Omnimechs, two of which are good and one of which would compete directly with the RFL-IICs role (the Hellbringer - both ranged peek traders. It has lower firepower, sure, but ECM, equally high mounts, no silly hat and much better mobility - RFL is going to need special love from PGI to not be godawful due to engine cap, though, like the annihilator, it might get it)

We have 1 70 ton Omnimech, which is filled with flaws and in no way competes with the role of the Nova Cat (though, the Night Gyr kinda does at 75 tons)

I see your point but I have to disagree with the mechs roles. The Hellbringer was always intended to be a faster but fragile heavy mech. Run in there, dish out as much damage with clan medium lasers, pray that you don't get CT'ed, and run out out battle back to your lance. The Rifleman IIC offers much better armor protection and options for clan standard engines (if anyone wants to trade durability for speed). The last time I checked the Hellbringer doesn't offer jump jets on any of the omnipods either.

Give the Rifleman IIC a 300 engine cap and maybe some slight armor quirks and I think it will be solid.

Also, it's silly radar dish hat isn't a valid argument. It serves as a sun visor and a umbrella for elementals to keep them out of the rain. Posted Image

#650 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 29 March 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

]The Rifleman IIC offers much better armor protection

Lies, they both have the same level of max armor unless you are counting on quirks. The HBR also gets to strip arms for tonnage too, so gets more out of its higher engine.

Either way, already said my piece on this. Nova Cat opens more doors, but it looks like they are two heavies we are likely to see next. Its up to PGI at this point.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#651 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Lies, they both have the same level of max armor unless you are counting on quirks. The HBR also gets to strip arms for tonnage too, so gets more out of its higher engine.

*sigh*

From Sarna.net:

http://www.sarna.net...llbringer_(Loki)

"The Hellbringer is a very widespread design developed by Clan Hell's Horses. However, due to its poor armor, the Hellbringer is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs."

"Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the Hellbringer is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements."

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman_IIC

"One of the first upgrades to the design was maxing out its protection, with eleven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The vaunted anti-aircraft 'Mech is aided in its role by the inclusion of an Active Probe. To compensate for the loss of speed, the IIC mounts three jump jets that can propel the 'Mech up to ninety meters in one leap."

From battletech.hpg.ru :

On the Rifleman IIC 2

"By using a larger 260-rated engine, it retains the expected performance envelope of a standard Rifleman and keeps the jump jets, which are not on the Inner sphere version. The Clans eliminated the ferro-fibrous armor, which forces the ´Mech to carry two tons more armor for the same amount of effective cover."

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 29 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#652 Kanil

• 1,068 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

Cmon Arnold, you know we have a mechlab.

(On a different note: do we have any Capellan assaults? I think they have a Highlander factory, but it's not exactly an iconic Capellan 'mech...)

#653 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 29 March 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

*sigh*

From Sarna.net:

[color=#000000]"The [/color]Hellbringer[color=#000000] is a very widespread design developed by [/color]Clan Hell's Horses[color=#000000]. However, due to its poor armor, the [/color]Hellbringer[color=#000000] is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs."[/color]

[color=#000000]"Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the [/color]Hellbringer[color=#000000] is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements."[/color]

[color=#000000]"One of the first upgrades to the design was maxing out its protection, with eleven tons of [/color]Ferro-Fibrous[color=#000000] armor. The vaunted anti-aircraft 'Mech is aided in its role by the inclusion of an [/color]Active Probe[color=#000000]. To compensate for the loss of speed, the [/color]IIC[color=#000000] mounts three [/color]jump jets[color=#000000] that can propel the 'Mech up to ninety meters in one leap."[/color]

[color=#000000]From battletech.hpg.ru :[/color]

On the Rifleman IIC 2

"By using a larger 260-rated engine, it retains the expected performance envelope of a standard Rifleman and keeps the jump jets, which are not on the Inner sphere version. The Clans eliminated the ferro-fibrous armor, which forces the ´Mech to carry two tons more armor for the same amount of effective cover."

Oh look, someone can quote Sarna, *gasp*

Too bad the Rifleman IIC is a 65 tonner so they would both get the same armor amounts barring quirks, also the RFL-IIC-2 I believe is one of the FEW variants that actually has the increased engine cap which means it will be one of the few that is even bothered with.

#654 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 29 March 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

*sigh*

From Sarna.net:

"The Hellbringer is a very widespread design developed by Clan Hell's Horses. However, due to its poor armor, the Hellbringer is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs."

"Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the Hellbringer is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements."

"One of the first upgrades to the design was maxing out its protection, with eleven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. The vaunted anti-aircraft 'Mech is aided in its role by the inclusion of an Active Probe. To compensate for the loss of speed, the IIC mounts three jump jets that can propel the 'Mech up to ninety meters in one leap."

From battletech.hpg.ru :

On the Rifleman IIC 2

All 100% irrelevant to in-MWO armor values, which would both have the same potential.

#655 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 29 March 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Apparently we can't fix stupidity....

Tell me about it.

#656 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Its called a Conjurer for Clanners.

Ah so it is. My mistake.

#657 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

The Men Shen & Dervish are tied at 95 O.o And the Thanatos only has a 2 vote lead over the Crusader...

Man I wish people would vote for other IS assaults besides just the Fafnir... Like the Sagitaire, Cerberus, Thunder Hawk, Gunslinger or you know... the Nightstar.

#658 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 29 March 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

The Men Shen & Dervish are tied at 95 O.o And the Thanatos only has a 2 vote lead over the Crusader...

Man I wish people would vote for other IS assaults besides just the Fafnir... Like the Sagitaire, Cerberus, Thunder Hawk, Gunslinger or you know... the Nightstar.

and so you learn the important lesson about people. Always expect to be let down.

#659 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 March 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

and so you learn the important lesson about people. Always expect to be let down.

It could be worse. People could be rooting for the Crossbow. Posted Image

#660 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 March 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

It could be worse. People could be rooting for the Crossbow. Posted Image

that would show discernment and taste.... hence why we have no fear of it every arriving. In either IS or Clan format.... which the fact it exists as both should say all we need about it's design excellence. TYVM.

122 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 122 guests, 0 anonymous users