Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#881 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 10 April 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

You want to Boat 10 LB-2-Xs? YES! (14!!! Ballistic Hardpoints on the 1)

Unless it has 10 hardpoints spread out across the mech or you are running a STD engine, you don't have the crits to run 10 LBX2s.

You want to Boat UAC-10s? CAN DO!! (8 Ballistic Hardpoints on the 2)

KDK-3 already does that (and does it better than the Bane ever could), they have been nerfed enough no one cares.

You want to be a Badass Brawler? HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!!! (2 UAC20s, 3 ATM6s, 1 ERLL on the 4, stock)

No one cares about UAC20s for very good reasons, so it won't even beat the Spirit Bear at brawling.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 11 April 2017 - 06:48 AM.

#882 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 April 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

Unless it has 10 hardpoints spread out across the mech or you are running a STD engine, you don't have the crits to run 10 LBX2s.

KDK-3 already does that (and does it better than the Bane ever could), they have been nerfed enough no one cares.

No one cares about UAC20s for very good reasons, so it won't even beat the Spirit Bear at brawling.

It comes with 10 or so cuac2s & 4 MG's as I recall. There's also the 9 missile variant. You may need to get creative but the Bane would be king of dakka & missiles.

Edited by TheArisen, 11 April 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#883 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 April 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

The Bane (Kraken) lacks Endo and FF, it also lacks LAA... it is running a cXL, so yes, it does have to tonnage and crit space to mount 10x LB-2X.... How ever it would need another hard point in the LT to make use of 10 LB-2X's in MWO... as there are 5B per arm and 4B in the RT.... I'd honestly as far as MWO goes, keep the 10 UAC/2's it has stock, drop the MG's for to pack around 5t of ammo then shave a half ton of armour for another DHS or TC Mk.1...

#884 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:03 AM

So, I don't see the Jupiter happening (Jihad era 'Mech).

The Grendel's proper name is the Mongrel

Well actually if you read it's lore that was it's name during Tuk but it was "rechristened" or renamed Grendel. Technically both are correct but in the civil war era it's known as the Grendel

#885 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 11 April 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

The Bane (Kraken) lacks Endo and FF, it also lacks LAA... it is running a cXL, so yes, it does have to tonnage and crit space to mount 10x LB-2X.... How ever it would need another hard point in the LT to make use of 10 LB-2X's in MWO... as there are 5B per arm and 4B in the RT.... I'd honestly as far as MWO goes, keep the 10 UAC/2's it has stock, drop the MG's for to pack around 5t of ammo then shave a half ton of armour for another DHS or TC Mk.1...

The Bane isnt an Omnimech, so its engine type and ES/FF usage are not relevant to this game...

#886 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 11 April 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

The Bane isnt an Omnimech, so its engine type and ES/FF usage are not relevant to this game...

I know that... I was pointing out to Quicksilver that it has the crit space to run 10x LB-2X, provided it has that extra hard point in the LT, other wise it will not be able to get away with it.

#887 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 11 April 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

The Bane (Kraken) lacks Endo and FF, it also lacks LAA... it is running a cXL, so yes, it does have to tonnage and crit space to mount 10x LB-2X....

Even without an LAA, LBX2s are 3 crits, which means a max of 3 per section, and I don't believe it has any hardpoints in one side torso. If it does than that isn't a problem, but I believed it has these hardpoints (LA:5B/RA:5B/LT:4B) which means a max of 9 LBX2s can be mounted.

View PostTheArisen, on 11 April 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

You may need to get creative but the Bane would be king of dakka & missiles.

It wouldn't be king of dakka because of wide hardpoints (and the fact it has more hardpoints than it can realistically use). Between the DWF-UV and KDK-3, we have dakka covered well enough.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 11 April 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#888 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Even without an LAA, LBX2s are 3 crits, which means a max of 3 per section, and I don't believe it has any hardpoints in one side torso. If it does than that isn't a problem, but I believed it has these hardpoints (LA:5B/RA:5B/LT:4B) which means a max of 9 LBX2s can be mounted.

Unless you go to a standard engine (300) with FF and Endo, then you can do 10x LB-2X (3 per arm and 4 in the now empty RT) with 4t of ammo, this leaves you with full armour and 4 crits free.

#889 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

I understand the appeal of the Bane, though I fail to see how you will get enough ammo for all those UAC-2s in MWO. I have the 8x UAC-2 Ultraviolet, and there is no way I would trade five tons of ammo for another barrel.

It would be nice to eventually plug some tonnage gaps/thin areas for both sides. Clans have zero 20-tonners and only one in the 25-ton, 40-ton, 55-ton, 60-ton, 70-ton, 80-ton and 95-ton brackets. IS have single 20-ton, 25-ton and 95-ton chassis and only two 30-tonners, 40-tonners and 85-tonners. With the Uziel bringing the count of their 50-tonners up to 6, they certainly do not need any more of them for the life of the game. 35-tons and 55 tons are also sitting pretty with 5 each.

On the Clan side, getting the Fire Moth, Piranha, Pouncer, Black Lanner, Glass Spider, Nova Cat, Warhammer IIC and Turkina would boost every category to a minimum of two choices. For IS, something like Wasp/Stinger, Mongoose, Valkyrie, Vulcan, Sha Yu, Templar, Nightstar, Sagittaire brings all single/double choice slots up to 2-4. Of course, that is a 16-mech plan that would take two years to deliver assuming you slip in some "others." At least where the above lists intersect with fan favorites there should be a few easy choices.

#890 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 11 April 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

Unless you go to a standard engine (300) with FF and Endo, then you can do 10x LB-2X (3 per arm and 4 in the now empty RT) with 4t of ammo, this leaves you with full armour and 4 crits free.

Which I mentioned Posted Image

Not that it is great given you give up a lot of speed for only 1 more LBX-2, and honestly I doubt it would be better than the UV at that point which can run 8 UAC2s better (because convergence is less of an issue).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 11 April 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#891 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostRekkon, on 11 April 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

On the Clan side, getting the Fire Moth, Piranha, Pouncer, Black Lanner, Glass Spider, Nova Cat, Warhammer IIC and Turkina would boost every category to a minimum of two choices. For IS, something like Wasp/Stinger, Mongoose, Valkyrie, Vulcan, Sha Yu, Templar, Nightstar, Sagittaire brings all single/double choice slots up to 2-4. Of course, that is a 16-mech plan that would take two years to deliver assuming you slip in some "others." At least where the above lists intersect with fan favorites there should be a few easy choices.

Agreed, though I am on the fence regarding the Clan 40-ton option. Now with the new time jump, Pouncer has solid competition in the Arctic Wolf Omni and the Lobo. A firepower oriented 40-ton platform would be a fantastic alternative to the Viper's raw speed - as long as it can comfortably manage 97+ KPH as, combined with CXL, it's just fast enough to survive and be where it needs to be. Any slower and it would be too slow for its weight, IMO. Arctic Wolf Omni just barely misses the speed mark, at ~90 KPH, but still manages 96 with speed tweak, and brings a ludicrous amount of firepower to bare.

Frankly, at this point in time, outside of the Vapor Eagle for a 55 ton option, I would not be too bothered even if they did put in the Black Lanner. It isn't a good mech, but we do have other good mechs already. Especially if they provide us with good "tonnage gap" mechs in the underpopulated zones of the Clan stable.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 April 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#892 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

I still just want a Raptor. They can do whatever they want for everything else, I will be content with the Raptor.

#893 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

actually now that i look at the list im surprised the blood kite isnt there.

There are alot of mechs i'd rather have before it, but it's a pretty scary 85 ton gunboat, its a battlemech, and its begging for an alex iglesias treatment (the old art is a bit of an eye sore).

#894 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 April 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Agreed, though I am on the fence regarding the Clan 40-ton option. Now with the new time jump, Pouncer has solid competition in the Arctic Wolf Omni and the Lobo. A firepower oriented 40-ton platform would be a fantastic alternative to the Viper's raw speed - as long as it can comfortably manage 97+ KPH as, combined with CXL, it's just fast enough to survive and be where it needs to be. Any slower and it would be too slow for its weight, IMO. Arctic Wolf Omni just barely misses the speed mark, at ~90 KPH, but still manages 96 with speed tweak, and brings a ludicrous amount of firepower to bare. Frankly, at this point in time, outside of the Vapor Eagle for a 55 ton option, I would not be too bothered even if they did put in the Black Lanner. It isn't a good mech, but we do have other good mechs already. Especially if they provide us with good "tonnage gap" mechs in the underpopulated zones of the Clan stable.

Ya, generally speaking I am less attached to the exact mechs than I am the idea of shoring up the weak weight slots with different roles. A firepower oriented 40-tonner would be a good counterpoint to the Viper. The Pouncer is a step in that direction, though of course you can go further with other chassis. The Black Lanner goes to the speed end for 55-tonners, which I figured was better diversity than going more firepower since we already have the Stormcrow sitting in the "ideal" niche, and the slower/more firepower end of the medium spectrum is pretty well covered by 50-tonners (Nova/Huntsman/Hunchback IIC). The Black Lanner would basically be the Linebacker of mediums, but it would provide more variety (high speed on the top half of the mediums) and is a fan favorite. We could shore up our heavier medium selection with a speedier (6/9+) 50-tonner too, but the Lanner has more points in its favor overall. Kind of like how the Nova Cat might not be objectively the best heavy to add, but it ticks the check boxes of "still pretty good," "does something different in an underrepresented weight slot" and "well known/fan favorite."

#895 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

I need to apologise, I think I misrepresented the Bane, it uses 10 UAC2s, not LB-2-Xs

Weapons & Equipment/Loc/Heat/Ammo/Crits/Mass
4 Machine Guns/RT/0/100/5/1.5
(Ammo Locations: 1 RT)
5 Ultra AC/2s/RA/5/180/14/29
(Ammo Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT)
5 Ultra AC/2s/LA/5/10/25

TOTALS: 29 Crits. 55.5 Tons of equipment

Edited by Black Lanner, 11 April 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#896 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 11 April 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

I need to apologise, I think I misrepresented the Bane, it uses 10 UAC2s, not LB-2-Xs
[color=#CCCCCC]10[/color] [color=#CCCCCC]29[/color] [color=#CCCCCC]55.5[/color]

Yeah, along with 4 mgs. Btw you should edit your post.

#897 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

Awww, no Snow Fox :'(

#898 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostRekkon, on 11 April 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

I understand the appeal of the Bane, though I fail to see how you will get enough ammo for all those UAC-2s in MWO. I have the 8x UAC-2 Ultraviolet, and there is no way I would trade five tons of ammo for another barrel.

Endo is 5 tons

Just saying
The 9 would be a heat-limiting, but ammo viable loadout
10 would be suicidal, but still easily 7 tons of ammo (4 stock, plus the MGs ripped out)
11 tons of ammo...but heatsinks are the issue at that point. Whale comes with +5, this none (only TrueDubs)

But, 9 UAC2s allows for 5 tons spent elsewhere, such as engine+Heatsinks
He would have a 360 cap, same as the Atlai

#899 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

To many pages to see if these were covered, but what about adding Rakshasa, Gallowglas, Salamander, and Grand Titan.

#900 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 April 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Endo is 5 tons

Just saying
The 9 would be a heat-limiting, but ammo viable loadout
10 would be suicidal, but still easily 7 tons of ammo (4 stock, plus the MGs ripped out)
11 tons of ammo...but heatsinks are the issue at that point. Whale comes with +5, this none (only TrueDubs)

But, 9 UAC2s allows for 5 tons spent elsewhere, such as engine+Heatsinks
He would have a 360 cap, same as the Atlai

Aye, I realized that after posting. I had assumed there would not be space for Endo, but that was before playing around in REMLAB. I run 11.5 tons on the UV, which is usually enough, though I would like more. The 8 tons on my 6x UAC-2 Night Gyr always feels short, even though it is "only" 1.33 tons per gun vs. the UV's 1.43.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users