Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#761 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Oh. That would have been BEAST. Slow it down one movement class, add partial wings and I-JJs?

Of course, there are a number of such questions with the clans.. though most of mine are ... ok... you make an Urbanmech IIC.... and an Orion IIC... but you never made an ATLAS IIC? How does that even make sense?

I'm guessing part of it is the relatively limited combat success the Viper had.. and the apparent hatred most artists have had for trying to draw the dang thing. (me included)

That said, I think I'm going have to do it.

They didn't need to make an Atlas IIC because they had literally every Atlas II that had ever been made in their toumans.

#762 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 31 March 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

They didn't need to make an Atlas IIC because they had literally every Atlas II that had ever been made in their toumans.

which still have zero Clan Tech. And thus, are inferior.

#763 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

That said, I think I'm going have to do it.

I've already done it before, as that is partially why I have a love for 40 tonners, specifically ones the run 8/12.

With Partial Wings, I believe you can pull off an 8/12/8(10) with 6.5 tons free with near max FF and Endo, or something around there.
With iJJs, you have to drop down to a 7/11, but you can get 10 iJJs in there with 7 tons free with near max FF and Endo. I preferred the iJJs just because they feel less like cheating since Partial Wings provide A LOT of benefit for little sacrifice, plus they aren't quite as flexible since different atmospheres play havoc on them.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 31 March 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#764 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 31 March 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I've already done it before, as that is partially why I have a love for 40 tonners, specifically ones the run 8/12.

With Partial Wings, I believe you can pull off an 8/12/8(10) with 6.5 tons free with near max FF and Endo, or something around there.
With iJJs, you have to drop down to a 7/11, but you can get 10 iJJs in there with 7 tons free with near max FF and Endo.

I've been toying with an I-JJ ASN-II, TBH. Hmmmm.

#765 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

I've been toying with an I-JJ ASN-II, TBH. Hmmmm.

Interestingly enough, at least on the Clan side, a 7/11/10 40 tonner has the same free tonnage as a 7/11/10 50 tonner. I choose to stick with 40 tonners since they have a better firepower/durability/BV ratio imo.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 31 March 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#766 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 31 March 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Interestingly enough, at least on the Clan side, a 7/11/10 40 tonner has the same free tonnage as a 7/11/10 50 tonner. I choose to stick with 40 tonners since they have a better firepower/durability/BV ratio imo.

Posted Image

I think this thing needs Partial Wings. And maybe Clan Tech. Maybe I'll have to make a ASN-IIC for the Escorpion Imperio.

#767 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

I think this thing needs Partial Wings. And maybe Clan Tech. Maybe I'll have to make a ASN-IIC for the Escorpion Imperio.

This makes me wish the MWO Assassin didn't have the beak or thunder thighs.

#768 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 31 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

This makes me wish the MWO Assassin didn't have the beak or thunder thighs.

you and me both. Although at least so far neither has seemed to have any play impact. And I do mostly like Alex's design... but I do admit to being an Assassin snob.

#769 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

you and me both. Although at least so far neither has seemed to have any play impact. And I do mostly like Alex's design... but I do admit to being an Assassin snob.

I can't really pick on Alex because he made the Viper look not so terrible. I mean it is still odd but at least it isn't the worst looking mech anymore.

#770 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 31 March 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

If we have the Men Shen, then we will have 1 Posted Image

I'd prefer we get the Raptor or the Haupty, or Sunder, or Avatar, or etc, before the BJ-O.

I am totes down for Raptor before BJ-O. I mean, duh!

#771 Archangel.84

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warhead
  • The Warhead
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

Of course, there are a number of such questions with the clans.. though most of mine are ... ok... you make an Urbanmech IIC.... and an Orion IIC... but you never made an ATLAS IIC? How does that even make sense?

I could be wrong, but wasn't part of it because Nicky the K died in an Atlas II? And as part of the whole cult worship they couldn't dare upgrade/mess with what he'd been driving at death?

IIRC, even the Orion IIC is considered near-sacred and very rare among the Wolves since Protector was Alek's ride, but he died of natural causes; ironic since it's a Battlemech of course.

#772 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostArchangel.84, on 31 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't part of it because Nicky the K died in an Atlas II? And as part of the whole cult worship they couldn't dare upgrade/mess with what he'd been driving at death?

IIRC, even the Orion IIC is considered near-sacred and very rare among the Wolves since Protector was Alek's ride, but he died of natural causes; ironic since it's a Battlemech of course.

The Atlas II Nicholas piloted actually did have Clan-level tech installed. 19 cDHS, Clan Ferro, Clan Case in both STs, Clan ECM and Active Probe, Clan LB-10-X, Clan LRM20 with Artemis, 2x Clan SRM6 with Artemis, 2 Clan Medium Pulse Lasers and 2 Clan ER Large Lasers.

#773 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

What a crap loadout. No wonder he died.

#774 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostNRP, on 31 March 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Wrong. He died in a big brouhaha during a Trial of Absorption between the, at the time, Khans of Clan Wolf and Clan Widowmaker.

The Wolf Khan was winning and a star of Widowmaker mechs decided to try and tip the scales in their favor.

Nicholas tried to step in and put and end to it all when the Widowmaker Khan's Highlander fired and blew the head of Nicholas' Atlas.

The Wolves went wild and killed every Widowmaker mech that was present and absorbed the rest of the Clan.

#775 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostArchangel.84, on 31 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Aleksandr Kerensky drove an Orion. Ye we got an ON1-IIC, so can't say I buy into that.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 31 March 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#776 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostNRP, on 31 March 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

88 damage alpha (50 at long range) for 10 waste heat (no waste heat at LR)? Lol. OK. Might not be great in MWO due to being mixed rnages, but in TT it would have been pretty solid even if the Atlas II is in and of itself one of the worst, most overrated and doofy looking mechs to garner a significant amount of fanbois.

#777 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 31 March 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Wrong. He died in a big brouhaha during a Trial of Absorption between the, at the time, Khans of Clan Wolf and Clan Widowmaker.

I still find that situation all weird, given that the Khan of Clan Widowmaker at that time was the Ghost Bear Khan's brother (not sure whether he was younger or older though).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 31 March 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#778 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

88 damage alpha (50 at long range) for 10 waste heat (no waste heat at LR)? Lol. OK. Might not be great in MWO due to being mixed rnages, but in TT it would have been pretty solid even if the Atlas II is in and of itself one of the worst, most overrated and doofy looking mechs to garner a significant amount of fanbois.

Maybe it's just me but I think it's due to that mini-gun strapped to the right arm.

#779 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 31 March 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Maybe it's just me but I think it's due to that mini-gun strapped to the right arm.

The mini gun which totally makes no sense because it's got a dual purpose shotgun for it's weapon? (and a truly silly take on the Atlas death head?)

I kind of like how it was done with the Atlas III, but just hate the II. And I think it's overrated specswise.

#780 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 March 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

The mini gun which totally makes no sense because it's got a dual purpose shotgun for it's weapon? (and a truly silly take on the Atlas death head?)

I kind of like how it was done with the Atlas III, but just hate the II. And I think it's overrated specswise.

Well it was introduced almost 10 years ago so that probably has something to do with it. If it was introduced more recently it might have looked more like a normal/LBX autocannon instead of a Rotary AC.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users