Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#901 Nidgar

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

The URSUS is missing. clan medium mech.

#902 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Hm, the Marauder II seems to be the second most wanted IS assault Mech (until the next youtube video, I guess... Posted Image ).
I was not much of a fan as I think it is pretty much just a bigger Marauder with the same hardpoints. However, one variant attracted my attention: the MAD-4L. It is hardpoint starved like most of the Marauder IIs, but it has dual gauss in the arms and is protected by ECM.

I am still not voting for it, because overall it is rather unimpressive and its TT-strengths are utterly meaningless in MWO, but it is not the worst thing that could happen.

#903 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 11 April 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Awww, no Snow Fox :'(

noPosted Image

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 13 April 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#904 SmokeyYote

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHunting some Katherine Loyalists in my Zeus.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

Is it to late for a suggestion? Why isn't the Rabid Coyote included? It's in time for the jump forward has ATMs (actually designed around them) and is such gorgeous mech, and quick too.

#905 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostSmokeyYote, on 15 April 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Is it to late for a suggestion? Why isn't the Rabid Coyote included? It's in time for the jump forward has ATMs (actually designed around them) and is such gorgeous mech, and quick too.

Whenever someone suggests a less well known Mech I give a like.
And it actually seems to be alright, even if a bit short on variants. (Not that it would stop PGI).

#906 Jobe01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Grand Titan (Optimus prime!)

Komodo

Hollander

Phoenix Hawk IIC

Boom.

#907 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

Hollander? I just don't get this pick. Maybe some Hollander fans could try the suggested firestarter equivalent build and let us know how it works out?

Clans would survive nostalgic picks, so long as there is a decent light (personal bias) - ideally 20 ton. But IS really look like they could use some more performance mechs before they get new nostalgia (unless its performance & nostalgia).

#908 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 16 April 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Hollander? I just don't get this pick. Maybe some Hollander fans could try the suggested firestarter equivalent build and let us know how it works out?

Clans would survive nostalgic picks, so long as there is a decent light (personal bias) - ideally 20 ton. But IS really look like they could use some more performance mechs before they get new nostalgia (unless its performance & nostalgia).

My understanding is it's either cool to have such a small mech with such a large gun or it's the hilarity of it. I mean, the mech looks absurd and would be the very definition of terribad but /shrug

#909 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 16 April 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

My understanding is it's either cool to have such a small mech with such a large gun or it's the hilarity of it. I mean, the mech looks absurd and would be the very definition of terribad but /shrug

Whilst I'm sure there are players out there that will make it work for them... its just seems like a terrible mech for UP class, for the UP side. :/

#910 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 16 April 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Big guns are cool. I like big guns. Posted Image

It reminds me of a smaller Hunchback (IIC) / Shadow Hawk / Roughneck / Marauder (IIC) - although it will likely be nowhere near as good as those six.

I'm sure I can make it work with a Light Gauss or one of the AC2 / AC5 family.
Pretty sure PGI will invent an energy version for it, since one exists for the other "big gun" 'mechs, including their own Roughneck. Then I can run a variety of PPCs on it, too. Posted Image

#911 Necro Ash

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Don't forget their is always the chance that we'll see a bunch of these later designs announced after the civil war pack drops and balances or tweaked into place.

Stuff like the Arctic Wolf missle boat, Akuma MRM spokesman, Anubis Stealth Mech etc will only appear after the viability of the tech is shown.

If the fanbase hates the implementation of Stealth Armor, would you as a company spend 4 months designing the Anubis, or once it drops in the summer announce the Anubis after a couple weeks for a Christmas window?

#912 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:02 AM

It's funny/interesting/strange how the IS section has mostly gimmic/LOL or nostalgia mechs and the Clan side has mostly meta machines.

#913 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 16 April 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

It's funny/interesting/strange how the IS section has mostly gimmic/LOL or nostalgia mechs and the Clan side has mostly meta machines.

Could have been worse. First generation Clan mechs were intentionally flawed by FASA, with possible exception of the Timber Wolf (which is probably why it became so iconic). Look at the SMN, MDD, and HBR for examples.

Imagine if FASA released the Hellbringer with Endo and Ferro, and gave it no A-Pods as they were redundant due to the machine guns? You'd have enough free tonnage and room for enough DHS to make effective use of both of its ERPPCs and run totally maxed out armor. It would be a terrifying EWAR mech that would be extremely well armored, cooled enough to fire either both its primary weapons (the ERPPCs) and be heat neutral, or its backups in a bracket style setup, and fully capable of handling both mechs and infantry effectively. While having a TComp to boost its accuracy all along the way.

Hellbringer, if given the Timber Wolf "proper outfitting," probably could have been one of the more feared first wave Clan mechs.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 April 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#914 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Honestly sad to see the Marauder II gain so much traction.....hope pgi ignores that and gives a decent 90/95 tonner instead. Next 100 tonner should be the Fafnir...also F*** the Blacklanner...

#915 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostCK16, on 16 April 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Honestly sad to see the Marauder II gain so much traction.....hope pgi ignores that and gives a decent 90/95 tonner instead. Next 100 tonner should be the Fafnir...also F*** the Blacklanner...

In regards to the Black Lanner comment, as I said earlier we cannot fix stupid....

#916 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 16 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

In regards to the Black Lanner comment, as I said earlier we cannot fix stupid....

We can, but the legal system disincentivizes it.

#917 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostCK16, on 16 April 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostMetus regem, on 16 April 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 April 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

We can, but the legal system disincentivizes it.

C'mon guize, don't you want another dead beat mary sue mech that looks like an obese raven?

As I've always said, the masses are dumb a(I think you can fill in the rest here).

#918 scp

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

Can you place the Axman in the list so we can hopefully get melee soon

Edited by scp, 16 April 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#919 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 April 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Could have been worse. First generation Clan mechs were intentionally flawed by FASA, with possible exception of the Timber Wolf (which is probably why it became so iconic). Look at the SMN, MDD, and HBR for examples.

Imagine if FASA released the Hellbringer with Endo and Ferro, and gave it no A-Pods as they were redundant due to the machine guns? You'd have enough free tonnage and room for enough DHS to make effective use of both of its ERPPCs and run totally maxed out armor. It would be a terrifying EWAR mech that would be extremely well armored, cooled enough to fire either both its primary weapons (the ERPPCs) and be heat neutral, or its backups in a bracket style setup, and fully capable of handling both mechs and infantry effectively. While having a TComp to boost its accuracy all along the way.

Hellbringer, if given the Timber Wolf "proper outfitting," probably could have been one of the more feared first wave Clan mechs.

Grand Summoner Omnimech. Its a 32nd Century version of the summoner. Both are 70 tons, but the grand summoner drops the fixed Jump Jets, adds endo-steel, and reshuffles internals to have 30.5 tons of pod space (that is more than the timberwolf). It also has more hard points, if you apply the MWO treatment.

In every way it's a summoner without all the built in design flaws of the mech. If you gave the summoner love in the form of unlocked jump jets alone, never mind endo steel, the thing would become a horror on the field.

#920 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 16 April 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Grand Summoner Omnimech. Its a 32nd Century version of the summoner. Both are 70 tons, but the grand summoner drops the fixed Jump Jets, adds endo-steel, and reshuffles internals to have 30.5 tons of pod space (that is more than the timberwolf). It also has more hard points, if you apply the MWO treatment.

In every way it's a summoner without all the built in design flaws of the mech. If you gave the summoner love in the form of unlocked jump jets alone, never mind endo steel, the thing would become a horror on the field.

The irony abounds with the Summoner, in TT it is a very powerful duelist in the Prime config, it really drives home the short campaign mind set of the Clans in 3050.... How ever in MWO it is punished for being an Omni-mech as well as having the Timber Wolf S available at the same time. That being said, the Grand Summoner is what the Summoner should've been in the first place...

48 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users