Rotary Acs, Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle.

27 replies to this topic

Poll: More variety, for both sides. (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Should they cheat the timeline 2 years to give more variety to the game?

1. Yes (62 votes [67.39%])

Percentage of vote: 67.39%

2. No (30 votes [32.61%])

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

Should clans be getting HAGS with the new update?

1. Yes (63 votes [68.48%])

Percentage of vote: 68.48%

2. No (29 votes [31.52%])

Percentage of vote: 31.52%

Should machinegun arrays be implemented with the new update?

1. Yes (71 votes [77.17%])

Percentage of vote: 77.17%

2. No (21 votes [22.83%])

Percentage of vote: 22.83%

Should Plasma weapons be implemented with the new update?

1. Yes (72 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

2. No (20 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

Jesus this ones old lmao. I forgot it existed.

If were being real, the timeline is a crock of **** in a game with no story, so it doesn't really matter :P

Ammo switching has been something needed for....like 10 million years....a bunch of people have been asking for it forever....i think they are now called mechdads on a frequent basis?
But doing that would require a change to ACS (Burst fire.....)
Which would require new servers, (current servers cant handle above a 0.11ms tick rate or some BS)

Can it be done? Not likely in the sense of equipping different types of ammo.
However, in the sense of a weapon switching between different firing modes, drawing from the same ammo type, yea, sure that's likely very doable.

I've suggested all of this before. Along with "information" doodads in the UI on different equipment pieces to explain game mechanics better.

The verdict was "convoluted" (Holy **** reddit likes that word) and a bunch of people screaming about things being complicated in a complex game.....most mechanics of which can be explained in a single sentence on a little "info" button in the UI :).
However, it takes more than that to explain a concept and its implications in full when suggesting design changes....not that most users will read beyond one sentence that doesn't make sense or that they dislike until stacked up against other factors.

Some dude named tiyos even included a special place for me on some list just because of it ;)

#22 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 02 January 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

If were being real, the timeline is a crock of **** in a game with no story, so it doesn't really matter Posted Image

You aren't wrong.

#23 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 02 January 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

You aren't wrong.
he's not i've seen many inconsitencies so WHERE"S MY WATCHDOG CEWS!?!?

Edited by KursedVixen, 02 January 2019 - 04:38 PM.

#24 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 02 January 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Jesus this ones old lmao. I forgot it existed.

If were being real, the timeline is a crock of **** in a game with no story, so it doesn't really matter Posted Image

Ammo switching has been something needed for....like 10 million years....a bunch of people have been asking for it forever....i think they are now called mechdads on a frequent basis?
But doing that would require a change to ACS (Burst fire.....)
Which would require new servers, (current servers cant handle above a 0.11ms tick rate or some BS)

Can it be done? Not likely in the sense of equipping different types of ammo.
However, in the sense of a weapon switching between different firing modes, drawing from the same ammo type, yea, sure that's likely very doable.

not really you don't need to mess with the burst or the tick rate. it would be as simple as loading your mech with both AC5 shells and LBX 5 shells then adding in a hotkey to swap types. the UI would change to reflect the new weapon and remaining rounds of that type and function as that weapon. so thec-lbx 5 would fire a spread shell like the current lbx 5 and it would fire the standard AC shells in a burst just like the current C-AC5

#25 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

What you've suggested cant be done currently in the engine. It would require the weapon to swap to a completely new weapon, which breaks things, itd require allot of work at the base of the code, which breaks more things, so on and so forth.
Swapping weapon states is potentially possible, since it works with ams (on, off) ecm (disrupt, counter), but even that may not be.

However, adding in weapon state swapping (SHITLOAD, of things doable with this, not just autocannons, ATMS, PPCS, LRMS, LBX, AC, UAC for clan and innersphere) is redundant without a change to base weapon functionality, atleast on normal ACs, as your now merging weapon characteristics.

With clan ACS this is less of a problem. Clan regular ACS already fire burst shot. (except for ac2) Therefore, clan lbx fires spread in state one, fires single slug in state2.

However, with IS acs, IS lbx would again, fire spread shot in state one, fire slug in state 2. This encounters an issue, a merging of characteristics between IS LBX, and is regular ACS, with lbx at lower heat values. Solution? Change IS ACS to also to burst shot.

Problem? Now IS ACS are burst fire, clans need to fire more rounds in order to bridge the IS/Clan balance, is ACS are also weaker than before.
Problem again, server limited in tick rate, therefore ACS become less strong because of drawn out firing times
Problem two, blinding increase, adjustment in particles is now required.
Adjustment to smaller caliber model for acs would also be a good point in this instance.

Solution? Due to increase in drawn out AC firing times for regular autocannons on both sides, increase AC fire rate to compensate.

now weve increased overall dps on regular ACS, added multiple functionality as LBX and set them as the "Single shot" weapon of the auto cannon family.

Problem again. Now acs are doing more overall damage, this may be a good thing, dont know.
This would require more testing and adjustments.

EVERYTHING, is a dominoe effect. So while i think its a good idea to have ammo swapping, its allot more than just "let weapon x switch to ammotype b with button press"

#26 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:02 AM

no you wouldn't change normal ACs you would leave them as is (as they do have different fitting) or outright remove them. I mean we already have the totally useless clan ACs. and no you are not changing the weapon you are just changing the function of the weapon. Now depending on how it is coded they may have to re-write the existing weapons but it would be no more work than simply adding a new one. when a weapon fires it simply spawns an object or several based on what it is being told to spawn. changing the firing modes would just change what object(s) it tells the game to spawn when fired and what ammo variable to change its defined amount.

Edited by Cichol Balor, 05 January 2019 - 01:03 AM.

#27 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:03 AM

You cant have two different weapons behave the same way, it's bad design.

You underestimate the spaghetti code.

It is by no means that simple.

#28 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:00 AM

View PostMechTech Dragoon, on 05 January 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

You cant have two different weapons behave the same way, it's bad design.

you mean like Clan ACs and Clan UACs??? they even have the same weight and size.

as for the spaghetti code that's what I meant by they may not be able to alter the current weapons and may have to replace them with new ones.

if shooting doesn't call a function to spawn the objects associated with the firing they screwed this game up worse than any has thought. if they really wanted to make spaghetti code hey could just hide two weapons on top of each other that are disabled and enabled on a toggle. but changing what projectile is shot is that simple. or do you have a quote from the dev where they do say they were completely incompetent when originally coding because that is more than just a simple build up of a code worked on by many people for many years

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users