Clan Heroes Ii Preorder

175 replies to this topic

#41 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

PTW, is over used. I think the comp round table had more whining in it than this thread.

All those PTW first wave heros are barely ever seen, let alone used in competitive drop decks.

GG forumwarrior failures

#42 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

My concern is that there seems to be a failure to discriminate between "giving options" from giving "superior options."

For example, the Shadow Cat currently has a left torso with ECM that has no real competition of choice. It is too light to take advantage of that 3B left torso outside of a joke build, so there is no real reason NOT to take that ECM. The hero was an opportunity to give a real hard choice for the player. Imagine if they gave it a 1M right torso, instead of 2, and a 1E1M, or 2M, or 2E left torso, but with no ECM?

Suddenly the player has a choice: take ECM for stealth, or take additional firepower. Now that? That is providing real meaningful choice without providing a straight up better option, because now, with the new hero and the existing pods? Now I can build a 4xASRM6 2 ERSLas Shadow Cat that also has ECM. I get the extra firepower and I get the stealth.

I get my cake and eat it, too.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 04 April 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#43 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

ACH-SH "SHARD"

MechWarrior Eva Hordwon: Eva comes from an Asa Taney-Lysa Hordwon sibko. From an early age, she managed to gain her genefather’s attention by challenging him to a personal trial at age 16. Eva then went on to win her Trial of Position by defeating three of her opponents, but Khan Taney assigned her to the Seventh Attack Cluster as a Star Commander. She lost the Trial of Refusal against her genefather, as well as both her legs, but after they were re-grown her performance in a Hankyu was considered exemplary in her Clan. Assigned to saKhan Weiland Cage’s Lithe Kill Keshik as a “surprise” for Khan Ward, Star Commander Eva continued to excel, nearly defeating the Wolf Khan. Much to Asa Taney’s chagrin, Vlad Ward took her as a bondsman. Eva quickly proved herself worthy to be a Wolf Warrior, and serves in the Golden Keshik. She traveled back to Babylon in 3066 to gain her Bloodname.
- TRO 3058

MLX-ED "EBON DRAGOON"

---

WHAT WE SHOULD GET!

Star Captain Eric: An Ice Hellion of the Urgans Bloodline, Star Captain Eric won notoriety for himself during the Hellions’ campaign against the Jade Falcons on Barcella. Leading charge after charge against the heavier and better armed Falcons, he and his Hellions had only maneuverability on their side. They won the battle, but Eric was the only member of his Supernova Binary to survive. He leads the Binary now, which in every battle since has suffered seventy percent casualties or greater.

SHC-MI "MISHIPESHU"

---Lucian Carns - The saKhan of Clan Nova Cat was piloting aShadow Cat]-Prime at the time of his death during the Great Refusal

IFR-RC "RAINBOW CROW"

Does this one really make any sense?

WHAT WE SHOULD GET!

Star Commander Sperling: This Clan Wolf trueborn has a generally average record other than managing to survive the past fifteen tumultuous years in frontline galaxies as a light OmniMech pilot. His favorite drinking story, though, is how he claimed his current Fenris as isorla from a preening Ice Hellion using only a Dasher-Primary

EBJ-EC "ESPRIT DE CORPS"

Star Captain Vuspen Beckett: After spending several years within Epsilon Galaxy, Star Captain Beckett was assigned to serve as a Cloud Cobra ambassador to Clan Blood Spirit on York. There, he has aided Spirit leaders in preparing defenses and devising counter-Adder tactics. Yet the Adders regularly bypass or defeat the measures enacted against them, leading some to believe that the Star Adders have somehow managed to intercept Beckett’s regular reports to his own superiors. Nevertheless, he and his Cauldron-Born are virtually a staple on the bloodiest battlefields of York, though he has yet to fire a shot in anger—the Adders recognize him as a neutral observer and thus an off-limits target.
- TRO 3058 Upgrade

HBR-VI "VIRAGO"

Joanna piloted a Hellbringer....

WHAT WE SHOULD GET (ALSO)!

Star Captain Phadorah: At the helm of a Loki E, Phadorah (reportedly of the Ravenwater Bloodname House) led a Nova of Horses OmniMechs and ProtoMechs in the recent capture of New Caledonia from Clan Wolf. At the peak of the fighting, Phadorah reportedly engaged and defeated two Wolf Clan ’Mechs simultaneously, including that of former Horseman Akira Amirault, Star Colonel of the Wolves’ Thirty-third Wolf Champions. Phadorah’s “reclamation” of Amirault has already put this young and reformed Crusader on the fast track to earning her own Bloodname.

MDD-BA "BANDIT"

Russou Howell(born 3019[1] - died 3079) was the commander of the forces defending the Clan Smoke Jaguar capital of Huntress when Task Force Serpent attacked. Howell would survive the destruction of his Clan, ultimately allying himself with the Bandit Caste and The Society, operating under the name of The Jaguar during the ]Wars of Reaving.

WHAT WE SHOULD GET!

Star Commander Lita: Nearly past her prime in 3063, Star Commander Lita was assigned to work alongside a promising ristar named Star Captain Jake Kabrinski. Thanks to skills and contacts she earned during her early-invasion experiences as a POW in a Rasalhagian camp, Lita was able to uncover the activities of a Hell’s Horses Watch operation on Predlitz and destroyed a Horses supply dump that further weakened their eventual invasion of the planet. She also reportedly assisted Jake Kabrinski in critically wounding the Horses’ then-Khan Malavai Fletcher, and she would go on to serve beside Kabrinski in numerous engagements after the final routing of the Horses. In 3068, however, Lita met her end in the cockpit of her Vulture, once more battling elements of the Hell’s Horses Watch when they raided Rasalhague to capture Jake Kabrinski.

GAR-KW "KIN WOLF"

this works...

EXE-CH "CHERBI"

Star Commander Gorman Bekker: In service to the Golden Keshik for a stunning twenty-two years, Bekker accounted for eighteen Trial victories against fourteen Clans, all over the Gladiator or its production site. Bekker died from a massive brain aneurysm in the middle of his nineteenth Trial against the Smoke Jaguars. Refusing to recognize that a natural malady would claim such a fierce warrior, the Jaguars honored Bekker’s legacy by including a small statue of him at their genetic repository, an unheard of recognition.
-TRO 3050 upgrade

Alright those are all Hero's directly noted in the TRO to the chassis listed SOOO

Edited by CK16, 04 April 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#44 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

Mist Lynx, Shadow Cat and Ice Ferret's new hero omnipods are... yeah, powerful.

But rest of the mechs are just average. Gargoyle and Executioner do not have enough tonnage for missile ammo... so those missile pods are unfortunately pointless.

#45 Stugg

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

You guys misspelled Star Captain "Vuspen Beckett".

#46 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Bit miffed you guys didn't go with the 'Conal' Gargy with an ECM hardpoint, would've really sold me on one of those big guys. Especially since the only thing it's lacking is Light tag which is coming before these guys release anyway. Seems like a missed opportunity guys.

Edited by Jaspbo1, 04 April 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#47 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Sooo exciting......It's making me wet....and another 3 month wait.

Get back to me then.

#48 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

Lolz. Splat HellBringer. Side order of UAC20. Wait, did someone mention ATMs?

Cheers!

#49 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostTKSax, on 04 April 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

This is hugely disapointing, some of these omni pods far superior to thier f2p variants it is sad. This trend need to stop becuase it is completly out of conrtol now.

They're not going to stop. Not unless you'd prefer they shut the servers down and everyone loses out on all their time/money investment with nothing to show for it but memories.

#50 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 04 April 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

They're not going to stop. Not unless you'd prefer they shut the servers down and everyone loses out on all their time/money investment with nothing to show for it but memories.

The shut down will happen eventually at any rate, whether is it now or in 2 years time, same net effect.

#51 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 04 April 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I know it's kind of a bummer but "Artwork does not reflect final loadouts"
We represent the Mechs custom Skin / Pattern on another Variant as best we can
The Mechs will be created and tested then delivered after the Civil War Packs so...
You will also have new tech from the civil war update when these Mechs come into play.
Should be fun times Posted Image

I more excited about a 2 Energy, 1 Ballistic arm vs Civil War Era weapons on the new toys. :-)

#52 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostRampage, on 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Joanna was in a Summoner when she killed Natasha Kerensky with its jump jets.

Oh Snap, you're right! My bad! No jumpy Hellbringer for me then.

Do you guys even understand what pay-to-win means? It means giving people who pay cash an unfair advantage over people who don't. Now which of these new hardpoints will make any of these Mechs dominate over a Kodiak, Night Gyr or Stormcrow, which are all available for C-Bills? None of them. Go play some World of Tanks to learn a thing or two about p2w, or better yet, one of those Korean grind fests, where you have no chance of ever being competitive without spending hundreds of dollars. All that's locked behind a paywall here are some more options to configure their favorite chassis.

Oh no, an Ice Ferret with ECM! Woe is me, whatever shall I do? A quad ballistic Mad Dog! That's it! Meta shifted forever! Either play this 60-tonner of doom or rot in potato-hell!

Get a) a grip, and b) out of here!

Edited by Frechdachs, 04 April 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#53 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostAmro One, on 04 April 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

PTW, is over used. I think the comp round table had more whining in it than this thread.

All those PTW first wave heros are barely ever seen, let alone used in competitive drop decks.

GG forumwarrior failures

It's bad for the game
It was bad when the Dragon Slayer and Ember were the best mechs in the game

This shouldn't be as bad as that.
That doesn't mean it's positive for the game. It's a CashGrab from PGI

Yet another one.
Without proper balance, or balance measures (such as no-bonus mechs with equivalent options).

Tell me, if a robot can have more weapons than another, but you can only get those extra weapons if you pay $$...what do you call that?

GGclose

#54 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 April 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Really not liking the continual P2W Hero chassis'
Whether it's more guns in the same omnipod, or outright new guns where there weren't any before
If they had decent alternatives, this would just be a Side-grade, but in many of these cases, they're outright upgrades

It's really closing my wallet for good.

If you released alternatives (without a Cbill bonus) for Cbills, you would eliminate that concern
As is stands, all these grabdeals leave a sour taste in my mouth.

i feel the only ones that are a bit questionable would be the ice ferret, the shadow cat, and maybe the mist lynx.

i'd have preferred the shadow cat's 2 missile hardpoints to be the left torso rather than the right, but i don't think it or the ice ferret are going to be anything game-breaking. i think the mist lynx is justifiable since it could really use some extra hardpoints, but it's unfortunate that it's behind a paywall. hopefully we'll get some new cbill omnipods for it at some point.

#55 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostRampage, on 04 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I agree. I am glad that they picked Joanna as the pilot but where did the Virago name come from? TER was the Hellbringer she piloted and almost dies in when Kai Allard buried the Falcon Guard at the Gash. Did I miss a story that involved Virago?

Yes, Joanna named it for him. Hard to say whether she hated him and the Mech or respected them.

Joanna was in a Summoner when she killed Natasha Kerensky with its jump jets.

Close. "Ter" was the Hellbringer she piloted on Glory when she ran into Jorge/Aidan again. She says in 'Bloodname' that she never names her 'Mechs because she finds it silly but since she hated the Hellbringer so much she named it Ter after the Falconer Commander (Ter Roshak) that ruined her life.

Whether that was also the one that she was pulled out of on Twycross, I do not know. And I have no clue where PGI got Virago because there is a good chance she would not have named another 'Mech -- see above -- and after "Ter" she mostly piloted Mad Dogs. Except...

When she killed Natasha Kerensky. You are correct that in that battle, again on Twycross, she was piloting a Summoner when she cooked Kerensky with her jump jets.

Edited by R79TCom1 Night Lanner, 04 April 2017 - 09:37 PM.

#56 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:39 PM

August release, 4 months away, glad I don't have a terminal illness.

#57 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

An Ice Ferret with ECM? Always liked the look of them, but never bought one since they seem dead in the water without the ECM. This'll change that. Me buying them, I mean.

#58 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN, on 04 April 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

August release, 4 months away, glad I don't have a terminal illness.

The amount of lurm boats you use says otherwise.

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

I'm not buying any of these or the IS heros until they implement the skill tree. Individual hero's, especially for mech chassis I don't own any of, do not interest me under the existing skill system.

#60 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Couldn't wait to find out what the Shadow Cat hero would bring, but I gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed. I had hoped for omnipods that came with multiple energy hardpoints, to make other builds more viable for it. Unfortunately, a single energy left arm is nothing new, but we can have 3 energy max from all changable parts plus the ballistic in the right arm and one extra missile in the right torso for the SRM brawlers out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users