175 replies to this topic

#61 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Ah, so many tears. IS ACs are still better, so just bring more ACs. And so what if someone pays to get new hardpoints for a few months before everyone else, the stats get reset regularly anyway.

#62 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostStumbleBee, on 04 April 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

The EBJ and MDD ballistic torso mounts scream P2W. Who approved these?

"maybe" P2W compared to other EBJ and MDD. Compared to Night Gyr P2L

View PostAmro One, on 04 April 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

All those PTW first wave heros are barely ever seen, let alone used in competitive drop decks.

GG forumwarrior failures

I see 1st wave heroes every day.
I'm 99% sure that every relevant competitive league has banned heromechs so that might be the reason why you don't see them in competitive drop decks.

View PostMcgral18, on 04 April 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Tell me, if a robot can have more weapons than another, but you can only get those extra weapons if you pay $$...what do you call that?

GGclose

What if there are equally good or better mechs out there available with CB right now?

#63 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

i'm actually really sad that PGI made the Ebon Jaguar Hero a Clan Cloud Cobra personality...
the Ebon Jaguar is pretty much the Totem mech for Clan Smoke Jaguar in this game!
couldnt they have used a Smoke Jag personality like Hang Mehta?

and yes also PGI please correct the Gorman Bekker thing.. should be Ghost Bear....

Edited by Dungeon 206, 04 April 2017 - 11:54 PM.

#64 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:10 AM

My wallet is still closed....
Until the paywalls are removed on omnipods, my remaining 1500$ of MWO budget shall not be spent.

Going on 3 years of this policy (minus a slip up buying the HNM hero).

PGI, if you want customers like me to spend again, stop pay-walling ****.

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme Wallace, 05 April 2017 - 12:11 AM.

#65 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Oh my god I want that Ice Ferret with the ECM so bad! Mmmmm

Like the poster some posts above me said .... this is power creep. This is also why I really want that IF with the ECM too that would make the chassis sooooo damn fun to play!

Damn you PGI! Make something I want like this.... :P

Edited by HGAK47, 05 April 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#66 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 April 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ah, so many tears. IS ACs are still better, so just bring more ACs. And so what if someone pays to get new hardpoints for a few months before everyone else, the stats get reset regularly anyway.

A player that has the bollocks not to whine? And a Spheroid at that? I must be on a wrong forum... (checks previous posts) Nope, this is the right one.

Oh noes, beware the 120 kph Mist Lynx of doom! And the ECM Ice-Ice-Ferret is so superior to our own PXH-2 (with jump jets)! And how dare these pesky heavies stand comparison to our Riflemans (Riflemen?), Campermechs and Black Knights? And the assaults! How dare they even come close to our own CP-10-Q in the number of missile hardpoints? This game is doomed!

This community (at least the couple percent of it that post on the forums) seems to have adopted a culture of whine. The Clan whine in the tech level advance topic was repulsive enough (there, I said it). There were objective arguments on both sides in both of these topics, and I did my best to provide mine and remain unbiased, but otherwise the level of salt is over 9000, so much so that the whine appears to be its own goal. Playing since open beta taught me that this game will never have a "win" button. Apparently the learning process is painful for more people than adult society would tolerate.

#67 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

ECM for $$$ only?

Unique pods for $$$ only?

Smells like PAY-TO-WIN!

---

Thank you for the heros anyway, they look great!

#68 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:39 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 05 April 2017 - 01:05 AM, said:

sure, 6x srm with artemis is valid, but i think you are over-exaggerating. The executioner lacks in free tonnage and pod space to truly excel at what you propose, and in addition to that, still suffers from the not very favorable hitboxes. sure, it will be a good glass cannon assault brawler; but there are yet better brawlers, and i doubt it will be anything like the game changer.

Does it now?

6x cSRM6a + 6x cERSL: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...521ff8d59cbf543

6x cSRM6a + plenty extra DHS and ammo http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba6f2713d12b43a

4x cSRM6a + 6x cSPL http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fb26a99de25a38c

Compare those to this MDD, which is one of the best brawlers in the game, and destroys almost anything in 1v1 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...99aa4aad52c0b4d

The EXE gets huge shield arms for twisting damage. It's let down as a brawler by its hardpoints not being very good for its tonnage. The missile omnipods fix that problem. It's a potentially a very big deal. My solace is in the fact that MRBC and other leagues are starting to ban heroes, so at least we don't need to buy into these paywalls to stay competitive. Hopefully CWX 1v1 and others follow suit.

#69 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostGrand Mecha Wizard Zelthar, on 04 April 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

MFW the Mad Dog hero doesn't have CT chin turret...

https://m.popkey.co/ab2064/8M1J0.gif

View PostDaemon04, on 04 April 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

yay for the hero maddog but where are the ct ballistics? i want mah machine guns like in the mw4 vengeance intro. Posted Image
may i add that i am displeased with the very name of the maddog, too. bandit!? come on.

Also waited for this to happen or atleast in hero mad dog, or maybe all the mech line improvements, if we're now junping in the timeline to the Civil War. While current maddog even have 2 empty slots in CT, just for some small/medpulses,...and make them moveable and synchronised with the arms crosshair Posted Image, even if not moveable - what a waste not to use that potential.Posted Image
But in MW4 there were neutral slots, not for some specific kind of weapon, and in that trailer and custom loadouts - there are 2 medpulses mounted in there.

#70 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:11 AM

I'm not saying it will be bad, just not as godly as was described, and yes it opens a new playstyle to the executioner, and yes, it will be a better splatler than the maddog - should it ever get in range. Does that mean the maddog is no longer valid? I doubt it. Does it also mean other assaults are invalid brawlers? I doubt it. Will other brawlers face a hard time against an Exe? Sure, and they already do with pretty valid laser builds. Nonetheless, I think it's annoying that new playstyles on niche mechs are introduced behind a paywall.

#71 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

More powercreep, more paywalls, mistakes in lore. You can do better than this PGI.

And let us buy Hero omnipods after all. At least for the owned hero mechs. You know how annoying it is this to swap HMN-PA or NTG-JK torsos every time?

Or just let us buy any Hero omnipods. That's business so C-Bill might not be an option, but even buying them for MC will be okay. E.g. I don't need third EXE with C-Bill bonus, but' I'll gladly grab those 2M torsos. Buying the whole mech just for a sidegrade build is a bad investment anyway.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 05 April 2017 - 03:15 AM.

#72 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

Lurms are not terminal they are an ADDICTION, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, I can hear the sea.
Oh wait I'm insane, I forgot.
LOL'z

But 4 months, wow, wait times are reducing so i'll shut up now.

Edited by KHAN ATTAKHAN, 05 April 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#73 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

Am I the only one that feels Tha PGI is damned if they do, damn if they don't here? Because of the way the omni system works? If they release a hero with a omni pod not available in game or lore it is auto deemed pay to win....if the release one with basic omni pods it is thrown into the lot of useless because it isn't "meta" or brings nothing new.....Like honestly guys what do you expect PGI do to! Part of a hero is that it should have some unique hardpoints, this s from the get go of most hero mechs! I am not try to white Knight here...But come on folks the whole PGI witch hunt is getting old...every freaking to time a new mech or hero is released OMG power creep PTW! And no one suggests and alternative to how to correct the loadouts or something! (No the silly "less mechs, more X" is not a solution)

#74 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

Oh nice, Clan heroes!

Time to look at them.

Wow, that Ebon Jaguar has a disgusting paint job, I wonder what smoke jag would..

Affiliation: Clan Cloud Cobra

Yeah, I am seriously disappointed in you PGI :(

#75 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostCK16, on 04 April 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

IFR-RC "RAINBOW CROW"

I was expecting the Peter Wolf's Ice Ferret...
Posted Image

#76 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

I really don't see a lot pay-to-win options here. These are a lot make-a-average-chassis-a-bit-better options.

Oh, and if anyone want's a round of cbills-to-win get a Marauder IIC, now!

#77 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

Ahhhhh, Clan Heroes again ... my wallet groans bigtime .

And by the way ... What in the name of everything that is stompy made you guys name Joanna´s Mech anything BUT "Ter" ?
Please change that, that is such a horrenduous and glaring oversight ... ewwwwwwwwww !

#78 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Clearly the Executioner Hero should be Clan Ghost Bear Posted Image

RAM
ELH

#79 SpookyFish

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

View PostFrechdachs, on 04 April 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Oh Snap, you're right! My bad! No jumpy Hellbringer for me then.

Do you guys even understand what pay-to-win means? It means giving people who pay cash an unfair advantage over people who don't. Now which of these new hardpoints will make any of these Mechs dominate over a Kodiak, Night Gyr or Stormcrow, which are all available for C-Bills? None of them. Go play some World of Tanks to learn a thing or two about p2w, or better yet, one of those Korean grind fests, where you have no chance of ever being competitive without spending hundreds of dollars. All that's locked behind a paywall here are some more options to configure their favorite chassis.

Oh no, an Ice Ferret with ECM! Woe is me, whatever shall I do? A quad ballistic Mad Dog! That's it! Meta shifted forever! Either play this 60-tonner of doom or rot in potato-hell!

Get a) a grip, and B) out of here!

This right here. Seriously, has anyone complaining about P2W ever ACTUALLY played a game that was P2W? Never have I entered a match in MWO and thought "oh no they have mech x on the other team, I LITERALLY cannot win this match" or come up against an enemy mech and thought "there is literally no way for me to destroy this mech because I didn't spend $x.xx to get the OP pay features."

PGI does a great job with these releases. That MDD looks awesome (shame about the art though)

#80 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:07 AM

Clan Wave II and III need to stay on sale a little longer. I need to upgrade my Wave III to the Shadow Cat and Ebon Jaguar but not until middle of the week or so next week.

5 days is not enough time.

Edited by Ngamok, 05 April 2017 - 06:08 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users