#101 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostJaybles, on 25 April 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

Wait, you are back to claiming it was a player idea presented at a round table? Didn't we just go through this? Evidence please? I'll happily re-post mine if you'd like?

wow you seriously don't watch them at all.

time-mark is about 15:21, go a little before because I don't know exactly where it begins. This will be one of the few times I go out of my way. Presented by shimmering Sword. the concept of Tug of war, which was discussed at the pre-meeting as well.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 25 April 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#102 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 25 April 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

time-mark is about 15:21, go a little before because I don't know exactly where it begins. This will be one of the few times I go out of my way. Presented by shimmering Sword. the concept of Tug of war, which was discussed at the pre-meeting as well.

So...

1. Where does this include mass QP?
2. Where does this describe Siege never coming about?
3. See how it has Planet Victory much more achievable? Why isn't it like that currently?

End of the day it's exactly as I said:

What we ended up with was NOT what was discussed.

You just provided evidence that backs me up, and dismisses what you're claiming. Unbelievable.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 25 April 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#103 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 25 April 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

My mistake, I thought you were talking about QP modes being a part of FP. The tug of war would be fine, if it was all siege maps Posted Image. As I recall the tug of war was discussed as a way to improve on the pie system, not as a way to implement QP game modes. But I digress, yes Clams OP, but not as OP as made out to be and 300 tons helps to negate that.

#104 Spectralfx

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:37 PM

A lot of clanners just don't want to accept the following fact:

On equal tactical terms, Clan comes on top defacto.

Why? Clan OP?

Not really, Clan is simply and bluntly put: better suited for mid-long ranged fights.

Oh and what do we happen to get in FP? How are those map designed? Small arenas with a lot of CQC fights or ...

yeah, that's what I thought.

I can't wait for the tech / timeline advancement we will get in the future. What the Inner sphere really lacks to stand a fighting chance is the ability to trade at range with the clanners.

The problem is that with turrets and lots of walking before getting to the enemy, IS do not stand a real fighting chance ... unless the clanners messes up somehow. Coordination is the thing, but one can't deny that if the Tigers from WWII could kill so many Shermans before going down ... it was mainly because of the range on its weapons.

That's how it is here in Mwo, if you get to shoot the guy while he can't shoot you back ... or is forced to take an IS XL engine just to get in range within reasonable time ... you clearly have a somewhat "unfair" advantage and it as nothing to do with the quality of the players you are facing.

Still, I will not ditch the IS any time soon or call anyone a cheater. Lets just be serious and all admit that things cannot stay like this for long before FP dies out.

I know for a fact that I can't get my friend into this mode because they can't stand the blatant advantage the enemy has over us... since I am not a Russian commissar and they are my friend ... its not like I could shoot one (or a few) of them to scare the others into getting into the meat grinder so that we can get in CQC and then stand a chance from there on... we all, individually seek our part of the glory in this game, none can deny that.

#105 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

So sorry but I'm 3 weeks to a month into IS side. To me, is mechs live longer, can push harder, and run cooler. Maybe it's the quality of teammates I have that make the difference, but I feel that if your not tailoring your decks to the map then that's probably your number one problem as a player is side. I would guess my IS mechs live a minimum 20 percent longer than my clan mechs and are just as capable and in some cases more capeable of putting out damage. And frankly I don't care what they do in competitive lol, they are playing 8 man organized quick play which isn't even in the game anymore

#106 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 26 April 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

So sorry but I'm 3 weeks to a month into IS side. To me, is mechs live longer, can push harder, and run cooler. Maybe it's the quality of teammates I have that make the difference, but I feel that if your not tailoring your decks to the map then that's probably your number one problem as a player is side. I would guess my IS mechs live a minimum 20 percent longer than my clan mechs and are just as capable and in some cases more capeable of putting out damage. And frankly I don't care what they do in competitive lol, they are playing 8 man organized quick play which isn't even in the game anymore

You're just playing against more pugs. I've been playing organized teams of 6+ 2 out of 3 matches.

If you're not dominating as Clans you're not bringing enough MAD IIC. When in doubt, bring more Scorch.

Linebackers too. A bit of a sleeper hit for FW. However on Polar the ability to get a 65 tonnes 2/3 across Polar before the enemy is 1 grid from their dropzone.... yeah, good clean family fun.

#107 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

I can't agree with this simply based on the maps currently in rotation. Way too much cover and corridors to realy exploit clan range advantage. And all IS needs to do to counter ppc soap is bring Oxides and Pirates bains to skirmish the link and move in (useing abundant said cover) to wreck face. Gg

Or bring quirked erll mechs and have the same range..

#108 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Not enough range?

Polar - 1200m+
Alpine - 1500m+
Frozen City - 1100m+
River City - 600m+
Tourmaline - 1000m+
Caustic - 500m+

Those are the average ranges you can fight at if you pay attention to the map, terrain and positioning. If the enemy is coming into close range - have a guess what I'm going to say?

Shoot then MOVE. Keep shooting while moving as you generally have the speed advantage. Stand and let the enemy close on you, you deserve to get stomped.

#109 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 April 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Technologically, Clan is op over IS.

But coordination is more OP.

This.

#110 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostGrus, on 26 April 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

I can't agree with this simply based on the maps currently in rotation. Way too much cover and corridors to realy exploit clan range advantage. And all IS needs to do to counter ppc soap is bring Oxides and Pirates bains to skirmish the link and move in (useing abundant said cover) to wreck face. Gg

Or bring quirked erll mechs and have the same range..

Me and a couple of guys from my unit ended up in PUG drops with some guys from your unit (Arc7..right?) last night on Polar. I think the IS guys on the other side would totally disagree with your assessment. Those poor IS pilots were trying to find holes to hide in after wave 1 , as their was so much c-erlarge spam. First wave we just mowed them down as they tried to close the distance. You can ask your guys about it... both were slaughters.

Some maps are so open that Clans just have an undeniable edge in range...IS can counter and win but they need to bring the right builds and coordinate really well to have a shot. If one can't find that edge you are doing Clan long range direct-fire weapons wrong.

#111 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 April 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

You're just playing against more pugs. I've been playing organized teams of 6+ 2 out of 3 matches.

If you're not dominating as Clans you're not bringing enough MAD IIC. When in doubt, bring more Scorch.

Linebackers too. A bit of a sleeper hit for FW. However on Polar the ability to get a 65 tonnes 2/3 across Polar before the enemy is 1 grid from their dropzone.... yeah, good clean family fun.

His play has gone downhill since he left BnB - he is working on his forum-fu to make up the difference.

*edit* felt good getting back into easy mode clan mechs last night. Thankfully most mercs are still IS, got a 50/50 group/pug fight ratio yesterday.

Edited by Lovas, 26 April 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#112 Spectralfx

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Clan have more range.

They therefore get more free damage on EQUAL tactical ground.

I can't wait the day that my little ER-L raven will be quirked to the point of being the new Anti-clan meta, but we all know its not gonna happen because that would be ridiculous and beyond stupid.

In the end of the day, all IS lacks is what we call ... options... for engagements beyond 600m.

End of story.

#113 Doughbag

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Is your secondary account a lower tier.....like 5 or brand new?

Well, then you just fought newbies.....kudos to you for out-skilling noobs.

#114 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

I wouldn't say Clans are OP, just stronger. In a match between completely equal teams the Clans will win more, but I doubt it would be a shutout. Moreover, no match ever features completely equal teams. Appropriate builds, comms, and smart play are by far the biggest deciding factors in most matches, not tech.

#115 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostLovas, on 26 April 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

His play has gone downhill since he left BnB - he is working on his forum-fu to make up the difference.

*edit* felt good getting back into easy mode clan mechs last night. Thankfully most mercs are still IS, got a 50/50 group/pug fight ratio yesterday.

O there is no question at all playing IS side has brought my total damage down. But then Is mechs don't need to do as much damage to kill clan mechs. I could switch into my clan mechs right now and pull 1500 plus and 6-8 kills consistently but I'm having too much fun smoking clanners in IS mechs right now.

#116 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

View PostJaybles, on 25 April 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

My mistake, I thought you were talking about QP modes being a part of FP. The tug of war would be fine, if it was all siege maps Posted Image. As I recall the tug of war was discussed as a way to improve on the pie system, not as a way to implement QP game modes. But I digress, yes Clams OP, but not as OP as made out to be and 300 tons helps to negate that.

yea sorry for seeming a bit snide on my part.

#117 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

View PostSpectralfx, on 26 April 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Clan have more range.

They therefore get more free damage on EQUAL tactical ground.

I can't wait the day that my little ER-L raven will be quirked to the point of being the new Anti-clan meta, but we all know its not gonna happen because that would be ridiculous and beyond stupid.

In the end of the day, all IS lacks is what we call ... options... for engagements beyond 600m.

End of story.

And let all those fine energy quirks go to waste ?
But why, sairr ?
I like my 5ERLL Grasshopperer, and that with ppl knowing that I am a very vocal supporter of "ERPPC´s everywhere" :)
By the way ... y u no use ERPPC on IS side ?

#118 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostTorchfire Katayama, on 20 April 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yeah I'm a Clanner, but that doesn't invalidate my point of view. I've always admired the Clan structure and ideals. For me choosing a tech base and a faction is more about the aesthetics and ideals. I don't like what the Inner Sphere represent or their history.

Every time I hear this I'm reminded of what he said:

Adult Hipster said:

If I wanted a pointlessly idealised character I'd go play an elf! They're smart, strong, beautiful they nail each other all the time and the only reason we mere mortals can beat them is that they're too honourable for this pitiful world! I've seen deeper character concepts in late-70s Greyhawk modules.

#119 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

Clans are not idealized. They're sociopathic fascist slavers. That they pretend slavery is a real boon and that their slaves are all better off as slaves isn't a new approach to justifying slavery. They're about as monstrous a society as anything in human history - pick an of the really horrible governments and cultures in history, they all talk about honor while murdering and enslaving people and answering any complaint with genocide.

IS ain't perfect but the Clans are the exact opposite of what Aleksander Kerensky wanted to create. They are exactly what the ideals of the Star League were created to fight and prevent. That's what makes them good villains. They want to pretend they're the good guys but in truth they are worse villains than anyone but Won turned out to be - and not by much.

#120 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostGrus, on 25 April 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

says the guy that got carried to teir 1

his toxic posts says otherwise. Just another troll in my eyes

Carl didn't get carried to tier 1, he grinded his way there by himself, mostly in solo queue, and you can see a general upward trend in both his W/L, K/D and Match score over 10 seasons. He plays in Oceanic timezone for the most part, and the bulk of AW0L play during NA primetime. Only time he plays group with AW0L is usually 1-2 nights on a weekend.

Also, Grus, I have noticed that you've also continued to improve based on your stats. I remember reading a thread you posts months back about what you might be doing wrong etc, and getting advice, keep it up!.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 25 April 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Well, a lot of people earned teir 1 that way.

Coming from someone who is not in his friends circle, no he's not a good bloke. People who troll on the internet are not usually associated with being a good person away from the keyboard.

Carl calls people out for their bs, doesn't mean he's not a good bloke.

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 26 April 2017 - 03:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users