Module Refund Poll

77 replies to this topic

Poll: GSP "Refund" vs C-Bill Refund (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer?

1. GSP as presented (51 votes [20.56%])

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

2. Full C-Bill refund as previously stated (131 votes [52.82%])

Percentage of vote: 52.82%

3. Combination C-Bills/GSP (54 votes [21.77%])

Percentage of vote: 21.77%

4. Other(provide idea below) (12 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

For those of us who have spent hundreds of millions of C-Bills on Modules, what are your preferences?

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

For other
Give us gsp for our mechs but if we have more gsp than we need to fully node each mech we own give us cbills.

A lot of us really dont need 50+ mechs worth of extra gsp.

#3 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

If people keep pushing for the full cbill refund on modules we are going to be stuck with modules for another year and end up with no skill tree.

PGI has plainly stated they aren't going to hand out a billion cbills and I think this is why the first skill tree never went live.

GSP is a pretty good idea in that modules just increase mech power and thats what the new skill tree does exactly.

#4 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostJikil, on 26 April 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

GSP is a pretty good idea in that modules just increase mech power and thats what the new skill tree does exactly.

Then why the redesign to just do the same thing and just take away all those hours i spent playing to buy the moduals i wanted for my mechs.

this is how i imagine the skill tree what pitched. our game does this so lets do this but not change what our game does and take away things the players have to give them this stuff instead and say it fair.

#5 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 April 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

For other
Give us gsp for our mechs but if we have more gsp than we need to fully node each mech we own give us cbills.

A lot of us really dont need 50+ mechs worth of extra gsp.

50?!?!!? Try upwards of 300+ mechs worth of gsp. Ugh

#6 Naaaaak

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Full C-Bill refund as previously stated. Only. We paid C-Bills, let's get them back. Not stupid unlock "tokens".

I do not believe that anyone who votes otherwise is:
  • human
  • does not work for PGI
  • not some tier 5 pub trash without any modules

No one would have agreed to GSP "tokens" as compensation for modules if that were the way it were originally pitched. This is a bait and switch and I do not accept it.

Edited by Naaaaak, 26 April 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 26 April 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

50?!?!!? Try upwards of 300+ mechs worth of gsp. Ugh

i have 190 worth but around 50+ is extra. Do you really have 300+ worth of extra gsp? thats crazy
Really at that point would you even have anything to spend all the cbills on ? lol Sounds like you won the game to me :P

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 April 2017 - 10:07 PM.

#8 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

View PostNaaaaak, on 26 April 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

Full C-Bill refund as previously stated. Only. We paid C-Bills, let's get them back. Not stupid unlock "tokens".

• human
  • does not work for PGI
No one would have agreed to GSP "tokens" as compensation for modules if that were the way it were originally pitched. This is a bait and switch and I do not accept it.

I'm human (last time I checked), don't work at PGI and I've also been playing since this thing was in closed beta. I've got hundreds of modules and mechs and I don't agree with you.

However, you are entitled to your opinion so by all means, keep on generalising.

#9 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

I've got 160 mechs worth of GSP coming to me. I've been playing for less than a year and a half.

#10 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

• human
  • does not work for PGI

I prefer gsp over cbills. It's easy enough to make cbills but grinding exp sucks.

I'm human, not employed by pgi, and tier 2 with a dozen modules or so.

#11 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

• human
  • does not work for PGI

So you just throw out ad hominems out on anyone that doesn't think injecting a ludicrous amount of cbills into certain player accounts is a good idea?

The refund is extremely generous in terms of what you get. Not only do you get a bunch of free MC for those event consumables but in some cases you'll have enough skill points to master out any mech you could ever want.

Even better you get 91 skill points on every mech mastered so unless you just collect mechs but don't play them you can kit out most of them immediately and have GSP to spare.

I really don't understand all the hate this is getting. Sure the skill tree needs some organizational work but overall its a good start and the incentives provided to current players are pretty damn good.

#12 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

It's the GSP to spare that I have a problem with. I can't spend all of my GSP, I'll never have to grind a mech(which seems nice, but leads to boredom).

#13 King Chimera

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

While I can live with just getting the GXP back, I would really like to get the c-bills that I spent on them as well. It only makes sense to get both back since you spent both XP and c-bills to get it in the first place.

#14 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:48 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 April 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

i have 190 worth but around 50+ is extra. Do you really have 300+ worth of extra gsp? that's crazy
Really at that point would you even have anything to spend all the cbills on? lol Sounds like you won the game to me Posted Image

240 extra ... you get 91 SP anyway for your mastered mechs plus some already have millions of XP on them. I will never again have to pay one single C-Bill for skilling new mechs.
But ... new tech, new expenses ...
so I'm kinda torn, on the one hand, I'm happy with the refund, but on the other, I'd take the c-bills.
One lets me skill free and save all my cash and the other lets me buy all the stuff I want...
Give or take, it probably doesn't make that much a difference.
HOOOORAY FOR NOT BEING A CHEAPSKATE!

#15 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Assuming fully unlocking 242 nodes i get 183 mechs to unlock ON TOP of those i already have. I will never be able to spend that many gsp in my whole lifetime (or the game's)

#16 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

To refund the modules as skill points is not fair. I know several pilots that have a lot more mechs than I do because they didn't buy modules. PGI has promised that these pilots will be able to fully master their mastered mechs and I should be able to do the same without module refunds, since my mechs are all currently mastered. If I had known the modules were going away I could have purchased mechs with those CBills instead of modules. If another player has earned the same amount of CBills as I have in our respective careers, and that pilot has 100 more mechs than me, and all of our mechs are mastered, how is that fair? PGI will be taking something from some players and not others. Either force players that didn't buy modules to do additional grinding on their mechs or refund the purchase price of the modules. That is the only fair approach I can see. I didn't wreck your economy, PGI; you did.

Edited by Myc, 27 April 2017 - 01:06 AM.

#17 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

Slider or radio group - let the player decide -

or - drop GSPs and XP and any other currency and replace them with C-Bills and C-Bills only
(not my idea but it is the best possible that will please everyone)

#18 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

• human
  • does not work for PGI

As far as I'm concerned anyone who votes other than GSP refund is:
  • whiny
  • entitled
  • brat
You've got plenty of time to sell modules for a 50% refund - 100% is taking the ****

#19 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Have an option for each account to select what they want?!?!?! Is that so hard?!?!?! But C-Bills. I didnt buy modules with GSP. All my mechs are mastered. Mastering your mechs lets you learn how to play and build them. Spend time playing the game, isnt that what pgi wants?

#20 Dibster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

Other: Provide the refund as GSP, but let us sell GSP for the appropriate amount of CBills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users