Module Refund Poll

77 replies to this topic

Poll: GSP "Refund" vs C-Bill Refund (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer?

1. GSP as presented (51 votes [20.56%])

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

2. Full C-Bill refund as previously stated (131 votes [52.82%])

Percentage of vote: 52.82%

3. Combination C-Bills/GSP (54 votes [21.77%])

Percentage of vote: 21.77%

4. Other(provide idea below) (12 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Star Lord

• Pip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

Paid a lot of money to get almost every Clan mech available. I have put in a tremendous amount of time playing this game and thus furthering this game over the past year and a half. I have most of my mechs mastered out and do not need a ton of Skill tokens. I do think we should get to decide if we want GXP or C-Bills so instead of just ruling one way or the other, let the players who have put in the time decide what to do with thier money. I most likely will purchase up a large number of IS mechs because I will have the money to do so.

But considering I spent over $1000 on this game purchasing those Clan mechs, it would be a kindness to reward me with CBills.

It would be a strike to the face if PGI decided to pay me back and the massive amount of money I have spent on this game by saying, "here are some useless tokens and a fraction of the C-Bills you earned over the past year on modules."

#42 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostJikil, on 26 April 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

If people keep pushing for the full cbill refund on modules we are going to be stuck with modules for another year and end up with no skill tree.

PGI has plainly stated they aren't going to hand out a billion cbills and I think this is why the first skill tree never went live.

GSP is a pretty good idea in that modules just increase mech power and thats what the new skill tree does exactly.

They are not "handing out" cbills. We earned these cbills and spent them on items that they are removing from the game. We now have no cbills and no module. Or rather, a fraction of the cbills and no modules. Some people buy cbills with cash. There are cbill packages for cash lets not forget. These people will have now spent money in items that are being taken away and being given back pennies on the dollar.

These Cbills were earned or purchased via cash. Its fundamentally wrong to not give them back.

#43 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'm rather happy with the current system. I can re-Master all my Mechs and I have nodes left over to Master new ones. I won't have to grind levels anymore for a long time!

#44 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Voted for the combo option.

I'm a scrub player from last September that went 'cheapskate' with single modules and a lot of swapping. On the PTS, I'm getting back enough GSP to fill out 12 new mechs if I want, which is great. For me, what they had in mind is a good deal (math on value CBills / Exp) and I want to keep it. I do NOT want to lose it.

What I would like to see is a 5 to 7 day window of time before the Tree Patch Launch where ALL players can sell ANY modules they own for FULL Cbill value. Then the patch rolls out, refunds happen as planned, and we go forward.

"But what about the people who aren't able to log on in time?" -- 5 to 7 days as a window is plenty of time for active players. It's not perfect but I think it's a pretty good compromise.

#45 MajCyric

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

I want my cake and to eat it... Give me back my full GXP and c-bills back that i spent on it if you are going to take them away...

And IF not both then just C-bills...

#46 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostMajCyric, on 28 April 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

I want my cake and to eat it... Give me back my full GXP and c-bills back that i spent on it if you are going to take them away...

And IF not both then just C-bills...

You're already getting any GXP you spent back. I think it's a total of 639,400 GXP to unlock every single module in the game.

#47 Ockish

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

1. Grinding skills (I think) is fun.
2. C-bills replace money in many cases.
3. Grinding money is called work = not fun.

#48 BenWhiskeyjack

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

One thing I don't see many folks noting is that the skill points allow you to open up additional nodes in the trees easily. Meaning for any mech, I could go open up all the skill nodes for the mech, and then if I want to change my skills, I'm only paying the 400 Mech XP to switch. And note that's both the c-bill and mech xp.

Personally for me, this refund system seems OK. I get the ability to skill up a large chunk of my mechs and I'm not having to pay cbills for it. I do respect others may not be in the same place, so I could support some options to allow choice to get some level of cbills back if they have excess. That does seem like a pretty easy option that PGI could add in for folks in that situation.

#49 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

I do understand that you can unlock all 242 nodes on every mech. But between HSP and GSP, I can still completely unlock all 242 nodes on more mechs than I own. My default is going to be generally 87 points on nearly every mech I own, and I'm not going to use that last 4 points to explore the other 155 nodes.

I would rather have my c-bills back than skill points that could potentially unlock as many as 233 mechs when I only own 73.

#50 Chuck Jon

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 12 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

I have over 450 mechs, most of them mastered, multiple vairants of some of them and a GSP "refund" coming my way of over 56000 points. That refund gives me 91 skill nodes for 642 mechs or 242 skill nodes for 241 mechs. Most of my variants already have 91+ HSP sitting on them so I could probably completely unlock all 450 mechs if I could be bothered with the time to click the mouse for each mech (unlock all button?).

I can see myself keeping about 15000 GSP for future mechs so I can get the skill nodes I want unlocked immediately. I would appreciate an in-game option to convert GSP into C-bills (forfeiting the XP component) at any time if the refund system of the current test build is implemented. Hopefully that would let the refund script run to give everyone GSP and then those that want C-bills could easily convert them whenever they wanted post patch.

The latest PTS refund seemed to be quite fair and take into account the majority of the player base - giving players the ability to "master" their currently mastered mechs at no cost using HSP, converting consumables back to C-bills/MC, and converting modules into GSP based on a calculation of their C-bills value which is a generous calculation if you take into account the "free" XP component of it. Some of us just don't care to have a balance of 40000+ GSP sitting on our accounts for the next 10 years.

#51 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

Has anyone given any thought to what the GSP can be used for? Like respec? Fully mastering out new mechs without the grind? I will have quite a bit of GSP with the refund... I like the idea of some free exp without c-bill cost

GSP was a pretty good idea given the fact that the original plan would have antagonized a lot of the older players who have not bought modules for each and every one of their mechs....It doesn't nuke the in-game economy to oblivion the way handing out billions of c-bills to everyone would have.

#52 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

View PostSlambot, on 29 April 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

Has anyone given any thought to what the GSP can be used for? Like respec? Fully mastering out new mechs without the grind? I will have quite a bit of GSP with the refund... I like the idea of some free exp without c-bill cost

GSP was a pretty good idea given the fact that the original plan would have antagonized a lot of the older players who have not bought modules for each and every one of their mechs....It doesn't nuke the in-game economy to oblivion the way handing out billions of c-bills to everyone would have.

Gsp are to *unlock* nodes on any mech you want, but you can NOT use them for reactivating nodes(400xp cost)

Insta unlock everything. For the next 600 mechs to be released WOW. Maybe I WANT to level them by PLAYING the game? To get a feeling for how the mech reacts? Or to.. just play.. maybe?
What in-game economy are you talking about? There is none, since no player can interact with other players by trading or anything else.

Those billions of cbills are already there, just in form of modules. What pgi essentially wants to do is to DELETE billions of cbills for no reason except for robbing us YEARS of grinding that money - which a decent amount of players will NOT accept. Only pgi doesnt understand that obviously

Edited by Meihru, 29 April 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#53 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

View PostSlambot, on 29 April 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

Exactly! I'm actually stoked about the GSP. I won't have to level Mechs for a long, long time!

Also, since Nodes can be purchased and kept in that Mechs Skills Inventory, it means that you have extra SP you can use on each Mech. For example, my BLR was already getting 91 nodes refunded. With my mountain of GSP, I can add an extra 30 nodes to it, bringing it to a total of 121 nodes. Now I can run the XL400 meta, or I can run the STD340 meta, whichever I prefer.

I actually am pretty thrilled with PGI's refund scheme this time around! I hated it the first time, but I think they really knocked it out of the park with this latest revamp!

#54 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

240 mechs worth of GSP. 18,577. I'll never have to spend time grinding mechs and......... I won't EVER have to pay c-bills to unlock nodes.

But I guess no one thought of that.

#55 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

View PostOutcast1six, on 29 April 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

[...] I won't EVER have to pay c-bills to unlock nodes.

But I guess no one thought of that.

I get 3 times that much, blah blah.

Of course we think of the fact we don't have to spend cbills or xp for skills, that's the whole point of gsp after all. Thing is, we can't spent it on anything else either, no matter the fact we paid cbills to get modules in th first place.

#56 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostMeihru, on 29 April 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

I get 3 times that much, blah blah.

Of course we think of the fact we don't have to spend cbills or xp for skills, that's the whole point of gsp after all. Thing is, we can't spent it on anything else either, no matter the fact we paid cbills to get modules in th first place.

I'm not sure you're putting 2 and 2 together. With the GSP you KEEP the c-bills spent unlocking nodes. So I fail to see the logic in your argument. I get the c-bills back in savings mastering other mechs. See fair to me.

For the record I voted that it would be a mix of GSP and c-bills. I would like the choice and I wouldn't look to force anyone else not have a choice. Either a sliding scale during the refund or the option to sell off a portion of GSP for c-bills. Seems a little unfair to force the GSP people to accept c-bills and visa versa.

By the way, speaking of spending ingame currency. What are you going to do with 2.5 billion c-bills, if you already own so many of the current mechs?

But haters gonna hate.

Edited by Outcast1six, 30 April 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#57 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostOutcast1six, on 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

By the way, speaking of spending ingame currency. What are you going to do with 2.5 billion c-bills, if you already own so many of the current mechs?

First I would outfit all my mechs with proper engines instead of swapping.. and never have to worry about not having the right engine again.. I just buy as I need.. next I would buy any mechs I don't own and thus buying mech-bays which is a win for PGI.

#58 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 30 April 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

First I would outfit all my mechs with proper engines instead of swapping.. and never have to worry about not having the right engine again.. I just buy as I need.. next I would buy any mechs I don't own and thus buying mech-bays which is a win for PGI.

Which you could do with the savings from not having to unlock skill nodes.

IMO I would like to see either a scale with c-bills on one side and GSP on the other. Let people slide the scale to where they want it. Sure, I could use another 100 or 200 million c-bills, like you mentioned, but I have my mechs with the engines I want and I buy mechs packs. So the c-bills aren't that big a deal. Been saving my c-bills for civil war weapons. RAC/5s on everything.

#59 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRight where I need to be...

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

Show me the CBILLS!!!!!!!

#60 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

WANTED (Possibly Needed) -- All my spent (C-Bills) that were used on Modules returned, and all of my spent and unused 'Mech XP' (as well as spent General XP, obviously) returned as a massive 'Legacy GXP' pool, if not all just dumped directly back as Normal General XP... All as the ORIGINAL announcement had first dictated a royal, massive, long time ago. :huh:

But would we ever get that? Nope... Between whiners and PGI, anyone who followed the REAL Design Mechanics and fully outfitted their Mechs got horribly screwed. -_-

~D. V. "That kind of junk happening will also be my cue to leave." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users