• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 17 June 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

And still no update...

We won't get one. PGI went silent as per standard practice.

#182 Ptyler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

It's more than just distortion from perspective, I hope they took the suggestions in this thread. The concept cockpit looks like it has poor side visibility due to the arms, which is a reasonable trade off for mounting bigger guns higher up than the Timberwolf. This will be my ride for sure.

Edited by Ptyler, 02 July 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#183 Riitters

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

Actually yeah I stumbled across this topic for a completely unrelated reason having to do with pre-ordering the mech, and I'm glad Ive seen this. Those arms are really, really bad. That and the damn thing looks like a Timber Wolf with the nose squished. I own only one clan assault because I don't like how most of them look, and after seeing renderings I'm wavering on a mech I've loved since reading dark age as a kid.

#184 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

Hello PGI,

Last our intrepid mech pilots heard was that there needed to be convo's/decisions by the 'appropriate people' before any further changes could be made... so how did them talks go?

#185 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:15 AM

As this 'Mech will arrive on July 18, we can see how the model ends up next week.

I'm not expecting much besides the vertically flipped Gauss. Still hoping that the final 3D model could be somewhat decent/attractive enough for me to buy....

#186 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Sorry, I missed seeing you ask for this mech for 4 years... I will "cry" to have this mech match the concept art as close as possible. So kindly keep your insults to yourself before you make me mad. You already irritated me after reading your slanderous post.

Us early adopters pay to have the models match the concept art. Check the warhammer thankfully that was able to get fixed. It literally was a small banshee head. Looked nothing like the concept.

Wow, how condescending is that comment?

Ok, so i heard you do a lot of forum posting and other things with regards to mech models.

So what?

That is your choice, and you are entitled to it. However, who is to say your idea of the best concept is the right one? Who do you think you are, that your opinion is worth more than anyone elses?

So who cares about founders these days? That was 4 years ago. Well done. You seriously expect me to believe they had relevant concept art for the Madcat Mk 2 back then? Even if they did, more fool you believing it would last 4 years.

I also bet i spent a crap ton more than a lot of founders supporting this game. Do i make a song and dance about it? Do i think my opinion outweighs anyone else? No, because its just my opinion. Nothing more. No matter how many forum posts or concept pictures, or mechs i think i brought about being created. I am not a developer or on the board. I have no say, other than what i buy. And as we all know, any purchase in this game should never be considered a guarantee of anything.

Concept art is exactly that. A concept. Its not a finished product or a guarantee. Everyone's opinion is equal here, you need to get down from your high horse and realise that.

I actually prefer the model with the longer barrels too. And i also don't have any regard for how "mad" you get.

Get over yourself.

Edited by Reza Malin, 05 July 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#187 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

View PostPhantomDust, on 01 May 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Hey guys!

I am actively looking at this thread and taking in all the feedback. I don't want to promise anything until its actually done/approved.

But what i can say is that I have already flipped the Gauss rifles to fit the concept, as for pushing the Gauss rifles in that still needs to be discussed with the appropriate people.

Cheers,

Arman

Hey Arman,

I actually prefer the length of the gauss rifles as they are in the concept art, as long as they are turned over, which has already been done.

Thankyou.

Edited by Reza Malin, 05 July 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#188 Motion

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

I extracted some models from the PTR files, no experience with blender or anything but i got some skins on em, ish haha

Posted Image
Posted Image

#189 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Can ypu pull one with the Gauss rifles in like the 1 or 2 models lol?

#190 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Looks beastly. However, my Banshees, Warhawks and Supernovas are still much closer to heart.
The Executioner cant compete even I like that mech alot too, then theres the Nightstar. Promising, will see how it turns out.

#191 Motion

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostCK16, on 07 July 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Can ypu pull one with the Gauss rifles in like the 1 or 2 models lol?

I've kinda given up, if there's someone good/familiar with this stuff I can send them the pak file and they can do it :-p. not sure if there's a huge quantity of parts included in the beta file though. apparently i extracted the parts the old way, so someone else could get better results the newer way more then likely. And people who've used a modeling program more then once ;-p

Edited by Motion, 07 July 2017 - 07:28 PM.

#192 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

hmm yea not sure who could, I know I cant lol.

#193 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

im ganna love my TBR II, (Yes im naming all of them that!!!)
first thing im ganna do is stuff XL400s and Full JJs, into each of them, ;)
not sure what weapons im ganna run though :(

#194 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostMotion, on 07 July 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

I extracted some models from the PTR files, no experience with blender or anything but i got some skins on em, ish haha
....]

Nice!

Could you please show us side and front view? I'm sure that many would want to see them.

#195 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Doesn't look like the arms will block the cockpit view. I am liking what I see.

#196 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:51 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I never thought I would say that about a MWO mech, but doesn't the legs look too small for the body?

#197 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

Perspective

#198 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

I thought about rendering it, since I have the process setup in Max already. But they must have removed the geometry files from PTS or I was looking in the wrong place. They didn't take the hero or special camos out though.

#199 Motion

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postjjm1, on 08 July 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

I thought about rendering it, since I have the process setup in Max already. But they must have removed the geometry files from PTS or I was looking in the wrong place. They didn't take the hero or special camos out though.

Sent you links to all the files I have, uploaded em to google drive

#200 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 07 July 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

im ganna love my TBR II, (Yes im naming all of them that!!!)
first thing im ganna do is stuff XL400s and Full JJs, into each of them, ;)
not sure what weapons im ganna run though :(

Why would you think that 3JJ in a 90 ton mech would be any good? PGI is deathly afraid to allow mechs heavier than a nova to actually be able to jump. You'll probably do better packing an additional 6 tons of ammo...

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users