Things your afraid they will implement poorly or not at all.

99 replies to this topic

#1 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Share your fears with your fellow man not lucky enough to be testing it, what you personally will be testing to make sure its good quality, and the dreaded fears in the back of your skull about some feature or another being poorley done.

Personally I am worried the maps will be neglected overall, and they will be poor and with not much variety, or worse, make it so there are only one or two winning strategies per map, thus pigeon holeing you into a roll or weight class of mech you may be tired of playing on the same map over and over just to remain competative.

#2 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 21 July 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Personally I am worried the maps will be neglected overall, and they will be poor and with not much variety, or worse, make it so there are only one or two winning strategies per map, thus pigeon holeing you into a roll or weight class of mech you may be tired of playing on the same map over and over just to remain competative.

:)

Edited by Rayzor, 21 July 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#3 sakkaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Encouraging players to fill out all the roles. If everyone goes heavy/assault it will make trying to scout or hunt scouts pretty boring and may penalize you with long match waits.

#4 Graphite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm afraid they'll spell "you're" as "your".

#5 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

O Tehy will. Tehy will

#6 Cid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

melee combat.

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

yo kan beat you're ahss tehy well

#7 SUSTINET

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Grammar policing for something as silly as the difference between you're and your. How cute.

Edited by SUSTINET, 21 July 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#8 Graphite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostSUSTINET, on 21 July 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Grammar policing for something as silly as the difference between you're and your. How cute.

Oh, of course: grammar policing should be reserved for more serious offences?

Such as using "his" instead of "I am", or "my" instead of "he is", for example? Oh wait, same thing. :)

BTW, policing the police is cute too...

Edited by Graphite, 21 July 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#9 Kadreal

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Electronic warfare,
Also since I come from World of Tanks, I worry the maps will be too small. I hate being pidgeon holed into a small number of routes. Hopefully the maps will be fairly large so we can manuever around the enemy front instead of being forced to crash into it.

#10 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Of course... grammar policing should be reserved for more serious offences?

Such as using "his" instead of "I am", or "my" instead of "he is", for example? Oh wait, SAME THING.

Policing the police is cute too...

Posted Image

#11 SlavKatyusha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostGraphite, on 21 July 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Of course! Grammar policing should be reserved for more serious offences?

Policing the police is cute too...

Posted Image

Am i rite?

Really my brother, policing grammar instead of staying on topic is sooo much better :)

Edited by CloneWarrior85, 21 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#12 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

-making lighter mechs TOO powerful (i plan on being in a medium, i just don't want atlas's being a pushover to mechs/load outs they shouldn't be)
-the head start for founders being such a large bonus that it drives new people away
-the game having balance issues for new people and driving them away
-lack of support after release
-implementation of pay to win aspects
-adding gambling "packs" like so many f2p games have

These are not specifically things i expect them to do/add, but are things i somewhat worry about.

#13 TrunksMaxamillan

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvannia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I hope they implement a decent auto balancing system for matches. I witnessed (from friends who currently have the beta) many battles that were complete slaughter fests. I might be a little too pessimistic, but the game is still in beta, and there are many additions to the game that will be implemented in the future.

Edited by TrunksMaxamillan, 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#14 William1984

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Noord Brabant

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Agreed with the maps, also a WoT player and it gets boring after some time, same map after same map, they should add a mechanic wich changes the same map a bit, like one time a canyon is open, the other its filled with rubble, or water height of river and so on... Would be a nice addition I think

#15 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Match finder, team formation, order of game creating. If they make the game room first and then force people to compromise their mechs, instead of picking from a list of "weight/bv contracts" in que and then making a game room, that would make it suck. For example forcing someone up a weight instead of picking from a pool of players who registered already under a weight that fits your needs and are ready for drop.

Edited by ManDaisy, 21 July 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#16 Kumakichi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostRiffleman, on 21 July 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

They already said maps were the biggest priority to themselves. The maps sound complex to create so it takes awhile I guess. We've see 2 of them and they said they are working on a huge desert map next.

#17 JamesOfDoom

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

I hope they make it so the best scout mechs don't blow. I also want a Nova Cat, so many PPCs...

#18 Kadreal

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 91 posts

View PostKumakichi, on 21 July 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

They already said maps were the biggest priority to themselves. The maps sound complex to create so it takes awhile I guess. We've see 2 of them and they said they are working on a huge desert map next.

I just hope they are rather sizable, so it doesn't feel like two teams facing each other in a hallway

#19 Stalgrim

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom.

I'm afraid they won't let me crush everything under my Atlas' metal heels while I listen to the anguished screams of my foes and revel in their lamentation. All must bow before the unrivaled firepower of the Atlas or be left in a smoking heap of molten iron.

All kidding asside, I hope the maps are really good and not just dialed in, cramped and unpleasent to play on. I want them all to be massive and not have a feeling as if getting onto a certain map is just a pain in the backside. However Frozen City seems to be pretty unique and interesting by the looks of it, if they are all as good as that then I'll be ok with it.

#20 Graphite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 21 July 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

I see you're pic, and raise you this one!
Posted Image

Your the looser in this battle, they're can be only one winner, and there going to be on the side of good: proper grammar.

Theirs no faster way to lose respect for you're post without it even being red then to put bad grammar in the title.

Edited by Graphite, 21 July 2012 - 06:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users