953 replies to this topic

#41 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostSteinkrieg, on 15 May 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Combine the short changing of the module refunds with the added cost of respeccing a node, can't you see how you just removed massive amounts of playtime and progression from your most loyal players?

Your getting HSP yah cheapskate, would you have preferred skill tree pts version 1 ? I am sure with HSP and GSP and GXP refunds your not going to have an XP problem for a LONG time.

Now give me a GSP -> cbills free conversion button since you couldn't give us a correct dated refund ledger pts and only 17 ?hours patch notice... and couldn't answer a question about safely refunding our pre dec 3rd modules for 50% loss thanks.....

Edited by CadoAzazel, 15 May 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#42 Kara Ben Nemsi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Bye bye MWO & PGI, hello Battletech & HBS!

#43 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Very miffed with the removal of agility quirks from the Kit Fox, but I suppose I'll have to see what I can do with it post-dequirkening.

I suppose when every other mech has its mobility quirks stripped, it does level the playing field somewhat. A 33% reduction in accel/decel/turnrate/torso yaw is still smaller than the ~40% reduction that assaults and heavies took. But it's really small consolation given how squishy the mech is to begin with.

Challenge accepted regardless. I will enjoy the tears of fatmech pilots when their precious mechs disintegrate.

#44 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 15 May 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Your getting HSP yah cheapskate, would you have preferred skill tree pts version 1 ? I am sure with HSP and GSP and GXP refunds your not going to have an XP problem for a LONG time.

Now give me a GSP -> cbills free conversion button since you couldn't give us a correct dated refund ledger pts and only 17 ?hours patch notice... and couldn't answer a question about safely refunding our pre dec 3rd modules for 50% loss thanks.....

Cheapskate? Wanting equivalent value in application of the use of a module and not wanting to be charged every time I respec (which is what the old system had) is being a cheapskate? Absolutely not! They're taking apples and giving us kumquats.

#45 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

So

1. Skill Maze - Still a maze
2. Skill Point Purchase / Skill Point Migration / Purchase Skill Points - So utterly convoluted I don't even know where to begin.
3. 5 different points - Skill Point / General Skill Point / Historic Skill Point / GXP and HXP - Convoluted, 5 grades, really needed? Really?
4. Reskill cost of 400xp each time? What the? PGI wants to support the "comp" community and often this area is where constant build tweaking/reskill will happen the most. Going to need to buy 2-3 of the shame chassis - goodbye game diversity.

Did anything from the PTS feedback from what seemed like, the vast majority, actually get listened too?

Time to cancel my pre-order. I will vote with my wallet on this one. Skill Tree is FP3 all over, expect an exodus of players.

#46 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Looks like a good patch to me. To all the people crying, the detailed skill tree is something that was promised since before this game was in beta and they were not able to do it at the time, so we got the dumbed down placeholder that we have had all these years. Also, I bet there will be just as many people who actually quit over this as there were butthurt Trump-hating Hollywood actors and Actresses who actually left the USA like they said they would if Trump won Posted Image

#47 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 15 May 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

Very miffed with the removal of agility quirks from the Kit Fox, but I suppose I'll have to see what I can do with it post-dequirkening.

I suppose when every other mech has its mobility quirks stripped, it does level the playing field somewhat. A 33% reduction in accel/decel/turnrate/torso yaw is still smaller than the ~40% reduction that assaults and heavies took. But it's really small consolation given how squishy the mech is to begin with.

Challenge accepted regardless. I will enjoy the tears of fatmech pilots when their precious mechs disintegrate.

Maybe the Kit Fox was one of those that got some mobility rolled into the base stats. I guess we will have to wait until we can look at it in the MechLab to see.

EDIT: Looked at the spread sheet. Exact same mobility as the ACH so I guess nothing was rolled in.

Edited by Rampage, 15 May 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#48 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Now i realy wish i could chargeback my kodiak pack i bought last week...
Totally waste of money, because i won't be using them. Tho i guess its 30 days premium and 3 mechbays and some mil cbills selling off the kodiaks...

I knew engine desynch was coming but not that's gonna be this bad!
I hated lvling the kodiaks up enough due how sloppy they are. Once mastered they we're okay-ish to play.
I mainly play lights/heavies, usualy lights because i like speed and the game is already too slow. Locust speed is just about right... but not any more.

I'm not totally against the skill tree, but the engine desynch just kills it for me.
Way to suck out the fun in this game, making it even slower. Aswell increasing armor on already great armored targets while light mechs gets shafted. I don't care about 5 more armor on my locust. But 40+ on a heavy/assault is gonna be massive especially from a light mech point of view.

Light's gonna be even more extinct than what they already are.
ACH + urbie same mobility? What the heck...

No just no... remove engine desynch. Then balance skill tree etc. Come up with something else than engine desynch.

Aswell 400 exp to respec, realy??? I didn't have to pay when i changed my loadouts + switched some modules around then i was ready to go and play.
Now i'm penalized every time i wanna fool around with a new loadout unless i'm going to run terribly unoptimized.

Bleh
/rant over

And sorry for any misspellings, i've not proofread it. Not in the mood atm.

#49 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Despite my many critiques of the skill tree, I'm happy it's finally being rolled out. The uncertainty alone was killing my interest in this game. Hopefully PGI can switch their focus to creating new gameplay content -- good maps and better modes, and making FP compelling for more than just comp players.

#50 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

View PostTercieI, on 15 May 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Many of us will have comp-only copies of mechs that invest more heavily in that tree but will never use them in PUGs.

Yep.

I've purchased a bunch of "2nd" chassis of the META variants for comp and all the crap variants I have no choice but to sell (particularly IS) as without quirks they are, dead.

For comp you could rebuild in 60 seconds no worries between drops. Under this, it's impossible to do it in a timely manner.

The comp variants will never get use outside of comp... What a joke this has become.

#51 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

View PostRampage, on 15 May 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Maybe the Kit Fox was one of those that got some mobility rolled into the base stats. I guess we will have to wait until we can look at it in the MechLab to see.

You will need to take printscreens of every mechs current mobility data to compare.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yep.
I've purchased a bunch of "2nd" chassis of the META variants for comp and all the crap variants I have no choice but to sell (particularly IS) as without quirks they are, dead.
For comp you could rebuild in 60 seconds no worries between drops. Under this, it's impossible to do it in a timely manner.
The comp variants will never get use outside of comp... What a joke this has become.

I just wish I purchased more comp chasis during the mrbc sale

#52 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

Rip IS

The ebons and hellbringers are now more agile than warhammers. Agility was one of the two things keeping the IS in contention in FP. The other being low durations/single slug ac fire.

#53 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostCadoAzazel, on 15 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

I just wish I purchased more comp chasis during the mrbc sale

Indeed.

View PostHobbles v, on 15 May 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Rip IS

The ebons and hellbringers are now more agile than warhammers. Agility was one of the two things keeping the IS in contention in FP. The other being low durations/single slug ac fire.

Indeed. Lets not also forget about the IS offensive quirk reduction and Clan offensive quirk increase. IS quirks being the only things that were keeping a semblance of balance.

Balance is gonna be so far out, when really, IS XL was the only big one that actually needed attention and years on, still does.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#54 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

how do you master a mech when the new skill tree comes out? Because last time I checked up on this you had to have a mastered mech to get all 91 nodes.

also, it would be nice if someone summarized the skill tree stuff, because there is soo much stuff, and for some reason the video on the movement speed stiff would not play. Anyone else have the same problem?

#55 Crazywolf77

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Did I overread it? What will happen to the variant specific XP overflow. For example: I habe a DWF mastered with over 160k XP on the account. Will they still be there after patch or will they be convertef into HSP as well?

#56 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

The quickdraw and Victor are no longer sitting, shivering in the corner of a dark, damp room... Wishing for their chance to use a MRM-40 instead of a MRM4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4

Nice.

#57 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostCrazywolf77, on 15 May 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Did I overread it? What will happen to the variant specific XP overflow. For example: I habe a DWF mastered with over 160k XP on the account. Will they still be there after patch or will they be convertef into HSP as well?

The excess XP will still be there. It will just be called HXP. ONly XP or GXP that has been spent to level a Mech will be refunded as HSP and buy you Skill Points. HXP can be used to buy Skill points too but it takes 800 HXP and 45,000 C-Bills per Skill point.

#58 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 May 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Clans are not getting "more quirks." The new skill tree gives you the chance to invest in firepower, yes, but you have to sacrifice agility and heat reduction skills from the old tree to get there, anf there are no modules to boost weapons or sensors. Every mech in the game gets access to the same skill tree.

What we need is a balance of base tech instead of relying on quirks.

PGI is claiming to want to balance base tech. Of course as par for the course they do half the job first (nerf IS) and then rebalance after. However, once the civil war tech drops and they finally begin to assess interfaction tech they might finally do what should have been done when clan wave 1 dropped:. Need Clans, use fewer quirks for IS.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Indeed. Lets not also forget about the IS offensive quirk reduction and Clan offensive quirk increase. IS quirks being the only things that were keeping a semblance of balance.

Balance is gonna be so far out, when really, IS XL was the only big one that actually needed attention and years on, still does.

Clans are not getting "more quirks." The new skill tree gives you the chance to invest in firepower, yes, but you have to sacrifice agility and heat reduction skills from the old tree to get there, anf there are no modules to boost weapons or sensors. Every mech in the game gets access to the same skill tree.

What we need is a balance of base tech instead of relying on quirks.

PGI is claiming to want to balance base tech. Of course as par for the course they do half the job first (nerf IS) and then rebalance after. However, once the civil war tech drops and they finally begin to assess interfaction tech they might finally do what should have been done when clan wave 1 dropped:. Nerf Clans, use fewer quirks for IS.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 15 May 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#59 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 May 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

PGI is claiming to want to balance base tech. Of course as par for the course they do half the job first (nerf IS) and then rebalance after. However, once the civil war tech drops and they finally begin to assess interfaction tech they might finally do what should have been done when clan wave 1 dropped:. Nerf Clans, use fewer quirks for IS.

According to your tweet you also like "the push for base tech balance" maybe you should tell Russ you hope it doesn't take years since they obviously dont read the forums.

I kinda like where you hope this is heading though..... but it is PGI........

#60 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

Quirk nerfs are still insane. Even if we ignore the obvious faction balance problems, the variant balance was half-decent before, now you decide you butcher many of the weaker variants while the stronger variants are touched less. No base tech balance will repair that damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users