342 replies to this topic

#281 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Gargoyle 2 builds (Love this mech)
1 to "take one for the team" lead the charge tank (10 small pulse) with shield arm.
1 for 2nd man in max damage (12 small pulse)

Tanking for the team coz I am going to put my faith in them supporting me and being able to do damage, twisting and shield arming.

(* The Skill Tree has emphasised taking one for the team with the armor/structure ST nodes on mechs in combo with pre exisiting tanking quirks making it so that if you know your bad at shooting but have a microphone, build a tank mech, tell your team when the game starts "guys im a full tank build, im going to go in 1st, support me", go in ON ONE OF THE SIDE FLANKS of the enemy (not straight into the middle of the enemy) and tell/get your team to push past you / move to a side wall (NOT IN A CHOKE) once you start to get pretty torn up, make sure you face your arms at the enemy, dont even bother to fire if you have their attention.)

HOW TO TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Left arm Shield Arm for going in 1st.

Posted Image

Skeletal density because it has existing structure quirks, armor hardening because it has to a lesser extent armor quirks and your going in 1st so you want all the survivability you can get.
Target Info or Extra consumable slot, up to personal preference if you want quicker info for when you get to fire of where to fire, or a uav to go with your coolshot.
Mobility tree to twist the damage your absorbing, and peel to the side of the fight quickly once your open/done your job.
With 26 heat sinks operations gives better heat management than firepower tree where range and cooldown nodes are a waste with such short range short cooldown small lasers the % gained is miniscule compared to ER large where they are of great benefit.

Posted Image

The more likely choice factoring in human thinking, FtT, cant rely on them, im here for my damage done, if we win or lose isn't going to be decided by me, but who has more taters.

No tank arm, more lasers

Posted Image

Miscellaneous tree for quick coolshots, reduced armor and mobility tree because less armor quirks and more damage focus less tanking focus hence the small benefit of firepower tree mainly for additional heat management to operations tree.

Posted Image

Warhawk 4 large pulse. (Love this mech)
This is a Warhawk C build for the heat and lpl quirks (just noticed WHK-C(C) doesnt show the quirks in store)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The warhawk A (8 omni bonus) (2 er large and tcomp 7) is now the longest range mech in the game, but with only 2 energy hardpoints it is inefficient.

Dragon 5N
(I do not reccomend this mech (or 1N) till after civil war patch, 1C may work now with 3 LPL and both hero's are good)

I believe the Fang (3 LPL) and flame (B33f has a good video on Flame) is the dragon that is benefitting most, fitting an AC/20.

I bought a 5N and I realised another Quality of life issue that PGI should have fixed years ago, you cant see in game where the hard points are located before purchase, I thought I would be able to fit an ac20 or 2 uac5's in the Dragon 5N.... should have checked smurfy's independant site 1st before I purchased it, It is a mech that will benefit a lot from Civil war patch but right now I dont believe it is any better relative to its competition post patch than it would have been pre patch with its hard point locations (I cried when I realised all the ballistic are in one arm and couldn't fit an ac20, or 3uac5's over 2 components.)

Note to self stop buying mechs without checking smurfy's 1st, im usually very good at doing that.

But having had my Whine, It is a change from the meta/what I am used to and change is fun, the wide arm mounts take some getting used to after playing torso mount mechs mainly for aages, I enjoyed 10 games in it then started to get frustrated.

Here's how I am running my 5N, its tanky as hell, very forgiving to positioning badly (but at 58kmph with a standard engine it needs to be, (can go 70 with xl but need to sit futher back and protect those shoulders)) haven't broken 600 damage yet. Try to fight at around 500 to 600 meters

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you want to pad your damage, replace the gause rifle with an lbx 10, and an srm6 and fight between 100 and 270 meters but time to kill enemy will go up.

I will probably not touch the 5N till civil war now, but did enjoy playing a few games with the different playstyle.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 31 May 2017 - 04:31 AM.

#282 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 30 May 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

Well after reading of units stacking votes to help people win this, I gave up on it.

LOL. Dude, go look through the thread. I think the top vote getters thus far are hauling in a whopping 12 or so votes. If that is "vote stacking" then man if that is units stacking votes y'all need better or at least more loyal units.

#283 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

I did add a QP/CW Hellbringer guide in my original post, Bud--you might wanna include that in your opening post's list.

Edited by El Bandito, 30 May 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#284 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 May 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

I did add a QP/CW Hellbringer guide in my original post, Bud--you might wanna include that in your opening post's list.

Description updated.

#285 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

I made a more detailed guide by classifying skills according to necessity/build. Feel free to drop pointers/feedback.

#286 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Finished My Contribution

I got wolverine and wolfhound confused sorry i dont own a wolverine.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 31 May 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#287 Muujig612

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

I'm stealing all these builds. Posted Image

#288 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostMuujig612, on 31 May 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'm stealing all these builds. Posted Image

And that is the whole idea. Steal away.

#289 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Alright, finally brought myself to finish this sucker,

Tarogato's Skill Tree Guide (Tryhard Edition)
Detailed paths and explanations for each tree, and soon I'll start building a database of paths for every mech in the game (that I can muster). I might include more science later as well (such as comparing jump height with the jump tree, and such)

#290 Ormstarr the Splitter

Art Mercenary

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Guys... Tarogato just gave away the recipe to our secret sauce... y'all better snatch it up before the Jarl sees it!

#291 Onimusha shin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

LBK ideas here for those who need them

LBK-Prime 2erPPC build & Skills
Posted Image

LBK-Prime 6MPL build or 6erML build & Skills
Posted Image

LBK-Prime 4ASRM6+5erSL build & Skills
Posted Image

#292 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:44 AM

Updated to 291.

Cado's latest builds, Onimusha's Linbackers and Taro's guide all added.

Well done. Good stuff.

#293 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 03 December 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

UM-R60L Skirmisher - (AC5 + 4x ML, XL180)
UM-R60L Skirmisher - (AC5 + 4x ML, XL170)

The best builds in Urbanmechs are actually energy weapons, but this is the best compromise of the two. A hit-and-run build that can get cheeky shots afar, though it's ballistic the ac5 piggy-backs on the lasers for success. The AC5 can hit pretty far, and you can hound your enemies at most ranges, it's not as fast as the UAC5 but you'll chew through your ammo reserves slower and you don't jam, used in tandem with the Medium Laser for an alpha of 25, which is just 1 damage short from the Laser Vomit, but the upside is that you can give off a steady rate of 5 PPFL-Damage, over long distance. Why it works better over the Laser Vomit is that even when the alpha is just weaker, you can still keep on shooting that AC5 when you're near overheating, like the thought on the Gauss Vomit.

You can shuffle between XL180 and XL170, the XL170 is usually fast enough to already and another JJ in place, or extra leg armor can be useful.

Skills
Spoiler

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 June 2017 - 02:37 AM.

#294 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 23 May 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

PFFT! Seperate thread, shmeperate shmead! Posted Image

I really need to clarify what the JB4 "guide" is for and tweek both it and my Basic & Elite post with things garnered from this 'ere thread...

01:15 - maybe tomorrow later today!

You forgot! Fine! I'll do the counting myself! With blackjack! And exotic dancers! Eh, this is too much math. Posted Image

Also wow. It's almost time for the June Patch. I hardly noticed these weeks fly by!

Edited by cazidin, 01 June 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#295 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Updated through 293 and 6thMessenger's Urbanmech post.

#296 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

How do we score this? Is it by likes?

Edited by Xetelian, 03 June 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#297 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostXetelian, on 03 June 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

How do we score this? Is it by likes?

Likes and commentary. If you have a better idea I'm open to it. If there are a lot of ties, then my youngest son gets to decide and the last time I let him he selected the winners based on who had the "coolest" names. Them's the breaks.

#298 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:37 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 June 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Likes and commentary. If you have a better idea I'm open to it. If there are a lot of ties, then my youngest son gets to decide and the last time I let him he selected the winners based on who had the "coolest" names. Them's the breaks.

I vote zellbrigen.

#299 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

View Postjjm1, on 04 June 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I vote zellbrigen.

Hmmm...since they are getting rid of the premium time requirement for private matches....maybe this is doable!
Deathmatch for a mech pack...skill node proposal is the entry fee!
I like it.

-As fun as that would be, I neither have the time nor the ability to set this up. Alas, you are stuck with getting likes or commentary to decide winners. Sorry.-

#300 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 June 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Hmmm...since they are getting rid of the premium time requirement for private matches....maybe this is doable!
Deathmatch for a mech pack...skill node proposal is the entry fee!
I like it.

-As fun as that would be, I neither have the time nor the ability to set this up. Alas, you are stuck with getting likes or commentary to decide winners. Sorry.-

aww.

I was hoping to do some disintegrations. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users