You ''may'' Have Ruined Our Game

299 replies to this topic

#221 Syn Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

premium time ticking away. skill tree frustration. mechlab on end. nothing works. it just feels like some t-rex with bowel issues dumped his wastes on my mechs.

no more getting home doing a few quick matches after work.

for me it is very simple. full budget cut on computer expenses. including time.

after all, you can not buy back lifetime and it is to valuable to waste on something that is not remotely fun, unless someone threatens you to shortcut on your lifetime.

game uninstalled, need the disk space for now. will look at the boards for a while. if nothing changes, time for full refunds.

#222 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

this patch basically removed all fun. deal with it.

#223 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

awful, very unhappy with this thing.

#224 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

Just need to remake the trees proper - simpler - not like a maze - reconsider some trees ! and change the values and make the testing grounds in the mechlab before save. and let the people save configs. and create a skill tree helper for the noobs - that will aks them what they want (like in rpg during creating a character)
and make the game play closer to what was before patch

#225 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

http://metamechs.com...es/skill-trees/

#226 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:34 AM

View PostThe Shortbus, on 21 May 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

thnx mate)

#227 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

View Postkapinga, on 16 May 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

MWLL IS A VERY RIGHTOUS GAME EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK IT OUT YOU WILL BE SUPRISED!

MWLL is a deserted wasteland with poor graphics and a nonexistent playerbase

#228 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostLeopardo, on 21 May 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Just need to remake the trees proper - simpler - not like a maze - reconsider some trees ! and change the values and make the testing grounds in the mechlab before save. and let the people save configs. and create a skill tree helper for the noobs - that will aks them what they want (like in rpg during creating a character)

Unfortunately, those are "just" exactly things we were saying since PTS1 and that PGI chose to ignore. :)

#229 dqIII

• Pip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

Re-spec'd 2 mechs played for 30 mins, haven't played in a week. I used to play every day, thanks for screwing up in a(traditionally) epic and careless fashion. Right here PGI.

#230 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

LoL now the mods are deleting my posts. funny how you cant have an opinion anymore

#231 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

you can but useless ranting doesnt help.
fact is: skill tree is a bit complicated at first but it aint a problem to figure out what you should do with your mech in the skilltree when you got your loadout.

i, for my part, dont even rebuild my mechs. i just use what i got and skill what i think is good. done. and the mechs still work because i never followed the min/max meta. i done well before, do well after. most of my mechs actually work better now which is awesome :D

if you cant figure out a way to play your own way .... then the old school gamers would be ashamed of you. y'all are spoiled to the max by the hands that helped you through ez mode stuff.

#232 Ulrik_

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

the old skill tree only have one thing that i will never use: quick ignition, in that new stupid awfull skill tree i must spend lot of points only to have marginal profits for some things leaving the mech kinda stupid, i can't run more because i don't know how to stomp the speed pedal?? i can't move more the mech torso, arms because i don't know how to move event my own body?? the people in mechwarrior turned stupid in a second?? in the other hand, board game say that ammo clips have some ammount and only that amount because there's no more space available, why the hell now they have more and for stupid rounds like 3 more missiles?? the technician put in in the cockpit?? a dwarf is running with it in the hands??? what the hell's that stupid game now??
thanks pgi to turn a good game into an stupid one i'm sure that you only want profits and i'm sure that you'll have less now

#233 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostAlienized, on 23 May 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

you can but useless ranting doesnt help.
fact is: skill tree is a bit complicated at first but it aint a problem to figure out what you should do with your mech in the skilltree when you got your loadout.

i, for my part, dont even rebuild my mechs. i just use what i got and skill what i think is good. done. and the mechs still work because i never followed the min/max meta. i done well before, do well after. most of my mechs actually work better now which is awesome Posted Image

if you cant figure out a way to play your own way .... then the old school gamers would be ashamed of you. y'all are spoiled to the max by the hands that helped you through ez mode stuff.

Nah i would be find with removing all quirks and the skill tree and just have the old skill system. This Skill tree has removed the enjoyment from a game i played daily and was my main game.
Now its empty harddrive space as its been deleted off my box. Wont reinstall till they fix stuff. Sadly i dont see them caring about the player base that is upset.
But ill bet you will see a flood of new mechs soon as they try to gather as much funds to compensate for the lost players

#234 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 23 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Nah i would be find with removing all quirks and the skill tree and just have the old skill system. This Skill tree has removed the enjoyment from a game i played daily and was my main game.
Now its empty harddrive space as its been deleted off my box. Wont reinstall till they fix stuff. Sadly i dont see them caring about the player base that is upset.
But ill bet you will see a flood of new mechs soon as they try to gather as much funds to compensate for the lost players

actually stuff is fixed. there are a whole lot of mechs out there i havent seen in AGES.
whats not to like? that you have to invest 4 minutes into a mech? lol.

see this, i just played a executioner with 2uac5's and 6 spl. thats what i had before.

i instantly knew ima go armor, agility and mech ops with JJ's as much as its needed. weapons? not much. not worth it. sensors? na its a brawler anyway. just shoot what looks damaged. 2 minutes of thought in the 4th minutes of skilling.
skill tree isnt that bad once you looked properly at it. you just gotta know what you have to go for. nothing else.

had a proper battle with 6 kills (3kmdd, 3solo's) and 818 dmg.

so to me, stuff IS fixed. not because i can play well anyway but because you can get mechs to work properly much easier. ye you gotta do a bit of brainstorming but srsly. why not?

#235 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

Yah im not spending time in mechlab for mechs i already had dialed in. The tree is mad broken worse that any mod PGI has put out. Give me a button to have my mechs the way they used to be ill be fine.
Nix these OP consumables yes
put modules back to how they used to be yes.

when i take a light mech with maxed mobility and it moves like a dumptruck something is wrong.....

#236 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 23 May 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

Yah im not spending time in mechlab for mechs i already had dialed in. The tree is mad broken worse that any mod PGI has put out. Give me a button to have my mechs the way they used to be ill be fine.
Nix these OP consumables yes
put modules back to how they used to be yes.

when i take a light mech with maxed mobility and it moves like a dumptruck something is wrong.....

wrong. there was something wrong when a light could absorm more damage than a bloody assault. thats what was really wrong.
so you are mad because they stole your OP lagshield lights? oh boy... my huginn done just well. just sayin. didnt move like a truck after all.

sry all your points are just damn... well...
you just dont want to explore stuff. hang on in the past, life is going on, game is fun.

#237 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

It'll be a week tomorrow since I started this thread and I'd like to update my position on the skill-tree. The tree has definitely changed things up. Almost all Clan mechs have now become seriously enhanced because so few of them lost their quirks or had nothing to lose to begin with. My guess for why PGI favoured clan mechs is the # of Clan mechs available are so much fewer than IS. On the flip side, although many IS mechs have now become much more viable, others took serious hits.. this may have been to boost the sales of those underutilized mechs. It's clear on the Clan side, but, it's too early to tell what the net-effect on the IS side is yet as far as the nerfs go.. but it is fun dusting off old mechs and doing well in them again. Here are some of my findings and suggestions:
  • my gametime has definitely taken a 'nerf' and I have a loooong way to go before I get all my mechs up to speed. But I am picking up speed as I learn the ins-and-outs of the trees. Navigating the skill-trees has become almost second nature but it's still difficult searching out some nodes cuz of lack of colour differentiation. There is also less need for test-runs once you've built 15 or so mechs. Maybe adding 'select all' nodes buttons to each tree would be nice. (ie. 'select all', 'select all-heat', 'select all-cooldown', etc.) So for example if you're going for a maxed out cooldown mech, you click on 'select all - cooldown' and it auto-creates your tree. Then you see your stats and work backwards from there if it's not quite right. Some other things that would streamline the process would be the ability to save tree profiles and making the payment system more intuitive. Whether you make a one or 20 node change, there are too many clicks involved in the payment process. You can easily make this a one-or-two-click process. (ie. if you want to pay with xp or sp, etc., click on xp or sp button and it does the conversion/bar dragging for you).
  • although to the side you can see how much of each node you've enabled (eg. 7.5% heat; 8.25% cooldown) it would be nice if next to that number you can see what the max available amount for selecting all those nodes would be (eg. 7.5% out of 10.5% heat; 8.25% of 12% CD) This would be helpful especially since trees can vary by class/faction. Also would be nice if the mech's built-in quirks showed up in the same area (less jumping back and forth between the tree and loadout to see what your sum total of heat quirks are for example).
  • the agility, sensor and mech operations trees need to allow for more customization. More so than in other trees, I'm wasting nodes on things I don't want there. Considering the fact that these are 'frill' enhancements, we shouldn't be forced to waste too many nodes in these trees.
  • as obvious as it sounds, the names of each skill tree should match up to their corresponding main heading above...
  • to help balance things between IS/Clan, perhaps allowing the IS side 5 or so extra nodes may do the trick. Also, since the tiers in quickplay/invasion queues are pretty much mixed, how about, depending on tier, allowing more nodes for lower tier players. This would further help with balance but the more I think about it I'm afraid it may be a logistical nightmare to program. It was just a thought on how to utilize these nodes and further justify their existence.
  • Time-to-kill has also increased which is always good. Now, when you face a mech, you don't know if he's a tank or a glass cannon, so this forces you to battle more cautiously, carefully measuring each step you take.
I can't think of anything else so that's it for now.. please take your established playerbase that have 100+ mechs to respec into consideration and streamline the tree system... will post more findings as they come to me.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 May 2017 - 05:13 AM.

#238 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

i like how you have to skill LRM,s up just to reach basically what was standard range (was 1000 now 900m)skilled a griffen up got range to 1035m instead of old 1100m wow ! and i never ever used shock absorbance or hardly ever used ams now you gotta waste nodes right off the bat to do anything in armor and speed tweak all the useless crap just to get to it simplify at least

#239 Skidwax

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 12 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

I have lost out on every mech. the skill tree is simply a self nerfing device. no ability to trial a new skilled mech (oh god, another five mins not in game?) fawk!!!

pgi you fawked this idea so badly.

I cannot express how seriously disappointed I am.

I'm not doing this. there are better games out there. uninstall, move on? maybe.

#240 Vaderman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostKusunoki Masashige, on 23 May 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

LoL now the mods are deleting my posts. funny how you cant have an opinion anymore

That's ok, we can delete their game.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users