Posted Image

#243 Drexorn

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

I have to agree, I have no idea what's going on w/these skill trees or where to even start. I have 95 mechs, 90 of them were fully 'leveled up' unlocking the extra module slot prior to this patch. I messed around with 1 mech for about an hour and I have no idea what I was doing. I'm just playing now ignoring the skill tree. No sense wasting hours and hours of premium time when i could be actually playing the game.

#244 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:46 AM

View PostDrexorn, on 24 May 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

I have to agree, I have no idea what's going on w/these skill trees or where to even start. I have 95 mechs, 90 of them were fully 'leveled up' unlocking the extra module slot prior to this patch. I messed around with 1 mech for about an hour and I have no idea what I was doing. I'm just playing now ignoring the skill tree. No sense wasting hours and hours of premium time when i could be actually playing the game.

I tell you more - just while playng notice what you need - like more speed or more armor or what - then go to the tree and and some....I make it like this and have not boring time with mech.

#245 vermitor

Rookie

• The Spear
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

its horrible micromanagement of horror my ubiemech builds are ruined and i dont even know where to begin on my warhammers for faction. ive got a refund on hero pack but i would of prefered this issue fixed i really dont want to spend or come back till its fixedPosted Image

#246 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

god looks like a lot of people do the refound

#247 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

For the love of all things pew, give us some new maps and most of this ire will go away.

..or at least re-release the original ones.. there is nothing wrong with brawly maps.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 25 May 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#248 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

Guys, why not just skill up the mechs you use the most often...and only apply skillpoints to the other mechs when you need them?

It took me maybe an hour's worth of discussing what all the buttons did on the skill tree with my team, experimenting with THIS (https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/), and then clicking "Apply."

Now I have 8 ready-to-drop mechs for my drop decks, all mastered and kicking ***. They're the only ones I skilled up because they're the only ones I need.

What's the problem? What, because you actually have to put work and effort into 'getting good' or preparing your mechs in greater detail for battle?

You're complaining about clicking a goddamn computer mouse!

You ever work on a truck before that needs maintenance? Ever change oil? Improve the transmission? Fix your 'idiot' lights? How about change a timing belt? Yeah, I can tell you that takes more than a few point-and-clicks!

Because when you change a skill tree, you perform maintenance on a mech. Just be thankful this doesn't require actual power tools.

Edited by Commander A9, 25 May 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#249 Kusunoki Masashige

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 May 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Guys, why not just skill up the mechs you use the most often...and only apply skillpoints to the other mechs when you need them?

It took me maybe an hour's worth of discussing what all the buttons did on the skill tree with my team, experimenting with THIS (https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/), and then clicking "Apply."

Now I have 8 ready-to-drop mechs for my drop decks, all mastered and kicking ***. They're the only ones I skilled up because they're the only ones I need.

What's the problem? What, because you actually have to put work and effort into 'getting good' or preparing your mechs in greater detail for battle?

You ever work on a truck before that needs maintenance? Ever change oil? Improve the transmission? Fix your 'idiot' lights? How about change a timing belt? Yeah, I can tell you that takes more than a few point-and-clicks!

Because when you change a skill tree, you perform maintenance on a mech. Just be thankful this doesn't require actual power tools.

This is a lame set of comments. There is no reason we should have to redo X amount of mechs and waste X amount of Time Premium or not.
This is a fiasco of micromanaging and spreadsheet clickery... its horrid and a waste.
I have more than 8 mechs i enjoy playing on the daily. Barring the module changes my mechs now preform well under what they used to with an attempt to skill them up as they were before the patch.

Skill tree = ponderous waste of time and PGI really messed up this go around.

You have players who have basically quit the game because of this. Those players are no small number. The outrage is real.

#250 Malifax

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

Every time someone suggests something that will make this more palatable it requires I settle for something less. NOPE!

#251 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

I´ve been trying around with the skill tree for the last couple of days and ...OMG i guess i thought this was never gonna happen but... i rather like it.
Gives you new options - maybe they could up the skill points just a wee bit to account for the few unwanted skills you have to pick up to further advance in a couple of the trees but all in all it really isn´t that bad.
OK i have to admit, the times of the good old ubermoduled mechs are over but what the heck were they good for anyways?

And i have a crapton of mechs myself, ~120 i think it was. So there´ll be a lot to do for me until maybe christmas? Just have some patience with the skill tree guys, at first it really looks awful, but it´ll get better after a while and once you skilled the first 10 mechs through it´ll be a walk in the park for you to work on the rest. Just don´t try to have em all fixed at day 1, take your time.
And yeah i accept that not everyone may be of my opinion, but the system we have right now seems to be rather staying than leaving, so better get used to it and it might be easier to actually like it.

The matches i had so far were all fun. I definitely made my day Posted Image

I still think we got sk... rewed big time on the refunds but thats another story.

And make new maps dangit!!!!

#252 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostUncleclint, on 25 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

OK i have to admit, the times of the good old ubermoduled mechs are over but what the heck were they good for anyways?

And i have a crapton of mechs myself, ~120 i think it was. So there´ll be a lot to do for me until maybe christmas? Just have some patience with the skill tree guys, at first it really looks awful, but it´ll get better after a while and once you skilled the first 10 mechs through it´ll be a walk in the park for you to work on the rest. Just don´t try to have em all fixed at day 1, take your time.

I liked them moduled as they where.

and with a few hundred not just barely over hundred i would have to twiddle with this stuff for years.
wait. i already did that once.

let me tell you one thing: when your on the deathbed, you cant buy lifetime for MC, C-Bills or USD. And that precious, irreplaceable current "lifetime" they are throwing away. I am not handling well people who throw away MY lifetime. I want to do that myself, wherever and however i decide to.

#253 scadateck

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 55 posts
  • LocationIn the NOC

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

For me it's only partly the skill tree. The time needed, respec cost and forced node selections are all annoying, but certainly not show-stoppers.

The thing that's getting me is how pointless it is to play - with the population demolition that's happened the game is basically professional/hardcore only now. Premades or bust I guess....

#254 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Mechwarrior 4's upgrade and mech design system was somewhat similar. You had a limited amount of tonnage which you could allocate to armor, electronics, and of course weapons, engine power, and heat sinks.

This tree reminds me of that in a sense...

Sorry guys, but you have to adapt to survive. If not, if pointing and clicking and 'sucking it up' is too much for you, well, hell, there's always the Uninstall button. XD

Edited by Commander A9, 25 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#255 BAT-21

Rookie

• The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Sorry guys, but you have to adapt to survive. If not, if pointing and clicking and 'sucking it up' is too much for you, well, hell, there's always the Uninstall button. XD

You have reason, I've solved: I play Hawken now

Edited by BAT6020, 25 May 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#256 RaaFFC

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

After this i hope you will not ruin MW5 with those kind of features. The so called Skill Tree decreases just any value you gain by wasting it in this tree.

#257 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

View Postvermitor, on 25 May 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

and i dont even know where to begin on my warhammers for faction
Not sure what exact builds you're running on yours, but if it helps any, this is what I arrived at with my WHM-6D (superstock: 2xPPC, 6xML, max armor, STD300); http://imgur.com/a/Gj7mC . There's some min/maxing going on with it, but probably can be done better especially WRT Survival tree (it's a generic setup right now, taking into account the actual HP buffs produced by investment into Armor and Structure nodes might let you find a more optimal node investment)

#258 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

Yo if anybody from PGI is reading this, (and if the whiners even concern you) you have to think of one thing: The whiners are here on the forums, most people that have fun are in-game and playing^^ Many more are playing Posted Image

(Seriously stop whining people)

Edited by Bonzai VI, 26 May 2017 - 04:53 AM.

#259 Whiskey Peddler

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

Love this...

#260 Venshaw Kerensky

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

R.I.P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users