• Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostrazenWing, on 28 June 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Technically, a lot of things in this game can be considered broken as hell, but this retardation is beyond believe.

Remember back 3 months ago when I predicted that Stealth Armor would be the most broken OP shat ever, and 75% of the people were like, "nah, there would be some sort of balance"

Nope.

Just watched theb33f ran around for 2 minutes straight with no heat buildup. ZERO. NONE. Yup, no need to ever turn it off.

And then, I watched theb33f used a Javalin with 6 RL20 launchers and erased an assault mech.

Put 2 and 2 together... and this is probably the most ******** combination ever that will break all kind of game play.

Still don't get it? Let me explain. MWO is not a 1v1 game (until Solaris), so inherently, the ability to do a 1 for 1 trade is NOT equal. Using 1 Javalin to trade an Atlas, for example, is like using a Rook to trade the Queen.

Worst yet, the Rook is not being traded per se. Because in Comp Play, there is only one competitive mode, which is Conquest. So you get these forever stealth Rook going around trading off every Queen, Knight, Castle, Bishop on the board.

It's not too hard when the game is your Queen Knight and Bishop vs 3 Rooks. (And keep in mind, your 2-3 rooks are still running around capping all the freaking points in unstoppable rampage)

But throw all that theoretical super meta strat aside, WHY THE FOK DID PGI INVENTED A RETALIATION-FREE MECHANICS WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE OF FOKING UP ONE PERSON'S DAY? It's like in every game, 1 to multiple people is going to be unhappy. There's no other way to explain this.

And this is not even a Direstar situation. This is eligible on so many mechs. (And also, Direstar is a piece of trash that require a 10 armor Direwolf to function, and the fact that trading 100 tons away for anything is at best even but WORSE in almost every case. At best, you traded your Queen for a Queen, but most of the time... DON'T TRADE YOUR QUEEN FOR A BISHOP/KNIGHT/ROOK, it's BAD strat).

Why PGI? Why did you do this? Cause you know... just randomly making a selected few individual pissed off at your game for no raisen every drop is a great way to keep a dwindling population...

Jesus...

I just tested it for my video coming out tomorrow and if you move it adds heat. So from what I saw is that your at zero heat if you just sit there and if moving gains about 1 heat every 3-5 seconds, and if you fire a weapon you also wont be able to dissipate your heat so you have to turn it off in order to lose the heat or you will just gain heat on a epic scale...

I dont know what you saw with heat but the game mechanics are there. I myself dont know what I will do with Stealth armor yet but will come up with something..

#42 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostOldbob10025, on 28 June 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I just tested it for my video coming out tomorrow and if you move it adds heat. So from what I saw is that your at zero heat if you just sit there and if moving gains about 1 heat every 3-5 seconds, and if you fire a weapon you also wont be able to dissipate your heat so you have to turn it off in order to lose the heat or you will just gain heat on a epic scale...

I dont know what you saw with heat but the game mechanics are there. I myself dont know what I will do with Stealth armor yet but will come up with something..

I haven't tested it but looks like it might gain heat depending on the temperature of the map. Maybe theb33f was on a cold map.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 June 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#43 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 28 June 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

I haven't tested it but looks like it might gain heat depending on the temperature of the map. Maybe theb33f was on a cold map.

That could be as I was making the video on River City so might be a issue i'll have to test that

#44 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

How many can you fit in a suicide catapult I wonder, enough to kill 2 or 3 mechs?

Wait what am I saying, if it can't travel 150kph AND deal 200+ damage alpha splats, why would anyone bother? Posted Image

2 strikes and some 80-160 rockets. Yeah that is definitely enough. Man I was worried about light ppcs lol, this is just going to be madness.

Everyone ready for 150+ kph suicide deathmatching? You better be. :P

#45 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Eh RL is "ok", since the damage xfer is 40% instead of 100%, all it means is that you sac one side or a leg if you got JJ's, if your so fat that you aren't able to do this then you nominally have enough oomph that you can gib the light (2x gauss hit). RL's do more than 1 damage because like other ammo weapons it got buffed to compensate double armor, ofc this might get lowered to 1.5 if it seems too good. B33f's javelin looks fun, but he probably would do better in his flamer nova which can infinitely do it's troll.

#46 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 28 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

If you get to Diddle distance, calc rear structure and add 5 armor

Exactly what I was thinking, could call it "the Diddler". Load up 3 - 4 lasers + 2 - 3 RLs, fire one RL + lasers into enemy rear ct.

If done right you could one shot 3 mechs and still be able to contribute.

Edited by TheArisen, 28 June 2017 - 09:51 PM.

#47 P10k56

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

Maybe PGI finally nerf lights to not be more resistant then Assaults while in hyprespace.

#48 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

OK, so you can one-shot an assault with a light and after that you're useless..

But let's say you bring 12 of those lights on your first wave in FP, they kill most assaults, and then you bring 12 more on second and third wave..

Cose' you know, you can bring more than just one light per dropdeck.. would make for a very frustrating one-shot kill style play.. not good.

#49 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Fun fact: The RL120 Javelin has an alpha strike of 210 damage.

I told you guys not to add Rocket Launchers. You should've listened. You could have prevented this...

PGI has overcompensated for the RL in terms of damage. It just needs a +20-25% damage increase from TT values, not 75-100% Posted Image

#50 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

Rocket launchers in Scouting mode will be a thing. The Bushwacker is already king of scouting, and the ability to take some short ranged weapons and then fill out the missile points with RL's for an early knockout blow with guns to fall back on will happen.

#51 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

Couldn't test RLs due to horrible hit reg. Ghost Heat might be used to balance them if they are as OP as people say.

#52 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

View PostP10k56, on 28 June 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Maybe PGI finally nerf lights to not be more resistant then Assaults while in hyprespace.

Stop aiming with a joystick.

#53 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

Finally something interesting. Finally something will start happening. Finally. Posting this as Clan loyalist and I want more of this strong IS stuff.

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 29 June 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#54 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

Played around with the ARC-5W last night and built it with 6 RL20 and 3 MRM10. Made two Groups of 3 RL20s to a button and then we played on Crimson. Kept their team from advancing out of the tunnel with MRMs then we moved in and 1 salvo stripped a mech and another salvo stripped a different mech and made things pretty easy at that point. Second game on Crimson and we're fighting by the buildings by the ocean and this time I nail a fairly fresh mech with both volleys and he goes down. Still had MRMs to fall back on so I wasn't out of the game myself. Not sure what to make of it, in a 4v4 that is absolutely devastating to the enemy team. In a 12v12, maybe not soo much, but still, losing a player to a RL120 barrage probably means there needs to be more balancing.

#55 joergen

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

RL120 Javelin has an effective alpha of ~90 DMG
Tested on PTS.

Seems like they are either bugged or depending on tube-count. As there are a lot of mechs with enough structure and armor suicide-rocketeering isn't a great plan to start with...

#56 WhineyThePoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

Ok, never ever bring stealth tech to pug play. When in stealth you lose your blue little doohickey that your friends use to identify you. You also disappear from friendly radar. Friendly fire will probably kill you before the enemy does.
You will also run on passive sensors only, so no red doritos either, watch your own fire.

Regarding the heat, you will not disperse any heat with stealth on, the armor itself does not add any heat. But if you are in a hot environment, well you are in trouble.
This also means that you wont show up on heat vision, since your mech is the same heat the the map.

#57 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

View PostWhineyThePoo, on 29 June 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

Ok, never ever bring stealth tech to pug play. When in stealth you lose your blue little doohickey that your friends use to identify you. You also disappear from friendly radar. Friendly fire will probably kill you before the enemy does.
You will also run on passive sensors only, so no red doritos either, watch your own fire.

Yeah, I'm not sure WHY they chose to do that. At least mark your own team at all times.

#58 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

Stalker 5M with murms and rockets just plain brutal.
Tried it last night plz nerf.

#59 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 28 June 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Really? Not from what I saw on theb33f's stream. He literally had it on and ran around for 2 minutes with no heat buildup.

So one of you guys are not playing the right game. Also, watch what b33f did, you can literally do what I described with all those restrictions you mentioned.

If you're talking about B33f using it then you must've not tested it yourself.

Twitch streamers usually leaves a recording of their streams, if you would link to the video it'll make you case more believable.

But testing for myself there are far more cons to stealth armor than pros, anyone that tested it will tell you the same issues that I listed.

#60 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

Its not going to be that big of a deal. People freak out to much.You can oneshot mechs now with a dire start and almost no one does it.

but a direstar has actual downsides like being the slowest mech in the game

its not fast with stealth armor

so its not really the same thing. the problem with rocket launchers is they give you a level of firepower that shouldnt be obtainable on lighter mechs.

Edited by Khobai, 29 June 2017 - 08:12 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users