325 replies to this topic

#321 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone everywhere a GG forever and ever until the end of time.

#322 Soapy Squirrel

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

as a squirrel id just like to say 1 small thing here,,,,

while we have covered those that think gg is an insult,
those that think it is just being friendly
that one person that thinks its rude cus no-one can possibly know that in a video game where it is generally accepted that gg means good game seems to still think its impossible to know that it means that without typing more then just good game and that it shows no actual thought went into it,, wow alot of typing there to make 1 person happy,,,, wont do that again,,,,
we have forgotten about to mention that group of aholes that actually say it to be mean, rude, tards etc,,
i just wanted to point out that we have been lacking in acknowledging said group exists, no matter how small a population they are, i would hate to think we forgot about them,,,

ohh and im still offended by anyone offended by gg,,
so gg everyone

#323 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

GG can be bad manners depending on who says it.

If a winning team said "gg" in professional CS or Starcraft (at least before it died) BEFORE the loser or guy losing said it, it would be incredibly bad mannered.

A winning team saying "gg" is BM in MWO as far as I'm concerned, unless someone from the losing team says it first. Basic internet etiquette. The best thing for someone who just won to do is shut up until the other side says gg. If they had a bad emotional reaction to the loss, then shoving it in their face is douchery

Edited by waterfowl, 22 July 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#324 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

I find its usually pretty easy to tell who is saying it out of appreciation and who is trolling/complaining.

As for myself I generally try to take the time out to actually give a review. "Good effort, almost had us!" or "Great fight all, could have gone either way.", "We opened you all up but couldn't put any of you down, good fight" something like that.

#325 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

My gripe is when people say "gg" on a match that was anything but good. Oh look, the other team just won 12-3... yeah that's a good game alright. It just sounds sarcastic and insincere.

It's already frustrating on a team that refuses to work together, refuses to use terrain, and refuses to play with even a small amount of skill. Then to see someone on the other team try to congratulate on having a decent match... it's just wrong.

Save the congratulations for the matches when it's due. Just saying "gg" regardless of the outcome is poor form and gloating rather than respect.

#326 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostBurning2nd, on 21 July 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

you guys are wasting valuable internet space

Meh! I think Facebook and Twitter are orders of magnitude bigger waste.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users