98 replies to this topic

#1 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

With the implementation of the new weapon systems it appears that there is a good balance happening and therefore suggest that the time has come to up the tonnage limit for Clans back to what they were.

Also, bring back the crow for scouting..

#2 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

Yes. Yes. Yes. Uh Huh. Yes.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

tonnage should be 250 for clans and 260 for IS

and it should be 55 tons in scout mode

#4 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

260 clan vs 280 IS so i can run 4 ebj 2 lpl 6 med and 4 grashopper 5h with 3 lpl 4 ermed Posted Image that or no deal Posted Image

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

To be honest I think the balance is pretty good at the current tonnages.

(I alternate Clan and IS.)

The single biggest factor in winning FP matches continues to be teamwork.

#6 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Dunno ...
Actual i somewhat liked the lower tonnage for forcing out of the box thinking and sharper play, it somewhat honed the skills.

#7 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostDark Wooki33 IIC, on 24 July 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Dunno ...
Actual i somewhat liked the lower tonnage for forcing out of the box thinking and sharper play, it somewhat honed the skills.

I kinda like the Clan tonnage where it's at as well for the same reasons....but idk.

I think they should come down on IS tonnage some. Just to cut down on the assault spam....

#8 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 24 July 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I kinda like the Clan tonnage where it's at as well for the same reasons....but idk.

I think they should come down on IS tonnage some. Just to cut down on the assault spam....

One or the other..

#9 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostDark Wooki33 IIC, on 24 July 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Dunno ...

out of the box thinking isnt really affected tonnage but the player/team personality themself.
I front loading my deck most time because 4th mech rarely deciding factor so as long i can spam 3 ebj/grashopper doesnt affect my general playstyle be it 240 or 265 tonnage.

#10 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 July 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

One or the other..

My pick then:
Leave Clan where it is

Drop IS tonnage to 250...they can still field plenty of assaults wave 1 (if they want) at that weight

See how that goes and adjust if necessary.

#11 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

Clan limit of 240t would be just fine if Clans had a 20t mech to choose. Don't like that tonnage raise up because u see it on IS side, 3-4 mechs are most of the time heavys and that's boring.

#12 Kill Chain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 July 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

With the implementation of the new weapon systems it appears that there is a good balance happening and therefore suggest that the time has come to up the tonnage limit for Clans back to what they were.

Also, bring back the crow for scouting..

If balance is happening, why would we F with tonnage to unbalance it when it finally seems balanced? Also there were already 2 other threads like this on this page.

#13 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostKill Chain, on 24 July 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

If balance is happening, why would we F with tonnage to unbalance it when it finally seems balanced? Also there were already 2 other threads like this on this page.

I guess i'm seeing it as IS being overpowered compared to clan atm..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 July 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#14 DANKnuggz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

I'm just tired of watching clan teams lose while they do 50-100% more dmg than the enemy team simply because they just cannot bring the IS down fast enough due to all the extra tonnage either given outright in the drop deck size or in the form of all the ghost armor and structure... Its gone beyond boring and even with this event going I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to participate in FP.

Russ even stated that the extra drop deck tonnage was due to where the skilled players choose to play NOT because of any tech disparity. The 25 tons is merely a handicap bonus given to IS so their less skilled players can compete with people who they're not really good enough to compete against. Its also designed to make playing IS more appealing to mercs. It however does NOTHING to balance the actual game mechanics themselves as it is purely based on where the skill lies.

#15 Kill Chain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostDANKnuggz, on 24 July 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm just tired of watching clan teams lose while they do 50-100% more dmg than the enemy team simply because they just cannot bring the IS down fast enough due to all the extra tonnage either given outright in the drop deck size or in the form of all the ghost armor and structure... Its gone beyond boring and even with this event going I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to participate in FP.

Russ even stated that the extra drop deck tonnage was due to where the skilled players choose to play NOT because of any tech disparity. The 25 tons is merely a handicap bonus given to IS so their less skilled players can compete with people who they're not really good enough to compete against. Its also designed to make playing IS more appealing to mercs. It however does NOTHING to balance the actual game mechanics themselves as it is purely based on where the skill lies.

Earlier I was looking at the war log and there were a bunch more IS wins to clan, then I played a match (clan won) and looked again and now Clan have the most victories with 3 IS wins, now I looked again and it's an even 5-5, things finally feel balanced to me. Also I believe people are misusing that quote and I believe there are equally skilled players on both sides that if you switched, suddenly the IS players in the clan mechs would seem like the more "skilled players" simply due to the superior tech.

#16 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

The only change that I think is needed is a reduction of tonnage for both sides but truth be told balancing seems pretty good right now so maybe leave it alone.

Edited by Chagatay, 24 July 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#17 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

I think the tonnage limit for clan and is should be set to min 80 max 400 and I scouting 20-100.

Then let the team's build whatever tactic they choose.

#18 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

View PostKarl Marlow, on 24 July 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I think the tonnage limit for clan and is should be set to min 80 max 400 and I scouting 20-100.

Then let the team's build whatever tactic they choose.

Lol, bad idea is bad, every drop would be 4 flavor of the month assaults, get boring real quick and even worse for the pugglets who cant reliably field a fully mastered drop deck.

#19 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

I still think that a minor buff and nerf for either side would be the best.

Clans should be upped by 5 Tons to 245 Drop Deck tonnage and IS nerfed by 5 tons...
That way Clan would have more flexibility to set up their dropdecks and IS will get the deserved tonnage nerf, without to nerf them too much. Win-Rates and also Merc population should be further monitored and tonnages may have to get adjusted once more...

It would be also helpful if PGI would release a 20 Tons Clan Light Mech, because sometimes you sit there in front of the screen and think that you have 5 tons over-weight for this deck."****, the Mist Lynx is still to heavy. PGI gimme a 20 tons Mech!"

Edited by Hanky Spam, 24 July 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#20 Dead Tom Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

I think that Russ quote is wildly overused and anyone who played knew it was wrong or taken out of context. I do believe now with the new tech the tonnage can be evened up. Either dropping IS tonnage to 240 or bringing them both to 250. I would prefer the 240 amount as it makes the average 60 tons and when someone brings an assault it will have more impact on the field.

I do worry at this weight range that clan still has the best mediums in the nova, huntsman, and hunchback iic. IS mediums really aren't comparable to those 3. I worry that many of the IS pugs will be building really terrible stuff and the new tech just makes this more likely as they have more options to build stupid mechs.

Ohh and strikes need to be limited to 1 per mech and have lowered damage. Its getting dumb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users