#161 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 26 July 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

I've been here since before the Clan Invasion, I've got some idea of all the issues that have been around for the last few years. I'm not here to defend PGI, but rather trying to rally people behind a cause so we can finally see some progress related to it.

I never commented on how nice it is to work there and have no idea why that was brought up. I only wanted to point out that we have had some solid improvements over the last year despite all the issues they have yet to address.

Right now I'm hoping that people start voicing their demands for FP to be improved and that they demand it happens before any other distractions like Solaris. We've got a reasonably solid core game play stabilized now, balance is close enough that it only needs tweaks... now is the time for FP to get the stories, logistics, politics, etc. that it was promised so long ago.

I don't want to be stuck in the distant past and all of PGI's blunders, I've read thousands of posts about that already. What I want is to see if we can get enough of the community to help Russ and Co. start prioritizing atmospheric improvement and FP in particular. It's about time we got some immersion and story there.

with the Rework of the old maps ,im hoping thats this now a new Way and PGi seeing the errors ,and has new Folks with enought Time for work and Experience ...now im seeing the same badly animations of the madcat MKII , like the bad animation form the direwolf 2014 , the same bad 3d model from the uziel like the direwolf converted from the great Alex Concept ...its 1 step foreward, and tree steps back...the new Tech ,its like the new tech in TT and by MW4 Mektek ,is avaible and useable , little toys, no a Great factor for the basicgame ,what has many problems

-spawnbugs in FW
-Hitreg
-Serverlags-
Forumsoftware
-minimapdesign
-FPS Drops,
-DCs
-Performance problems
-Mechlab Bugs (like unlocked Decals locked)

New tech= new Battlefield with not clear the old...the new tech,Townhalls and the mech/month is like ...here my little Dog ,a little Flesh , now give silence and let me make further my own Dreams and Visons ...thats like a B-Movie serial with a new monster in the Month and no new and interesting story ..
.the same simple Story over and over and over
the solaris maps now since March 2016 in the Feedback Tread ,and now ...founding for Solaris Mode ?
The energy,manpower and Creativity is in other aspects a better investment ,as in a Mech /month

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 26 July 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#162 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

View Postlol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol, on 25 July 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Something not copyrighted by Harmony Gold.

Which is any mech. They don't have the rights to any mechs.

#163 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 26 July 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

Which is any mech. They don't have the rights to any mechs.

Like that'll stop them.

I'm all for two mechs per "pack"

#164 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:32 AM

How about more maps?
Proper balance pass ... and not half-a##ed attempt that is being done all the time which is usually a broad sweep with a nerf bat.
This game needs meta shift like new tech more frequently than every few years. Even if it means you're only changing the numbers for stuff that already exists. This means you don't need to introduce new equipement, weaponry or tech. Adjust your numbers and how things work.
Loads of games that circle around players fighting each other are always adjusting numbers on very frequent basis (almost weekly basis in some cases), with carefully gathered data on how are things working for players. Taking feedback and weighting it against their own plans on where the game is suppose to go.

I'll give you a little hint PGI... PLAY YOUR OWN GODDAMN GAME. Because it constantly feels like you're not.

RAC's are nowhere near "being good" or "optimal performance" , etc. MRM's even 10's will always make 15-25% of the rockets miss even in point blank range. LAMS are waay too hot. maybe you should consider a different mechanic for LAMS. LAMS when turned on cuts your heat threshold/bar by 5-10% while its working. So instead of 0% when you are not doing anything you are at constant 10% with LAMS ON. etc.

Basically we need a "need to do/fix list" like this :

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 26 July 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

-spawnbugs in FW
-Hitreg
-Serverlags-
Forumsoftware
-minimapdesign
-FPS Drops,
-DCs
-Performance problems
-Mechlab Bugs (like unlocked Decals locked)

Fix your goddamn game. You can only sell that many mech packs. Inevitability of people saying they don't need any more mechs... is ever looming.

My happy thought wish is : starting tomorrow 100% of MWO player base/community stops buying mech packs.
Nobody buys a single goddamn mech pack until they fix their game and deliver all of the things they promised from "soonTM" list. See what's gonna happen.

Either suddenly they fix their game and become creative.
or
crash and burn.

I'm afraid tho' the latter would happen. Given PGi history of updates that failed miserably, dart board balancing and stuff they did.

P.S. this post was loads longer, angrier ... but I figured what's the point. PGI doesn't look at their own game forum anyway. Doesn't give a single f#ck about community and avoids it like famine.
Russ - Twitter should not be the only way you are in touch with your community.
There wouldn't be no MWO community long time ago if it wasn't true that they would forgive you eventually. I know I won't. In my eyes your redemption would be a hard and arduous task. A long road full of hard work and constant proof that you actually care.... well care about the game.

#165 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

View Postlazytopaz, on 27 July 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

P.S. this post was loads longer, angrier ... but I figured what's the point. PGI doesn't look at their own game forum anyway. Doesn't give a single f#ck about community and avoids it like famine.

They do read the forum.

And a couple of my threads in GD have summoned devs to post.

#166 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

I'd like it best if they released one Clan and one IS mech every month, with a once/twice yearly themed 4 pack.

Drip feed the player base with mechs all year round, then suddenly BOOM! A Xin Sheng 4 pack unveiled around Mechcon.

#167 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

how about some game to play with the mechs we own

rather than mech packs doing the same stuff

again and again over and over again...

#168 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip