it's a "mature" product ...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#123 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Something not copyrighted by Harmony Gold.

#124 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Did you see Russ's tweet about FP population? He said that there are regularly about 1000 players daily and that the numbers are higher during the events. I'm not a statistics expert, but that seems like it's far from a ghost town. There's a lot of typed abuse of PGI's choices in how they set up matches, but they have to be at least mildly competent if the game is still running this long, even if they are leaving the most hyped mode as a skeleton.

I understand your frustration, but as long as the choice to PUG or find group is open to all, finding a group of guys to play with is going to be the only way to counter other people choosing to group up. Realistically, sorting players by skill an the filtering that by group size is the only practical way of trying to get more balanced matches. Otherwise it's open season for guys who are sync dropping or lone wolves switching to an all starch diet.

And here lies my basic beef about FW and the game in general. Many people call fights "matches" and not "battles". FW is not supposed to be eSports,

Edited by Mystere, 25 July 2017 - 05:24 PM.

#125 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

The preorder colors have been really nice. I'd like to see those stick around for a bit. I don't care much for the decals, personally-- I miss the c bill value of modules still.

One mech a month is perfectly reasonable, but I'd like to see some tonnage fillers. 20 tonner for clan, some new 60 and 80 tonners for both sides, etc. Areas that have very few options should get priority.

Also:

View PostFupDup, on 24 July 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'd like to be able to select which variant gets the special 30% C-Bill boost, because usually the variant that gets it sucks. :\

This! Huge opportunity to get more special mech orders right there.

#126 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Did you see Russ's tweet about FP population? He said that there are regularly about 1000 players daily and that the numbers are higher during the events. I'm not a statistics expert, but that seems like it's far from a ghost town. There's a lot of typed abuse of PGI's choices in how they set up matches, but they have to be at least mildly competent if the game is still running this long, even if they are leaving the most hyped mode as a skeleton.

I understand your frustration, but as long as the choice to PUG or find group is open to all, finding a group of guys to play with is going to be the only way to counter other people choosing to group up. Realistically, sorting players by skill an the filtering that by group size is the only practical way of trying to get more balanced matches. Otherwise it's open season for guys who are sync dropping or lone wolves switching to an all starch diet.

One should not be confusing PGI's competence with the player bases love of BTech. I can tell you now, if there was another BTech alternative run by another company that did things the way they should be done, PGI would be out of business.

#127 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

How about actual content.

#128 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

View Postpatataman, on 25 July 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I would support that kind of "map sale".

Or an early access model for maps. I want to think the population can still maintain two buckets... but maybe i'm wrong.

Or a modder pack with assets so creators can make maps. Actually this would be my first choice.

All i really know is that not making new maps is making the players bored. And that's never good for a game...

crappy idea ...and you will Play with Players ,thats not buy this Maps ? you buy a Car ,and buy the wheels extra and a street to drive it

Big problem for PGI is ...frustrating members thats leave the company ...the most Animators and Art evs from the first Day gone ...the most Members by PGI new ,and fast frustratetd by the "El presidente" style of The PGI Leading staff ...thats more like D.Trump leading PGI..Money make no Maps , no Animations ,No content ...thats peoples with experience ! from the Staff only 50% in the Jobsite Glassdoor.com say ...yes work by PGI..the most yer frustrated over the Leading Dev and his unrealistic Dreams
https://www.glassdoor.de/Bewertungen/Piranha-Games-Bewertungen-E144886.htm
now with the Problems by HG , can Russ say ...sorry ...HG the factor to cancel MW5 Posted Imageand can close the since 4.12.2016 dead MW5 sites by Twitter and Facebook

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 25 July 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#129 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 25 July 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

How about actual content.

you'll make more headway if you clarify with specifics.

and by headway i mean discussion by players on the forums. there's no way to get progress on a suggestion, in a single thread, in a single post, on the official forums instead of twitter =p

#130 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

The Leadership from PGI has is own Plan ,very differet from the other PGI members by the Workstations , and Players ;)...is today Jarhead Games with new Name

#131 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

One mech per month.

Other stuff I'd buy:
Alternate mech hangars. In mw2 each side had it's own hangar. I'd pay for alternate hangar cosmetics that sync with FW allegiance. For example, if you're allied to ghost bear in FW, then a kodiak patrols in the distance. Easter eggs for nerds.
Banners in the hangar. More places to use colors and decals.

Ultimate preference: mix and match hangar styles, locales, banner styles, technician jumpsuits, etc. Give us mechlab customization. It should be like a paperdoll with pieces we can swap. 3 hangars with 3 background locales for 9 possible combinations.

Hangar Styles: palatial, gritty, guerrilla, IS flavor military, clan flavor military, aircraft hangar, dropship, etc
Locales: city, desert, space, blizzard, forest, etc. There could be a battle happening like in starcraft 2.
Banners: basically like diablo 3. Different shapes and sizes.
Technicians: adding technicians would help sell the scale of the mechs. We need more human references. Let us edit the jumpsuits with colors and decals.

Creating a sense of scale needs to start in the mechlab. Have technicians walking around, holding clipboards, welding stuff. This is worth money to me.

#132 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

but PGI has to make money off it for it to be worth their while .

I don't think anyone would suggest that, PGI is a bussines and has to make money.

But at 250k $ per map, and with maps not being directly monetizeable, it is understandable that they want to save money on maps. The problem is that leads to a vicious circle:

Players get bored of playing the same maps over and over -> players are less likely to buy mech packs -> smaller budget for development -> players get bored.

#133 Tyroki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Of course when we say one mech per month, we're talking about a mech and it's variants, right?

#134 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:39 PM

View PostMystere, on 25 July 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

obviously "mature" from an economic point ov view. It is good for PGI to invest time and money on an old tech (cryengine)? It's like investing on a 10 years old car, a nonsense from an economic prospective, better saving for the new model.

Regarding the map development, the topic will be discussed on August Town Hall:

https://twitter.com/...095161027563521

#135 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

View PostAppogee, on 24 July 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

One a month.

BUT they have to work on maps, modes and FP in parallel.

I already have 280 Mechs. To keep supporting MWO, I want more GAME, not just more Mechs.

Nowhere near enough, given we've had none for 12 months. They need to catch up. One every two months for a year should do it.

I don't disagree at all, just doesn't seem likely.

#136 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 25 July 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

65 ton Griffin

You mean, like... a Super Griffin? http://www.sarna.net...i/Super_Griffin

Edited by Escef, 26 July 2017 - 01:12 AM.

#137 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

View Postfogsworth, on 25 July 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

... re-release the old mech bundles (e.g. clans) as single mech packs with the new $20/$40 pricing.

I think getting the clan heroes all out and releasing old school mastery bundles for them would adequately get the job done. Call me stuck up if you like, but I don't want people running around with a Mad Dog Prime(I) unless they have to jump through something akin to the financial hoops everyone that already has one did. As is, the only things rarer than a Mad Dog Prime(I) are Founders mechs and Sarah's Jenners.

#138 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

View Postpatataman, on 25 July 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

I don't think anyone would suggest that, PGI is a bussines and has to make money.

But at 250k $ per map, and with maps not being directly monetizeable, it is understandable that they want to save money on maps. The problem is that leads to a vicious circle:

Players get bored of playing the same maps over and over -> players are less likely to buy mech packs -> smaller budget for development -> players get bored.

when you only has high Prices Art Devs to make Maps and not Low Price Workers for Map Making or Feelancer ...thats PGI problems ..its like a Engineer by Crysler working by the Wheel Montage...Not the map cost , the Maker , and by 53 Member ..PGI has not big Crew...many Generals and no Soldiers and Sergeants

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 26 July 2017 - 02:18 AM.

#139 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 25 July 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

obviously "mature" from an economic point ov view. It is good for PGI to invest time and money on an old tech (cryengine)? It's like investing on a 10 years old car, a nonsense from an economic prospective, better saving for the new model.

Regarding the map development, the topic will be discussed on August Town Hall:

https://twitter.com/...095161027563521

The Cryengine is now in Version 5.3 and up to date (and very different in using to the Version 4), and PGI has 5 Years Problem to Find Guys with experience with the Cryengine ,many going to other Companys like Relic, What the Chance for PGI to find in short Time Guys with Experience with the UE4?that not working better in greater Companys with gamingexperience
and by dynamic Lightning, Outdoor Enviroment and Level design is the Cryengine better as the UE4. both have Strong and weak factors and the Unreal Engine is self over 10 Years old

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 26 July 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#140 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 26 July 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

The Cryengine is now in Version 5.3 and up todate , and PGI has 5 Years Problem sto Find Guys with experience with the Cryengine ,many going to other Companys like Relic, What the Chance for pGI to find Guys with Experience with the UE4?and by dynamic Lighning and Game design is the Cryengine better as the UE4

Well, as far as I know PGI is using UE for they're next title, Mechwarrior V, so I hope for them that they found some good dev(s) with the right skill. However, my point is not about UE being better than Cryengine. My point is that if PGI does not "modernize" MWO, upgrading its engine (with latest version of Cryengine or EU or something else) , I found it difficult to belive that they will invest huge amount of time and resources on the game. Again, will you invest for major improvements on technology that does not run well on recent gaming rigs? That has no support for VRs, etc?

Edited by invernomuto, 26 July 2017 - 02:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users