Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Two words: URBIE TWOSEE!

#82 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

A 'mech a month is currently winning 80% to 20% with 580 votes.

#83 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

well if we want maps and possibly some better gamemodes

and pgi wants monies

pgi should do a map kickstarter for monies

otherwise pgi isnt making money off adding new maps to the game

so kinda like what they did with the phoenix packs, where they sell mech packs, and if they sell enough of the mechpacks we get additional rewards like new maps or gamemodes for each threshold that we achieve

Edited by Khobai, 25 July 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#84 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Flea, Fire Moth, Chimera and Vulture Mk II OR Mad Dog II. 2 x IS and 2 x Clan

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flea

Posted Image

Remember this naughty teaser, PGI. Its about time now. Flea is a comeback mech like a few others the IS havent seen in years, brought back by Wolf's Dragoons themself.

https://mwomercs.com...lemech-16-flea/

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Chimera

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net...e_Moth_(Dasher)

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net...d_Dog_(Vulture)
  • The MechWarrior 4 series actually showed the Medium Pulse Lasers in a chin rack, the results are the moving of the Medium Pulse Lasers into the Center Torso, this model is called the Mad Dog Mk II (Vulture Mk II) by the online BattleTech Community.
  • The canon status of the Mad Dog Mk II (Vulture Mk II) was confirmed by the Lead Developer in a ruling on the official forum on 21 Aug 2013:
“ ...The bottom line: The Mk. II is functionally identical to the original; it merely differs cosmetically. ” — Herbert Beas, Line Developer, 21-Aug-2013

Posted Image

NOT to be confused with the 75 ton below

http://www.sarna.net...Dog_II_(MekTek)

Posted Image

Most of all, I would finally rest if I get the Flea.

Posted Image

So yeah 4 mechs a months. Waiting months for just a single mechs is hard. And since 2 or 3 mechs a month isnt an option...
But please, improve the quality for each of the 4 and its configs/ variants. *Cough certain walking animations*

And for maps. Pure city maps with some outskirts and alot of brawling. If there would ever be map packs.

Edited by Tordin, 25 July 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#85 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

I will tell you what I don't want.
$20 standard mech pack that lets you play new standard mechs a few months early...

#86 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 July 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

well if we want maps and possibly some better gamemodes

and pgi wants monies

pgi should do a map kickstarter for monies

otherwise pgi isnt making money off adding new maps to the game

so kinda like what they did with the phoenix packs, where they sell mech packs, and if they sell enough of the mechpacks we get additional rewards like new maps or gamemodes for each threshold that we achieve

I would support that kind of "map sale".

Or an early access model for maps. I want to think the population can still maintain two buckets... but maybe i'm wrong.

Or a modder pack with assets so creators can make maps. Actually this would be my first choice.

All i really know is that not making new maps is making the players bored. And that's never good for a game...

#87 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

I say;
Crusader, Longbow, Valkyrie, Wasp, Stinger, and a giant middle finger to Harmony Gold.

#88 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

All i really know is that not making new maps is making the players bored. And that's never good for a game...

of course

but PGI has to make money off it for it to be worth their while too

so the only way to get PGI to make maps is to tie it into the sale of mechpacks with a kickstarter type thing

so as long as people keep buying mechpacks were guaranteed to get new content

Or a modder pack with assets so creators can make maps. Actually this would be my first choice.

pgi cant really make money off that though

theyd have to charge a fortune for the modding tools/assets

because theyd have to have to pay people to go through all the custom maps to make sure they meet PGI's standards

its not really worth it. if you wanna make maps for PGI then send in a resume.

With 60 or so employees, PGI's operating costs are probably at least 5 million a year. they have to sell a lot of !@#$ing mechpacks. lets say an average of $35 a mechpack thats like 150,000-200,000 mechpacks just to break even.

The whole mechpack thing seems pretty unsustainable to me.

Maybe they should start selling hats and moustaches and other mech apparel. Theyd make way more money off that than mechpacks.

Edited by Khobai, 25 July 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#89 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

I prefer to FIX mechs that NEED FIXING then release them. Say....Dire Wolfs? Just sayin.

#90 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

If we're just gonna ask for specifics...

implement melee + http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Jade_Hawk

*warm and fuzzys* there is nothing like mech on mech violence. Especially close quarters, melee mech on mech violence. mmmm

#91 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

I prefer to FIX mechs that NEED FIXING then release them. Say....Dire Wolfs? Just sayin.

well sure wed all prefer PGI to fix things like that

but PGI doesnt make money off it

thats why the direwolf hasnt been fixed in ages

it wouldve affected madcat MK2 sales if the direwolf was actually a good mech. direwolf is the only other mech that can do what deathstrike does, so if the direwolf was good, people wouldnt need deathstrike. as it stands deathstrike is arguably the best or at least the second best clan assault right now. so its a hot selling mechpack.

the problem with keeping mechpacks remotely sustainable is that they have to powercreep them. so they cant improve the old mechs and still powercreep the new mechpacks. deathstrike had to be better than the direwolf or people wouldnt buy it.

Edited by Khobai, 25 July 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#92 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 25 July 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

New maps and making Community Warfare better.

I have enough mechs already but I can buy a few more if the above is happening alongside mech releases.

Everyone mentions the needed improvements, but until we can get people posting about ideas on how to make it more interesting and make a very loud mob demanding FP improvement, it will keep getting passed over. I've been the singular ******* who is spamming questions about Faction Specific Mechs and PGI's thoughts on improving immersion and depth in FP during town halls and other broadcasts for over a year now, but those questions have always been passed over because there aren't enough people demanding an answer compared to those who are upset over stupid things like drop zone walls or choosing drop points (legitimate concerns, but really quite small when we are talking about a game mode that is supposed to be a political, dynamic, story created by the players).

If we could get the frustration over FP's stagnation turned into dozens of threads and more vocal demands for information regarding their plans, timelines, and our expectations of FP, we'd finally start to get some results.

#93 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,885 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Everyone mentions the needed improvements, but until we can get people posting about ideas on how to make it more interesting and make a very loud mob demanding FP improvement, it will keep getting passed over. I've been the singular ******* who is spamming questions about Faction Specific Mechs and PGI's thoughts on improving immersion and depth in FP during town halls and other broadcasts for over a year now, but those questions have always been passed over because there aren't enough people demanding an answer compared to those who are upset over stupid things like drop zone walls or choosing drop points (legitimate concerns, but really quite small when we are talking about a game mode that is supposed to be a political, dynamic, story created by the players).

If we could get the frustration over FP's stagnation turned into dozens of threads and more vocal demands for information regarding their plans, timelines, and our expectations of FP, we'd finally start to get some results.

I think you are right. Unfortunately, I think so much damage was done to FP by phase 3 and maybe even more so, by Russ's utter indifference and then erroneous interpretation of the complaints against it, that many once ardent fans and players of FP have lost all hope of it being any more than it is.

Edited by Bud Crue, 25 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#94 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

if PGI needs a new revenue stream, adding external cosmetic items would be a good start

hats, moustaches, flippers, tutus, etc... basically whatever ridiculous !@#$ed up thing I wanna make my mech wear

"BUT KHOBAI THAT RUINS THE INTEGRITY OF THE FRANCHISE"

yeah I think were well beyond that point already. lol.

#95 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,537 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

theyd have to charge a fortune for the modding tools/assets

because theyd have to have to pay people to go through all the custom maps to make sure they meet PGI's standards

its not really worth it.

Pretty sure the three level designers they have could do that instead of trying to create new maps that are a just ball of meh. Modding tools aren't really necessary afaik since Cryengine maps can be created, all that would be needed is the necessary assets.

#96 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Pretty sure the three level designers they have could do that instead of trying to create new maps that are a just ball of meh. Modding tools aren't really necessary afaik since Cryengine maps can be created, all that would be needed is the necessary assets.

modding tools likely are necessary because im sure pgi uses their own plugins and what not. and thered have to be some kindve basic tutorial on making maps for MWO. youd also need to bundle together all the art assets. its not really free for PGI to put something like that together.

and youd still have to hire/pay someone to make sure the maps meet pgi standards. like what if someone makes a bridge thats too low for taller mechs to walk under. or has areas where mechs can get stuck. or any number of other issues. the map isnt usable if it has issues like that.

PGI is just not making money off that idea. its a blackhole.

like I said. external cosmetic items is where the moneys at.

Edited by Khobai, 25 July 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#97 fogsworth

• PipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

One mech a month an re-release the old mech bundles (e.g. clans) as single mech packs with the new $20/$40 pricing.

#98 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Here is one improvement they can add which will fix most FP issues.
Absolute no Premades VS. PuG not even a 3 VS. 12 PuG.
I refuse and will forever refuse to play FP so long premades exist and most people think this way.
That's why Quickmatches are most popular ingame it's fair.

Edited by Abisha, 25 July 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#99 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 25 July 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

I think you are right. Unfortunately, I think so much damage was done to FP by phase 3 and maybe even more so, by Russ's utter indifference and then erroneous interpretation of the complaints against it, that many once ardent fans and players of FP have lost all hope of it being any more than it is.

I'm going to do my part by digging through some of my old ideas and creating updated threads along with a master thread with links to solid ideas. I hope that people will start pitching in and that rather than just tear ideas a part that we could start improving on those original suggestions and come up with a few that the community would really like to get behind.

There is so much potential in FP and all that really needs to be done is to create a few "scenarios" that set different restrictions on the mechs we can bring (i.e. a quick strike scenario where we still have 4 waves, but there is a 180 ton weight limit, or mediums and lighter only or heavy/ assault mech requirement... something to shake things up). Even if we are stuck using the same game modes, just changing the rules for what mechs we can bring will bring huge variety to the standard 4 wave grind we always see. I'd also like to see weekly FP missions options in which there are 2 or 3 objectives to choose from and depending on if we fail, meet, or exceed those expectations, we get rewarded/punished for that outcome. It's not even an in battle feature and that alone would give people some sort of end point beyond converting dot colors.

#100 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,537 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 July 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

modding tools likely are necessary because im sure pgi uses their own plugins and what not. and thered have to be some kindve basic tutorial on making maps for MWO. youd also need to bundle together all the art assets. its not really free for PGI to put something like that together.

They don't have to make tutorials or anything, pretty sure the MW4 community developed a lot of that on their own without any developer help outside of the MW4 map editor tool which came with no help surrounding it. They really shouldn't have to do much.

and youd still have to hire/pay someone to make sure the maps meet pgi standards. like what if someone makes a bridge thats too low for taller mechs to walk under. or has areas where mechs can get stuck. or any number of other issues. the map isnt usable if it has issues like that.

They don't even do that with their own maps.....and again, they have 3 level designers they can get rid or change to level play-testers to ensure they are of at least similar quality.

PGI is just not making money off that idea.

Not directly sure, but maps are just as important as mechs or tech at making the game feel fresh and should not be left behind like they have been the past year or really the entire development period for MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users