• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

Mech a month, and hopefully a map a month

Edited by Coolant, 25 July 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#62 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

I would prefer a Scorpion in my mechpacks, but that's just me.

#63 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

I would prefer 2 mechs a month. One IS and one Clan. Not all of us swap around all willy nilly. Course if it takes two month to deliver, you're still waiting two months.

#64 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Slow down on mech bundles. Mech a month was fine. You just need to bring back/bring in interested players. More maps. Even just switch up the drop zones more often so people don't always fight on the same section of the map. Clean up the existing maps so there is less terrain clipping. Fix things. You fix things, more players will come back. More players come back, you'll sell more existing mechs.

#65 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Russ - Locust IIC and Centurion IIC please.

That is all.

#66 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Fix the problems with the game.

#67 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

View PostMystere, on 25 July 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

At the same time I'm disgusted that people are actually salivating at the prospect of more Mechs rather than asking for game improvements -- major game improvements -- instead for this still skeleton of a game after 5 long years. <smh>

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and trusting their claim that the work on new mechs has no impact on the rest of their development processes.

New mechs are nice, but we really need more substance to the game, especially in FP. I have been trying to get a simple response to a number of suggestions during multiple town halls, live broadcasts, forums, etc. (I even made a twitter account today in the hopes that it may finally lead to at least a "yes or no" answer.)

We need things like a political atmosphere (use lore influenced ideas to set up a multiple week struggle between groups of factions), logistical challenges (incentivizing use of lower weight drop decks, specific mechs based on tech and c-bill rewards/penalties for capturing of key planets/facilities), and Faction character (things like faction specific mechs, maybe even quirks, to help differentiate factions beyond a sticker from their tech tree).

We need to know what they are actually working on in FP and when we can expect to see them. I've been waiting for the "events" they mentioned for since before the newest FP update and not so much as tweet as been made to give us insight into what should have happened months ago.

I'm more than happy to pay for new mechs that I like, but I am coming to the point where I need to know if they are going to finally give us more substance to what was supposed to be a robust, interesting, and immersive experience before I continue to financially support a game that is trying to sell me on the conquest of colored dots on a map. Planetary conquest/defense objectives with game influencing rewards/consequences alone would be a substantial improvement, but if it were to be coupled with Faction Specific Mechs and a few sentences of story explaining why our faction is so motivated to get those planets and matches with varying drop deck weight availability, we would be looking at an incredibly more interesting game that would encourage more people to invest money, simply because they could finally invest their interest in a dynamic story they are creating!

#68 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 25 July 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and trusting their claim that the work on new mechs has no impact on the rest of their development processes.

I'm of the view that "work on new mechs has no impact on the rest of their development processes" is only true because not much of the latter is actually happening.

Having said that, I must admit that I temporarily got weak-kneed with the release of the K-9. Those things are so cute I got two of them. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 25 July 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#69 Selous

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

Mech a month with banked premium time. Flipping IS and Clan if possible.

As for maps, is there any reason they can't take the CW maps and allow them on Pug for at least a few game modes? I don't play CW but would love to have those maps in Pugs.

#70 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostMystere, on 25 July 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Worried? Not me. In fact, at times, I am wishing it just happens like a sledgehammer on china.

At the same time I'm disgusted that people are actually salivating at the prospect of more Mechs rather than asking for game improvements -- major game improvements -- instead for this still skeleton of a game after 5 long years. <smh>

This honestly wouldn't have been an issue if their previous mechpacks released in some kind of logical order. Take a look at how the classic IS unseens were released. We had the IS Marauder, Warhammer, and Rifleman in that order. Fast forward into the future and we get the Marauder IIC. Then what do we get afterwards? The Supernova, Javelin, etc. that really makes no chronological sense. I think when Russ makes polls such as the one he provided us, he really needs to empathize on more options for the players. Not "Alright, you can either have x or y. That's it." The island syndrome really becomes more distinct and it creates more questions than answers.

I would honestly rather have 4 mechs released at once, but at what time frame? Is it going to be 4 mechs in a month or more further spaced in between? Why not have a "1 Clan / 1 IS mech a month" option? This is why twitter is such a god awful way to communicate to your player base, when you have these forums to directly get your point across without the restriction of only 200 letters or whatever it is.

#71 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostSelous, on 25 July 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Mech a month with banked premium time. Flipping IS and Clan if possible.

As for maps, is there any reason they can't take the CW maps and allow them on Pug for at least a few game modes? I don't play CW but would love to have those maps in Pugs.

I'm not sure all the FP maps would work for QP but I think some would work out okay. I think it would be worth trying. Emerald Taiga, and Grim Portico would probably work fine. Not sure about the others.

#72 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

I'm not so much concerned with the quantity of mechs so much as the quality and diversity therein. IS / Clan spread needs to be kept somewhat even and the updates like Civil War etc: need to become somewhat regular. New tech is always a fun way to shake things up.

The new mech model I'd like to see though is 1 clan and IS mech a month, IF and only IF the quality of both mechs are good. Don't hand us something unneeded or unfinished. I don't even care if the weight is lopsided. one Clan 20 ton light vs an IS assault for one month? fine with me just make both decent additions to the game.

#73 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

Russ Is Asking Us What Would We Prefer In Mech Packs

content

#74 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Melee-Mechs.

Make it first without a special animation and give it to every mech.

In a face hug situation, one press the melee button and deal damage at like 10m range to the enemy. Big screenshake and sparks or so plus damage to the arms of your own mech. Melee-mechs take no damage to the arms.

Spectators see (sadly) only facehuging mechs and sparks but we get some sort of melee and the hatchet mechs.

Edited by xVLFBERHxT, 25 July 2017 - 09:35 AM.

#75 PAYWALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 147 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

MAPS!!! (...or gtfo)

#76 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Two mechs per month would probably result in a severe reduction in quality. Just look at stuff like the Civil War pack with the Mad Cat Mk. 2. One mech per month is a sensible amount that keeps new gundams flowing while still giving PGI some time to polish them.

#77 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

2 Mechs at a Time, Releasing every two Months. one IS one Clan.

Even if Mechdesign does not affect Mapdesign, I still kindly ask for more Map variety.

For example (and for start), use the Map designs of Vitric Forge and Emerald Taiga for QP Maps, Use the Moon/Grey part of HPG for a FP Map, maybe Veridian also.
A true City-based Map would be nice, with a centralpark-like Middleground and Long main-Alleys traversing relly high Urban Skyscraper Blocks.

A Map with dunes and Sandstroms, a Tropical Map (Like SW Rogue One maybe?)

So much stuff that could be done.

In regard of Mechs:
-20 tonner for Clans
-If the Fire Moth isn´t doable because of Speedrestrictions, give us the Howler, or even the Piranha (and give it THE RUSS as Hero)
-Star League Mechs
-IS Omnis,
-First Gen Clan Omnis, Hell I would buy Four-Mech Packs with those...

#78 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

New maps and making Community Warfare better.

I have enough mechs already but I can buy a few more if the above is happening alongside mech releases.

#79 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

their is room to add Super heavy mech's ingame

#80 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

Still don't see how people asking for maps, it's most likely gonna be overshadowed by the current maps with perfect visibility, los, temperature, and travel times.

If it don't atleast one of these aspects then it'll be consider sh1t, and be a waste of time by the community and most likely demoralized any attempt by the map team.

So do we want maps for map sake or just want to get something new to play on?

EDIT: Also I feel like CW/FW Need a total rework from the ground up and actually between the three contract types and not make mercs so powerful.

Edited by Battlemaster56, 25 July 2017 - 09:51 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users