Road Map Undelivered. A "light" Patch That Doesn't Fix Unresolved Issues From The Last Patch. The Lack Of Momentum Is Concerning.

84 replies to this topic

#21 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Development of MW:O may've slowed down while PGI, a relatively small company, is working on MW:V.

#22 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostAppogee, on 15 August 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

EDIT:

I was just reminded that the "June, July and Beyond" Road Map contains these commitments for August ... none of which were delivered.

Posted Image

PGI's apathy at this point is just overwhelming, isn't it?
  • "road map" not even slightly delivered on.
  • a patch even they describe as "light" ... despite the prior patch being only partly-delivered.
  • still no fix to the Civil War Mech animations.
  • still no new laser colors for lasers that were out a month ago.
  • still no "Event System" to enable the civil war matches that were supposed to be in the "Civil War" patch.
  • still no meaningful FP map/mechanics update to reflect the civil war.
  • still missing weapon models from the prior patch.
  • still no new new maps, which have allegedly been 'in development' for months.
  • still no IK (LOL).
But they want me to keep buying Mech Packs...?!

Sorry PGI, but for the first time in literally thousands of dollars worth of Mech Pack pre-orders I think I will cancel my 'Escalation' Mech Pack.

If you can't be bothered making even a minimal effort at developing your only product, then I'd have to be an idiot to spend more money on it.

"road map" not even slightly delivered on.?
-
um the only thing set for this Patch was Clan Heros & FP Special Events,
FP Special Events which are being held back 1 patch due to them pouring more work into it,

Twitter said:

William Newman‏ @will_976 Aug 11

@russ_bullock What happened to the War History, Special Event System and other FP items you promised this month?

Russ Bullock‏ @russ_bullock Aug 11

It's in Sept

Russ Bullock‏ @russ_bullock Aug 12
Replying to @0Finch0 @will_976

It should be worth the delay - it's a lot more robust then we had initially planned

a patch even they describe as "light" ... despite the prior patch being only partly-delivered.
-
How so, it came with mostly balanced CivilWar Tech, which was their main Goal,

still no fix to the Civil War Mech animations.
-
they commented in the Patch that this would be something they are working on,

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

We'd like to take a moment here to acknowledge the feedback we've received regarding the animation of the Mad Cat MK II and Uziel 'Mechs since their release in July. Both of these 'Mechs will be undergoing an additional animation pass to address the reported issues; unfortunately, at this time we can't provide a solid ETA for when those adjustments will be made. We will attempt to get these 'Mechs addressed as soon as possible.
We'd like to apologize to all Mad Cat and Uziel pilots for the issues with animation quality present upon their initial release, and for the delay of their improvement.

still no new laser colors for lasers that were out a month ago.
-
they said this is something they would like to do, but they didnt say its something they had planed to do,
its not been said that new colors for lasers for new lasers, Heavy Micro or other wise, let alone having an ETA set,

still no "Event System" to enable the civil war matches that were supposed to be in the "Civil War" patch.
-
see Above Twitter-Quote

still no meaningful FP map/mechanics update to reflect the civil war.
-
see Above Twitter-Quote

still missing weapon models from the prior patch.
-
they did say with Civil war they would be once again going over all the Mechs in the game,
not only adding in new Models for all the New weapons, but refining the old ones as well,
as to allow anyone to identify loadout just by looks, this was stated as a long process,

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

As outlined in our July Patch Notes, 'Mechs will undergo gradual retrofit passes to support the visual display of new weaponry. These visual retrofits are being done in stages.

As of this patch, all variants of the following chassis now support the distinct visuals of new weaponry:

• Arctic Cheetah
• Ebon Jaguar
• Executioner
• Gargoyle
• Hellbringer
• Ice Ferret
• Mad Dog
• Mist Lynx
• Shadow Cat

still no new new maps, which have allegedly been 'in development' for months.
-
yes they have confirmed that this will be talked about soon(next Town hall)

still no IK (LOL).
-
ya id like for this to come as well

#23 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

It's hard to deny that releasing a "civil war" patch without the actual civil war is silly.
Or to understand how a pack of new weapons gets released without graphics.
Hard to make excuses for an online arena shooter under development to get no new maps in more than a year.

So yeah, MWO is a tough sell right now that's for sure.

#24 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

I would say "I don't care" but then I am replying to this subject still right?

New maps would be nice, Solaris 24 FFA and/or 1v1, planetary descriptions, weapon descriptions, battle/omni mech lore, IK, improved MM, global chat, quirk balancing, laser colors, etc etc.

I'm rather apathetic really.

Personally I would have loved it if I could walk around a personalized 3D hanger looking at which mech I wanted to fight in. Jump in, load into a transport and head to the battlefield where I would be sorely tested. At the end of the match I would see what my efforts did for my faction, what damage I did, what damage was done, and what salvage I earned. Rearm and repaired I'd go shopping for a new mech with extra earnings and perhaps take a contract for a named fellow player. Yada yada yada we all know that's never going to happen.

So whatever, I think I'm done buying mechpacks. If this is all we can seriously expect from PGI that's fine.

#25 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 15 August 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Andi sort of refuting Appogee's assertions of PGI's apathy/failure to deliver, yada, yada, yada.

I don't know man, I'm kind of with Appogee on this one. I mean, to me things around here have certainly seemed to be fairly apathetic even in how PGI approaches their statements of intent (I won't use the word "promise"). Add that to their typical inconsistent messaging, and the half-assedness of their latest changes, and none of that comes off as competent.

From the World Championships changes to prevent teams from "taking advantage" of their own poorly advertised requirements, to the broken models and incomplete graphics of the last patch, there is a vibe of "we just don't care" that has been growing since December.

Starting with the: Oh yeah, when we said "quirks removed" we meant the opposite because we actually gave zero thought on how the skills tree makes no real difference to crappier mechs. Then the whole "oh yeah, when we said "full refunds" for modules we meant something completely different because we gave no thought to how that would effect the "economy" of our game. To the "overall quirks introduced a level of power creep that is not good for the game three months ago but here are some set-of-8 quirks for some of the best mechs in the game today". Etc. Every month it seems like they do or say something that anyone who is paying attention can immediately identify as being an objectively bad idea or simply wrong...anyone except for PGI that is, who then has to fess up in roadmaps (like you cited above) to those incorrect statements or failures.

I mean, for god sakes, IK was announced last July as coming back into the game by October. And every couple of months since its a "yep any day now, it will be here...any day". Same thing with CW. Russ said back in January that 2017 would be all about refocusing on faction play, with "frequent" faction specific events. Its nearly September, and they are still "coming soon"...and all this ignores the overall failure of CW to be developed substantively since the horror of phase 3. I mean we are so used to this sort of...yes, developer "apathy"...that we consider 4.1 with its amazing addition of quick play modes to CW as being a major development. That isn't new content, its existing content thrown in to another mode. THAT is apathy.

Add this sort of messaging to the MK-II animation and their failure to actually fix it promptly, the introduction of new tech with out complete graphics (we didn't get it done, but we will toss an incomplete product into the game.), the drought of new maps, and all the rest, and yeah I think it is reasonable for once excited customers and players of this game to be thinking that PGI is coming off as pretty apathetic of late.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 August 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#26 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

There is a Town Hall scheduled for either this Friday or the following Friday. Subject : Map Development.

#27 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

@Bud Crue
im not really against @Appogee,

i agree and i would have liked to have gotten all the new weapon models and the new Special FP Events on Civil War Patch Day,

but they told us what they where doing before that,
that they would be going over all the mechs in the game again,
not just adding new weapon models but reworking all weapon models in MWO,
(DRG Nose Missiles for instance, may very well get looked at and Fixed)

im abit annoyed that the Special FP Event was pushed back a patch,
but it was always listed as coming out in August as they wanted to add more to it,

i can understand and agree with alot of what @Appogee says,
i just dont agree with all his assertions, ;)

#28 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostAppogee, on 15 August 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

For new maps to have been 'in development' for MWO as long as they have claimed, they must be creating them a pixel at a time.

250000$ a map!

Thats a lot of mechpacks an old man has to sell ...

#29 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

https://twitter.com/...578998187696129

"MWO roadmap by end of the business week."

#30 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

View PostHGAK47, on 15 August 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

I think they are probably still discussing and deciding on what to do, last I heard there was a lot of talk on one of the streams about Solaris and future development of that with 1v1`s 2v2`s FFA`s etc. There was also talk of new maps in development so im quite curious to see how thats all going.

Solaris and its future development? What the frack? Can't they even be bothered to first finish the game they initially set out to build and fix all outstanding issues?

Solaris and its future development can go where the sun can't shine! <shrugs>

Edited by Mystere, 15 August 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#31 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 15 August 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

It's hard to deny that releasing a "civil war" patch without the actual civil war is silly.
Or to understand how a pack of new weapons gets released without graphics.
Hard to make excuses for an online arena shooter under development to get no new maps in more than a year.

So yeah, MWO is a tough sell right now that's for sure.

Minimally. Viable. Product.

That is the bar being set and lowered.

Edited by Mystere, 15 August 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#32 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 15 August 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

@Bud Crue
im not really against @Appogee,

i agree and i would have liked to have gotten all the new weapon models and the new Special FP Events on Civil War Patch Day,

but they told us what they where doing before that,
that they would be going over all the mechs in the game again,
not just adding new weapon models but reworking all weapon models in MWO,
(DRG Nose Missiles for instance, may very well get looked at and Fixed)

im abit annoyed that the Special FP Event was pushed back a patch,
but it was always listed as coming out in August as they wanted to add more to it,

i can understand and agree with alot of what @Appogee says,
i just dont agree with all his assertions, Posted Image

I hear ya, I mean it is pretty evident from your post that your not exactly being a white knight or anything. Just using your post and context with the OP as spring board to express my own level of indifference, irritation, and yes even apathy that stems from what I too see as PGI's.

Edited by Bud Crue, 15 August 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#33 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostRampage, on 15 August 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

There is a Town Hall scheduled for either this Friday or the following Friday. Subject : Mechpacks and delayed map development and IK, maybe, eventually.

FTFY. Posted Image

#34 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Keep hounding Russ on Twitter. PGI need to be reminded time to time.

#35 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 August 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Keep hounding Russ on Twitter. PGI need to be reminded time to time.

Mass cancellations of orders -- and giving the reason why -- will be much much more effective.

#36 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

APATHY CONFIRMED?!?!?!?!

to quote, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

#37 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

Oh yes Russ says ...new Maps work in progress ...tahts Russ says every Year ,and russ says : Large City Maps very difficult for PGI ...good looking Animations to difficult , a VIP AI to difficult ...thats in a Time with Games like Horizon :ZD and GTA V ...each Game is very difficult for PGI and Russ not found all the guys ,thats build his personal Dream of the Day...this Game like a old B-Movie ...same seetings each week , and a new Monstermech of the Week .

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 16 August 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#38 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

>MWO doesnt even have a proper critical hit system in place
>lets make MW5!

And the worst thing is that most of the people here went "omg! MW5!!!!" when it was announced, even though it should have been obvious that MWO development would slow down even more.

#39 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 15 August 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...578998187696129

"MWO roadmap by end of the business week."

Yep. After I wrote this post, I Tweeted Russ with my concerns.

He responded to say there'd be a Road Map and that he felt I'd be left in no doubt about PGI's ongoing commitment to MWO.

So that was a very positive response and I'm looking forward to hearing more.

#40 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:48 AM

The apathy in PGI has been quite evident for some time now..

How can the players not call PGI apathetic when they even allow things like this to happen:

1) Awkward animations of their star cashcow mech MadCat Mk2?

2) Literally a huge gaping hole in the mech model of another star mech - Uziel

3) Several months of the most absurd dropship bugs: stuck in dropdeck, dropship ride-along, dropped out of map, second dropship cameo, dropship deathspin.. take your pick!

4) A Civil War patch that has no civil war. As far as I see it, it's pretty much still Clan vs. IS.

5) The last Tukayyid event to end all Tukayyid events, after which the FP map will be reset. Only, OOPS, no groups are possible, so no map reset.

6) Simple little embarrassments like no mechs for cbills/MC announcements (until warned about on the forums), too-dark minimaps, event rules clarifications 2 days after event has started, and the latest - this: https://mwomercs.com...t-be-available/

7) A whole list of broken promises, hyped up and undelivered expectations, total blunders and wastes of dev resources like energy draw..

8) The CEO of the firm terming the same old mechs with new cammos and a 30% cbill boost as "new and exciting content"

9) The gameplay stagnant and more-less the same, since most of it happens on 5 of the same maps..

10) Not speaking out against an extremely toxic community which bullies and belittles it's own members for using regular in-game options and weapons like LRMs, and through it's inaction, even after repeated requests to speak out against this, actually promoting such unwanted behavior.

The above are just off-the-top-of-my-head examples of why the players of this game feel like PGI has lulled itself into a "don't care, the sheep will keep buying mechpacks" type mentality.

PROVE. ME. WRONG.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users