Road Map Undelivered. A "light" Patch That Doesn't Fix Unresolved Issues From The Last Patch. The Lack Of Momentum Is Concerning.

84 replies to this topic

#41 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

still no new laser colors for lasers that were out a month ago.
-
they said this is something they would like to do, but they didnt say its something they had planed to do,

Are you freaking kidding me, how hard can it be to witch soem RGB values on graphics? I bet I could edit the laser colors in less than one hour.

#42 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 15 August 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Does anyone really expect anything other than mech packs from pgi at this point? No matter how low you set your expectations pgi will find a way to beat it and go lower. mw5 is vaporware until I have a playable demo installed on my pc and I'm expecting it to be shovel ware quality. The best demo I've ever played was the first metal gear solid on playstation. You got everything up to anderson's death. I spent so many hours on the heliport by the boxes tormenting that soldier. Who's footprints are these?! If only pgi were capable of making such a great demo.

Dota 2 just had their best player lose to an AI bot. And our AI fail atlas can't even walk down a path without glitching out.

Thats a completely different kind of bot as for what you are looking for. It was trained with machine learning algorithms instead of coding every situation. To achieve something like that there has to be excessive training for the AI and use of multiple algorithms. Its not an easy task either.

#43 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

They'll probably put out a road map soon to appease the masses, a bunch of stuff will end up getting delayed and/or halfassed because PGI blew their load by actually getting some work done with the civil war tech and the management probably needs an extended vacation since all that effort to develop anything at a faster-than-glacial pace must be exhausting, and then various chumps will pre-order another couple of thousand dollars worth of mechs in a week or 2 while brandishing the latest top tier mech pack badge.

Business as usual.

Edited by Pjwned, 16 August 2017 - 05:01 AM.

#44 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

for interest ...a old Podcast 4 years old :D

https://soundcloud.c...ng-podcast-0064

#45 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Shoot me, but I thought the Civil war patch went down well. gameplay is more diverse and there seems to be closer balance than ever before.

That said, this game needs a reason to keep playing beyond 91SPs. This was supposed to be an evolving FP environment which enticed the masses and could drive a story. not the weird quasi team competitive game we have at the moment.

And maps. Can't remember the last new (not revamped) map...

#46 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

I guess I can be thankful in a way.

Been having the connection issues to all three servers still so I cannot play any PvP of any kind without lag / rubberbanding. Makes it impossible and I refuse to play with the issue, I even tried but it is too aggravating.
Even after finally getting through to my ISP what needs doing, the problem persists.
I was going to do some first ever build vidoes but cannot since I cannot have match play to show with those New Tech builds. All I can do is build Mechs, use the Testing Grounds and the Academy. Maybe if there was real PvE I could make the videos but I will not demand that, there are too many demanding children in the community.

I have not touched FP in a while even when I had good connections for reasons including but not limited to lack of support and development. It does not help that there are people pushing for more eSport efforts in MWO (assumed also into MW5) and they are getting some of their results. PGI has been for several patches putting more focus on comp scene outside FP, Solo and Group Queues. This is both good and bad.
Good because it adds a new area to MWO that brings in players.
Bad because it appears to take development in other areas like FP away.

All hail the new MWO motto.

https://www.youtube....3&v=XSliaQ3a_5Y

Start making videos of Mechs kicking soccer balls around.

Only way to do CW/FP now is not with in game tools but the way it was done in TT. Players would have to use tools in game to come up with their own system and do their own CW.

Part of the blame does fall on the community. It does not help when MWO has problems needing fixing yet we have people complaining about wanting new maps, respawns EVERYWHERE, etc. All these demands for new stuff clog up the time needed to work on the game and pull away from needed fixes.

Been considering getting some MOBA in the meantime, only ever played one before and that died in Closed Beta. The 3 I am looking at seem more appealing.

View PostJediPanther, on 15 August 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

Dota 2 just had their best player lose to an AI bot.

Pfft, LoL has that beat, one of their top players says he played worse in championships due to too much indulgence of 'sensual pleasures.' Yeah he said it, too much sex makes him a bad gamer!

Guess we should tell new players to seriously give up sex, relationships and children before playing. Posted Image

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 August 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Keep hounding Russ on Twitter. PGI need to be reminded time to time.

I don't Tweet, never will.
Not joining Twitter just to hound PGI.

#47 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 16 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Makes no sense. Show me where the bad Twitter had touched you.

#48 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,014 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

yeah I am not into twitter either

#49 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 16 August 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Not counting FP maps (which I don't play, so wouldn't even know about), I think it was Polar Highland!? Technically THAT was a remake of Alpine, but I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here. When did Polar come out? 18 months ago!?

#50 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostAppogee, on 15 August 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Yep. After I wrote this post, I Tweeted Russ with my concerns.

He responded to say there'd be a Road Map and that he felt I'd be left in no doubt about PGI's ongoing commitment to MWO.

So that was a very positive response and I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Its good that theres some community communication but
Im pretty sure you will be left with no doubt that things will be announced at mechcon, that those things will be planed for 6 months later and that they will be pushed back as they are back at doing that now.

#51 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 16 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Part of the blame does fall on the community. It does not help when MWO has problems needing fixing yet we have people complaining about wanting new maps, respawns EVERYWHERE, etc. All these demands for new stuff clog up the time needed to work on the game and pull away from needed fixes.

Can't say I accept this argument.

You are essentially saying that it's the communities fault that PGI can't set priorities. That's PGI's fault no one else's. To be honest, it's Managements fault. How the game evolves/moves forward is a direct reflection of the people running the show.

In other words, if you think the game seems to be lacking forward momentum, running in mech pak circles, and generally has no real long term vision, you are essentially describing "you know who". It's a pretty damned accurate description too.

(NOTE: 2 posts in one day, new record in the past month or longer)

#52 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

I've seen small mod teams accomplish more than PGI does in a month. Thats how slowthey are.

#53 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

View PostSuko, on 15 August 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Mechpacks. Mechpacks for as far out as you can see.

obligatory meme.
Posted Image

#54 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 16 August 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Shoot me, but I thought the Civil war patch went down well. gameplay is more diverse and there seems to be closer balance than ever before.

That said, this game needs a reason to keep playing beyond 91SPs. This was supposed to be an evolving FP environment which enticed the masses and could drive a story. not the weird quasi team competitive game we have at the moment.

the only diverse gameplay ive seen currently is 1 team actually working and moving as a whole team and zerg.rushing the other less organised/scattered team resulting in super fast and largely boring matches, even worse if your on the not so organised team as no matter how good you are you just get surrounded and blown to shreds.

#55 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostAppogee, on 15 August 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

EDIT:

I was just reminded that the "June, July and Beyond" Road Map contains these commitments for August ... none of which were delivered.

PGI's apparent apathy at this point is concerning.

Furtive fallacy – outcomes are asserted to have been caused by the malfeasance of decision makers when in reality there could be several causes.

Also, to a lesser extent the Regression fallacy – ascribing a supposed cause where none exists. The flaw is failing to account for natural occurences as is expected in the complexity of game design.

• "road map" not delivered on.
  • a patch even they describe as "light", despite the prior patch being partly-delivered.
  • still no fix to the Civil War Mech animations.
  • still no new laser colors for lasers that were out a month ago.
  • still no "Event System" to enable the civil war matches that were supposed to be in the "Civil War" patch.
  • still no meaningful FP map/mechanics update to reflect the civil war.
  • still missing weapon models from the prior patch.
  • still no new new maps, which have allegedly been 'in development' for months.
  • still no IK (LOL).
Just more Mech Packs

If PGI isn't going to deliver on their development priorities, then I'd be crazy to spend more money on it.

Your list is an example of an informal fallacy called Shotgun Argumentation – you argue such a large number of arguments for a position that the opponent can't possibly respond to all of them. I could do the same thing and list so many points of things that have been added/changed/fixed from the past couple of patches that it would be incredibly tedious for you to refute all of them.

Stick to 2-3 points and defend those.

Edited by Coolant, 16 August 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#56 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostMethanoid, on 16 August 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

obligatory meme.
Posted Image

Thanks. I wanted to post that, but I was too lazy to make the meme.

#57 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Dota 2 just had their best player lose to an AI bot.

good. they need to hurry up and build skynet already.

if PGI built skynet it would exterminate humans by forcing them to eat mechpacks

#58 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:10 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 August 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

if PGI built skynet it would exterminate humans by forcing them to eat mechpacks follow a preset path and never fire its weapons

FTFY ;)

#59 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:19 PM

its give guys , crying to new Toys, and Mechs for nothing or only low Price like a Fast Food Temple ...and Guys thats buy for High Quality, Ambient and Immersion like a good Restaurant..

I could do the same thing and list so many points of things that have been added/changed/fixed from the past couple of patches that it would be incredibly tedious for you to refute all of them.
an Which points have more Effect and Mass for a Good Game ? Fixed Problems, thats never came ,by a Good Quality Managment and a Line for the Future , a Vision for the Future and the Way to it?

The chefs do not have time to create a good meal, and then give the customers discount, because the food is not bad is not a good strategy

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 16 August 2017 - 11:27 PM.

#60 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

Solaris?

If you really want to make Solaris, you are set for a huge task, basically a new game. You need conspiracies, stables, bets, dynamic maps and much more. These are all the things which make Solaris Solaris.

However, I bet PGI thinks that Solaris is just an arena mode of 1 or 2 mechs in a deathmatch mode with a leaderboard.

Solaris will just be one more case of wasted resources

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users