Alpha Strike Event With Cool New Warhorns!

146 replies to this topic

#141 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Love this grenade in my mech! :D

#142 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 30 August 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Love this grenade in my mech! Posted Image

Don't let it fall into the Nuclear Reactor of your 'Mech, otherwise it will be 'da bomb'... :P

~D. V. "This horrible pun brought to you by 'Early Morning Madness'... Good laughs for all!" Devnull

#143 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Uhm... "Tier 1", yet calling yourself "average"??? Excuse me, but I think you just stated an oxymoron! Posted Image

90% ppl i know are tier 1 if you play the game you will get to tier 1 eventualy its just an exp bar. But there is huge skill difference between average tier1 and top tier1 players.

You lucky [redacted]... You have absolutely no idea how much envy you're going to have aimed at you! I barely had time to qualify on ONE Leaderboard, and I'm lucky it was underplayed! Further, I was barely able to get into and maintain my Top 25 (18th, specifically) for the Executioner's 'EXE-E' model. If I hadn't been able to build something at least "Minorly, Qualifyingly Effective" after at least 5 different designs, I would never have been able to recover the Mech Bay which I had to use up in order to start that Leaderboard in the first place! Posted Image

Warhorn was price for top 75 not top 25. To get it you dont even have to play more then 1 average round on some leaderboards others like GAR-E and GAR-KW there is not even 75 entries on those leaderboards.

#144 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:24 AM

Incorrect. It won't qualify for a given Leaderboard unless a certain Center Torso is used. The other omnipods are NOT "purchase and apply" for qualifying. Posted Image

I know that and that is kinda what I meant.

Many people, in particular those who like to play Clan mechs, already have some or most of the chassis of those new cbill mechs, so that they had no good reason to buy those cbill chassis for any of the mechs and participate in the leaderboard, as they could just grab the new omnipods to equip to their existing mechs to get the new configs available.
Only the Ice Ferret P is really special due to it's ECM CT.

#145 Harabec Arctous

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

I guess I didn't get the 5k match score because it takes so long to get a match. It should include any match going when the timer ends not just finished before the timer.

#146 SamsungNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

I was 2/3 of the way done with FP stuff, but it took me 30-60 minutes to find a match each time. I really wish this event would have gone until Friday. Posted Image

Got everything else done, but that damned FP stuff! The retro arcade is something I *really* wanted in my 'mech. Dangit!

Edited by SamsungNinja, 31 August 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#147 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

There's always going to be somebody who doesn't get an event done, no matter how long they give us to finish it. This was a very long event for what you had to do, even considering the incredibly lengthy grind for FP match score.

If you couldn't play enough because of other commitments, that's on you. If you assumed you'd get everything in the course of normal play but got caught flat-footed by one or more of the requirements, that's on you. If you looked at the long time frame and thought you'd have plenty of time but 'oops, I waited too long,' that's on you. If you got burned out grinding FP score and quit, that's on you. If you don't pay attention to or argue with the people who use TAG every day when they tell you exactly what needs to happen to get a TAG kill, that's on you.

I didn't realize that the CBill mechs they released alongside the heroes had their own leaderboards, so I missed out. It didn't even occur to me to look at the hero leaderboards because I didn't buy any heroes. Since I had more than enough time to complete the event requirements before the leaderboards even started, that's entirely on me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users