Versus Sales: Bushwacker Vs. Huntsman!

124 replies to this topic

#41 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

Is there a point buying a hero for $$ with -20% over buying it for MC with -50% during another event?

#42 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

View Postrolly, on 17 August 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

Really? WHY?

Its 2017 PGI, get with your own program. There is no need to still push the "Gotta have them all" 3 mech pack used-car gimmick anymore. Your sales team and marketing strategy needs an overhaul or fresh hiring. Or both.

At very least allow people to buy the Hero/Champions directly without selling the superfluous packs.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Technically you can get the hero separate from the others, but you have to be willing to buy MC... which of course is NEVER a direct correlation. I remember when Microsoft used to do this with "Microsoft Points" and they finally listened to their consumers and did away with it so that you can just directly buy stuff... because you know, it's HS.

It feels like their entire sales strategy is being run by the Saul Goodman of used cars.

#43 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Postcougurt, on 17 August 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

selective bits that are convenient for the purpose of balance, yes. kind of like how most games work. this should be an extremely minor point of contention considering how unrealistic nearly every other aspect of the game is.

and to be clear, i am perfectly okay with there being agility differences between similar mechs. you seemed to imply that this was not true to life, unless i'm somehow misinterpreting what you said.

I think there maybe a misunderstanding. I support the balancing of mechs and agility differences. Someone had mentioned above that the Kodiak has somehow been nerfed into obsolescence. I can understand that they are upset about it being far less agile now, but given it's massive space for weapons, copious hard points, and high level of customization with the caveat of appropriately low mobility seems fair.

#44 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 18 August 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I think there maybe a misunderstanding. I support the balancing of mechs and agility differences. Someone had mentioned above that the Kodiak has somehow been nerfed into obsolescence. I can understand that they are upset about it being far less agile now, but given it's massive space for weapons, copious hard points, and high level of customization with the caveat of appropriately low mobility seems fair.

the problem is that all that tonnage really doesn't afford you much on anything but the KDK-3. the other variants are largely a mix of energy and missile, with only a single ballistic on all but the KDK-4. previously, the agility granted by a huge XL engine made all of these variants somewhat worthwhile, but now they're vastly outperformed by lighter mechs that can either twist well enough to spread damage, or have good enough hitboxes that they can get away with relatively slow twisting (like the marauder IIC and mad cat MKII for example).

#45 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Already selling the "exclusive" event warhorns? 20% more MC is good though.

#46 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

50% off One-Shot Camo Patterns! Time to play some mech Barbie!

$30 is more that I want to spend, but with 20% boost and two exclusive warhorns I don't think I can pass it up!

Plus... ONE SHOT CAMOS!

Thanks PGI!

#47 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

Well, My Kodiaks are still awesome and all I can say is uh, some of these more "Entitled" Kodiak players need to learn how to play if they can't handle a change.

This said: I'm kinda sad that it's Kodiak vs Cyclops.
I'm already at collector levels with these two. Might be able to use the Night Gyr sale though.
Decal sale and MC deal are pretty sweet.
Pattern makes me sad; I don't do one shots because I'm fickle and change patterns often to suit my mood, so full patterns would be appreciated.

#48 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

I love how quickly they forget what they've already announced... on the event.....

Retro Arcade (Warhorn)
Posted Image
(Event only item! Not be available in store)

And only days later in the summer sale....

20% extra MC with the purchase of a 29.95 USD MC pack and 2 new war horns Retro Handheld and Retro Arcade

#49 vibrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 August 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

I love how quickly they forget what they've already announced... on the event.....

Retro Arcade (Warhorn)
Posted Image

20% extra MC with the purchase of a 29.95 USD MC pack and 2 new war horns Retro Handheld and Retro Arcade

To be fair, the sale is an event too, and you don't buy the warhorns -- they're a sale event reward. Nowhere in the store are they available for MC or USD purchase.

#50 Spardose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationcave near the river

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

well, still a bit weird. I think it would have been better without those warhorns as some kind of event shopping bonus.

#51 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

Ah, there's the mech bay sale I was waiting for since the loot bag event. Since I just have the 510 MC from it, that will be 3 new bays instead of just 1. Posted Image
Now let me just see if I'll be tempted to buy a MC only mech (and thus MC for $$ to have more than 510) during the sale ...

#52 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

' said:

(Mechbundles already a 50% bundle discount!)

Can someone elaborate on the meaning of this sentence?

#53 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostNaitrael, on 19 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Can someone elaborate on the meaning of this sentence?

All the items in each bundle is 50% less compared to if you purchase everything individually.

#54 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

I wanted to buy a spirit bear add on since I have the standard pack.
but... after you gutted all the kodiaks because a certain build on a KDK-3 was good, I'm not finding a single reason to buy it now.

Its still a fun mech, though other mechs can do the exact same thing probably better (Looking at the scorch and the MCII)

PGI just need to fix the MASC on the spirit bear and all will be forgiven! Hell it would be better than before as the MASC (in a fully operation state as before) would make up for the sluggishness. Im down with that.

Seriously please just buff the MASC on the spirit bear PGI. Right now it takes half of the masc energy just to get upto speed if you are lucky!

#55 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostHGAK47, on 19 August 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Its still a fun mech, though other mechs can do the exact same thing probably better (Looking at the scorch and the MCII)

PGI just need to fix the MASC on the spirit bear and all will be forgiven! Hell it would be better than before as the MASC (in a fully operation state as before) would make up for the sluggishness. Im down with that.

Seriously please just buff the MASC on the spirit bear PGI. Right now it takes half of the masc energy just to get upto speed if you are lucky!

forget the scorch and the MCII, it's massively outclassed even by the orion IIC. the spirit bear is literally an orion IIC with 25 tons of useless fat packed on.

#56 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Agreed on the MASC buff; and I want to clarify: By no means do I think that the Kodiak has been nerfed into the dust. Unfortunately, as it stands a lot of the variants, barring the KDK-3; need some love to get them up to a play rate higher than that of the pre-new tech Victor. I still work with them, I still love them - Kodiak has always been one of my favourite assaults, up there with the Zeus X and Blood Asp (MechCommander 2; thank you for introducing me to those two).

They're just tuned a little on the weaker side; and that's annoying, but not a show-stopper.

#57 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostCub, on 17 August 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

I've pretty much stopped playing this game since they did what they did to the Spirit Bear but still come back to monitor if any changes have healed my favorite 'mech of all time. Had started a few threads, sent in e-mails, messaged various members of the team through Twitter, sat in on Town Halls....nothing. Well, I did get one response during the a Town Hall, but it was from that NGNG midget Wolverine wannabe, and he basically said I was a ****** Kodiak pilot if I can't still put up huge damage numbers in the Spirit Bear in it's current state. So...on a fundamental level, I'm not sure the folks over there understand why we are upset and despise any plea for reconsideration. I really hope they take another look at the problem and I will take this opportunity to once again ask, please tweak acceleration and deceleration rates on the Spirit Bear.

Oh well...in a way I'm thankful, I've discovered some really great new games and companies that are much more deserving of my financial support. Good play PGI. Normally I'd be buying packs for friends (as I've done in the past) of the beautiful Kodiak with what could have been an incredible deal. But in it's current state......are you kidding me?

I'm not salty about kdk nerf and i don't waste my time with ngng's trash. Just thought your sick burn was lawl

#58 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

View PostHGAK47, on 19 August 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Other than the the lack of MASC and engine cap limit (thus restricting its top speed), the HGN-2C-B is better all around as a brawling build. The spirit bear has 560 pts of armor, a 1xUAC/10 w/2 tons of ammo, 2xERMLs, 4xSSRM6s w/4 tons of ammo, endo, 20 total DHS, 4 empty crit slots remaining. And if you stripped everything except the armor and endo structure you'd have 77.5 tons free.. and all the agility of your average drunken sloth. At 60 degrees of torso twist per side, and 54°/sec of twist rate you're going to suck at spreading damage. 6.19 KPH/sec acceleration, 11 KPH/sec deceleration, and 30.36°/sec turn rate means you pretty much HAVE to run the masc to get up to accel/decel/turn quickly... even then the MASC being active only boosts the #s to 17.32 KMH/sec accel, 29.7 KPH/sec decel and 37.95°/sec turn rate. It also lacks any sort of quirks at this point, so without investing into the survival tree skill nodes, you're limited to total HP of 126 for the side torsos and legs locations, 102 on each arm and 192 in the center torso.

The HGN-2C-B has the exact same total # of hardpoints, has structure quirks for the side torsos, center torso and legs and armor quirks on the arms which give it total HPs of 189 for the center torso, 124 for the side torsos and legs, and 98 for the arms. It comes with 544 points of armor, and with everything stripped except for the armor and endo steel you have 67.5 tons available, and the base agility of a koala bear on *******. You have 85 degrees of torso twist per side and 81°/sec twist speed so you are going to be able to spread a lot more damage. The acceleration is 20.02 KPH/sec and the deceleration is 17.22 KPH/sec. And the turn rate is 45.26°/sec so you're still out accelerating and out turning a MASCing Spirit Bear, and only in the braking departing is it ahead.

Furthermore because of the engine caps, the HGN2Cs have more tonnage available than kodiaks do without dropping their engine ratings. The HGN-2C-B above, with an identical weapons fit as a spirit bear, the same 20 total DHS, and a 325XL engine, and the armor increased to the 558 total points maximum, still has 9 extra tons and 3 crit spaces available. So an obvious way to use the tonnage to me would be to upgrade the pair of lasers to ERLLs, install an active probe so you can actually use the streaks around an ECM mech, and add a TC2 to boost the UAC velocity 10% and laser range by 5%. And again, because of the structure/armor quirks, its ahead about 35 HP compared to that spirit bear which at 560 pts would be 54 points short of its maximum.

A more fun build though is use a pair of MPLs instead, drop 14 pts of armor, 3 DHS , switch to a light probe and replace the arm mounted streak-6s with Artemis SRM6s. The weight saved lets you upgrade to a TC4, add 1 more ton of UAC ammo and 3 jump jets to enhance your agility. So now you have a faster rate of fire option on your missiles, more ammo endurance in a match, and some serious crit seeking boosts for the lasers and UAC. With the arms unlocked, anything you can get the crosshairs onto within range of the ASRM6s will also be hit by the Streaks in the shoulder.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 August 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#59 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

Means of getting Retro Arcade warhorn without having to touch FP is nice, but discounted Roughneck collector to get loyalty rewards, thanks!

#60 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:48 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 18 August 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Retro Arcade (Warhorn)
Posted Image

The sale ones are probably going to be a different colour, which would then make their statement correct.

This would then be the same style they did the ultimate loyalty reward from last year.

If however what i'm saying proves to be incorrect, then I'm quite happy to hold the pitch fork for you, so you can use the flaming brand more effectively

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users