#1 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:13 AM

OK, bottom line up front:
13 or, was it 14 HPG's in a row?
HPG, Mining, HPG, Mining: for hours.
Crimson then River City, then Crimson, then River city: Over and Over and Over again.
Day after day.........

This may be a symptom of low player volume. May be, that players only like areas where there is a lot of places to hide or maps that have more cover and concealment that open spaces?

The other day it was commical: ""Asym, how many time today have we played this freaking map now.........(sigh) "10 or so and I had a 10x selection accelerator and it didn't help""

It gets be like "Groundhog Day."

I wake up, get in any of my mechs, go to this tunnel, die and then go to the other tunnel and die. Or, go to the citadel and die or, go to the center raised platform and die.... No swamps. No volcano's. No snow and when a snow may is selected, the screaming and AFK's/D/C's are insane (3 in one match: "I ain't playing in this ****: D/C") OK, we died in an 9 to 10 match because the other team had the same thing!!!! Enough already.

We need a random map generator to "balance gameplay" for drop in matches.....

Your thoughts? (Please, disagree but be a little nice....)

#2 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:47 AM

My personal opinion, is that they could easily skip the map choosing screen. Doesn't really do a lot, other than get the popular maps played more often. i guess there's merit there, but you could just as easily bias random map chooser akd skip the 15-20 seconds it takes people to get through that screen. I would rather see the map chooser disappear, to reduce the time between clicking "quick play" and dropping. It's a better option than other ones being contemplated.

However, if they do that, probably need to pare down some of the map/game mode combos that don't work. For example, something like polar highlands - restrict that map to modes that have defined combat areas instead of skirmish. Mining collective doesn't need incursion, as it's pretty small. A few maps, like frozen city could probably handle most/all modes. Even with fewer map/type combos, that would probably be an improvement over today's game sets.

Edited by Daurock, 27 August 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#3 MagicIndex

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

NO. JUST NO.

#4 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

View PostAsym, on 27 August 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

OK, bottom line up front:
13 or, was it 14 HPG's in a row?
HPG, Mining, HPG, Mining: for hours.
Crimson then River City, then Crimson, then River city: Over and Over and Over again.
Day after day.........

This may be a symptom of low player volume. May be, that players only like areas where there is a lot of places to hide or maps that have more cover and concealment that open spaces?

The other day it was commical: ""Asym, how many time today have we played this freaking map now.........(sigh) "10 or so and I had a 10x selection accelerator and it didn't help""

It gets be like "Groundhog Day."

I wake up, get in any of my mechs, go to this tunnel, die and then go to the other tunnel and die. Or, go to the citadel and die or, go to the center raised platform and die.... No swamps. No volcano's. No snow and when a snow may is selected, the screaming and AFK's/D/C's are insane (3 in one match: "I ain't playing in this ****: D/C") OK, we died in an 9 to 10 match because the other team had the same thing!!!! Enough already.

We need a random map generator to "balance gameplay" for drop in matches.....

Your thoughts? (Please, disagree but be a little nice....)

We had random map selecting back when we were able to choose whether we wanted to just get into a straight deathmatch or play an objective based game.

I don't remember who asked for this voting thing, or if it was asked for at all and PGI just crammed it down our throats, but now that we have it, people have a much easier time tailoring their mech builds to their favorite maps and forcing those maps to come up again and again.

View PostMagicIndex, on 27 August 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

NO. JUST NO.

So you want your easy mode. Got it.

#5 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

Funny how in CW/FP it's random maps & modes, and no one complains. But in QP just suggesting random maps & modes gets a big no!

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Yes, randomise.

I'm tired of having to pay attention just so I can downvote the map the LRMtards otherwise flock to.

#7 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

I'm not certain about this. Before voting, the matchmaker also tried to make sure you dropped on all maps an even number of times.

#8 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

I endorse this.

We have too few maps and......we end to drop in always the same.

Implementing vote system was a...."potato idea" and ended like a "pgi thing"

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 27 August 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Perhaps they could at least make 'Random' one of the voting options.

If more than half of us vote for it, then we get a random map.

Better still, create a checkbox so that players can leave 'Random' as a permanently selected vote.

Edited by Appogee, 27 August 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#10 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

If you talking about maps randomly generated for every match, that's not gonna happen. We simply wont buy enough mechpacks to fund the development of such huge and complex thing.

Simply remove voting is a good idea I love Terra Therma and would like to see it more often.

#11 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

YES, random Maps and Modes would actually make the game better

#12 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5875693

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

View Postkyfire, on 27 August 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

Funny how in CW/FP it's random maps & modes, and no one complains. But in QP just suggesting random maps & modes gets a big no!

You get to pick your mechs after you see the map and mode in FW, of course no one complains when you can tune your loadout to the map you're dropping on.

#14 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Random generator was available in Tesla pods in 1990. Why not now?

#15 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

All we need is more maps, but someone said that creating a map costs 250k $ which I still do not believe in any way just because I´ve seen people create maps more or less in front of my digital eyes after 15 minutes of brainstorming and about 2 weeks of production process as a single woman/man.
And yes, that production process entailed custom objects of all sorts and sizes .

#16 XDevilsChariotX

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

I like the current system. However, I would love to be able to create a drop deck for Quick Play. Nothing worse than dropping into Polar or Alpine with a brawler.

#17 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

The MinMax-Crowd complained eternally how their Mechs got "screwed" on the "wrong" Map and at some point PGI thought it would be a good idea to let them Vote their Maps as this would enhance the gaming experience.

Imho it was one of the in few ingenious decisions PGI has made throughout the games history as it brought the too expensive Map development to a halt when voting proofed that Players only need 3 maps in the game thus saving PGI an expense they now can use for MW5-Development and the HG Lawsuit.

Also it moved the blamegame to the voting Players preserving PGIs standing with the community.

It worked out oh so well! Posted Image

PS: PGI could sell Lawsuit-Backer-Kits!

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 August 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#18 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 27 August 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

You get to pick your mechs after you see the map and mode in FW, of course no one complains when you can tune your loadout to the map you're dropping on.

Not that you are any better off with map voting since you still can't change your loadout before the match.

#19 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

This would be awesome, a randomly generated / procedurally generated map option in the roulette would make this game amazing on a whole new level!

#20 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

+1, +1, +1, to random map generator. It doesn't have to create amazing maps, just random ones. If a generator did it automatically, it would save PGI resources and at the same time invigorate the game.

Edited by Coolant, 27 August 2017 - 01:25 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users