"urbie Is Op/supposed To Be Slow" Bs

55 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

Why is this discussion still alive? "Urbanmech OP", "Urbanmech is supposed to be slow".

https://mwomercs.com...ered-urbanmech/

I'm serious this time. Yes "Urbanmech OP" is a reccuring joke to people that appreciate the Urbanmech. But it's so disappointing that there are bad-tatos out there that are stupid and incompetent enough to think that Urbies are overpowered.

Posted Image

They are not Overpowered, people like me that Main Urbanmechs trained for so long, worked hard to get good scores, and also ignored. And those that beat you with an Urbanmech, either its your own incompetence, and/or the Urbie pilot's competence.

View PostChapeL, on 03 July 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

The Urbie IS overarmored. 20 points of bonus armor on the CT on a 30 tonner ( pre quirks ) is ALOT. Imagine what a Kit Fox could do with that much armor, such a diminutive size and 360 torso twist. Now I understand steps had to be taken to make the mech competitive ... not be a joke ( only due to it's stock config )but why just the Urbanmech ? The thing has plenty of armor, hardpoints, jumpjets, a unique torso twist range and is tiny to boot. It's become the second most encountered IS light mech in game behind the locust for all of those reasons.

I don't propose we take away everything it has going for it but at least tone down the armor to Kit Fox levels. Same tonnage, same top speed same overall size.

View PostNimoStar, on 16 August 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Also that urbie in the pic has as much front armor as my Timberwolf, tell me how that's logical.

Because the Urbanmech is an IS mech with heavy IS tech, coupled by the fact that it's kit-fox slow without Clan-Tech and ECM. No it's not overarmored, it's under appreciated.

View PostChapeL, on 03 July 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostGuile Votoms, on 03 July 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

A kit fox is a pick-your-hardpoints omnimech which can mount 3 AMS +4t ammo, ECM, a large laser and 4 machine guns. Let's not try to compare two mechs that are completely different outside of relative size and tonnage.

..and for that reason alone the Urbie deserves heavy battlemech levels or armor ?

Yes.

You (rhretorical you) wanna beat an Urbanmech?

View PostTHE GOD KING URBIE LORD OF MECHS, on 08 July 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Examine the hit box breakdown and you'll notice it is vulnerable in three major areas

-Arms

-St

-Legs

The majority of an UM weaponry are stationed in large, easy to remove arms.

Cripple it there.

The majority of UM run XL engines because of the major speed restrictions in place vs. weight using STD. This is only exacerbated by the fact that to gain any major headway in firepower and speed you have to shave tonnage in armor.

The small profile of the UM carries one additional major weakness.

The pelvis/leg design

Armor is low in the legs, cripple it and watch the pilot flail at 30kph. Treat it like a fat light/skinny heavy.

Granted, there are some times hit registry problem, and the Urbanmech have small profiles to isolate components. But guess what, so does other lights, the only difference is that the Urbanmech is a Tank amongst LAVs, but that doesn't mean Urbie is indestructible, it just survives a lot longer when under fire versus faster lights like the Arctic Cheetah, but they can go the entire game with only scratches for they are far more elusive.

Urbanmech is supposed to be slow?

View PostP10k56, on 03 July 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Pgi should restrict engines for urbies to not move faster then 65kph or nerf quirks on them.

View PostKhobai, on 10 July 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

This. urbies are too fast they need a speed nerf.

View PostNimoStar, on 16 August 2017 - 03:57 AM, said:

Urbanmechs were suppossed to be slow.

View PostBrother MEX, on 16 August 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

I think a max engine size of 100 would be good enough, as the SPIDER has a min engine size of 100 and the same tonnage Posted Image

View PostVladosteron, on 10 July 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

No Need to go 104 kph, how about 87? what would that be in Engine Rating? 140?

View PostP10k56, on 10 July 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I have also UM and what?
Still think UM need engine restriction.

Really? 104 KPH with speed tweak, that's "too fast" for the little bugger? No, it's only supposed to be slow as stock loadout.

You want it to be limited at 64.8 KPH? Make urbanmechs 100 tonners, while still very slow. I don't mind going Assault Slow at all, if the urbanmech is an Assault.

You want the Urbies to be stuck at 32 KPH? Have the rest of the mechs also stuck at their stock engines. That means Battlemechs cannot change engines.

But you know what, I don't mind running 125 and 100 engine on an Urbie, if only it came with 10 heat-sinks already, cause Double Heat Sinks eat too much slots along with Endo and Light Ferro. Hell i already run 170 and 145, 91 KPH and 72 KPH respectively without speed tweak.

If anything, PGI should make low engine rating a lot more attractive for all mechs, -- like remove 10 heatsink total requirement, or have +% heat capacity and dissipation bonus in relation to low engines.

Make the Urbanmech (and other mechs) have 0% bonus heat capacity and dissipation bonus at 180 engine rating (or the other mech's maximum engine rating), gradient to 50% heat capacity bonus and dissipation bonus down to 60 engine rating (or the other mech's minimum engine rating).

/rant

Edited by The6thMessenger, 30 August 2017 - 07:14 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

i always thought it was just a meme. to be fair my highest scoring game ever was in an urbie. were talking 10k xp in a single match good.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 August 2017 - 07:29 PM.

#3 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

People want LRMs, machine guns, lasers, mist lynxes, LBX, and practically every other weapon system and mech in the game nerfed.

I mean, after the recent "Nerf the machine gun Mist Lynx" wave, I'm not surprised by anything else anymore. What used to just be jokes now are opinions that people actually hold.

Absolutely sad that whiners would go so far as to ask for the Urbanmech to be nerfed.

#4 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

Pilot gets pwned by something and instantly complains, never their fault, bad positioning, rambo'ed ect, always what killed them must be nerfed as it must be OP to have killed them in the first place.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 31 August 2017 - 02:30 AM.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

More importantly, why are you taking that guy's thread seriously? It is just one thread, so no need to advertise it even further. Besides, hit-reg failure is a known and frequent issue.

#6 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

Urbie has been, is and always shall be OP for it is the true God-Mech of Battletech™.

#7 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Super quick eyeball: I ignore win-loss. That looks like 0.3-0.5 kill per match with average score of 300-500. Certainly a good rap sheet sir, but yeah nothing to lose your proverbial grease over.

Well done, keep the chattering masses unhappy!

#8 Valhallan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

urbie assault?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Imp Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

You know what else is op? My five years of playing mwo is op. Nerf me man! I need a nerf! Years of xp in a weight class using weapons will make any one who doesn't have that knowledge and xp op.

#10 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 30 August 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

You know what else is op? My five years of playing mwo is op. Nerf me man! I need a nerf! Years of xp in a weight class using weapons will make any one who doesn't have that knowledge and xp op.

Plus all those expensive mechs and equipment you have, you bourgeoise pig. How dare you spend your cbills, scum!

#11 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

The K9 is pay to win it will nerfed when sales die, just like the other pay to win lights before it.

#12 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

Urbanmech is the 1v1 king. it can kill most mediums and heavies with ease in a 1v1.

#13 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

Rediculously OP mech I cant believe it hasnt been put into line! And when I say put into line I mean a - Spider-5V 2 energy hardpoints only sort of line.

#14 Kalo Shin

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

View PostGoatHILL, on 30 August 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

The K9 is pay to win it will nerfed when sales die, just like the other pay to win lights before it.

Hero mechs haven't been pay 2 win since they introduced MC through faction play. Stop.

#15 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:25 AM

Of course it is OP. No other light have comparable armor / broken hitbox / size combination to be able to facetank as much damage as urbie can.

#16 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 31 August 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

Of course it is OP. No other light have comparable armor / broken hitbox / size combination to be able to facetank as much damage as urbie can.

"No other light does it, therefore it's OP."

Lol. Just lol. No other light does 3x AMS + ECM, therefore kitfox Is OP. No other Assault mech does 4x AC10, therefore op.

Of course it's tailored to be a tank, as unlike other IS lights, it's not as fast that it can rely in it's speed for survival -- that's why it comes as a ******* tank, because it ******* needs it. What the **** are you thinking?

Mechs fill in a niche, they have their charms. And not because no other mech does what one mech does, then it's OP. Then that would mean that every mech is OP, because of differences in hardpoints means their weapon convergence would be unique, hitboxes would be unique -- no other mech can do what they do.

What you just said is totally ridonkulous.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 31 August 2017 - 01:47 AM.

#17 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

View PostKalo Shin, on 31 August 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Hero mechs haven't been pay 2 win since they introduced MC through faction play. Stop.

Indeed. Also not to mention the stuff everyone gets through events even if we don't play FW. I could have bought any hero mech with the MC i got from events alone. And when they change supply caches it could be a possibility that they refund keys for mc like they did with consumables in the skill tree update.

I played lots of F2P games and MWO currently is one with the fewest P2W elements. Though heroes got more powerful over time (e.g. Spirit Bear, Scorch) there are always plenty of free mechs with at least equal power. Heroes are only needed for some very specific builds, but not for winning.

#18 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 31 August 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

Apparently you cant make your own conclusion from what I said so I will do it for you.

Its is op because in current meta it performs better than other lights due to armor-hitbox-size combination. Here you go, no need to thank me.

#19 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 31 August 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

Its is op because in current meta it performs better than other lights due to armor-hitbox-size combination.

You know that speed is armor too? Any light going 140+ kph will last at least as long as an urbie just because it gets hit much less. On top of that it gets into good firing positions much faster/easier and can therefore dish out the same damage with fewer firepower.

The fact that the urbie behaves like a small medium does not make it more powerful than a typical light.

Edited by Daggett, 31 August 2017 - 02:16 AM.

#20 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:26 AM

It was the case back in the days of lag-shields and bad hitreg, yeah. Now its much less so. Just duel an urbie in 150kph light and tell how much your speed has helepd you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users