Hellspawn Pre-Order Is Here!

151 replies to this topic

#61 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Looks like that Hellspawn came up minus a pilot, leave it for salvage.

( i hope the 6 arctic wolves make up for this crap.)

#62 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Needing an isXL so loss of one side torso, bye bye... Give us a reason to buy to want to buy it. LFE will lower the speed and/or payload.

Just saying... Needing funds to assist with defense against HG? .....

#63 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 01 September 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Just saying... Needing funds to assist with defense against HG? .....

If that's the case they should just say it. I'll still tell them no. Rather they loose the rights...

#64 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

PGI, you should REALLY listen to Kana about this:
https://youtu.be/MFVjEb3SHmA?t=1m36s

#65 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 01 September 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

So, this thing again has ECM and Jumpjets. Based on how PGI overvalue ECM and Jumpjets, these mechs actually may not have any quirks at all.

Which means they are going to be utter trash.

I think I've finally learned that lesson by picking Uziel. If it ever gets quirks, cool.

#66 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 01 September 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Rather they loose the rights...

In which case there is a good chance that Battletech, in it's entirety will cease to exist.

After all HG is even trying to claim PGI/HBS and all are even taking the ATLAS as based on one of the designs they supposedly own?

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 01 September 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#67 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 01 September 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

My five second fix to the Centurion's proportions got included in a meme. o.o;

#68 reQu1em

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

The right missile hard point looks like a growth it needs to get surgery for.

#69 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

The only mech I really want is the hero or the 2 reinforcement mechs. I don't want any of the standard mechs even if 2 have ecm. Look cool just not what I need. I Own the best 45tonner already the BlackJack so why would I need this?

#70 SoloidSnake

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Oh sweet a new update on the MWO front page, I wonder if it's about any new ma-

Posted Image

Nope.

#71 Kaldar Tatrient

• Pip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 01 September 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Also, how the hell is that missile hardpoint on the arm going to work? It's shoulder-mounted, and has no visible means of turning. Is it going to track with the arms somehow? Will that be animated, or is it just gonna be done via magic?

Valid Point someone please tweet this at russ

#72 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 01 September 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Also, how the hell is that missile hardpoint on the arm going to work? It's shoulder-mounted, and has no visible means of turning. Is it going to track with the arms somehow? Will that be animated, or is it just gonna be done via magic?

Same way the Arctic Cheetah's missile launchers work.

Anybody question it yet? Nope.

Mkay then.

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 01 September 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

In which case there is a good chance that Battletech, in it's entirety will cease to exist.

After all HG is even trying to claim PGI/HBS and all are even taking the ATLAS as based on one of the designs they supposedly own?

HG would have to take down Microsoft for that to happen. Catalyst runs Battletech tabletop, PGI's running MWO...

But Microsoft owns the licenses for both. Microsoft owns Battletech. Weisman spoke of some regret for it in a recent interview, but said that there were real financial concerns and in the end, family and financial security came first.

Which um. I think Microsoft should step up to defend the licenses that it has been leasing.

Edited by Koniving, 01 September 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#73 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 September 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

HG would have to take down Microsoft for that to happen. Catalyst runs Battletech tabletop, PGI's running MWO...

Not likely to happen, that is for sure.
But it is possible that if they win they could have that (extremely slim) chance.

At the absolute best, if HG wins, there are going to be a LOT more Unseen, including a lot of core mechs such as the Atlas.

#74 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think it's cute. I have no need for one, but it's cute at least.

#75 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

Ah ha!!!
The evil twin brother to the Ice Ferret!

#76 Echidna

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Just gonna make a small post on the matter because a lot of guys seem to be forgetting it

Guys, we have maps coming, as well as a whole bunch of upcoming content as noted in the latest production update. Just because we got the Hellspawn instead of a new map with this announcement doesn't mean the game is dead.
The team that makes mech packs is not the same team that makes maps and new game modes

That aside, I won't personally be buying the Hellspawn (I think it's rightfully ugly as sin) but I'm hoping the Clan medium announced later might be the Black Lanner. Either way, nice to have another 45 tonner in the game.

#77 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 01 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Fix the CN9's proportions while you're at it!
Posted Image

I would pilot my Centurions again if they did this.

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 01 September 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Well, MW4 Mercenaries Nostalgy says "F*ck yeah!" while my logical thoughs say "HELL NO!!!" (Quite ironic taking into acount it's called Hellspawn)

It's a 45 tons medium with ECM and Jumpjets, which means PGI will surely not quirk it and be utter garbage just like the Uziel.
If anything, they will give it some minor leg and torso armor, but it's weirdness and almost mandatory speed for it's weight class will make people focus it's legs mainly
It has always had one of the weirdest hitboxes due to it resembling a Dragon with a hunch pretty much half the size of the mech just at Orion's level of weirdness, trying to be a missile brawler without having the tons or survivability necessary. A true "Frankenstein's monster" of a mech just like it's design shows.

Once it comes out, It will be only used as a SRM/MRM poptarter or the Hero as a ER-medium laser boat, Other than that, It'll be more unseen than the Warhammer and Marauder after HG's patent trolling

It actually looks like a small, deformed Wolverine.

#78 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

I've said this on the last 2 mech packs and I guess I have to say it again...Why are we still having to buy 3 packs? why can't we just buy the variant(s) we want, there is no longer a need to sell us 3 of something to be able to skill it out because now 1 is all you need.

#79 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 01 September 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

If that's the case they should just say it. I'll still tell them no. Rather they loose the rights...

Ummm, barring the fact that I'm stupefied to see Battletech fans who want HG to win, I gotta say this: you guys do realize that HG can only challenge visual designs for mechs sourced from Macross, right? Only visuals, for only the unseen, and even then only those from Macross, and even then judged on mech by mech basis. Microsoft has nothing to do with this because HG isn't challenging the ownership of Battletech license (for which it would have absolutely no grounds) and HG's entire lawsuit is about PGI and HBS displaying designs allegedly "stolen" from Macross designs owned by HG on their websites.

The absolute worst thing that could happen is that PGI/HBS might have to pay something to HG for "copyright infringement", and the designs that are deemed "stolen" will have to get a redesign since it's extremely unlikely PGI would pull existing mechs out of the game entirely.

Also, HG still can go to hell about their "ownership" of designs they didn't even produce. If Tatsunoko had half a brain when selling rights to their products, no Battletech fan would ever have to even hear about something called Harmony Gold.

About the mech: [heavy sigh]. I'll probably buy it, because I love IS mediums, but Uziel was such a disappointment that I'm failing to be excited. This mech will probably get no survivability quirks, with justification being "well, it's a fire support mech, it's not supposed to brawl!". It's cute, yes (in a very gritty mechanophilia sort of way), but cuteness can't help you survive on the battlefield.

#80 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:59 PM

For all the people bitching about the Hero here being P2W, as well as the Thanatos Hero? PGI is actually following CANON HERO VERSIONS of these mechs. YES, they sound broken as hell, but the problem with the weapons loadout and hardpoints isn't really their fault, especially since there's that vocal minority that whines about "non-canon hero mechs" (mostly Clanners)

They're actually following the lore, so you can't really have a good reason to ***** about it, even though you still will.

also, if you think the Thanatos hero is broken? it's supposed to have NINE missile hardpoints (all RL10s) in that arm. they actually toned it down to the equiv of 7 RL10s in five hardpoints. they actually made it LESS broken.

Edited by Arkhangel, 01 September 2017 - 09:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users