#81 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostHastur Azargo, on 01 September 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Ummm, barring the fact that I'm stupefied to see Battletech fans who want HG to win, I gotta say this: you guys do realize that HG can only challenge visual designs for mechs sourced from Macross, right? Only visuals, for only the unseen, and even then only those from Macross, and even then judged on mech by mech basis. Microsoft has nothing to do with this because HG isn't challenging the ownership of Battletech license (for which it would have absolutely no grounds) and HG's entire lawsuit is about PGI and HBS displaying designs allegedly "stolen" from Macross designs owned by HG on their websites.

The absolute worst thing that could happen is that PGI/HBS might have to pay something to HG for "copyright infringement", and the designs that are deemed "stolen" will have to get a redesign since it's extremely unlikely PGI would pull existing mechs out of the game entirely.

Also, HG still can go to hell about their "ownership" of designs they didn't even produce. If Tatsunoko had half a brain when selling rights to their products, no Battletech fan would ever have to even hear about something called Harmony Gold.

About the mech: [heavy sigh]. I'll probably buy it, because I love IS mediums, but Uziel was such a disappointment that I'm failing to be excited. This mech will probably get no survivability quirks, with justification being "well, it's a fire support mech, it's not supposed to brawl!". It's cute, yes (in a very gritty mechanophilia sort of way), but cuteness can't help you survive on the battlefield.

As long as it hurts PGI financially. They've been doing so much worse to the IP.

Edited by Domoneky, 01 September 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#82 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:28 PM

20 ton clan light please

#83 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 01 September 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

As long as it hurts PGI financially. They've been doing so much worse to the IP.

uh..... Dom?

MechAssault... and MechAssault 2.

Your arguement is invalid. as is your opionin since you clearly don't play the game, you just come here to ***** bout it.

#84 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 01 September 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

This isn't a Scorpion. Not at all.
Looks kind of like a tractor.

I find that highly offensive for all tracked tractors. On guard, sir!

#85 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

uh..... Dom?

MechAssault... and MechAssault 2.

Your arguement is invalid. as is your opionin since you clearly don't play the game, you just come here to ***** bout it.

oh I play. And yes I do come here mostly to **** all over it but that's because someone has to keep the hate alive. You all are way too happy about all this so I'm doing my civic duty to remind you to not be so happy.

#86 joker1974

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Rule of 3 again... you've changed that, no need to make +3 variants anymore. Use the resources to make... uh, maps?

#87 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 01 September 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Just saying... Needing funds to assist with defense against HG? .....

Wouldn't they release a popular 'Mech then? I know the Hellspawn was voted for a lot, but I doubt even a fraction of a fraction of theses voters would pay a dime for it.

Guess PGI realized the same late in development and added decals and cockpit item that are far more intesting then the 'Mech itself.

#88 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 01 September 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

20 ton clan light please

Has to be the Fire Moth, I remember the Ghost Bear's Legacy training trial in the Fire Moth. I am not sure why an almost 20 year old game engine could handle the speed of the Fire Moth, but MWO can't.

View PostThorn Hallis, on 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Wouldn't they release a popular 'Mech then? I know the Hellspawn was voted for a lot, but I doubt even a fraction of a fraction of theses voters would pay a dime for it.

Guess PGI realized the same late in development and added decals and cockpit item that are far more intesting then the 'Mech itself.

A PGI vs HG "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots" cockpit item would be cool.

View Postjoker1974, on 01 September 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

Rule of 3 again... you've changed that, no need to make +3 variants anymore. Use the resources to make... uh, maps?

Buy the collector pack and sell the other variants so you have cash to upgrade the special variant.

Edited by Ed Steele, 01 September 2017 - 11:40 PM.

#89 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

Nice - another Mech !

But I already have so many !

And without knowing the quirks I will never spend a single dollar on a Mech again !

#90 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 September 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

For all the people bitching about the Hero here being P2W, as well as the Thanatos Hero? PGI is actually following CANON HERO VERSIONS of these mechs. YES, they sound broken as hell, but the problem with the weapons loadout and hardpoints isn't really their fault, especially since there's that vocal minority that whines about "non-canon hero mechs" (mostly Clanners)

They're actually following the lore, so you can't really have a good reason to ***** about it, even though you still will.

also, if you think the Thanatos hero is broken? it's supposed to have NINE missile hardpoints (all RL10s) in that arm. they actually toned it down to the equiv of 7 RL10s in five hardpoints. they actually made it LESS broken.

I would much rather they ignore a lore Hero variant (as they have done in the past) than release the absolute best variant as a Hero. Even now, they could have simply given every other variant the same number of hardpoints, but not, they chose not to. So PGI, for the second 'mech in a row, decided to give the Hero more hardpoints. This is not good business, not in the long run.

So I'll still moan about it, because it's still a problem PGI decided to create for themselves.

#91 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:57 AM

I bet the IS Templar and Fafnair will be queue for next year. By the way, I want to play any COMSTAR or WoB mechs too...

#92 Kriri

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostHastur Azargo, on 01 September 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

About the mech: [heavy sigh]. I'll probably buy it, because I love IS mediums, but Uziel was such a disappointment that I'm failing to be excited. This mech will probably get no survivability quirks, with justification being "well, it's a fire support mech, it's not supposed to brawl!". It's cute, yes (in a very gritty mechanophilia sort of way), but cuteness can't help you survive on the battlefield.

This.

And because the Uziel was/is such a disappointment i wont buy the hellspawn.

I expect the ST hitboxes to be worse e.g. like the dragon (over the whole CT side)......wich makes no sense to me at all.

I like the design, i like the mech and prorder stuff.....but i dont like to have mechs in my mechbays, i don´t play (or i dont want to play)

Edited by Kriri, 02 September 2017 - 06:46 AM.

#93 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

View PostCH4CH, on 02 September 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

I bet the IS Templar and Fafnair will be queue for next year. By the way, I want to play any COMSTAR or WoB mechs too...

Timeline jump is short of Word of Blake, the Wobby Omnimechs start showing up after 3067 from memory. That being said; the newer Comstar mechs would be nice - we've already got quite a few of the Comstar Clanbuster mechs; but more Comstar would be appreciated.

#94 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

Looks nice but legs seem to be a little bit too fat compared to rest of the mech perhaps, not sure.

Edited by Kell Aset, 02 September 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#95 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

View Postjoker1974, on 01 September 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

Has anyone ever considered that while, yes rule of 3 is gone, the value of buying a pack is not? Okay so there are always suboptimal mechs in a pack, but if your were to price out 3 non-special variants of some mech, add premium time, add whatever trinkets you throw in, can you beat the price?

No.

So I get that some people may want to cherry pick variants and thats fair, but consider that some people are fine with giving all the variants a shot and like getting the extras.

#96 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 01 September 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

This isn't a Scorpion. Not at all.
Looks kind of like a tractor.

I got it!

Hellspawn looks like a Thunderbolt and a Ice Ferret had a baby.

#97 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

My 350+ fully equipped mechs kindly ask for some new playgrounds and some real challenging gamemodes that dont incurse out as Deathmatch 2.0 to play on.

They have ideas of non gravity and/or underwater terrains, real team orientated gamemodes where scounting and other special roles really matter and the most they like to see a Faction Warfare that gives em what has been promised to the founders at the beginning...

Edited by Akula0815, 02 September 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#98 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 01 September 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Has to be the Fire Moth, I remember the Ghost Bear's Legacy training trial in the Fire Moth. I am not sure why an almost 20 year old game engine could handle the speed of the Fire Moth, but MWO can't.

I want the Moth too, but, c'mon now. You're comparing a single player game with client side hit detection to an online one with a server side hit detection system. That's about as apples and oranges as it gets.

That said, I still think the Moth could be added. Just make MASC MK1 provide 0% speed increase, and call it a day. With speed tweak, the mech would not be much past the PGI self-imposed speed limit of the game.

#99 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 September 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I want the Moth too, but, c'mon now. You're comparing a single player game with client side hit detection to an online one with a server side hit detection system. That's about as apples and oranges as it gets.

That said, I still think the Moth could be added. Just make MASC MK1 provide 0% speed increase, and call it a day. With speed tweak, the mech would not be much past the PGI self-imposed speed limit of the game.

Make the masc not fixed equipment so if u don't want the other benefits w/o the speed...

Edited by MovinTarget, 02 September 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#100 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

I would soooo rahter have the Chimera than this... this, spawn of hell.
The hitboxes? As many have pointed out, a mixed oddball of dragon snout and the other half as flat as a Trebutchets.
I love the asymmetry. Still would rather wan the Chimera.

The loadouts would be sweet as F.

Posted Image

Hard to see which hardpoints go where

Posted Image

but left arm, right arm and right torso? would have clear-cut roles. Unlike the hellspwan. And they could vary it by different variants from 1-3 hardpoints of the respective weapon type. And swap em around as fit.
One variant could have 3 Ballistic hardpoints in right arm, 2 energy hardpoints in left arm and 1 missile hardpoint in right torso.
Another could have 1 ballistic in left, 3 energy in left arm and 2 missile hardpoints in right torso OR
3 ballistic in left arm, 3 missile in right arm and 1 energy in right torso.
Could also have 4 missiles in left arm, 1 energy in right arm and 2 ballistics in right torso.
Just some quick examples.

Hoping for the Hellhound MW4 style (separate it/ retcon it from the Conjurer (originally called Wolverine IIC?), to please both crowds)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users