151 replies to this topic

#21 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

View Postjss78, on 01 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I appreciate that PGI went for a lighter 'mech.

I'm still waiting for the Flea. Or Fire Moth. Or Raptor.

#22 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:23 AM

Though! I think I'll standard pack for the demon girl and frankemech style. I do like oddball builds.

#23 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

It's official: PGI hates my Vindicator

Srsly, this thing gets all the goodies (I am strangely attracted to it's asymmetrical tractor-ness).

Edited by stealthraccoon, 01 September 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#24 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 September 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Being cuboidal? A theoretically much smaller target, for one. Not having all the guns in the arms for another. While I expect quirks to be weak on the mech, it seems, at least theoretically, more viable than the Pixie.

This is true, it might have a beneficial geometry like the Crab. (Though I find the PXH to do quite well hit box wise. After they buffed the arms it distributes damage for a long time between arms and all torso sections, and the arms tend to stay on.)

#25 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Cataphract still needs a serious update on the "My CT Wider than an Awesome's CT ever was" issue.

This said, I like the missile door on the left side; it gives us hope that we will see missile doors in the future.

Large attachments like the thing for the right arm is pretty neat. The addition to the hitbox though can be a boon but has potential. I have an issue with it though. Currently, "missile tubes" on mechs is starting to matter less and less as each mech gets updated to have "all the tubes." I believe that some mechs, like the Javelin, have FAR too many tubes and would benefit if their smaller bodies well... didn't have so many tubes.
...much the same way as mechs with large, shootable "attachments" would benefit greatly from permitting a large number of tubes.

I think it may help to balance some issues, as well as potentially allow the Vindicator and Centurion to get their missile doors back with the +10 damage resistance to their launcher sides with the doors closed.

(Side note: In the case of big attachments like that right arm's upper missile platform... and Rocket Launchers... I think it would be interesting if the 'attachment' would, well, detach shortly after firing if it was mounting exclusively rocket launchers.)

Just some genuine feedback, PGI.

Edited by Koniving, 01 September 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#26 RazerThrone07

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Profits are made by making past mechs obsolete and selling new mechs and accessories, not playing the game.

#27 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 01 September 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

+50 for Flea.

#28 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

sigh ... the flea has been done for years now I think ... but it breaks the engine if i remember (it was too fast), and Russ did say it will not be released :(

#29 Dragonscar

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 24 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

I like the paint job on the Hellspawn Special :-)

#30 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

if only it was a crusader or any other 'classic'..
well, too bad I guess.

doesn't look bad or anything, just doesn't tickle the "must have, because of fond memories"-nerve.

#31 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

I will pre-order the standard pack, One will be painted green and called the Deere. One will be yellow and named Caterpillar. The third will be orange and named Kubota.

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostGroutknoll, on 01 September 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

sigh ... the flea has been done for years now I think ... but it breaks the engine if i remember (it was too fast), and Russ did say it will not be released Posted Image

It goes 97 kph stock. Given PGI's default treatment for max engines...
It'd top out at 138.9 kph before any speed tweak unlocks, which after speed tweak maxed out is 149.3175 kph.

MASC adds: a speed bonus of 10% on light mechs.
Flea's top speed with the biggest engine, full speed tweak, and MASC activated: 164.24925 kph.
Two fastest mechs currently in MWO without MASC: 167.1625 kph (any Commando except 2B) and 165.4425 kph (all Locusts).

So uh... what's this bullcrap about it being too fast? Outdated. Excuses are gone.

Oh, actually I might have done that wrong. I added 10% to the speed after speed tweak.
PGI's usual treatment of percentages...
Would actually have the percentages add together, not have one enhance after the other is done.

So rather than speed after speed tweak + 10%...
It'd be base speed + (7.5% speed tweak + 10% MASC) = base speed +17.5% = 163.2075 kph instead. O.o;
Will have to test using the Shadow Cat since mediums also get a 10% speed bonus through MASC.

Edit:
One addition. Using PGI's stated stats for MASC in all the roman numeral versions and what weights they affect...

The Firemoth, being an Omnimech cannot change its engine.
It's default speed + MASC is 178.2 kph.
+ MASC stacked on top of the post speed tweak speed as I originally calculated it here, 191.565 kph.
+ Speed tweak and MASC the second way I calculated it based on how PGI actually does percentages: 190.35 kph.

Hit registration is an issue if the mech is small and fast.
However, Fire Moth's canonical height is 11.4 meters, which is significantly taller than MWO's renditions of Flea and the Locust. It's actually much taller than PGI's rendition of the Mist Lynx which is supposed to be 10.6 meters, but is instead under 9 meters.

So uh, at about proper size hit registration against the Fire Moth shouldn't be an issue. Trying to hit it with homing missiles and/or lead it with autocannons might be hard though. But with the ACs you just gotta hit it once or twice.

Edited by Koniving, 01 September 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#33 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Considering history, PGI's inflated valuation of ECM and JJ, and Mr. Lowery's stated distaste for those awful power creep causing quirks...this thing is going to be practically beaten with the nerf bat before it ever enters the game.

#34 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Well, MW4 Mercenaries Nostalgy says "F*ck yeah!" while my logical thoughs say "HELL NO!!!" (Quite ironic taking into acount it's called Hellspawn)

It's a 45 tons medium with ECM and Jumpjets, which means PGI will surely not quirk it and be utter garbage just like the Uziel.
If anything, they will give it some minor leg and torso armor, but it's weirdness and almost mandatory speed for it's weight class will make people focus it's legs mainly
It has always had one of the weirdest hitboxes due to it resembling a Dragon with a hunch pretty much half the size of the mech just at Orion's level of weirdness, trying to be a missile brawler without having the tons or survivability necessary. A true "Frankenstein's monster" of a mech just like it's design shows.

Once it comes out, It will be only used as a SRM/MRM poptarter or the Hero as a ER-medium laser boat, Other than that, It'll be more unseen than the Warhammer and Marauder after HG's patent trolling

#35 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

It's a nice take on an ugly mech, but performance-wise it looks underwhelming.

- Timber Wolf shoot-me-here missile pod
- Archer here-I-come missile door
- possible Dragon snout
- average energy hardpoints

Guess I'll wait for a token cbill variant.

Edited by process, 01 September 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#36 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

View Postprocess, on 01 September 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

It's a nice take on an ugly mech, but performance-wise it looks underwhelming.

- Timber Wolf shoot-me-here missile pod
- Archer here-I-come missile door
- possible Dragon snout
- average energy hardpoints

Guess I'll wait for a token cbill variant.

It's pretty much the IS Shadow Cat, really, apart from lacking Ballistic hardpoints.

#37 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

the comparison to the shadow cat is what got me. This thing could just be fun. It will never be meta, which is a big bonus in my book.

#38 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

Would like to see the Stone Rhino featured in Mechwarrior Online.

#39 Jullian Starfingers

• Pip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Look realy nice to me and i like med Mech
So i take it!
Please PGI don't listen all those haters :)

All the best.
Jullian

Edited by Jullian Starfingers, 01 September 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#40 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 01 September 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

So, this thing again has ECM and Jumpjets. Based on how PGI overvalue ECM and Jumpjets, these mechs actually may not have any quirks at all.

Which means they are going to be utter trash.

It will be quirked similarly to the PHX-1B and PHX-2 most likely. So structure/armor and one or two weapon quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users