#141 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 20 September 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Is anyone else having an issue where clicking on the events button in game brings up the box, but it's empty? I see no events currently running even though we know there are events running.

Yeap. Same. Logged out and back in a few times yesterday. Nuttin.

#142 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 19 September 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

*Adds a pointlessly wonderful box that shows you where to type in chat.

*Still doesn't put back the feature to scroll up/down in chat that was in one patch and never seen again.

ggwpclose.

It's still in, check your keybindings. Mine got reset for some reason.

#143 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

View Postshockdiode, on 20 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Same here

Edit: If I alt-tab out of the client and back in, the event generally shows.

Thanks for adding that tip, but no luck for me there either. Event remains non-existent.

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 21 September 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#144 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostN0ni, on 18 September 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

Welp, Rocket Girl is going in most my mechs. 10/10 standing item.

Now we just need a Rocket Man cockpit item to match. Posted Image

#145 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

No Rocket Man or Rocket Man descendents...this game is set in the future.

#146 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Well, I'd settle for having Elton John playing the piano on a dropship as a cockpit item.

#147 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Because he's a ROCK-ET-MAN! ROCKETMAN!

Must have cowboy hat in hand.

Edited by MechaBattler, 21 September 2017 - 11:55 AM.

#148 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

Today's hotfix appears to have made our Faction Warfare attack planet issue worse.

Now it's 6 Clan planets under attack versus 2 IS planets...

Update as of Attack Phase 22-SEP-17 0200 USA EST:

-Okay, looks like it's 4 on 4...hopefully it's fixed now.

Thank you, if it is.

Edited by Commander A9, 21 September 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#149 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

After a few days of testing, I have to say I like 99% of the changes.

I don't think it's a great idea to nerf certain chassis due to abuse of a few players in competitive. Competitive is just one third of the game and the players in competitive will always find one way or another to make one specific variant better than the others.

(Like the DRG-1N and the FS9-H *cough*)

Also the heat containment fix... Really? This game is so overly inflated in regards to heat already, it's not even funny.

The strikes are a little better now, but still I don't think they were a good idea in the first place. You know, it's called MechWarrior, not MechCommander...

and then there was:

the Night Gyr still handles like a 90t assault... and yes, I will keep mentioning it, because it was way overnerfed and its abusive build was in fact nerfed twice.

the Cougar is performing as intended? Was it just added to game as dead tonnage? 87 kph is way too slow for a mech of its tonnage and it doesn't have any armor to help it - just give it a little more percentage on the speed tweak or some armor buffs. But probably a few players in competitive abuse the hell out of the Cougar... Don't get me wrong on this, you CAN do well in a few Cougar builds, but that doesn't make it viable in the current meta.

#150 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

Fix the damn orion....
Why the hell you switched the primary and secondary energy hardpoints is beyond me, but most of the orion IIC's look, just...bad now.
Like....thats like having a tank, and instead of mounting the main gun in the SLOT FOR THE GUN, were gna slap that **** on top of the turret and just bolt it down, like why? for minuscule increase in firing height? i guess?

Edited by XkrX Dragoon, 22 September 2017 - 03:21 AM.

#151 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostElizander, on 21 September 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

Now we just need a Rocket Man cockpit item to match. Posted Image

Ah, you opened the political can of worms there...at least for those of us who's heads it did not go over :-)

#152 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:07 PM

Is it just me or after the patch we could look at the map or the team lineups, and our mech would keep moving? Now after the hotfix, it seems like it's gone back to where if you look at the team line up, your mech stops moving.

#153 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 23 September 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

Is it just me or after the patch we could look at the map or the team lineups, and our mech would keep moving? Now after the hotfix, it seems like it's gone back to where if you look at the team line up, your mech stops moving.

n ot just you, I know it happened to me as well,
Now full stop when checking Posted Image

#154 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 23 September 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

The hotfix removed that solution because it was causing other problems with input (e.g. trying to click a person's name to report would fire your weapons).

#155 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

I Suggest checking back the results of September's 'Mech balance pass' :
- Some "balanced" variants are still widely abused : The missile velocity quirk nerf did NOTHING to curb the wide use and abuse of the Assassin ASN-21 4xSRM variant.
- Some "balanced" variants went straight from niche but usable variants to extinct variants, as a testimony that their variant wasn't in need of a nerf, as much as their alternative variants were in need of a buff.

There were only 12 Mech variants affected by September's 'Mech balance pass', so even without naming them it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which is which between those two extreme cases of failing to nerf the widely abused variant of one mech, while failing to buff the unpopular alternative variants of another.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 30 September 2017 - 07:33 AM.

#156 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:31 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 20 September 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Is anyone else having an issue where clicking on the events button in game brings up the box, but it's empty? I see no events currently running even though we know there are events running.

Yes...STILL having the issue with crickets from support.

#157 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

Dont like the special event mess.
It is so weird, especially with the daily mechtoberfest events now.

Posted Image

I would like to see what i have already done on the browser.

Edited by Ishishi, 07 October 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#158 Marcus Kyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

....and I'd like to see 'something'.... 'anything' in my special events browser! Still no fix for this issue then? Other than putting it back on the Website. At least they did this so I can view the events.

#159 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

I will take the Spirit Bear mobility buffs. I have moaned about the SB movement nerfs for a while now so thankyou for that (and the other non KDK-3 movement buffs for that matter).

With that being said - what the hell is going on there guys? You have a test server to use and supposedly someone who is here to "balance" the game. Come on pull your finger out of youre collective bottoms and ASK US for help.

ASK US (the playerbase) to get on the test server and start testing things!

This game just needs some actual balancing between top performers and bottom performer mechs and an actual social / chat system in game to link up with friends and groups. Do this an all of a sudden the game just got so much better for all involved!

I really want to buy the Nightstar as well as a few of the other new mechs coming out but how can I spend money when I have such little confidence left? Im not rich but im also not poor and as such, I am quite happy to spend money on games that I like. Im finding that hard to do with mechwarrior right now.

Edited by HGAK47, 16 October 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#160 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 16 October 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I will take the Spirit Bear mobility buffs. I have moaned about the SB movement nerfs for a while now so thankyou for that (and the other non KDK-3 movement buffs for that matter).

With that being said - what the hell is going on there guys? You have a test server to use and supposedly someone who is here to "balance" the game. Come on pull your finger out of youre collective bottoms and ASK US for help.

ASK US (the playerbase) to get on the test server and start testing things!

This game just needs some actual balancing between top performers and bottom performer mechs and an actual social / chat system in game to link up with friends and groups. Do this an all of a sudden the game just got so much better for all involved!

I really want to buy the Nightstar as well as a few of the other new mechs coming out but how can I spend money when I have such little confidence left? Im not rich but im also not poor and as such, I am quite happy to spend money on games that I like. Im finding that hard to do with mechwarrior right now.

I'm confused by your post. They addressed your concerns with a certain mech after adjusting multiple other factors and making the change to keep a group of similar mechs balanced at the same time based on data collected over a series of months. Chris has explained that they have a system for screening the quality of community advice (i.e. making sure that the one commenting actually uses the mech in its current state). Could you explain what inspires the lack of confidence? I only ask because using a methodology based on data collection, identifying outliers, and trying to find credible community sources of feedback, and then proceed to make adjustments accordingly seems like a set of qualities I'd typically assume build confidence.

I believe they still use statistics and principles such as sample size and error chance reduction as a universally accepted means of defining a sample's quality, but it seems a lot of people feel that their unique experience overrides a lot of well established norms lately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users