310 replies to this topic

#21 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

It's probably just me, but I'm a bit upset to see Nvidia Dawn and Coconut Monkey offered up for grabs. I liked to think those items were a bit sacred to all those who played early on to help this game succeed. If your going to release items that were once exclusive content then don't just stop there, bring on every 'Mech, paint, camo, cockpit item, and cycle them as rewards too. Don't hold back now.

#22 RickWildstar

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIscandar

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

The coconut monkey and NVIDIA Dawn were rewards during the Memorial Day challenge as well as people getting them from the PC gamer codes long after the magazine issue was off the newsstands. The exclusivity you seek Sennin is long gone.

#23 The Reaper Beckons

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

Lame. The warhorns were as recent as 2 events ago. Looks like an uhill slog for 600MC. LMFAO I dont think so.

#24 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Worst thing about this event: requiring Clan accounts to play Assaults in FW.

#25 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostSennin, on 28 September 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

It's probably just me, but I'm a bit upset to see Nvidia Dawn and Coconut Monkey offered up for grabs. I liked to think those items were a bit sacred to all those who played early on to help this game succeed. If your going to release items that were once exclusive content then don't just stop there, bring on every 'Mech, paint, camo, cockpit item, and cycle them as rewards too. Don't hold back now.

yeah when they released those it chapped my *** a little.

#26 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

oh my, this is a bad event. there will be way too many solo droppers for sure, now.
this event will turn competitive play into a FFA, which that already exist in Quick Play

would work, if you have to be at least in a 4man group, that would encourage the use of LFG, That still would not mean they'll listen, but possibly there can be some team work.
as much as I wanted an event include FP in it, this one ,was not the way.

oh well . . for those not familiar with the competitive and team work in Faction Play . . be prepared to seeing that 'Defeated" at the end of each match you attempt

and some advice, Don't reinforce, listen to the drop caller, call targets, and prepare to be aggressive when asked

#27 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

I can count on one hand the times I've dropped a light or an assault in Clan FP.

This is gonna suck.

edit: After looking over the challenges, one of the controlling challenges for me is the overall kill requirement of 50. I probably average about 3 kills per pug FP drop, so it should take me somewhere around 15-20 matches to complete that part of the challenge. In doing so, I should be able to complete the other ones like assists, solos and dmg.

Now, the one requiring a WIN in every mode of FP however, I've learned from experience that one could take a while. Depending how drops go, if could easily take 4-5 tries for any given mode to get the win. Now think of how long you might have to play the game to get that mode to pop up that many times. If the game happens to be in such a phase, you've got like a 40% chance of getting it I think? If it isn't in that phase, the odds are just 5% I think? Except for siege, which is higher in all phases.

That portion should seriously be a game score challenge. Maybe we have to get a somewhat highish game score in 1 game for each mode, like 150 or so. it should be something that you can still achieve with solid play in a loss. Plus that eliminates the clowns who basically don't even play, but tag along for a win anyways if they troll enough matches.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 28 September 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#28 Bownd

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

I think the rewards and having an FP are great..thanks PGI.

Can i just make a request to allow future events to be completed in both faction and quickplay and not just one mode.

#29 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

This kinda MC-event should be running all o time in FP to get PPL playing it.

#30 Angrius Windstorm

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Nice to see. More Faction Play incentives! Bring it on Posted Image

#31 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

I see that again we have challenges that require a win in a specific game mode..

Have you learned nothing PGI?

These sort of challenges SUCK because they are not dependent on what a single player can do, but more on all the other players in a team. And as we all know, you can't really count on PUGs to do anything.. so I anticipate a hole lot of frustration.

Also, getting that one mode you need to complete all of them can take 5 minutes or 5 days..

SUCKS.

Edited by Vellron2005, 28 September 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#32 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

1. Specific game modes for a prize.
2. No word on Scouting for first two, no word on if Tournament Supporters get bonuses.
3. Forcing all four weight classes in FP.

3 strikes, yer outa here event. I'm skipping.

#33 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostRubberanvil, on 28 September 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

The PC-Gamer mag with the code was damn near impossible to find a legitimate copy of for years.

I bought two copies on the newsstand the month it was out, one for me and one for a friend who no longer plays. The idea of the rewards were that they were supposed to be rare, but the camo was already re-released with the NCIX Centurion (although it had different colors and is only on that Mech). Oh well, at least the Founder's items are not purchasable (yet).

#34 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

I used to hate those useless events where the only thing you can get is a green icon somewhere in the statistic and maybe some MC and a stupid cockpit thingy... Today I just try to ignore them. But whenever I take a look to the FW-Map, I sometimes just cannot ignore the missed chances that go by for tihs game every day. I can't seem to get the reason why to stay so far below the obvious...

#35 Frisian Rebel Ace

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

Clearly PGi still haven't played FP them selfs.

If i look at he challenges for the type of mechs.

PS: Remove the smallest QP maps and remove more time from the QP-stuff.

And make 10 more FP-maps, improve the old FP maps.

AND PROVIDE INFO ABOUT FP TO THE NEW PLAYERS.
that counts for moe things in this game.

#36 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

Sounds like a good event. Unfortunately I have no time because I move and my pc is packed. Bad timing ^^

#37 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

yay nvidia fairy--- aaand holidays next week :P

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 September 2017 - 12:24 AM.

#38 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:49 AM

I'm very very sceptical about all the "WIN" challenges. Last time I touched CW it wasn't possible unless you drop with huge premade against pug.
Also it requires clarification if "Kill" challenges are to be completed in either FP or QP or both?
Its nice to see mc as a reward again, but event handling is just ech.

#39 Baltor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

The last event worked fine for me but now I have nothing listed under 'Future Events'. Shouldn't the new event be there?

And specific modes in faction play? PGI are you serious? That's outright wrong. We don't have the time to hope that the RNG will give us all the game modes and even if we get a game mode that we still miss there is no guarantee that we will win.

And please return tracing on http://mwomercs.com/tournaments.

Edit: Okay, I see the future event ingame now. But the descriptions are IMHO even less clear than on the homepage.

Edited by Baltor, 29 September 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#40 Mech Toast

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

Posted ImageFind the feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users