#41 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Flamers and lasers for the head shot mission. Got some crazy ideas to do to the Hunchback 4P. Not sure if ill do 3 large pulse or 6 medium pulse and a few flamers. Head shot should be easy. Use lasrs to stress test head armor then 2 alpha and you get your head shot.

#42 Himmelstrife

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

So basically the web browser is broken and they dont know when its going to get fixed? hopefully before the 2 weeks.

#43 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostHimmelstrife, on 07 October 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

So basically the web browser is broken and they dont know when its going to get fixed? hopefully before the 2 weeks.

No, not the web browser. For many players the in-game event browser do not shows any details. And PGI can't fix it, because their tech guys can't reproduce the problem. (And PGI of course forgot to build in an emergency "Auto Redeem for all players" function.. )

And yes, the 2 weeks ends on friday... and all we can do, is just hope for a miracle.

#44 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

I'm still unclear on why auto-redeem was taken out. It was only the single edge case of active premium time where redemption control mattered, which never involved more than a couple of days at most, and only complained about by the most complainiest of complainers.

#45 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 07 October 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostKalimaster, on 07 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

We need to be able to claim our prizes from the web display also. Thank you.

Er, you must mean bring auto-redeem back Posted Image

No, they didn't mean "Auto-Redeem"... They very much meant "Manual Redeem from Website Page"... Sometimes, people might want to be able to play, but NOT collect something immediately, if at all. PGI's move to make it the choice of the player seems actually a good move to me. For example, take note of the post below that I'm going to reply to now. B)

View PostJames Argent, on 07 October 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

I'm still unclear on why auto-redeem was taken out. It was only the single edge case of active premium time where redemption control mattered, which never involved more than a couple of days at most, and only complained about by the most complainiest of complainers.

James Argent, the Auto-Redemption of "Active Premium Time" actually caused a problem. If a person didn't want to use it immediately, they were actively forced to NOT log on to the game, otherwise it starts ticking without regard to what a player was thinking. This hurts PGI's online player numbers, causes pilots to get rusty, and potentially drives people away from the game over various issues. That stack of issues includes Medical Problems, Genetic Problems, Health Concerns, Mental Issues, Social Problems, Workplace Employment, and other situations which involve timing preventing someone from having a clear moment to put maximum time into playing on MWO over anything else. Heck, if PGI would just make "Active Premium Time" PAUSE while a player is logged out, that probably would have fixed all the issues related to "Active Premium Time", but they aren't willing to do that. They're bent on forcing someone to be logged on and playing during the whole time that stuff is ticking away, without regard to what that will do with the mental state of their player base. So YES, having the ability to some extent to CONTROL when something will be redeemed is actually necessary for that. :huh:

As for controlling the rest, well, that's icing on the cake for people who were picky about things they didn't like. Some don't like certain types of Cockpit Items. Others don't like certain Colors. Some don't like certain Decals. And heck, you do remember all those crazy, role-playing nuts who don't like picking up Mechs from the opposite side of the Faction Warfare battlefield, right? Looks like they finally got their wish, in a way. Probably not exactly as they would like, but there has to be a balance, I think. ;)

Now, that said, the only thing that ever gave me a headache was the "Active Premium Time"... I'll be much more happy, now that I would have more of an ability to control when it triggered, instead of having to not be available to other players here on MWO... I personally like to collect all the (MC)/(C-Bills)/'War Horns'/'Other Cockpit Items'/Decals/Colors/Patterns/'General XP'/'Mech Bays'/'Reward Mechs'/etc. that I can... Heck, I've also been glad to see all those "35% off Mechs"/"50% off Mechs"/"50% off Mech Bays" sales that have happened. I hope the flow of Event Rewards always stays around, because MWO would get a tad dull without the shake-ups from (and incentives for) challenging people to think outside the box. :D

Anywho, everyone, pardon me while my brain takes a rest. I think I've been up for a few too many hours. :blush:

~Mr. D. V. "Damnit... I've gone verbose again... Am I cursed to do 'Wall-Of-Text Disorder' forever???" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author because they screwed up an emote call...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 07 October 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#46 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Definitely not auto-redeem, but either a way to redeem from the website (has that ever been done b4?) or to have a separate Redeem-All button on the Rewards page, without having to go into the Event details. As in a Redeem All button on the same page where they show Past, Active and Future Events main rows.

Even for me with a working Events tab, clicking through the individual challenges and clicking redeem one by one is silly UX.

#47 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Why do you need to claim the rewards on the website? If someone plays an event he can claim the rewards immediately after the game he played. So why is it necessary to do it on the website?

#48 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostB0ll0, on 07 October 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Why do you need to claim the rewards on the website? If someone plays an event he can claim the rewards immediately after the game he played. So why is it necessary to do it on the website?

You dont pay very good attention do you?

For about half the population, the in-game event tab does not work with any regularity.

#49 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Because some people (read: the whole reason the website event tracker was reinstated) cannot get the in-game event tab to work, no matter how long they let it synch or which in-game tab from which they try to access it. Forcing manual redemption in-game means they cannot receive their prizes even if they complete the event requirements.

Edited by James Argent, 07 October 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#50 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

I actually got an update from the Events Tab for Day Two of this challenge, which allowed me to actually click on and acknowledge that I completed the event. I would count this as progress...

But, no, I still cannot read the Events tab otherwise.

#51 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

I'm sadly one of those experiencing problems with event browser but am starting to be able to access the event redemptions using a work-around.

Initially, contact technical support to let pgi know that you have the problem. This should help them understand how many people are struggling.

The following is working for me (sometimes).

From the home tab, click on event icon. No data showing.
Click the past/future/current lines so that the arrow is pointing down. Still no data.
Close the event browser.
Click on mechlab tab and then the event icon. Data may now show in one of the event listings. If not.....
Close event browser.
Click on store, comp or faction tabs and then the event icon. Rinse and repeat in each major tab in an attempt to see the data.

Note that this only worked after I contacted support. Not sure if relevant but felt I ought to mention it.

I hope this may be of help to some of you.

Zeph

#52 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

I've got my headshot.Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

I'll take this as an acknowledgement they're still trying to get something going with this new in-game event screen I keep hearing rumours about.

Still not a thing for me. Nice to see it's back on the website, where I can actually see it, but IF I managed to get any of the challenges done over the last weeks, I still won't get any prizes, as redeeming still needs to be done via a button, in-game, I have yet to see.

Yes, I'm getting a bit sarcastic, sorry, not sorry.

#54 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

For the people who want to do the headshot achievement

https://mwomercs.com...x-localization/

personally I haven't been impressed with most rewards since they added new event system enough to bother, and turned off by things like the random chance / requiring being on at certain times Win in every game mode FP event when FP is my fav mode.

#55 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

So how can we redeem if the in-game Event tab isn't working?

#56 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

First game, first enemy in flamer range, got him overheated, hit the cockpit, event done for today. Lucky me. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Joe Wildstar

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

I have this problem with the event tracker in-game. I use a laptop to play I don't know if that is a problem or just my video card or just the no-name clan messing the heck up for some players now it seems doing the events isn't worth it if they can't or won't fix it if they can't figure why it isn't working for some players

#58 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

For folks looking at the B33Fs video, keep in mind that 1) Small Pulse Laser damage was scaled down and 2) the Survival tree can increase structure and armor, so you potentially need closer to 40 damage to decapitate. I pulled this off this morning with a 6 Flamer/4 Heavy Medium laser Nova.

Edited by Iron Lemur, 08 October 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#59 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

Day 3: Load up on flamers and whatever :D Yay!

#60 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostJoe Wildstar, on 08 October 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

I have this problem with the event tracker in-game. I use a laptop to play I don't know if that is a problem or just my video card or just the no-name clan messing the heck up for some players now it seems doing the events isn't worth it if they can't or won't fix it if they can't figure why it isn't working for some players

Honestly, I think it may be a few different things making it difficult for us. I've got an older laptop and a new PC. Neither can see the in-game browser. I've been back and forth with tech support, sending various reports from both systems, trying this and that suggestion, with no positive results. Apparently, they can't duplicate the situation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users