Special Events Now Available On The Web

139 replies to this topic

#121 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

Is that stuff still Flash and you need to have it updated?

#122 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

View Postarcana75, on 10 October 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

For those with issues getting the events info to appear in-game, try to see if there's a REDEEM button in the PAST EVENTS tab.

If you click on PAST EVENTS, without actually drilling down into the event details there should be a REDEEM button. Give that a try see if it appears for you. If not, well...Posted Image

There are no "PAST EVENTS" or "REDEEM" buttons.. Just 3 lines (FUTURE/ACTIVE/RECENT EVENTS). We can't open it. There are nothing else there...

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 11 October 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Monday evening, I uninstalled MWO from Steam and downloaded the client directly from the website. 3,5 hours on Aussie internet. It seemed not to patch at all though, so couldn't run it. Ran the repair tool, which painstakingly slow, started downloading patch files or packages or whatever. I left it to run, but it got stuck every now and then. So I had to close the repair tool and restart it. That took most of my Tuesday evening.

At some point, it declared all good and ready to go. It did go. Game booted up, I got in. Tried mechlab, which took a while, but came up. Worse with the skill tree, but it did appear.

The event window remained the same however. Pull down menus with nothing showing when clicking the arrow. Left it sitting for a few min. nothing. Left it for about 20-25 min. Nothing.

No event info, nor any redeeming via this in-game feature for me.

I just checked this new website feature, I did my three victories today. It shows 100%. Going back quite a ways, it shows 100% on a few of the Ballistic challenges as well. No rewards of course.

Now what?

(Uninstall is the only way, I didn't try.. Thanks for trying.. )

So... Since the reedem time is ending soon, and nothing changed, PGI is still silent at the subject... No words on "extend the redeem times" till they figured out, what is wrong with the Event Browser.. or any other workable solutions... So..

I think, the english phrase for our situation is: "We're screwed,... big time!"

#123 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 11 October 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

There are no "PAST EVENTS" or "REDEEM" buttons.. Just 3 lines (FUTURE/ACTIVE/RECENT EVENTS). We can't open it. There are nothing else there...

(Uninstall is the only way, I didn't try.. Thanks for trying.. )

So... Since the reedem time is ending soon, and nothing changed, PGI is still silent at the subject... No words on "extend the redeem times" till they figured out, what is wrong with the Event Browser.. or any other workable solutions... So..

I think, the english phrase for our situation is: "We're screwed,... big time!"

Sorry to hear it isn't working. Damn but yeah the simple solution is to extend the redemption deadline, especially if you can see that you've won the rewards via the website, until the problem is fixed.

View PostThorqemada, on 11 October 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

Is that stuff still Flash and you need to have it updated?

Doubt it's Flash related. I don't even have Flash installed on my Windows and these days the primary reason for Flash no longer exists ie to watch YouTube videos, since YT doesn't use Flash anymore.

#124 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

The 'obvious solution' is to go back to auto-redemption until they can guarantee that everybody can get the rewards they've earned through the manual redemption.

#125 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

Just auto complete these events at end of the redemption time. That way if they want to redeem it right away they can, if not they will at least be guaranteed their payout at the end. I understand some people wouldn't redeem if say it gave them active premium time till they wanted to use it but if you don't redeem it after say 2 weeks. Just inject it into their account.

#126 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

try uninstalling and reinstalling every thing on your computer.

#127 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

The newest 'Battle of Luthien' event coming up is amazing.

#128 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

So far in trying to complete day 6 of mechtoberfest I have had nothing but missmatched loss after missmatched loss...my team having 3-5 people in trial mechs and 1-2 assaults vs other teams comprised of as many founders as my team had trials and the enemy team sometimes with 4-5 assaults to our 1-2...how is this balanced PGI? You spend so much time and effort trying to balance tech, weapons and making sure no mech performs "too good", how about putting as much effort into ensuring teams are ballanced? Needing to play 4-9 games just to get a single win just isnt fun (specially when none of the games are close...unless 5-12 is what PGI thinks a close match should be). Day 6 of this event is taking far too many games to complete not because its a hard challenge but because you match maker is determining the outcome for most games before the game starts.

#129 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

^I guess things balance out, because many days, pug matches are crap for me. Loss after loss, usually with me in the top 4 performances for my team.

Today, I haven't lost a match yet. I think it's 7 straight wins.

#130 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

I don't recall seeing anything officially posted about it as of yet, but do the Mechtober events include any bonuses for Tournament Supporters?

#131 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 11 October 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

I don't recall seeing anything officially posted about it as of yet, but do the Mechtober events include any bonuses for Tournament Supporters?

I tweeted Russ Bullock on this, no reply. Day 6 will end in 5 hours so we'll know soon if we'll get the 6 Day Event bonuses afterwards. Considering that the 6 Day Events were 6 separate events, I would have thought to receive the bonuses at the end of each Day, but it didn't happen, so I suspect it is NOT going to happen. I am not sure if this actually reneges on the Support Pack deal. FWIW:

Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017.

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 11 October 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

So far in trying to complete day 6 of mechtoberfest I have had nothing but missmatched loss after missmatched loss...my team having 3-5 people in trial mechs and 1-2 assaults vs other teams comprised of as many founders as my team had trials and the enemy team sometimes with 4-5 assaults to our 1-2...how is this balanced PGI? You spend so much time and effort trying to balance tech, weapons and making sure no mech performs "too good", how about putting as much effort into ensuring teams are ballanced? Needing to play 4-9 games just to get a single win just isnt fun (specially when none of the games are close...unless 5-12 is what PGI thinks a close match should be). Day 6 of this event is taking far too many games to complete not because its a hard challenge but because you match maker is determining the outcome for most games before the game starts.

Do what I do and keep switching mech classes, it kinda helps with the matchmaker, esp when you feel a losing streak coming.

Edited by arcana75, 11 October 2017 - 06:19 PM.

#132 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 11 October 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Seems the mech-toberfest event doesn't have any additional rewards for owners of the tournament supporter pack. Maybe cuz it's counted as some kind of daily challenges or whatever.

#133 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

It does say under the Tournament Supporters Pack info that we should get a bonus on each event though:

"Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017."

https://mwomercs.com/store/tournament

#134 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

OK cool, but where is the countdown and patch notes for Tuesdays patch and releases?

#135 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 12 October 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

Seems the mech-toberfest event doesn't have any additional rewards for owners of the tournament supporter pack. Maybe cuz it's counted as some kind of daily challenges or whatever.

View PostDaemonara, on 12 October 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

It does say under the Tournament Supporters Pack info that we should get a bonus on each event though:

"Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017."

https://mwomercs.com/store/tournament

There could now be a distinction between an Event and a Challenge. You never know, when they made the Support Pack and the conditions within, they weren't thinking of the new Event feature. They certainly didn't account for the Support Pack when they made the new Event feature, cuz I think the post-Event injections require extra work from the team, and the whole point of the Event system was to reduce the manual work required to give out rewards.

#136 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Somewhere I have a memory of someone saying they got it to work when they switched to FactionPlay mode in game.

I tried this just now. Event screen did not work in FP.

I switched back to QuickPlay and it worked. I could redeem the one Octoberfrust Challenge I picked up.

Good news eh?

There's two challenges in the Ballistic one from just over 2 weeks ago? I do not seem to be able to redeem anything there.

Dammit PGI, really? You couldn't leave a bunch prizes up until this stuff was sorted properly?

I'll post this around, hope it helps a few more people.

#137 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

There's absolutely no reason to have an expiration date on any event reward if PGI can't ensure that all their customers can redeem them. Failing that, auto-redeem everything at the expiration date/time. Come on, we know the auto-inject system is still intact. USE IT.

#138 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Here's the post-patch update. I've got recent and future event bars, but still no data...
Posted Image

#139 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

so how do we even redeem these things? ive noticed nothing popping up in-game upon completion, nothing here on the site with the event pages themselves...and id sure as Hellspawn love to redeem that 2 million MC and 200 MC from the "3 wins" Mechtoberfest challenge...

and yes, you CAN shoot me for that horrible joke!

#140 Joshua Winters

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostLavos, on 18 October 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

so how do we even redeem these things? ive noticed nothing popping up in-game upon completion, nothing here on the site with the event pages themselves...and id sure as Hellspawn love to redeem that 2 million MC and 200 MC from the "3 wins" Mechtoberfest challenge...

and yes, you CAN shoot me for that horrible joke!

I just went to the online event browser and they have installed a redeem button so you can redeem online without being in-game. I still can't see anything in game but at least I was able to claim my awards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users