Battle For Luthien Faction Play Event

445 replies to this topic

#141 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

View PostNightbird, on 12 October 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

No, but the result is Clan won IS lost.

Hey, now! Just because that happened for every event ever doen't mean.... aw, who am I kidding...

#142 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 October 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Are you freaking kidding me? How greedy can you clan players possibly be?

It doesn't matter that they're offering a Mauler vs a Mist Lynx, because there's NO CHANCE AT ALL they're going to have to give out any Maulers. NONE. The clans have won every single faction event they've done for years. They could offer every IS player 200000 mech credits for a win, and it wouldn't matter. PGI would never have to pay up. It's the safest bet in the world.

You play the clans, you're automatically going to get a free Mist Lynx. Period. Stop whining, you're getting free mechs just for playing clans. How childish do you have to be to complain about the free stuff you're going to get?

UNLESS some of the groups out there are allowed to change faction in time for the event, which they can't.

#143 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 11 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

I am listening to your feedback guys really trying to make the events fun.
I am looking forward to making some Clan VS Clan events and IS vs IS events in the near future.

Hey Matt (and PGI),

Hang in there man!! It's gotta be pretty challenging to come up with ideas that appeal to the masses, when the masses have seemingly infinite likes and dislikes, not to mention that the masses also seem to have MANY experts who know what is best for everyone!

I am absolutely no "White Knight" by any means, and I have my likes and dislikes too. I just appreciate that you guys are working and putting in effort to make this game enjoyable and hopefully viable for some time to come! Thanks!!

Chilly

#144 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

We still don't have victory conditions established, do we?

And the question of whether or not those who are not Kurita or Smoke Jaguar will have their battles contribute to the Luthien victory bar has yet to be addressed.

#145 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

You Clanners keep worrying about the I.S. winning a mauler and I'll keep worrying about what do with all money I'll win when I hit the lottery (even though I haven't bought a lottery ticket in the last 5 years)

Same odds, amiright?

#146 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

I will do my part in this battle and so will many [COMA] mechwarriors.

IS pilots; please group up with any available unit in TS to make a world of difference in your drops.

TS-> frrhub.isengrim.org | password: Dragon

Have fun and see you in the battlefield. o7

#147 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Before the salt and tears, those going for the Event I hope you remember that only certain planets qualify for the Event, not all.

#148 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

View Postarcana75, on 12 October 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Before the salt and tears, those going for the Event I hope you remember that only certain planets qualify for the Event, not all.

What does this mean? We can't choose what planets we are attacking. Loyalist can vote, but can't choose.

So unless there's something really peculiar going on, all attacks are part of the event.

#149 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Before making such events, there should be a balance established between clans and IS.Otherwise you can offer 1000 Maulers with 1 000 000 MC as a win condition reward , which IS would never receive .
But thanks anyway for your efforts.

#150 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 11 October 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

So i have a friend who want the Smoke Jaguar Grey colour reward. Lucky him, his IS semi-contract ends in 3 days. He noticed there's a 10 game requirement before he will be a Loyalist. Will the game count retroactively? Is there a better/faster course of action for my... friend? If he quit his unit now, would his current contract be broken now and would there be a waiting period to join another one?

This was partially answered but to complement it.

No, you become loyalist the moment contract is taken. Those 10 games are only required prior to receiving the loyalty bonus cbills for winning, as well as to gain loyalty points for performance, and to vote for planets to attack. But as far as anything else, you are already loyal to a faction. In the same manner as far as events go, Im pretty sure players are also considered still to be loyal, even if they are in the deserter period.

If "semi contract" is merc, then it can't be forced to end.

#151 GreyDemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin / Germany

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

I am very happy about this Challange. I will do best , but only if the great Merc Units will come to IS side , a victory is possible.

#152 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

Nice try, PGI. But what does this all have to do with the political situation on the Inner Sphere Map? TERRA has been surrounded for weeks and now we go back to Luthien?

Try again!

And to all those who think "playing Lore events" would "replay things from the books". You don't get it! Lore means that we play the Invasion of the Inner Sphere in the roles of the factions. The fun of it all is to play our own politics on a dynamic map _inside_ the lore of the factions. Not sure if people get the whole concept of RPG...

Edited by Meldric Ward, 12 October 2017 - 11:41 PM.

#153 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

Thanks Matt for the event.

I appreciate that you're trying (and succeeding) in giving us new incentives to play.

#154 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

of course they offer a mist lynx for a mauler, they are about the same worth. have you forgotten the clan xl and the other expensive stuff the clans carry? obviously they would not give a timber wolf vs a mauler, way too much difference.

also, why are you clanners even worried? in the end, we all know that NO maulers, not even a single left arm of one, will be delivered to participants of the IS faction. they could have offered ALL the IS mechs together and still not a single one would be delivered to the IS side, its just a fact by now.

the only thing that could help IS against the insanely strong clan faction/mrrc units fighting for clan would be a much bigger dropdeck difference. if you look at the leaderboards, the IS fropdeck advantage did not matter at all. maybe a difference of 65tons would help a lot more. sounds extreme, but considering the leaderboard its maybe worth a try.

Edited by Genesis23, 13 October 2017 - 12:50 AM.

#155 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:14 AM

And here we go again, another event with FP really not appropriately adjusted. Posted Image

About the rewards (the only real reason I will participate):

In my opinion, unless you are a loyalist, the rewards come a little bit short given the time and effort all players will spend achieving the requirements. It is still the same MWO faction play, unchanged for good and real balance, games are longer and frustration and nonsense will probably get higher. What you get, unless you are fairly new to the game is not bad, but this time, except for the mech bay part, it is not that good. It's interesting that every house or clan will get a chance to earn particular rewards. Those are pretty cool for the ones fixed with Kurita or SJ.

About what the experience will be:

Guess PGI doesn't have the means, or will, or gaming population to finally bring to good terms that part of the game we all look up to be improved. It's been 5 years give or take, so seems it won' t happen. Posted Image

This is what we got. Posted Image If you can handle the current state of FP go ahead, if not, don't play it.

So IS players prepare to mainly lose when your best units don't show around. And clan tech users be ready to be abused when you are just another pug against a well organized unit with experience.

By the state this game is going, my bet is that clanners will win... again, maybe I will be wrong, but nor clan or IS units are as active as they used to be back then, when FP had just a little more sense and density to be played significantly. And guess what PGI has to do to make that population grow back again significantly? Yes, precisely, related to the first line mentioned here up there.

IS or clan victory? As a merc I don't care frankly, and I go with contracts just because they now offer more flexibility. FP was not always a prison where you pledged your fixed alliance to a house or clan or face far too high penalties. I would rather be a loyalist if it had real sense being one.

#156 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 12 October 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

What does this mean? We can't choose what planets we are attacking. Loyalist can vote, but can't choose.

So unless there's something really peculiar going on, all attacks are part of the event.

Tsk tsk tsk... I suspect there will be an ocean of tears soon enough. Maybe another Frustration Bonus is on the way.

I posted the details in the forum, so I won't repeat myself. Go ingame and click on the event and click on CONFLICT PLANETS tab. It lists about 20 planets that qualify for the Event. So don't play the event without checking the planet first.

EDIT: I'll be nice and post the link: https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5914580

Edited by arcana75, 13 October 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#157 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

Its not counting. Event brocken.

#158 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 13 October 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Yap, at least the new event system worked 3 times already, thats more than anyone expected.

#159 FdM

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 13 October 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Same for me.

#160 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Not counting.

But at least we encountered the saltiest IS player ever. Almost Rust level of salt ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users