Battle For Luthien Faction Play Event

445 replies to this topic

#421 Borg 4

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

It seems a tie means no mechs for anyone, and of course nobody is happy about that. the clans won over 90% of their faction warfare games, even though this is still due to game game imbalence. The clanners should have been considered the winners and given their champion mist lynx, or everyone should have been given choice, it would have been a small price to pay for PGI to finally get a positive response from their frustrated player base. and then theirs the chronic balance issue..... cant we just have 2 five player clan stars vs 3 inner sphere lances? that would give the inner sphere a lore accurate numbers advantage properly represented in game and give in game validity to the better clan mechs and tech.

#422 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

I finished Kurita and battle event in first 5 houres, and my contract ended. Started with Jaguars, and saw that my 12 machs over 150 are vaisted with Kurita. Now I dont have Prize of IS!!!!
That's it. NO MAULER (C) FOR ME!!!!

I think that I answered the TIE result.

PGI sad to me it is start error of event.
I think that I will take the rest!

#423 Quinn Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 278 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Probably because of all the cry babies, crying about the whole Mauler vs Mist Lynx thing. PGI decided, like a strict parent, that NOBODY gets a mech then.

#424 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostQuinn Allard, on 17 October 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Probably because of all the cry babies, crying about the whole Mauler vs Mist Lynx thing. PGI decided, like a strict parent, that NOBODY gets a mech then.

That's so good, lol

Well got my 4 mil and mechbay, bought a Wolfhound and put some stuff in it cool

#425 SaltIsMyFuel

Rookie

• Shujin
  • Shujin
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

On a good world, everyone would be a winner, on pgi´s world, everybody is a loser!
My sodium chloride reactor is getting more fuel :).

#426 Makafri

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

is there any way to claim the mechbay here and not ingame via the "special-event"-button?
i dont see anything but black there ever since it started.

#427 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

Twilight Fenrir, you are absolutely right.
When will the next battle fornthe Luthien be placed?

#428 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Clans had the win meter pinned the whole time ??? What kind of new bs is claiming a tie when the meter clearly showed Clans DOMINATING to the point IS pilots quit because there wasn't a point.

#429 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostSaltIsMyFuel, on 17 October 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

On a good world, everyone would be a winner, on pgi´s world, everybody is a loser!
My sodium chloride reactor is getting more fuel Posted Image.

MORE fuel !!!

#430 Craft

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCzech Rep.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

I want my Mist Lync (c), mechbay and cblil I do not want.

#431 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostPure NZ, on 17 October 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

When will the next battle fornthe Luthien be placed?

This, what's stopping the clans from just taking it, event or not?

#432 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Well, the Clans have every other capital planet surrounded too except for... Tharkad I think? Or was it New Avalon... Either way, there will probably be another planetary event after the Civil War II reward event...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM.

#433 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Bloody hell... 1.5 hours until the Monthly Patch rears its' ugly head, and everyone here is left without a proper answer about this Event. It even looks like it may be impossible for some people to claim a prize for their participation? PGI's got some explaining to do, particularly with all the effort that everyone has put into this. Heck, will the Event Rewards be available for claiming after the Patch? One can only hope PGI avoided leaving a so-called "Pandora's Box" waiting that would deny stuff to people. -_-

As for me, I got my Qualifying Matches put in, but only barely. Scouting was an insanity of "only Brawl, don't give a damn about the Objective", which is NOT how that mode is supposed to be played. Being only one person, I was forced to follow along until I burned out from it. I'm NOT a Natural Brawler, and now I'm having trouble getting myself to even think of launching MWO and keep it running. I'm beginning to think I've reached my end, what with PGI constantly leaving people to get confused and angry, myself included. <_<

As for this...

View PostApocalypticoreo, on 17 October 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

what's stopping the clans from just taking it, event or not?

Built-In Safety in the Map Handling and Attack Voting. Capital Planets don't come up for Vote. PGI configured it so they have to explicitly handle Special Events for them, and the Community can't initiate the Event on their own. Just thinking about it is kind of sad, huh? :(

~Mr. D. V. "Pardon the caps, but... WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH DECLARING A TIE ANYWAY, PGI?!?!?" Devnull

#434 Simulacrum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

I guess the event manager is pretty bugged. Was that the first capital city invasion event, like PGI named it in their CW changes or was it just unlucky named by accident? 3 hours before the event end the Clans had the bar at 100% so I strongly disbelieve a IS miracle - or did the Star League won their fight at the Clans home world and battled for an (NPC) tie? ;)

#435 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 15 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

One might argue that the message should be, "IS, get your sh*t together"

I also wonder if that might not be the genesis of the seemingly vast Mauler vs Mist Lynx(C) disparity: encouraging the higher end mercs to jump on the IS bandwagon for a bit.

You must be new here.

#436 Squirell

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

This is complete hogwash.

Too bad some people still can't claim their rewards through the event tab.

#437 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

A tie.

A tie?

What is this, interplanetary conflict or a youth kickball league? "Sure, Billy...go ahead and run the bases even though you totally whiffed your kick. We don't keep score anyway."

Oh well..."If you had fun, you won!"

#438 Grim 13

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postnaterist, on 17 October 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

It was a tie? Wtf?

I recall the slider being maxed clan win for, like..... from 3 hours after event started to the end. Wtf?

Instead of humoring the IS by calling a clear loss a tie, why not do something to make the IS more viable.

View PostLaneHacker, on 17 October 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

A tie seems a bit odd. I'm thinking either someone is trying to make someone feel better or a ingame system is messed up. The ingame bar showed clans winning all weekend for me. Meanwhile I heard others ingame saying IS was winning. Not to mention the first several games I played did not even get recorded. So I'm leaning to ingame systems messing up.

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 17 October 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Clans had the win meter pinned the whole time ??? What kind of new bs is claiming a tie when the meter clearly showed Clans DOMINATING to the point IS pilots quit because there wasn't a point.

Much like in previous events of such nature, the state of the "win meter" means absolutely nothing until the final hours of the event. That's usually when the big players (read large units) step onto the scene and tip the scale which ever way (usually towards Clans).
Seeing how such 'big players' seemed indifferent to this event, the final hours of this event saw IS pushing back just far enough to deny Clans capture of Luthien, ending the event in a draw.
If they made these events last 12 hours, or 12 days, with enough notice given for people to organize, the result would be the same.

View PostBorg 4, on 17 October 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

It seems a tie means no mechs for anyone, and of course nobody is happy about that. the clans won over 90% of their faction warfare games, even though this is still due to game game imbalence. The clanners should have been considered the winners and given their champion mist lynx, or everyone should have been given choice, it would have been a small price to pay for PGI to finally get a positive response from their frustrated player base. and then theirs the chronic balance issue..... cant we just have 2 five player clan stars vs 3 inner sphere lances? that would give the inner sphere a lore accurate numbers advantage properly represented in game and give in game validity to the better clan mechs and tech.

They could go the lore accurate route, sure. But it would have to be non-selective lore accuracy, without the crutch of nerfed weapons for one side and overquirked 'Mechs for the other.
Let's face it - as hard as PGI tries, there is no cure for player skill.
Look at the numbers currently in game...
- IS has the drop deck tonnage advantage
- some IS heavy 'Mechs have the same armor values as Clan assault 'Mechs
- IS 'Mechs still have positive weapon quirks and get to fire more weapons without ghost heat, while you're hard pressed to find a clan 'Mech with such benefits
Yet, even with all that, the average IS player can't break 1000 damage in a FW match, while the average Clanner usually does.

I hold no loyalty to neither Clans, nor IS. I play the game to play the game and I've found my personal results during this event equal to that of my drops with Clans, even without having a proper drop deck - something I am not lacking on the Clan side.
So with the expectation of a proper drop deck improving my own score in IS over the Clans, I can only lay blame for poor performance with the players themselves.

#439 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

View Postarcana75, on 15 October 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I dunno, when I was dropping as Clan about 10 hrs ago, most of the Clanners were pugs, while the IS were largely premades. In fact the 7-8 invasion drops the Clan team lost 5, 2 were steamrolls (Clan Siege Attack on Boreal Vault and Grim Plexus)

To see how things are actually going look at the Capture Threshold bar that shows which side is winning. The Clan color is blue and the IS color is orange. Clans almost always win Invasion. There has been a significant imbalance that favors the Clans for about two years. I can't tell you the specific cause of the imbalance, but the evidence that it exists is that Clans almost always win planets (see planetary map) vs IS. IS loyalists, I am one, started dropping out of FW when the balance issues were not resolved in a reasonable period of time. No winning = no fun. The result was people quit playing or switched to Clan or Merc. We had three to five loyalist units dropping one and sometimes more 12-man pre-mades a night when things were balanced. Nowadays the IS only wins when enough organized Mercs flip-flop to the IS side for a few days. There are a very few, maybe no, organized Marik loyalists units that still play FW Invasion regularly. Key word "regularly." Marik loyalists units may play occasionally for tournament rewards. Not the right choice of win condition by PGI given the known history and current status of FW.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 18 October 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#440 Zodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 October 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Bloody hell...

It's OK Man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users