Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

don't forget to mark down all your event results

seems the matches are not updating

#22 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yes, you were right not only about the event being doomed (as all FP most of the time), but now the objectives progress does not even show.

Time to quit the event for a few hours, the faster I finish it the better, can't take that much BS matches in a row.

#23 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

8 hours after matches started counting and i't all ready over.

Posted Image

#24 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:24 AM

make terra great again

#25 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

At the close of the evening around 7 through 9 PM Pacific time, Inner Sphere was trashing people in Invasion. The organized companies put on their big boy pants for certain. Thankfully, the Pakhet still gets work done for me in scouting.

#26 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

View PostFallingAce, on 14 October 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

8 hours after matches started counting and i't all ready over.

Posted Image

It was over one second after it was announced.

We all knew, KNEW, that Clans would win again, was there any honest doubt?

No. None at all.

#27 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

Well done, PGI. Great way to devalue such an "epic" event and make it look meaningless.

#28 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

Based on the games I played yesterday, the beat down is so severe that in some matches 0 (ZERO) of the IS players met their 150 score requirement.

#29 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:48 AM

I dropped solo last night and only saw a clan unit group dropping once (CWM IIRC). Still, IS pugs lost most of the time due to just how bad they were. They were bringing trial stalkers to maps like river city...would have been way better off with the trial mauler. Most lopsided match that I saw was skirmish grim plexues and the IS team just kept charging out one by one into the open and getting focused fired by ER LLs/LRMs.

I did see a clan pug team lose once because half the team kept running into the enemy base one by one and ignoring everyone else's calls to regroup. But almost all the games i played were easy clan wins.

#30 OrichalcumMalleus

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

So does the Inner Sphere ever win? I've yet to see it happen. Granted, I haven't been playing long but still.

#31 Thora Albescu

Rookie

• The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

View PostOrichalcumMalleus, on 14 October 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

So does the Inner Sphere ever win? I've yet to see it happen. Granted, I haven't been playing long but still.

I won once about an hour ago, but that's the first FW win I've had in my few months of play.

#32 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 14 October 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

It was over one second after it was announced.

We all knew, KNEW, that Clans would win again, was there any honest doubt?

No. None at all.

And yet. IS mechs getting nerfed again, Cuz, you know, Grasshoppers and Warhammers are OP as ****. lol What a joke.

#33 Eleshod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 187 posts
  • LocationVegas baby!

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Did anyone expect anything different? Clans have been ripping a hole into the IS map for months now with no resistance. A shiny Mauler wasn't going to make the high-tier clan units swap for the event, anyone running the loyalist trap on clan side most certainly has enough rank-ups to for mechbays for maulers 20 times over. This was a doomed event from the start, best thing you can do is merc into both sides for the 2 mechbays, the C-bills and the free Mists Lynx.

Best part about that, imagine how many /more/ IS pilots are going to be salted away from the game mode after this.

Two quick fixes for this event would have easily been only allowing the Mauler/Lynx for loyalists, keeping double dippers out. (Which I will be shamelessly doing thanks to PGI having no thought to the event.) and providing the mech for anyone who finishes the event without the needed victory requirement. This creates agency with the mode because
"Hey I got this shiny Mauler/Lynx out of there, that's cool, sure we got waxed but I have something real nice to show for it. So it wasn't a horrid slog. Now what's the drop-deck thing? I can stuff my Mauler into" And they learn from there.
Instead of
"Oh I wasted my time in what was a steam-roll by the clans side and all I got were some C-bills which I get in the less intense QP anyways and a mechbay. (Which honestly, by now people should be rolling int due to the event.)"

And I expect quite a bit of angry messages come the end of the event for those that didn't quite pay attention to the "Victory" condition for the mech come events end. It's going to be a glorious firestorm.

#34 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

FP so much lost potential
so many lost opportunities

the whole time the try hard mantra get gud plays in the background

#35 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

I started playing this game a little over a year ago and haven't bothered with faction play until this weekend, more or less. Scouting is fun if you aren't grouped with potatoes. So it is very fun if you're grouped with friends. I tried 5 matches of Invasion style FP, and it was no where near as fun as Scouting. The maps have a lot to do with it, and groups vs pugs had a lot to do with it.

I think PGI needs to strive HARD to capture both the fun and balance that 4v4 scouting has into 12v12 invasion. Maybe 8v8 as an intermediate mode could happen, I dunno. But that's my feedback from the experiment.

#36 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 14 October 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

And yet. IS mechs getting nerfed again, Cuz, you know, Grasshoppers and Warhammers Annihilators are OP as ****. lol What a joke.

FTFY

I'm sure nerfing the Grasshoppers and Warhammers Annihilators while not touching the Deathstrike will bring balance to faction warfare.

#37 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostFallingAce, on 14 October 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

FTFY

I'm sure nerfing the Grasshoppers and Warhammers Annihilators while not touching the Deathstrike will bring balance to faction warfare.

Why yes, yes it will. It will help maintain the status quo. Welcome to the beginning of MW5 era life support mode for this game. Now go out there, take your IS unit and get farmed by a clan merc crew with half your skill.(Because this game has most excellent balance, much fun, just wows!

(PS) and be sure to buy a mech pack, maybe a nightstar. Which has mounts almost twice as low as advertised.

#38 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:57 PM

I wouldn't say doomed just yet.
IS players are getting better all of time, as they play FP and shake bad QP-habits from their back. Also seems that adaptation of mech builds for FP has started, so everything is open right now. This is LONG event, so things might get interesting in couple days.

#39 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Map design needs to force pug battles to occur at optimal IS ranges.
As soon as pugs come under fire they hide and poke, and on all the popular maps end up trading at clan optimal ranges.
The IS will always be doomed because of pugs vs map design.

#40 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 14 October 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Map design needs to force pug battles to occur at optimal IS ranges.
As soon as pugs come under fire they hide and poke, and on all the popular maps end up trading at clan optimal ranges.
The IS will always be doomed because of pugs vs map design.

The trick my friend is not to be a pug. And not to be tolerant of they existence of pugs within your factions.

View PostVXJaeger, on 14 October 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't say doomed just yet.
IS players are getting better all of time, as they play FP and shake bad QP-habits from their back. Also seems that adaptation of mech builds for FP has started, so everything is open right now. This is LONG event, so things might get interesting in couple days.

Are you kidding? the IS units will get there event rewards and quit again. No one wants to waste time carrying useless pugs with balance so bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users